PDA

View Full Version : B E -> New energy brew from Anheiser

Robot
10-05-2004, 01:18 PM
http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/BtoE_100404.htm

looks interesting.. i like that its got caffeine and its twice as strong as normal beer.. but the flavoring sounds kinda weird... cant wait to try it though.

toby1
10-05-2004, 07:07 PM
wow!!!!!!!!!

Wonder what Rhonda from Edison thinks about this?
Ill hope to see her in the market soon to ask her myself.

10oz can? 6.6%ABV? Blackberry, Cherry? Is it Beer? Is it a Malternative? Is it an Energy Drink?

Im with you....really wanna try this one.

Robot
10-05-2004, 07:19 PM
i would almost prefer if it was straight up just beer flavored or straigh tup malternative (ie: you wouldnt taste any beer, just the cherry/berry flavoring).. the mix of the two flavors seems like it might be weird, but we'll see.. it seems they are doing their research on this one, lets hope for something good.

but the fact that ill be able to get as drunk from 1 of those as two regular bud lites/miller lites, plus the energy stuff, i can easily see myself picking up 12/24 packs of this stuff.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-05-2004, 10:51 PM
wait, one of those would get you drunk? and you buy how much booze?

Robot
10-05-2004, 11:49 PM
run you seem to have missed the point, the level of drunkeness from 1 of those would be equal to two regular beers, because its twice as strong, i dont mean that i would be drunk from 1 beer simply.. trust me, i could probably drink most anyone under the table, and thats not a good thing.

bigbottom
10-06-2004, 09:27 AM
I have to applaud Bud for this move and Rhonda has to also be breathing a sigh of relief as well. Not to mention the attention this will bring to her brand and the all others that will want to jump on board just to compete and have a brand to answer for their portfolio. For such a big company to wake up and realize they need to be on the cutting edge with brands is incredible instead of continuously playing it safe as they have. How else will you hit the long ball. Evolution baby, Evolution.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-06-2004, 01:45 PM
a beer is 5.0% ABV. jimmy, i think you missed the boat.

Robot
10-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Bud Lite 4.2%

Miller Lite 4.5%

So you are correct, I assumed they were 3.2% and 3.5% for some reason, but 4.2% and 4.5% is a bit higher. But Still, B(E) is 2% higher and that is considerable after an average person has dranken a few.

[ 10-06-2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Jimmy O'Sullivan ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-06-2004, 04:47 PM
righty-o. what you're lookin at is the punch of alcohol and the guarana. kudos to A-B to comin up with the stuff. it sounds like it's a long ways away from national distribution, after all they are still awaiting FDA approval, but it's a keen idea.