PDA

View Full Version : Budwieser e

Energydude
11-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Saw an ad for the new beer with caffeine and it comes in a 10oz. can???

Should be interesting!!!

Robot
11-20-2004, 03:20 AM
where'd ya see the ad?

is thit stuff hitting stores anytime soon?

cant wait to give it a try.. i bet ill hate the flavor, but i hope i like it..

wish there was a light version in the works.. too many calories...

Red Sox fan
11-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Tasted it at NACS. IT TATES ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. No male would drink it. better shot with females but still probably not.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-21-2004, 12:13 AM
low carb green apple is out and taking a shot at smirnoff twisted green apple

Robot
11-21-2004, 06:18 AM
still cant find that low carb green apple in chicago yet..

cant find B to the E either, why does beer/alcohol stuff always take so long to get into chicago!?

Ron Swedelson
11-24-2004, 08:35 PM
Saw an ad for B to the E. Looks ok, but dont know how it will taste or who they will market to. Sounds like Sparks, without the malt liquor and just Buds beer.

NLE Dan
11-29-2004, 02:05 AM
Honestly it tastes like they took beer and redbull and mixed them together. It has a hint ot berry/cherry, but essentially beern and energy drink and it has been selling in huge volume north of Chicago, everyone I've talked to that carries it says its selling like crazy, could just be the new factor or maybe more

Robot
11-30-2004, 10:44 PM
just picked up 4 cans of it at $1.49 a piece.. thats the onyl way they had it, in singles.

they said they just got it a week ago, nobody else has it yet.. one other liquor store said they'd get it tomorrow..

this is in chicago BTW.. 4 packs apparently coming, like energy drinks do, at a slight discount.. hopefully $4 (or $5) for a 4 pack.

Robot
11-30-2004, 11:46 PM
wow.. drank about 1/3 of a can..

so far, not liking it.. has a very odd taste.. definately an acquired taste..

no clue how it will do.. definately see it doing better in clubs/rave type situations than a typical bar unless it comes on tap at some point.. but i doubt that, we'll probably just see it in these 10oz cans in singles and 4 packs huh?

Robot
12-21-2004, 11:47 PM
have been drinking more of these and its growing on me.. the taste is distinctly its own.. its not a redbull/vodka flavor, it isnt a beer flavor, it isnt a malternative flavor.. its a very odd mix of bits and parts of all those.

definately has some caffeine/guarana in it from my personal experience of drinking them...

i think these could do well if people arent turned off by the initial taste... was a good idea to make this and make it easier for people to get that alcohol/caffeine combo than doing redbull/vodka... wish it was a bit cheaper though...

got a 6 pack for $8 tonight.. but generally speaking they come in 4 packs in this cardboard thing and thats like $5.50-6.

Energydude
12-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Looks like another reason not to buy a can of RB.

nrgdrinklikemike
03-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Can't stand it. This is America, so why the 10 oz can? If I want beer, I drink beer. If I want alcohol with energy, I drink Liquid Charge. They are local here, have 6.9% alcohol and are a real energy drink in a 16 oz can. Incredible.

KevinGrevey
04-01-2005, 01:40 PM
I wondered about the 10 oz. can too. Why'd they decide to do that?

Robot
04-01-2005, 02:18 PM
10 oz vs 12 oz?

its marketing/branding..

red bull is 8oz can plus an ounce or two of vodka..

they are trying to compete with that look and feel..

so , 10oz can to differntiate and clearly show its an energy drink style thing.

also, never even heard of liquid charge.. so i dont think thats really something to talk about.. but bud has the distribution and name to push this decently.. right now there is basically *1* option for energy alcohol in a club or bar.. redbull+vodka..

this gives everyone a second option.. not saying everyone will like it or that it wont be cancelled.. but , its a REAL option.. unlike "liquid charge"..

tpetry
04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Now B-to-the-E is available in 12oz cans and bottles.

Robot
04-08-2005, 08:09 PM
really?

i still mostly only see 10oz cans,and 1 store i know of has the 10oz bottles.

KevinGrevey
04-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I've only seen the 10oz cans.

Maximus
06-05-2005, 04:27 AM
I'm really surprised that no one has said anything about Sparks. This is the very first alcohol energy drink on the market, I believe. It has an orange flavor and they also make a light version, which is new. Check it out at www.sparks.com (http://www.sparks.com) . It looks like they have some great marketing, too.

Robot
06-06-2005, 09:14 PM
i still have only found the 10oz bottles of this in 1 store in savoy, IL..

is it only a test size or will it go national? or what?

am a big fan of B^E on ice, seems to complement the flavor/drink well.

good stuff, hope it sticks around.

sundevil
06-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I just did a post on the liquid charge stuff over on the sparks thread. I have to say that I've tried all three and I don't like the b2e It's like a beer thats been in the sun too long. Sparks vs Liquid Charge? A question of taste I guess. Is it not on the east coast yet? We just got it hear.

spyhunter
06-21-2005, 09:43 PM
B to the E is horrible. I haven't had the pleasure of tasting Liquid Charge yet. However, sparks is a hit from what I've seen. Has anyone tried the 3 Sum energy drink / alc and its' flavors? Probably the best I've tasted but it comes in an 8.3 ounce can

NLE Dan - from what I've seen and heard, b to the e isn't selling through very well hear in Chicago or most of the other areas I travel. Obviously it sold well originally....just filling the AB pipeline will make a product sell well.

Robot
06-21-2005, 10:15 PM
just noticed they put out 4 packs now in little energy style boxes, that you see 4 packs of energy drinks coming in at grocery stores.

havent seen the bottles anywhere ever again outside of "friar tucks" in savoy, il.