PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Hates The Jones Company??

Pages : 1 [2] 3

boodoo
03-09-2002, 05:44 PM
It seems that anyone who has an opinion that is different than that of old 86 is a "basher". And I guess that those of us who trade opinions here "must have no life". Thanks for your enlightenment 86.

Oh no....does this post make me one of the "three" or is the total now up to four?

sodasommelier
03-10-2002, 12:54 PM
Well, I see you all kept the Jones light on while I was basking in sunny South America! Hey boodoo... imagine an all-you-can-eat steakhouse with absolutely the best beef as well as carpaccio for $3 per person? And beers there 600ml longneck glass bottles for 60¢!!!

OK, back to Jones. Wow, one of their employees Tanya got on and then probably got told not to write any specifics regarding Ron's comments. That was actually a smart move on whoever was coaching her. If you look at past and present Jonsie comments, they always end up proving everyone else right and embarrassing themselves further.

Since I've gotten back I haven't seen a single bottle of Jones in L.A. but I do believe it's still available here and there. Probably it got buried behind the Snapple at Haralambos for a few weeks and the battery on the homing device went out so they had to wait til there was a surge on Snapple sales to uncover the location of the Jones stock; then reeducate the sales staff as to what it is and perhaps give them some spiffs so they'd mention it to someone somewhere once again.

As for Secret Agent #86's comments, I'm sure Jones fired Ron because either they couldn't afford to pay him or they perhaps couldn't contain his differences of opinion any further. When Ron was temporarily brainwashed by Jones, look how he stood by that company despite all odds? He was perhaps the most passionate employee they ever had. As for our buying Jones one time, I believe it may be redundant to mention but oh well.... Peter Van Stolk came to our warehouse and sold it to us personally and promised us that he would give us an exclusive contract and told us that his Canadian lawyers were drawing up the particulars; then he probably on that same afternoon went over to RJ Scroux and sold them Jones (and for a cheaper price). By the time we were aware of this occurrence our check had already cleared (we actually pay people in a timely manner). Then 2 1/2 years later we finally unloaded our last case of Jones Grape and were through with that garbage once and for all. It was one of the slowest-selling and least re-ordered lines we ever took on in history, perhaps only second to VRÜIT [a word to the wise]. I can say that if Jones hadn't approached us in the first place, probably my opinion on their company would have been otherwise limited to how bad I thought their flavors were. Their bad attitude and all of the evil things they have done to dozens of people who I've met, coupled with their infantile ramblings on the BevBoard against all of us have caused us to have the opinions that we have.

From all that I hear, it seems like Jones has been retreating slowly but surely to Seattle. Are they even in Canada anymore? Where will Piccolo Pete go after Jones? Will he become a game show host? :D

SURGE
03-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey Danny to answer your question yes there are still in Canada. Thats where the local Jones comes from. But its kinda hard to find. Alot of the new age type places that carried it have gone bellyup. Only the supermarkets and a few newage type still sell it 'round here.

-Avery

ichiro
03-11-2002, 12:33 AM
too funny smelly...all the evil things they have done to people... too funny...way too funny..get over it...life is too short...

sodasommelier
03-12-2002, 12:51 AM
Avery, what part of Canada is it made in? My nephew is visiting from Toronto and hasn't seen it there recently.

Glad we're still able to entertain ichiro.
tongue.gif

SURGE
03-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Hmm well Danny I hope you know that to answer your question I bought a bottle of Jones :D I'm just messing with you, I had a Green Apple in the recycling bin and it says: A Product of Ontario Canada. So they must have to truck it atleast 300 miles if not more. Quite a ways! It seems that places are charging more for Jones now. Up untill a bout a month ago it was 99¢ so I bought green apple sometimes. But now its up to 1.79¢ at some places. Sorry but I'm not gonna pay that for 12 oz.

-Avery

long beach marines
03-12-2002, 08:30 PM
why dont you guys give it up already. life is too short you hate jones big deal. i know one thing the more you talk about jones it makes people wonder at least their name is out there. give it up

sodasommelier
03-13-2002, 02:08 AM
Hey Avery.. is that 1.79 American or Canadian? :D

What have we done? Have we made Jones the most popular subject on the BevNet? That's like a garbage barge on the cover of a boating magazine!

boodoo
03-23-2002, 01:23 PM
Come on all you "haters and bashers", there must be something new we can say about jones! What will we do now that it is fading into insignificance?

sodasommelier
03-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Maybe lay a wreath made from a hula hoop on the tombstone... :D

Ron Swedelson
03-31-2002, 02:20 PM
I am posting here, because I like this post better than the "7 reasons I pulled from my @ss on why Jones will succeed", besides, I want to be the one to take the chair from Peackitty. Ichiro says to get a life, yet he still responds. He says Jones will never go under, yet they have never made a dollar. Does anyone else here love how all the, "bashers" as the Jonsers would call us, give reasons why we think Jones will not be around for too long. Yet, the Jones soda damage control cheerleaders all claim Jones will be around, but have no reasons why. Its always, we will be around cause you suck SS. Or we will have the best year ever cause you can't spell good Ron. Boodoo, your waisting your time responding here you nipple-head, Jones will be around. If the defenders of the brand can't even come up with a resons why they will stay alive, how are the rest of us supposed to believe that they will?

SURGE
03-31-2002, 04:49 PM
Yeah Ron your right. If this was a school debate the "Bashers" would be up about 10-1 on the "Cheerleaders". Come on Jones lovers give us some reasons to believe you!!! You have had no numbers or proof so far. Come on people Jones must have some good numbers somewhere, geez. Ron, Danny, and Boodoo have given us some good proof and you guys have just given opinnion and fluff do some research before you come back and start defending Jones again."Jones will be around cuz it rulez" isnt exaclty inspiring numbers.

-Avery

sodasommelier
03-31-2002, 08:05 PM
Oh, no Avery... it's not 'opinion and fluff' that the Jonsies give; it's lies, lies, all lies! Right? According to their folks, opinions are lies. In any case, if they know what's really going on and they're writing that Jones will succeed, then that's more of a 'lie' than an opinion; don't you agree?

boodoo
04-01-2002, 10:18 AM
Score Card as of 4-1-02

Brand - Status
Nantucket Nectars - Cadbury
Mad River - Coke
SoBe - Pepsi
Odwalla - Coke
Jones - toilet

[ 04-01-2002, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: boodoo ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-01-2002, 08:55 PM
coke bought odwalla?
hey everyone, when's coke gonna buy jones?

SURGE
04-01-2002, 09:26 PM
lol good one Boodoo, I don't think Coke is after Jones. They arnt really a leader in their sector. Which brings me to a question, how exactly do you categorize Jones? Misc?

