PDA

View Full Version : The Shelf Life Of Beer?

Look In The Tunk
05-29-2005, 07:22 PM
(Little background I turned 21 last year, this is all new to me)

Ok, I got too crazy on buying beer/malternatives and I have a pantry full of it. (the beer is mostly Sierra Nevada varities if anyone is curious). I bought these in January and February of this year. (I have some leftover Celebration Beer from December also) How much longer do I have on them? Or should I have chucked them a while back?

[ 05-29-2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: TheConnieVandelayShow ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-29-2005, 08:16 PM
sierra can be kept up to about 9 months. you have nice taste in beer.

malternatives have about a 9 month life span

****ty american beer has anywhere from 65 days (coors) to 110 days (A-B) to four months (miller)

Look In The Tunk
05-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Ok, so I have until September to drink them all! That'll probably take me that long too, I only have like 2 beers a month. I'm more of a vodka person, personally.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-02-2005, 11:14 AM
many beers will keep, especially in brown glass bottles, for a long period of time if they are kept, or "cellarred" in controlled temperature areas. don't keep them in your trunk, but rather, a nice cool basement would work.

Look In The Tunk
06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
I know something I will have to chuck. I bought some Bacardi O on my birthday last year (June 20th) and I still have a bottle left. I'm sure that tastes good now!

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-02-2005, 10:15 PM
nasty

FMBs aren't that good, although i was impressed with the Mike's Hard Berry and Lime

Look In The Tunk
06-19-2005, 06:29 PM
My birthday is tomorrow, and I still have that one bottle of "O" left in my pantry from last birthday. I'll throw it away for the occassion, or get creative and drink it and see how a year old malternative tastes like!