PDA

View Full Version : any way to get Wild Turkey Freedom or Heritage bourbon?

Robot
12-27-2005, 06:10 AM
been recently getting into whiskeys more, and specifically the wild turkey lineup which I am finding I like quite alot..

however, I noticed there was a "Wild Turkey Freedom" and I think they now have Wild Turkey Heritage, in DFS Galleria stores around the world, exclusively.

is there any other way to get bottles of these two liquors? any stores have them online or anything?

if you are passing thru a DFS galleria, would you check what wild turkey or other whiskeys they may have, if they have any other rare/weird exclusives, and what the price is?

thanks!

Robot
01-01-2006, 07:00 AM
i guess that would include a few other rarer/limited wild turkeys that i didnt know about previously..

i picked up a bottle of wild turkey "kentucky spirit" this evening; pretty hard to run down.. most places have wild turkey 80/101, and then either rare breed or russel's reserve or both, oftentimes..

kentucky spirit is hard as hell to find, and pretty expensive to boot at $39.99 when I did find it.. is that about the going rate?

HighTower
04-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Jimmy,
Unfortunately, the Freedom and Heritage bottles are only available from DFS stores. I had my sister pick me up a bottle of Freedom a few years ago, which is now signed by Jimmy Russell. It set her back AU$90. I have been trying to track down the Heritage, and it seems they haven't got it here in Australia yet. I have called the Hollywood store, and they wouldn't give me a price. They have it in New Zealand and it was AU$60 a bottle. I have been collecting Wild Turkey bottles for a few years now and I have (signed) the Freedom, Rare Breed, 12YO 101, 8YO 101, 86.8 proof, and unsigned i have Honey Liquer, Russell's Reserve 101, Russell's Reserve 90 proof, Kentucky Spirit, Tribute Japan version, Tribute USA version, Wild Turkey Sherry Signature (Only available in the UK). SO now I am hunting the Heritage, Kentucky Legend and Tradition. Too many to get! I also am hoping the rye will come back to Australia. We lost it after that large fire at the distillery. I did have a Kentucky Legend and a Tradition lined up from Germany, but I made the mistake of sending cash registered mail and it "never showed up" Apparently. Good luck finding your bottles!
Regards
Scott

taittinger
12-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Jimmy,
Unfortunately, the Freedom and Heritage bottles are only available from DFS stores. I had my sister pick me up a bottle of Freedom a few years ago, which is now signed by Jimmy Russell. It set her back AU$90. I have been trying to track down the Heritage, and it seems they haven't got it here in Australia yet. I have called the Hollywood store, and they wouldn't give me a price. They have it in New Zealand and it was AU$60 a bottle. I have been collecting Wild Turkey bottles for a few years now and I have (signed) the Freedom, Rare Breed, 12YO 101, 8YO 101, 86.8 proof, and unsigned i have Honey Liquer, Russell's Reserve 101, Russell's Reserve 90 proof, Kentucky Spirit, Tribute Japan version, Tribute USA version, Wild Turkey Sherry Signature (Only available in the UK). SO now I am hunting the Heritage, Kentucky Legend and Tradition. Too many to get! I also am hoping the rye will come back to Australia. We lost it after that large fire at the distillery. I did have a Kentucky Legend and a Tradition lined up from Germany, but I made the mistake of sending cash registered mail and it "never showed up" Apparently. Good luck finding your bottles!
Regards
Scott

i have a bottle of wild turkey freedom if you are interested. let me know. thanks, syl

taittinger
12-09-2013, 11:44 PM
i have a bottle of wild turkey freedom if you are still interested. let me know. thanks, syl