-Avery

sodasommelier
04-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Don't waste a second trying to categorize Jones. Based on what boodoo said, I recommend calling a plumber right away or something might start smelling really bad!!! Don't run with da little guy to the outhouse just yet! :D

Ron Swedelson
04-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Name a catagory, Jones has tried to make a different sku for every catagory. Jones says they are great cause they have so many different flavors, but who can argue, that if you have a great brand, you don't need numerous flavors. Red Bull, one flavor, dominant in their field. Jones has Whoop Ass Cola (Canada) Whoop Ass Energy (USA) and Energy, and Energy Shots. Sobe has numerous skus, cause they all keep taking off, Stweards has muli-flavors, as does Boylans and so forth. But thats their gimick, and they stay with Soda or Juice, what ever the company may be. Jones, you don't need to have a soda, a juice, an energy drink, a pill, a concentate, a self milking cow, and a lack of busines moral. But hey, I guess thats why this post is so long and Jones has yet to say anything to defend themselfs.

drpepper1028
04-05-2002, 12:18 AM
Was shopping at Kroger here in Atlanta today and there it was - an endcap of Jones products touted as new product

Ron Swedelson
04-05-2002, 01:17 AM
Was shopping at Longs a few weeks ago in Orange County, and there it was, an end cap of Jones Energy, all on clearence.

sodasommelier
04-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Yeah, ready for clearance, Clarence? Hahahahaha! Yeah, they tout Jones as a new product anywhere they think they can find an unaware consumer or better yet... investor. Each time they exhume Jones it smells worse and worse. Hey... maybe that's why they call me 'smelly'; maybe they're in the process of exhuming when they post (oops, wrong tense... maybe when they used to post they were in the process of exhuming at that time back then). :D

SURGE
04-06-2002, 04:01 PM
The most increadibly funny thing happend to me today. As I was cleaning my fridge I found a bottle of Jones Green Apple. When I opened it and looked under the cap at the "fortune" it read as follows: "You should be able to make money and hold onto it"!!! Ist that jsut great coming from a company who can't make a penny and most definatly can't hold onto it. I figured somebody like Danny might want this bottle cap so I'l send it to somebody if they want it. I wonder if Peter has a whole jar of these that he rubs everyday he comes into the office for good luck :D

-Avery

boodoo
04-06-2002, 06:25 PM
It is sad to think that he may actually believe he is right and everyone else is wrong. Perhaps spending time talking to pictures of himself hanging in the office hallways saying, "Oh why, oh why, don't they understand our genius?".

sodasommelier
04-07-2002, 03:10 AM
Oh, man Avery!!! It's amazing how these bizarre ironic odds & ends seem to follow Jones around! Even though I don't collect aluminum screw tops I might be tempted to hold on to that one to put in some sort of beverage dustbin display case!

I don't know... perhaps soon Piccolo Pete should sell off the last of his stock while it's still worth enough to buy some Rogaine and a Groucho disguise! :D

Ron Swedelson
04-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Ahhh, stock is trading at .46 cents today. Wow, what a great deal. Didn't a Ichiro or some Joneser say, "Our stock is blowing up since Ron sold off, watch our stock go." I am watching it go, straight down the tube. I bet Orbitz has a better stock price than Jones, even with it being out of busines for some years. Thoes little floating blobs probably are worth more than a Jones stock. Have fun Jones, you guys have done a great Job, 5/6 years in the busines, still can't make a dime....GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! My vote for Mr. Van Smoke as CEO of the YEAR!!!

sodasommelier
04-09-2002, 12:02 AM
You know, Ron... what's interesting is that just for fun I've been speaking about Jones in the past tense when I meet people interested in buying soda. People will ask if all longneck sodas are good, and I tell them stuff like "did you ever see that drink that used to come in long neck bottles and had changing pictures and a gummy product inside?"

Many people say "Oh yeah... what happened to that stuff?" It's like they don't realize that it still exists. I always tell them that it's being distributed by a massive company with a 100,000 sqft warehouse and usually they say it must be being distributed here and there inside that warehouse because they haven't seen any in months.

Maybe the declining stock price has something to do with people not sure whether or not the company still exists.

Also on CNN they were talking about the stock market and how some companies are violently against payments in stock options not being recorded as expenses until they're cashed in... sound familiar? :D

Ron Swedelson
04-12-2002, 05:27 PM
WOW, 44 cent stock today, good job once again. Correct me if I am wrong, but did the jonsies say that their stock was now booming? That they had massive things going on that was going to make the brand exploid? I guess it was exploding like a 5 year olds piggy bank...you know...pennies for everyone. On a second note, I saw Jones Sodas web site....WOW FREE STICKERS...I guess since you guys probably don't have as many distributors as you used to, you have extra POS to get rid of.

spanker
04-12-2002, 06:22 PM
redface.gif :rolleyes: redface.gif :rolleyes: redface.gif :rolleyes: redface.gif :rolleyes:

sodasommelier
04-13-2002, 11:57 AM
I guess they're preparing for August... Still 4 long months away...

At least by then the fog in Seattle may lift a bit and perhaps it won't be so bad to be living on a park bench

SURGE
04-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Ron about those stickers and pins Jones has been "temporarily out" of them for almost 2 years now. I would be suprised if they ever actually send them.

-Avery

shawn2
04-13-2002, 09:19 PM
They gave us one pin 3 years ago and 5 stickers!

sodasommelier
04-13-2002, 10:53 PM
You know, the Soviets used to give out pins...

Hey do they ask for $$ for the pins & stickers? Then it's no surprise that they'd be touting them even if they're 'out of stock'. Perhaps this is their last ditch effort to drum up enough bucks to make a bottling run of that gummy stuff one last time.

Is this thing really up to 8 pages? Man, you could almost publish this thing! What would be the title? Keeping Down With The Jones's? :D :D :D

Ron Swedelson
04-14-2002, 05:26 PM
When I worked for Jones, I couldnt even get any pins...not to say Jones is doing this, but a lesson for all. If you don't make money in a busines, then you don't have money to pay your suppliers, then you can't get any more POS. Not that Jones is doing that, cause I don't want to spread any lies, but you all know my point here.

sodasommelier
04-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Liar, liar, pants on fire! Soon, PVS is going to sig Dewey, Cheetham, and Howe on you, bad boy! Shame shame shame!!!

I don't know about you, but I'm almost going to miss Jones once it's gone! After all, what's the circus without clowns! :D

shawn2
04-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Oh, oh Ron you are now tied with Peace Kitty--- Who will put you over the top??!!

Shawn

SURGE
04-16-2002, 04:22 PM
MEEE!!!

lol sorry I couldn't help it! :D

-Avery

Ron Swedelson
04-16-2002, 08:47 PM
I'd like to thank the Jones Soda Company for helping me get one of the highest traffic posts, here on the bevnet. Without their lack of leadership, and terrible busines dealings, my posts would not be possible. I do hope that I pass peacekitty, but not because I have anything against him, just that Jones is a much worse company and I want people to know that. Thank you for all your time and computer use to get me to were I am today.

SURGE
04-16-2002, 08:54 PM
Ron ever considered political office? You got the stuff :D

-Avery

sodasommelier
04-17-2002, 12:17 AM
Forget about politics! I think we should all be movie stars! I bought a pair of sunglasses on Portobello Road in London a few years back for 5 pounds; put those on with a slick black suit and we're ready for the Oscars! Wait! What's the title of the film? The Rise And Fall Of The Jones Reich? I know that Peter Van Stolk could not assume the role of General Buchhalter!

Hey, Herr Swedelson... Du hast den Baron Von Stolk kaputtgemacht! Ausgezeichnet! Du bekommst eine Eins!

