PDA

View Full Version : Stella Artois???

Coco Rico
06-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Does anyone know who the importer is and when they will have full national distribution? I love this beer, but I can't always find it.

CR

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-10-2006, 10:45 AM
where do you live? the importer is InBev, which deals in the US under the name of Labatt USA. you might have heard of them recently because of the sale of Rolling Rock to A-B.

InBev in the US has the following brands: Bass, Boddington's Pub Ale, Beck's, Brahma, Bohemia, Franzikaner/Spaten/Lowenbrau, Hoegaarden, Labatt Blue, Leffe, St. Pauli Girl, Staropramen and Tennent's, not to mention your sought after Stella Artois, which is their primary global brand.

Your best bet for finding out about the availability of Stella is to research your local beer distributors. Find out which ones carry most of these brands and they, generally, will be the ones that carry Stella or will know of it's availability.

In general, beer distributors like to help people find their favorite beers because beer is still, for the most part, about trying new things and brand loyalty.

Coco Rico
06-13-2006, 11:08 PM
That's some good info, apparently InBev distributes a lot of my beer favs as I'm a big fan of Boddington's, Franzikaner, and Leffe, in addition to Stella.

I think a local major liquor house (rather than a beer dist) carries those brands so I will inquire about Stella with them.

Thanks for the input.

CR

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Now supposedly by the end of this week we will hear on whether rights to Stella and other InBev brands are sold to Anheuser-Busch. Not the brands but just the distribution rights in America.

A-B is making for some interesting waves eh?

SaveCitra
07-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Stella is Belgian