PDA

View Full Version : Bacardi Silver Watermelon comingout, Limon cancelled?

Robot
04-07-2005, 02:43 PM
just noticed bacardi silver watermelon billboards up in Illinois, but havent seen it on the shelves yet.

however, just read the press release up on bevnet.com's main page, and they fail to mention Limon in their listing of the current flavors, and regular Bacardi Silver seems like an afterthought.

i've noticed in alot of places they just car Raz and O3, and maybe 1 of the low carbs..

are they just pushing the low carb versions and the o3/raz right now? is limon dead?

is bacardi silver going to be phased out?

runwiththelilguy, get in here and answer these queries!!!

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
from what i've seen in the market, we will be left with raz, o3, low carb black cherry (because apple didn't get slotted into a lot of major chains, but that could all change) and then maybe this new one. it's a war of flavors right now. as far as i know, limon's all but gone and silver, they are trying to get rid of.

Robot
04-08-2005, 01:07 PM
so i guess that kills the party pack unless they do a new version of that.

any new smirnoff or bacardi silver flavors on their way do you know?

Robot
04-08-2005, 11:39 PM
well i found bacardi silver watermelon tonight, at a liquor store that always seems to be the first to get everything, they are the only place i know to have the bottles of Bud energy still, and they were the first to have bacardi silver watermelon...

i enjoyed it, but i dont know if i liked it more than smirnoff twisted V watermelon.. basically, if i wanted the watermelon drink, i'd pick one of these two, and the one that i'd buy would be whichever one was cheaper at the store i was buying at.

bacardi silver has a "new look", according to the label.. seems to follow along more with the low-carb type bottle look... probably update the graphics of o3/raz and whatever flavors they keep huh?

run, do you think bacardi silver regular will actually be cancelled? and when?

any word on cancellations of other brands/flavors in the fmb catagory?

Robot
04-09-2005, 08:42 PM
okay, been having a hard time finding a 6 pack of bacardi silver limon for collecting purposes..

but ran across a liquor store this evening that was blowing out the bacardi silver party boxes.. i had a hard time finding these at all , and all of a sudden, this liquor store has 30 of them out there, $6 a box or $10 for 2 (a case)..

so i bought quite a few party boxes, as thats less than 50cents a bottle of bacardi silver, which is quite the deal considering it goes for $7.49 or $7.99 mostly and is $6 on sale or something.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-10-2005, 07:47 AM
that sounds like a blowout price. i know that here in Lansing, they got rid of those rather quickly. those party boxes never seemed to take off. plus they are hand-packed so they are most costly to make.

Robot
04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
hell yah thats a blowout! seems this was the only store in that chain to have it in this area too, musta just dropped off the remaining stock at this one store for nearly nothing huh?

$9.99 for 24 bottles of bacardi silver is quite the steal, considering normally its $6.99-$7.99 for a 6 pack, and on sale at about $6 a pack.. so that makes it $1 a bottle on sale, this was 42 cents a bottle, so I just had to load up..

i now have bacardi silver for the entire summer, i have to throw a BBQ or two and a party, as.. I just wont have the space for all this bacardi silver...

i tried a regular bacardi silver last night which i hadnt had in a while, and only have had it a few times total, and it was pretty tasty, i enjoyd it.. Raz and o3 I havent had in ages so ill give them a go, and I think i've only had 1 bottle of limon ever..

the bacardi silver watermelon is quite good however...

KevinGrevey
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I've never had any of these drinks in watermelon flavor. Are they generally very popular?

NRGChick
04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
The malt bev's are pretty good. If they're not sickeningly sweet, or too too tart. I don't know if I'd care for the watermelon one. Was it really sweet?

Robot
04-12-2005, 01:16 PM
bacardi silver watermelon and smirnoff twisted V watermelon are both very good, though the smirnoff is sweeter IMO, so if you find them too sweet sometimes you might prefer the bacardi silver one.

the watermelon versions are delicious and interesting IMO...

i am finding the regular bacardi silver to be a really good flavor, it is an interesting mix of citrus, something i seem to have overlooked previously... it has the obvious lemon/lime flavorings but it seems to have some grapefruit in there as well as other "citrusy" flavors, i really like it and think its under-rated.

Robot
04-13-2005, 03:53 PM
i wonder how the low carb bacardi silvers are doing..

NRGChick
04-14-2005, 08:35 AM
If a malt bev is too sweet or tart it can give me mass heartburn not to mention a stomache ache if I drink even 2 or 3 of them. I'd like to see one that's very light in flavor, and sweetness. I haven't really found any that I like, but I don't like liquor really, and I'm not a huge beer drinker.