SURGE
04-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Das Boot baby! Sorry thats the extent of my non-spanish foregn langueges. Still it looks like Jones is going under faster than a Das Boot ;)

-Avery

sodasommelier
04-18-2002, 03:26 AM
Yeah, we better send PVS a care package of limes so he doesn't get scurvy on das Boot!

ichiro
04-18-2002, 02:36 PM
never seen a few people with a raging hard on for a company...you think your so cute and smart when in reality your very pathetic..poor jones treated you so bad...blahblahblah...get over it ron...your diaper has a load in it and it needs to be changed...jones will or will not make it regardless of your hate for them...if you and smelly are so brilliant, you 2 should start your own soda co. since you know everything about sales service and products...i'm sure there is lots of venture capital out there waiting for the ron and smelly soda co.

drpep
04-18-2002, 04:19 PM
:D

NuGrapeman
04-19-2002, 02:26 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

Ron Swedelson
04-20-2002, 04:05 AM
It takes more than great leadership and knowledge, it takes a great product to succeed. To bad Jones only has the great product part, even that is leaving now with their 40 some-odd different skus. Scale back to 8 or 9 skus, and bring back the 20 oz. plastic, you can make money and get the brand in more stores. But since Jones is doing so great, I will give my little Jones store. Well, I just got back from Las Vegas today. New York New York is one of the first places I found Jones back in the day. Obviously it was no were to be found. Monte Carlo used to sell Jones, once again, no Jones Soda to be found. The liquor store accross the street from the Hard Rock Cafe, nice Jones Cooler, to bad it was filled with water. And right on the Las Vegas strip, a very busy liquor store next door to the Belagio Hotel. You can clearly see a Jones Soda cooler from the street. So I went inside...HAHAHAHA...4 flavors of Jones, checking the date, they have been there for a while, and the other 4 shelfs in the cooler, were filled with thoes cartoon character Belly-Washers you see in 7-11...Man, you Jonesers have realy got some great control on your side. Way to go on letting the whole sales force go...and you still havent made any money...do you people wonder why we bash on this company now?

sodasommelier
04-21-2002, 01:15 AM
Yeah, just got back from Santa Cruz and saw a 4pack of Jones on an otherwise empty shelf. I recommended that the shopkeeper call C&A and put BAWLS there; that Jones isn't likely to come back (and even if it does, why buy it anyway). The manager told me that Jones 4pk had been delivered months ago and was the last of it.

Here in LA there is a place here and there that has Jones; wonder how long that will last. Since Bottoms Up went Belly Up, I'd estimate that 70-80% of their placements no longer have Jones.

Yeah, we should make up a "Ron & Smelly" label just for fun; when I've saved up a bunch of superfluous dollars I might just do that. Thanks for the idea ichiro!

boodoo
04-21-2002, 09:28 AM
Hey SS and Ron,

Re-read itchy's last post.

Do you think that maybe he was trying to send ya'll a message that he is willing to help fund that new beverage? It kind of sounds like an offer to me!

That's it, itchy is just being coy!

sodasommelier
04-21-2002, 12:15 PM
Good point; who would better be aware of venture capital out there to fund pointless/worthless products?!

Ron Swedelson
04-23-2002, 01:26 AM
300, what a great number. You got to wonder if Jones is that popular, or if the most visited site is a combination of Jones hatred. I think it is a little of both, but you got to love it. Just like you have to love how Jones stock went up 4 cents today, to climb to .49 cents. I also love how I can't find Jones out here anymore. Jones went with Pierson Brothers who only service 1/3 of the Bay Area. C&A then gave Jones the boot, and along with them, Albertsons is going too. Since Piersons don't service the chains, Jones will once again be kicked out of Albertsons. Between C&A and Coors West (who also dumped Jones) there are now 120 Albertsons what are not serviced anymore. What a great company these guys are.

sodasommelier
04-24-2002, 01:44 AM
OK Ron... It's KARAOKE time...

---It's Joe Albertson's supermarket but the soda department is mine!!---

Sing along... hmmm... perhaps the lack of Jones gives some space for something which is actually good. Hmmm, what could that be? Could it be Bawls????? Go get 'em Ron! And may the force be with you!!!

Ron Swedelson
04-26-2002, 07:50 PM
Here is another great story from the Jones Cronicles. They got a one-man team selling Jones Soda for them in Santa Clara County (San Jose area of California) He can not sell any of the Teas and Juices because they told him "We are looking for a bigger distributor in your area to sell our products." He asked to sell Jones in the Peninsula Area (Just south of San Francisco) and they told him no, they were using another dist. in that area. Even though that dist. barely even touches that area, and when they sold Jones 4 years ago, they stiffed the company for over $100,000. I hate Jones cause the product is something that could have taken off, and been bought by coke or cadbury or someone last year, or next year for $80-$100 million dollars. But the company sucks, makes bad choice after bad choice and thats why they have not made any money yet and probably never will.

sodasommelier
04-27-2002, 01:13 AM
They may not make money but you've got to give them credit for being able to make money disappear! Oops... be careful giving credit to people like that! :D smile.gif ;)

boilermaker
04-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Hey, if somebody wanted to give me several million dollars, I could make it dissappear any way they wanted :D

sodasommelier
05-01-2002, 01:41 AM
Yeah but if you'd squander it on soda, at least buy Cool Mountain instead of Jones!!! :D :D

Ron Swedelson
05-06-2002, 08:58 PM
All I am saying is Im glad I sold my stock when I did, todays price of 44 cents is not that good, and it might have more room to fall. Here is a question for the Who else hate The Jones Company. Does the chains hate Jones, you know, with Albertsons and Longs giving Jones the boot. Or does their Distributors hate Jones since they won't service the Longs or Albertsons or any chains, resulting in them getting kicked out?

sodasommelier
05-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Distributors? Are there any Jones Distributors left??

You know, there's something rather ironic... I may actually save one of the Jones Screw Tops and here's why. One of my customers saves me all of their bottle caps because I'm into collecting bottle caps as everyone knows (I even have crown Jones caps). Well, low and behold there was a screw top (which I don't collect) in the batch this week and the screw top was from Jones. I looked inside and it had a message something like "This year will bring good fortune to you". Now that's quite ironic coming from Jones. I mean, this year has been really fine for me and I would venture to guess that it isn't shaping out so well for Jones. Wow, that gives a whole new meaning to MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE, now doesn't it?

OK, now I'm feeling kind of like the goof-off kid who used to think the vice principal was some sort of big scary character and now I just happened to see him limping on by with his cane, all shriveled and wizened and aged 4 years in wood. It's like you stand there with your jaw open and just don't know what to say or think.

You know, there is a good thing that comes from our whole experience with these folks. It's kind of like the good vs. evil thing and it reinforces your beliefs that perseverence and setting and following a good example can pay off in the long run.

