PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Energy

nrgdrinklikemike
03-03-2005, 08:22 PM
So people are talking about B-E, I've heard about Sparks (tang) and then there's the new one, Liquid Charge, good stuff. Thoughts on the category? Seems like a good idea to me, why waste the time with a rockstar if I can get something with alcohol for the same price?

Christian Prickett
03-04-2005, 08:30 AM
I tried B-E and it wasn't bad. I dislike Bud in general; stuff is like a laxative to me but that is another story. It tastes like beer with a Red Bull aftertaste. Not bad for a first try but I'd rather have an energy drink like Bawls mixed with citrus vodka.

EnergyKing
03-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Go Fast mixed with Mikes Hard Lemonade and Citrus Vodka. Very Tastey.

NLE Dan
03-11-2005, 04:11 PM
There is also one called Gruv that we have around here in Chicago

tpetry
03-17-2005, 06:05 PM
I just tasted one called Red Square at the Bev Retailer Show in Vegas. It was pretty good. Two versions, one was a mixed drink, one was a shot.

Robot
03-17-2005, 07:02 PM
hmm, i think i heard of red square..

i've seen "gruv" on the shelves herein chicago, but havent tried it yet.. looks interesting, i will pick up some at some point... whats it taste like?

i am pretty content with Bud Extra (or b-to-the-e or whatever) and regular ole red bull+vodka..

only wish they had a bud extra light or low carb version in the works, anyone know if they do?

Maximus
06-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Personally, I don't think any alcohol energy drink that is out right now that can touch Sparks. The stuff is great and they just launched a Light version, too.

spyhunter
06-21-2005, 10:42 PM
There is also one called 3 Sum. The only place I have come across it though is at an account called Millions and MLT's in Cincinnati OH. It was better than Sparks but came in an 8.3 ounce can. Sparks is the best that I have found in general circulation. Haven't been able to find Liquid Charge yet but I heard it isn't in the midwest yet.

Gruv and B E are really bad versions of these types of drinks. I think both are pretty bad tasting.

BottleBoss
06-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Gimme a break.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-23-2005, 02:12 AM
in the hood they mix sparks and heineken half and half.
mmmmmmmmmmmm

spyhunter
06-25-2005, 08:26 PM
bottle boss what's the "gimme a break" all about?

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-07-2005, 12:38 PM
3sum is now in four flavors and in 16oz cans.

bud is coming out with 'tilt' to compete with sparks.

i've never seen so much innovation from bud recently.

Robot
08-07-2005, 10:01 PM
when will tilt hit stores?

i thought B^E was supposed to compete with sparks?

turtleboy
08-11-2005, 08:35 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050809/1006470.asp

Boozebaron
11-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I noticed this thread and wondered if any of you had heard of Zygo. It is a 70 proof vodka laced with flavor and energy components. I am one of the creators of the product and it differs from most alc/energy products in that you can make a cocktail ie martini with it. Our website is www.fuelchange.com. (http://www.fuelchange.com.) Sorry to plug myself but this thread was interesting. Thanks.

Boozebaron
11-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Oh, I forgot something....

Check out Moonshot Beer: www.moonshotbeer.com. (http://www.moonshotbeer.com.)

It is premium lager mixed with caffeine. I have nothing to do with it other than being good friends with the owner. This is not a plug, just an FYI.

greg
11-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Why does nobody talk of the inherent risks of combining a stimulant with a depressant. These 2 can be lethal if someone ingests too much. Is it because these new energy/alcohol drinks really have no real energy values, just enough to put on the label, or do the creators just not care of the possible dangers to consumers?

Mr Zabe
11-30-2005, 07:42 PM
IMO
If "energy" drinks had any FDA regulated stimulants these drinks would require a doctor's
prescription.

So the ingredients in an energy drink for the most part are akin to vitamins and dietary supplements which may or may not give the drinker a boost.

In relative terms booze and energy drinks are not like combining a depressant and a stimulant. Just a marketing ploy to increase sales for booze and energy drinks. IMO

greg
12-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Good point Mr Zabe.

Christian Prickett
12-02-2005, 02:45 PM
I hear that Sparks is selling like Woah in Philly. I asked a friend of mine to pick us up a bottle but that is a no-go cause they sold out in the 3 distributors she went to. O well.

JP QuikServ Drinks
12-12-2005, 08:23 PM
could you dudes please help me? im a distributor in the Long Island area, and I wanted to consider starting distribution of an alcoholic energy drink. can anyone email me some info on it?

JPQuikServDrinks@aol.com

thanks!

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-14-2005, 06:30 PM
sparks has one distributor in philly - origlio. sparks is exclusively distributed by miller distributors across america.

jp - i assume you'd need a new license to distribute an alcoholic anything. that's the first information i'd be looking at.

JP QuikServ Drinks
01-22-2006, 10:07 PM
my warehouse mgr. has a licence for it... we just dont have one on board now.

Red Sox fan
01-23-2006, 11:08 PM
www.rockstar21.com...coming (http://www.rockstar21.com...coming) this spring.

JP QuikServ Drinks
03-07-2006, 07:03 PM
there's no money in big names. i dont sell pepsi. i dont sell coke. i dont sell red bull. i dont sell rockstar. id rather make 10/case lugging around say 100 cases a week, rather then the guy that works for pepsi, maybe he makes 2 bucks a case selling 350 cases a week or so.

the numbers may be out of whack, but the concept is there. work less, get paid more if you develop a drink. that is the philosophy of JP.