PDA

View Full Version : A-B Introduces the Chill Chamber

rackitup
12-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Husmann developed the Chill Chamber for Budweiser. It's a refrigerated unit that uses Super Cooling Tec. to take the temperature of Beer in Aluminum Bottles as low as 22F without freezing.
They say the Beer will remain cooler 17 minutes longer.

www.chillchamber.com (http://www.chillchamber.com)

[ 12-12-2006, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

greg
12-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Intersting concept. I have a question that I couldn't find in the FAQ section: What prevents the beer from freezing once the the bottle is opened and it gets that first blast of Oxygen? Kind of like what happens to a soda or water when it is chilled to a very low temp. I realize the alocohol content will keep it from freezing at 32 degrees but it will be 10 degrees colder.

Another thing, isn't it possible that at that cold a temperature you will loose a lot of taste?

rackitup
12-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by greg:
Intersting concept. I have a question that I couldn't find in the FAQ section: What prevents the beer from freezing once the the bottle is opened and it gets that first blast of Oxygen? Kind of like what happens to a soda or water when it is chilled to a very low temp. I realize the alocohol content will keep it from freezing at 32 degrees but it will be 10 degrees colder.

Another thing, isn't it possible that at that cold a temperature you will loose a lot of taste? I asked a Bud rep who has heard of this and he asures me that the alum. bottle will not freez up when opened.
He did say that the coolers use "Super Cooling Technology" that swirl around the air in the cooler, and that it has some kind of shelving system that does not obstruct the flow from the alum. bottles.

I am skeptical, when I take a cold Beer from the fridge and put it in the freezer for too long, it looks normal(unfrozen)but the second I open it it freezes up and overflows.

I don't think super cold beer loses any flavor, I personally drink my beer as cold as I can get it without freezing.

But then again I hear what you are saying, the beer in essence would be frozen from the time it is merchandised in the cooler untill the consumer consumes it.

BriGuy20
01-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Interesting concept. I would love to try it, but I'm not a beer person (mixed drinks and alcopops for me).

I saw an episode of MythBusters, you can achieve a similar effect by putting salt in your cooler with the water/ice.