The beverage industry has a few levels where all of this gets played out. The Coke/Pepsi/Cadbury level is kind of like the massive, unstoppable locomotive that rushes through town and rams everything in its tracks. It just keeps going til someone invents cars and then they just rust away and have their tracks ultimately paved over. Once you get past the dueling stepvan distributors you get those folks that have something going; have more knowledge but less infrastructure than the fat beer distributor. That's kind of the area where Jones messed around with folks and complicated the market. But now that they're basically out of the picture, it'll be interesting to see how that segment develops. I think that that is the segment that will save the world from beverage degeneration and I think that we will all be aware of what's happening there within the next two years. Your opinion, Ron?

Anyway, folks... don't assume the BevBoard will get boring. There are other folks doing dastardly deeds out there; not all of them are quite as grandiose as Jones due to lack of investors but they're out there and you never know when they'll raise their ugly heads!

Of course, if those adversaries stay out of the game you'll see an increasing amount of quality delicious beverages in glass bottles appearing everywhere and you'll happily enjoy the satisfaction of partaking of something that was once threatened to sink to the level of the styrofoam coffee cup!!!

SURGE
05-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Hey Danny email me at avery_lund@hotmail.com and give me your addy so i can send u that one Jones cap "You should be able to make money and hold on to it" A must have for any Jones hater ;)

-Avery

Ron Swedelson
05-08-2002, 08:49 PM
How could Jones let a bottle cap go out that says that? I guess they don't practice what they preach. I did see that Jones came out with a BananaBerry Juice drink. That might be good, but Im not going to try it. I would be very disopointed if I liked it, knowing that Jones would probably not be around for my second purchase. They also brought back Grape, but are calling it MF Grape. What is that...Mother F'in Grape, My Friend Grape, They should have named it MFC Grape. My Failing Company Grape. Come on Jones, how many times can you re-name the same drink. Why do you think Mistic is a joke in the beverag community. They constantly repack their drink, and come up with new names. The only reason I like Jones around still is the fact that they make me laugh. Hey, how were your first quarter numbers? Any good or more proof that SS and I are right about Jones shutting down. What happend to your East Bay Distirbutor? Of the last 120 stores I hit, only 3 of them had Jones. When I used to service them, 110 of them had Jones. Something is wrong with that.

instant karma
05-08-2002, 10:32 PM
Ron,

You're not kidding. Jones has all but dried up here in the East Bay. I understand a sausage company is selling it now - the perfect match for a company led by a wiener. Pearsons really do a job with those subs. What facings are left will soon be taken by another company...hmmm...who could that be???

Jones is officially out of Albertsons - those darn holes in your network will do you in every time! What's that? Coors West and C & A dropped Jones after unethical meddling and false promises? Jones wouldn't do that - no way. Never mind that 1st Q sales were off 24% vs 2001. Peter will call that a 'negative increase'. Did Jones fail on the East Coast? No - they're 'focusing on core markets'. Did Jones lay off / fire most of the workforce? Of course not - Peter is 'minimizing sales and marketing expenditures through use of Junior level personnel'.

Read through the bull**** people!! Jones - the beverage industry is "letting you go". You see we're "going in a different direction". It's called "quality and integrity". Two things that are as foreign to Peter as his Canadian birth certificate.

The vultures with their 20oz plastic bottles are circling - waiting to feast on the Jones brand equity and join Crush, Sunkist, et al in beverage hell. The scrap value will be minimal. The large bottlers know better than the investors, distributors, and employees you bilked and stepped on to arrive at your current predicament. A special place awaits Jones in beverage hell.

Like the song says:

sodasommelier
05-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Ouch! I guess I'm pretty tame for a Leo! Yeah, August...

Yeah, Avery... I'll send you that info! Thanks! I never thought I'd be hanging around trying to get some Jones screw tops, but those seem like that DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN! newspaper -- a must have! Perhaps if they can drum up enough money to develop more film they'll have a "Man bites Dog" picture label.

Yeah, that "Beverage Hell" must be a real trip; I hear that when you want to give your cold to Contac you get an expired bottle of Orbitz!

I must say, Canada has produced some really good waters and beers but their beverage innovation in the last 2 decades really sucks! Of course that is just an opinion; the Canadian beverage innovations could in fact be secretly good.

Oh and Ron... shame on you; I heard there were four places in the East Bay... as they used to say under the RC caps in the '70's, "Keep Looking"! :D

Ron Swedelson
05-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Hey, 44 cent stock is looking pretty good. I guess the investors must hate you guys too. I don't have you as much, its kind of hard to hate a company when you can't find any of their product in the area you live.

sodasommelier
05-11-2002, 02:01 AM
Ron, you mean you couldn't locate the fourth place that has Jones in the East Bay? Doesn't the Jones site have a "retailer locator" or something like that? Of course, I'm sure they can't afford to pay anyone to update it anymore; either that or they leave the names of ex-sellers so that it still appears to the unaware that they are all over the place.

The stock is down further? It all reminds me of that space in "The Game Of Life" by Milton Bradley in which it says "You Lost That Deal! Pay $100,000!" Of course the Canadian version is probably something like "You Lost That Deal / Vous Avez Perdu Cela; Pay/Payez $100,000". Or in Canadian dollars it's probably like $140,000. Funny how the board game invented in Canada is called "Trivial Pursuit". That's kind of like the whole concept behind Jones, 'eh'?

Ron Swedelson
05-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Oh sure they have a locator page, but it is all false. They said they are in Safeway....no way, never were...they say Albertsons still, nope...given the boot...they say 7-11 Hayward, not there either...all gone...costco..nope...all lies, just like when they say that Jones is not a troubled company.

sodasommelier
05-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey Ron... maybe Piccolo Pete will climb out of the bunker soon and say "Smiles everybody, smiles; welcome to Fantasy Island"!!!

sodasommelier
05-15-2002, 01:58 AM
Or not... Oops... I just forgot that Tattoo committed suicide a few years ago. Well, it's sure interesting to watch this all happen step by step. It's really much more fascinating than the telenovelas (soap operas) of Brazil.

By the way, I heard today from a French guy that French people think Jones is still an expanding company with hundreds of distributors... who translates the news into French? Most of the investors of Jones are probably making comments which would be followed by "Pardon my French" but imagine people in France taking Jones seriously, in 2002! And especially only 3 months before August (and we all know what's going to happen before then). Wow! Incredible, n'est-ce pas? Pete knows that; he's from a country where French is one of the official languages.

shawn2
05-18-2002, 11:37 PM
SS:
Was in COlumbus, Ohio the other day.. Remember I told you I was just contacted by a distributor from there who said they just picked up Jones and wanted $17.95 a case (ha) Well, I went in a store and there it was an end cap top to bottom with Jones Juice--- counted 24 cases--- problem was it was Big Lots and it was .49 a bottle!! But hey, Ron-- it's a nickle better than a share of stock!! tongue.gif

sodasommelier
05-19-2002, 03:19 AM
Wow! End caps! Wow, it must be really, really popular! Wow! What a deal! Probably this "Big Lots" place must really believe in the concept of Jones; willing to forego all of the profit they could make just to get Jones out there, 'eh'?

So hey, Shawn... was anyone showing up to buy it???

I think it's kind of sad how that's happening in May; after all it's not even supposed to happen by August, according to all of those folks who are so busy selling Jones now they don't even have any spare time to czech out this board and put in their two cents. Oops... that implies they still have two cents to their name which is expendable on this forum!

Well, anyway... I'm sure all of the Jones shareholder (I'll leave out the 's') are happy to see that Jones Jooce has end caps somewhere. It must be due to the Sobe and Mad River sellouts; everyone wants Jones Jooce just like the Jonesies always said. Wow I sure have pie in my face!!!

Android
05-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Well, anyway... I'm sure all of the Jones shareholder (I'll leave out the 's') are happy to see that Jones Jooce has end caps somewhere I don't know... if I was the, uhh, "shareholder", and found that Big Lots had an end aisle display I'd be pretty depressed (as if I wouldn't be depressed already...) as Big Lots is one of those places where warehouse overstocks,discontinued items, and near-to-expiration items get liquidated. (not to mention they are a big seller of "clone" items, knock-offs of brand names) Actually, that sounds like a good home for Jones.. ha!

All kidding aside, I do stop in Big Lots a couple of times a month, sometimes you can find some really good deals there. I bought a lot of those tasty Stewarts Creamy Draft Colas there a couple of years ago - both in 12 ounce 6-packs and those barrel-shaped 16 ounce glass singles - wish I'd saved some for posterity. (their stores in this region were called either Pic N Save or MacFrugals back then) I have yet to see any Jones being distributed through them though...

andy

sodasommelier
05-20-2002, 02:46 AM
Well, out here in SoCal they're still called Pic N Save. Usually when one of the Jones distributors goes bankrupt the product ends up there (I recall 4 bottles for a dollar). Also it was a better deal at the 99¢ Store when it was 4 bottles for 99¢ (I didn't buy any because I still felt it was a tad expensive at that price). However, I think Haralambos (local beer dist) hasn't dropped it yet so it's still not there in SoCal. But it's no surprise it's making it to the counterparts in other parts of the country.

I guess the question here is that if there are any shareholders left and they flock to Big Lots and buy up a bunch of Jones and resell it somewhere, will this help or hurt the brand? I mean, is the hype based on quantity shipped, quantity produced, quantity sold for profit (?) or what? I've never been able to make any logic out of what I've seen Jones do, even in their "?!?HeyDay?!?"!

By the way, are people actually buying it in Big Lot or is it destined to sit there for a big lot of time??? Maybe the Smart & Finals here in L.A. could make a deal with Big Lots and save some bucks; here's a good idea...

Android
05-20-2002, 12:46 PM
Hey, it looks like we cracked Page 9 for Jones Hate Mail!

I see, they must not have renamed your Pic N Save's yet. They have like 4 or 5 names for the exact same stores across the country, and last winter they renamed the ones here in Wyoming and Colorado to Big Lots, and I heard that ALL of their stores nationwide were changing too... I guess it's not happened just yet.

Usually, if it's cheap, it sells there, so perhaps thats the best way to get rid of Jones... hehe... Good point about distributors coming in and buying it out for re-re-resale. ;)

I doubt I'll see any Jones in the Big Lots around here, I've never seen it in ANY kind of store around here. Unless the Jones people unload a huge amount of their stuff on Big Lots, that is. The Stewarts I bought a couple years back had Denver on the bottles, I think.

andy

sodasommelier
05-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I don't know if Wyoming would be a good place for Jones at all. Just imagine Yogi Bear grabbing a Jones from a picnic basket; he'd be vomiting all over Jellystone Park! It would make Theodore Roosevelt roll over in his grave; his jaw on Mount Rushmore would drop and cause an avalanche!

Yeah, 9 pages... I think we all owe an apology to Peacekitty; I am going to drink a cane sugar Dublin Dr Pepper just to make it fair.

Oh yeah... Big Lots does have a store in Hayward (near Oakland, CA); I got some Jurassic Park Cheez-It crackers there for 99¢ to eat on my way back down from the Fancy Food Show in January! Down here in L.A. it's still Pic N Save. Also there was a Canned Foods Warehouse, also called "Salvage" in some areas; don't know what happened to that; perhaps that's what was called MacFrugal's.

boodoo
05-23-2002, 07:10 AM
Is it just me or is there less and less to say about jones these days? I can't even remember the last time I saw any jones.

sodasommelier
05-23-2002, 08:34 AM
boodoo... It's everywhere; obviously, you just aren't looking in the right places. :D

boodoo
05-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Silly me. What was I thinking!

Ron Swedelson
08-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Anyone have any good stories...for or against this company. Just like to keep things curret.

BottleBoss
08-28-2002, 03:46 PM
I heard that the ORTHO poison and pesticide company bought all of the old Jones back stock and has rebottled it as "Ortho Grass and Weed Killer". On the back label it sais: "Warning! Not for human consumption, seek medical attention if ingested." That's just what I heard though.
'
'
P.S. I don't Hate Jones, I just don't like the taste of the soda.

[ 08-28-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

sphincter
08-28-2002, 06:46 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sodasommelier
08-29-2002, 01:01 AM
Yeah well when PVS goes to visit Dear Olde Dad in Edmonton or whatever, I hear he lies down on an ORTHO mattress to ramble on about all of his troubles... :D

SURGE
08-30-2002, 12:23 AM
Is that before or after he ran away from the collections agents?

sodasommelier
08-30-2002, 01:25 AM
Hmmmm... don't know but it sure would be interesting to see if any fool "ran with da little guy"!!!! ...Idiots!

SURGE
08-30-2002, 02:05 PM
The more i hear about this the more i wanna "run OVER da little guy" :D

-Avery

sodasommelier
08-31-2002, 01:32 AM
Yeah Avery but take off your license plates first! Remember their fixation with lawyers!! Even with those 10,000 lakes you can't be too careful!!! :D

Kentuckyjones
08-31-2002, 10:15 PM
Jones is the best product on the soft drink market today. Great taste, unique labeling and has a real connection to its customers. Most soft drinks are just a water replacement but Jones is a treat. You can't drink one with out smiling.
I am sorry for people who get hurt when there are changes in distributors but that is just they want things are in this world. You roll the dice and take your chances.

sodasommelier
08-31-2002, 11:33 PM
And the chances you get with Jones are called SNAKE EYES...

Ron Swedelson
09-01-2002, 08:30 PM
That person must be knew to the company. I can relate, but as long as they see the light at the end of the tunnel, and then run for it.

sodasommelier
09-02-2002, 12:36 PM
So Ron... here we are in September and is there any Jones around anymore? Are they in hiding? Just a few remnants? Probably it'll be kinda like after WWII occasionally Japanese soldiers would be found still thinking the war was going on...

steveu
09-02-2002, 02:14 PM
There's plenty in Bama, that's for sure. I see it everywhere.

SURGE
09-02-2002, 04:11 PM
This pains me to say but it looks like the Jones guys are making a big push here again. Maybe its a new dist? Anyways I saw a truck and alot of sales people. hmmmmmm.
Ya know when i think about it Jones coulda been such a cool company if they had only done a few things diffrently. If they had respect for people like Ron who helped build their brand. I think they give small drink companies a bad name.

Ron Swedelson
09-02-2002, 07:26 PM
I will admit...Jones Soda is an awsome Concept...WhoopAss is kinda cool...but more novelty than anything..Jones Juice is a pretty good idea, but by far not a sobe replacment, and Energy just sucks...same with the Whoop Ass Energy Shots...
Jones could have been an awsome brand if it were run properly, and stuck with dist., or at least gave them fair chances to keep up with sales. I understand needed new dist. when your old dist. is maxed out, or just can't handle the load. Unfortunatly, it is too late to fix Jones...people familiar with the brand don't hold much respect or any for them. And people familiar with the company can't believe they still have any bridges left. To bad Jones..scale back down to Jones Juice and Jones Soda, and maybe keep WhoopAss...concentrate on thoes 3 skus...concentrate on what needs changes to be profitable, and don't have upper management take huge bonuses when the brand is unprofitable.

sodasommelier
09-03-2002, 02:33 AM
Hey, Ron... the concept came from somewhere else; you know that. And you of all people should know that that doublespeak about 'bigger distributors' needed for 'maxxed out' or 'inadequate' distributors is just code for using someone as a stepping stone and then kicking them aside; this is what Jones does across the board.

A reputable and ethical company gives each distributor substantial compensation if they use the distributor and then move on to another when the reason is other than nonpayment or discontinuance. All other forms of switching around are usually inappropriate and unethical. This is why Jones is so hated (other than that their products taste like $h!t).

As you know from personal experience, a distributor's livelihood is earned by selling the various beverage in his entourage. Any time a decent-selling beverage is removed for any reason and then handed to a competitor who takes away the distributor's expected income and further invades the accounts that the distributor himself opened... that causes the kind of anger and disgust that so many touched by Jones feel today. Jones isn't the only one who has done this; perhaps they're hated so much because their advertising portrays them as being 'cool' and concerned with the 'little guy' when their real actions have been to squeeze labor out of whoever they can and leave bankruptcy and despair in their tracks. The only problem is that they've burned so many bridges that if they backtrack they'll only drown in their own excrement. And they totally deserve what they've created for themselves; I'm sure you wholeheartedly agree!

BottleBoss
09-03-2002, 06:03 PM
I get the impression that the little guy that you were supposed to run with was them! Not vice versa. (Or in other words, you should support them, but that doesn't meen they will stand by you!)

[ 09-05-2002, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

sodasommelier
09-05-2002, 02:00 AM
Whatever the impression you get, if you deal with them directly, you'll end up in the same boat as the rest of us... waiting for their demise as a payback for their evil and diabolical ways.

I hear there's a guy in the SF Bay Area that takes digital pictures of his hand removing Jones and replacing it with over stuff on the shelf. It would be great to see these pictures!!!

BottleBoss
09-05-2002, 09:03 AM
I don't know too much about them as a company, just that I don't like the flavor of the drinks. Someone fill me in on why they are so hated as a company.

sodasommelier
09-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Someone fill you in???? How about 9 pages of testimony!!!!

Anyway, I agree with your opinion that their flavors don't taste good! smile.gif

energyman07
09-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Hey Ron !!! Great News!! A new product just came across my desk and all of you better jump on it in a hurry!! A new energy drink called "SumPoosie" you can go to their site www.sumpoosie.com (http://www.sumpoosie.com) the stuff looks great and taste even better. I took a few bottles (12oz.) to my customers and the bottles became collectors items because every bottle has a "Poosie" girl on it. This one is going to be a high flyer!!!!

boilermaker
09-09-2002, 11:48 AM
:eek: Found Jones at Central Market in Fort Worth. CM is a new upscale concept by HEB. CM carries lots of great sodas I've only heard about here (including Mexican Coke/Sprite), and one bad one.

sodasommelier
09-10-2002, 12:54 AM
Probably they join the ranks of those who wrongly assume that anything in a glass bottle is automatically good. Most things are, but there are some 'imposters'; the most obvious being Jones. But they're imploding every day a bit more; doubt that they'll even exist soon.

Ron Swedelson
10-17-2002, 08:17 PM
Reason # .195

Oh wait, thats not a reason, that was the closeing stock price. Ouch...

Energydude
10-17-2002, 10:26 PM
I hate to see a small guy go out of business but if they conducted themselves the way you said they did Ron... it's hard to feel too bad. What I want to know from you Ron is if you sell Bawls how about SumPoosie!!! :D

sodasommelier
10-18-2002, 12:53 AM
That's not a "small guy going out of business". It's a jerk getting what he deserves after doing so much damage. Any company who will use a genuine 'little guy' to place their product only to attract the attention of a beer distributor with all of the trucks/salesmen deserves to have it backfire on them and deserves the costs and embarrassment that comes with that. If someone can look at what Jones did and not learn from that, then well... they deserve it more than Jones did. The reason Jones deserved it without having a 'previous Jones' to serve as an example is because that sort of business practice is abusive, unethical, and repulsive.

Your SumPoosie product seems like it will be interesting and perhaps a good seller. What will be the ultimate test is if you allow those who help you to grow enjoy the fruits of their labor and share your success. If you do that you will build a strong foundation and have continuous support.

The next product to do the big splash and probably disappear (much faster than Jones) will most likely be The Switch. I personally have no qualms with them because they didn't use me or my affiliates to attract a bigger distributor. But they seem to have that mentality that they have to take the world by storm and I just don't see them managing to do it. I don't know how they treat their distributors, but it seems like they will be expecting much more out of them than they will ever receive. Whether they blame their failure on their distributors or on their misinterpretation of their own market share leaves to be seen but I suspect they are going down.

I think I am going to call the Jones method of abusing small distributors and burning bridges as "Jonesing". In surfing, "Jonesing" is not paying attention and getting knocked off your board. I think Jonesing is what describes best that unethical and ignorant mentality and I think that now that Jones has shown us how not to do it, those who do should pay the price.

Mr.Surge
10-18-2002, 09:58 AM
FWIW- I tried a Jones soda the other day. It was strawberry lime I think. It blew. One of the two or three worst drinks I've ever had in my life. It was dry, bitter and almost gritty tasting. Horrible horrible crap. It was so bad, I returned to the C-store to tell the store owner to use the shelf space for something better.

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-25-2002, 02:57 AM
just bringing this back up. do we not have any more reasons to hate the jonesers?

sodasommelier
12-25-2002, 09:07 PM
I haven't dealt with the Jonesies for quite some time. Here in Los Angeles the brand is virtually gone but once in a blue moon I see some bottles of it somewhere; don't know if they are new or old. As for more reasons to hate the Jones company, could there be any more than there already are? Gosh, I'd think that once they've burned so many bridges and imploded so much that there isn't a whole lot left for them to do that's different than what they've done thusfar to generate any new forms of hate. Jones is kind of like a TV show that has no more ratings but for whatever reason has not yet been cancelled.

I think there is some value to looking back at Jones' history on this board because there are so many companies out there that are destined to have the same fate that Jones had lest they pay attention to what Jones did to people and not repeat the same horrors at the expense of their own brand and reputation.

SURGE
12-25-2002, 11:14 PM
As a rep. of Jones (JK) I want to extend my deepest apoligize to Ron and Danny and all the real "little" guys who we have scammed and screwed and whose labor and hard work and true caring we have benefited from. We also would like to ask forgivness from our customers for the deception we have given to them as to what a "little guy" really is.

Ok on a serious note I do feel sorry for those hard working guys out there like Ron and Danny who really are REAL little guys who worked so hard to make that whole dumb term "little guy" mean something special. Then Jones came in, a company that is far from being a real little guy and just stole it. Its kinda like if Coke decided to call themselves a little guy. Its just pathetic, hell its almost stealing and in the end it makes the public not trust the REAL little guys. So to all you little guys out there, lets toast out Bawls and be merry this holiday season!

Ron Swedelson
01-25-2003, 01:43 PM
I want to complain about the fact that Jones is almost no were to be found were I live. When I helped run a distribution house, we had Jones about everywere. Now, of the 900 accounts we had, I think only about 125 of them carry Jones. Man all my hard work, gone down the Canadian sewer. I will give them a little credit, in my recent trip to Seattle to work with one of my distributors, I actully found Jones in a good number of accounts. Just think, if they did as good everywere as they did in Seattle, they might know what it is like to make money.

bigbottom
01-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Well Ron here in the Windy city Jones has found another distributor to take a chance. Upon bumping into a rep from that sucker I mean distributor. He asked me why it isnt turning and only growing moss on the shelf.It has been and gone more times than I have fingers on both hands and equally with as many distributors. It is obvious to me and most of the stores that got it forced in on them that it will be gone just as quick. Just like a bad movie with no substance not to memerable and the merchandise was made in Taiwain.

sodasommelier
01-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Here in L.A. it is virtually gone. It must be gone in most places because last week at the Fancy Food Show a bunch of people seeing our Wall Of Absolute Beverage Decadence asked me where the Jones was and I told them that everything we sell has to meet certain standards and Jones failed in product quality as well as company integrity and for these reasons this awful line of products is not among what we offer. In fact there is probably still a fringe of folks who would buy it because they saw it somewhere once and didn't get around to trying it out before their local distributor went bankrupt, but all of these sales would be one-time sales and would most likely damage our prospects at ever selling them anything which is, in fact, good. As for Seattle I can say that perhaps the sales of Jones there are mostly by accident; it's so foggy that people can't see what they're reaching for on the shelf. But of course if they can't even sell where their headquarters are then they're finished for sure. So among their acquaintances and investors they have probably a small market of devotees which will be the last part to dry up as their demise overcomes them.

drpep
01-26-2003, 08:37 PM
All I can say about Jones is a Jones cooler showed up last week at a local gas station,replacing the lottery ticket machine that used to hold down the spot for years.

Mr.Surge
01-27-2003, 01:59 PM
No Jones anymore out here in East Texas. I did see some in San Antonio though. Just because it got good reviews, I tried the Jones Cream Soda. Can you say "SUGAR WATER"? I knew that you could. What a lousy taste.

Orangeman
03-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Saw a big Jones semi barreling down the 5 Freeway past Magic Mountain the other day. I assumed that it must be delivering product to some lucky (?) retailer, but I haven't seen much on shelves.
Maybe it was on the way to the border and the bottles now sit on a shelf at Mercado de Tijuana?

Ron Swedelson
03-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Unless things have changed, Jones uses an outside trucking company, and they would not be logoed with Jones. It might have been the local distributors truck since Jones will give their art work away. But I do agree with you on not seeing Jones many places. But, in the places I have, they are almost all out of date.

Shatter
03-05-2003, 12:30 AM
Last month I got gas in a Texaco, where they had some Jones flavors. I had been thinking earlier that day about bubble gum flavored sodas like the old Bubble Yum (Or was it Hubba Bubba? I can't remember, it's been so long) soda, so I bought a Jones Blue Bubble Gum soda. Ugh. It tasted like it was years out of date (which it probably was, let's face it). I guess it serves me right.

ichiro
03-05-2003, 03:23 AM
I had a jones grape the other day and it was great. they are doing well in the northwest. Hate to bum you 3 out. Anyway,wish you all a healthy and wonderful 2003...ichiro

OnPremise
03-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Unbelievable.. this thread is 3 years long.

Ron Swedelson
03-07-2003, 11:40 AM
I'll give Ichiro that one, the grape is pretty good, I was mad when they disc. that flavor. But bringing it back and calling it M.F. grape (my favorite), they should have just called it My Failing Company grape. Ichi, if they concentrate on the North West, they may be able to stay around, of course they would have to attain an overall staff of about 5. Well, I guess I don't post on here as much because Jones is not really even around in my area. But hey, doesnt that make us all happier?!?!

Ron Swedelson
03-07-2003, 12:25 PM
I guess the stocks hate Jones Soda Company. Their 4th qt. and Y-end numbers were relased. Their revenue droped about $5,000,000 over 2001, and they lost over $1,000,000 last year. The thing that surprises me most, is Peter gave pretty much the same speach he has given every quarter and the last few years. Jones is shaping it self up for next year. Jones has cut this cost and that one. We are excited about this brand and that one. Well, at worse case, Jones can only be around another few years, pretty soon its stock probably won't be worth anything.

sodasommelier
03-08-2003, 10:10 AM
Too bad we didn't know about Ichiro's lust for Jones Grape (obviously he has never had Crush, Nehi, Grapette, Frostie, Cool Mountain, Bee Gee, Thomas Kemper, or any other better grape soda before). The thing is, when they suckered us into 4 pallets of Jones in 1997 it sold so poorly that the last flavor in stock was Jones Grape and the final case of that junk finally was bought in June 2000. As for out of date, it was probably out of date when they sold it in the first place. But for what it's worth I think it tastes just as bad three years down the road as when it's fresh off the line. The formula is a gummy gooey taste and perhaps it's a blessing in disguise that age can't make it any worse (perhaps nothing can make Jones worse than it is when it's created). The best thing to do is not to manufacture Jones at all. Perhaps a humanitarian move would be to divide up whatever assets are left in the company and distribute them to the stockholders so that the stockholders can buy real estate or something at least tangible before they start wallpapering their walls with the stock certificates. Hey Ron I'll bet you got rid of yours when you did, "eh" ?

Gosh, if you folks hadn't brought up this subject again, i.e. exhumed the brand I would have continued basically forgetting that it had ever existed!!

fusion
03-08-2003, 09:22 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how this company still exists. Who keeps investing money in it? It's never made a profit, and probably never will.

Shatter
03-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Jones keeps existing by selling poor quality products, but New York Seltzer went out of business selling high quality drinks? The universe is random and perverse.

At least (for now) I have my Pepsi Blue. It's like NY Seltzer's Cola & Berry has been returned to us. Unfortunately, it was doomed the moment I said out loud that I liked it. It's just my life. The sodas I like get discontinued, the TV shows I like are cancelled, the magazines I read cease production, etc. Just something i've had to get used to.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-09-2003, 02:49 PM
shatter, i liked "sportsnight"....sigh.

jones, to your delight, does in fact have two new skus: lemon drop soda and fruit punch soda. the yellow looks nice amidst all of their red sodas (so why add another one?) but it sucks taste wise, it's like a poor carbonated country time.

fruit punch soda is like a poor carbonated hawaiian punch.

why can't jones give up the ghost on red colored/coloured sodas? also, despite what ichiro thinks, m.f. grape is horrible. their old grape soda was awful, and just because they made the color more friendly to blacklights and ravers (they probably drop ghb in their prospective-investors drinks and play some oakenfold to make them heave their guts and cash) their grape soda still sucks. also, they have been pushing rootbeer instead of vanilla cola.

i live in one of those areas where jones mandates that a small amount of their flavors be distributed, not the whole line. stupid is as stupid does. they'd be wise to bring back bugjuice/lemon line, vanilla cola, a raspberry soda/cola and redistribute their diet flavors again.

you can't win when you resrict what your distributor sells and have limited product availability...

wait, coke does that with cce...

i guess you can't win when you're jones.

Ron Swedelson
03-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Ill bet you just about anything that Jones is not mandating that only a few flavors be sold. That is the distributors choice. It comes from 1 of 2 things, they have a bigger soda distributor who would be in violation of their own products by carying competing brands, or they know better than to carry all 20+ skus. Yeah, they did add 2 more flavors, but they disc. a few of them also. Well, all these investors hope Jones will go somewere one day, but I don't know how they could still hang on to it. Many people have their opinions about the company or the brand. I think the company sucks in the way they do busines. But I think the sodas are actually something good. But, they have been doomed because the way the company does business. So oh well, its nice to know that I made money this last year, too bad Jones can't say the same.

sodasommelier
03-09-2003, 06:53 PM
First of all, I have always thought that Jones was a pretty bad line of sodas. Sometimes a company being bad can make their products seem bad as well; after all, who wants to support a bad company when there are so many great beverages out there to be had. However, in the case of Jones, both the soda and the company are BAD.

ichiro
03-09-2003, 09:04 PM
that's your opinion smelly, just as shatter says he likes pepsi blue. Personally, I think if saddam manufactured pepsi blue, it would be more dangerous to the world than his anthrax and mustard gas supplies. Talk about crappy tasting. But thats just my opinion. Though Ron has his problems with the company, I at least respect his opinions cause he is honest in the fact he is not afraid to admit he likes some of their sodas. I believe smelly on the other hand, would never admit he liked a flavor of theirs even if he did.

Ps. pepsi blue makes great antifreeze....ichiro

sodasommelier
03-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Well I have to admit that liking Pepsi Blue is a bizarre concept. I don't know if it's worse than Saddam's bag of tricks but I can surely say that it is taste and appearancewise sinister in nature all the same. And likewise the world would be better off without it. And even in fact to give a plug to Jones I can say that Pepsi Blue is even worse than the blue Jones drink. As for your fear of the wrath of Saddam you are lucky that you are Canadian and can hide behind the maple leaf in a land where Chicken McNuggets are called Poulet McCroquettes and Trail Mix is called Mélange Du Promenade but you still run the risk of being subject to exposure to Pepsi Blue.

But back to Jones I can honestly say after drinking about a dozen different flavors that they were all gummy and very artificial in nature and not representative of anything I'd be tempted to go out and buy. And I felt this way about the flavours way before I ever even knew all of the dirt about the company...

Ron Swedelson
03-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Jones Energy has come out in a 16 oz can. Great to see that Jones is being an inovator and spending the money that they can't make wisley. Lets see, if I can't make any money, and never have, what shoul I do with what ever capitol I might have left. I know, spend it on producing yet another failing brand. God you guys are great.

sodasommelier
03-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Was that a Freudian slip? I think the only person concerned with doing something with 'whatever CAPITOL left' must be Olde Bag Dad himself. But yeah, whatever... Jones seems to still be surviving from whatever fat is left from all of the sorry investors who have long since lost most of what they put into it. It's kind of like that earwig that gets stepped on & chopped up but still manages to limp along just a bit more...

bigbottom
03-22-2003, 12:19 PM
16oz can is code word for Dollar store energy drink! Make a note of it. It will be there soon.

Extra!!! Extra!!! This just in Jones now 33% more for the real low,low price of !@#$%&.

Now to you Ron and Danny!

sodasommelier
03-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Anyone who would expend an entire dollar on a 16oz aluminum Jones is surely an idiot!

Energydude
03-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Ron... do us all a favor and get spell check! :D

Ron Swedelson
03-24-2003, 12:53 AM
if my spelling hasn't changed in over 500 posts, its not going to change now. And unfortunatly, I am not going to cut and paste it into MSWord to spell check it, then paste it back here. Sorry, guess the world will have to deal with it.

sodasommelier
03-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Wait, isn't it "Spell Czech"?

Hey I just saw another place that sells Jones; it was a decrepit old Longs Drugs Store. I suppose if you're there getting your Gold Bond Medicated Cream and some expired pretzels you may need a Jones to wash that down...

Gee Jones goes for the high class accounts, don't they? !

Ron Swedelson
03-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Well, normaly I wouldnt disagree with Danny on Jones topics. But Longs is a pretty good chain. They still do a lot of busines with me with BAWLS. But to keep this on the topic. I am in Wyoming and every store I am going into that has Jones, it is all out of date. They even have Pineapple Upside down soda, which was discontinued almost 2 years ago. They even have Jones Juice in their original packages, and their black tea still had Jones Label #1 on it. Man, that Jones stuff is really something great huh?

sodasommelier
03-26-2003, 02:26 AM
OK Ron... then here's the plan... You come to L.A. and you get me into all of the Longs Stores with BAWLS. Then we can put them one notch [ or a few notches ] higher up on the scale. I invite this trend and if Longs goes for it it'll make them a better class establishment then they are today!

vox
06-04-2003, 02:50 AM
Ok…. I’m new here. I have spent the past few hours reading this thread. It was kind of fun, in that trashy summer novel sort of way, but the ending left me hanging. So, although I will probably regret this later, (can of worms and all that…) I’ve got a few questions about the general plot.
Do you guys hate this Peter fellow on a personal level or only as competitors, rivals, disgruntled employees, etc.? Do you burn him in effigy? Wish divorce upon him? (Assuming he’s married) Perform odd, nude ceremonies where you beseech the Gods to smite him? :D It seems as if you are all lacing up your best shoes in anticipation of dancing on the grave of his company, and that you are gleefully kicking someone when they are down. Personal or business? Some combination of the two? Just need to know so that all of my hours of reading can be left with that satisfying feeling of closure. :confused:

Ron Swedelson
06-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I don't hate Peter personaly, because I never considered him more than a boss. Although I wish him no success with Jones. I don't view him as a competitor because now I am with a different company that sells a different product. I don't like that every quarter when Jones stocks did not seem to perfrom like he thinks they should have, he gives the same speech. I don't like that they are a company that burnes dist. left and right. I was fired by Jones, but for the reason of them not either having a back bone to tell me they were not going to contiune with the van squad program (which would have been fine with me). But they either couldnt tell the truth or they have their accounting all @$$-backwards. They told me I gave away to much product (35%) and only sold about $45,000 in prouct over the previous 11 months of service and I did not pay for my self. When in reality (and invoices and spread sheets were sent into Jones to prove it) I only gave away 11% of product (which was under a Jones program buy 7 get 1 free) and I sold $115,000 after discounts. I don't like that there was a small dist. I knew close to were I lived, and they were selling more Jones Soda than anyone else in CA. So what did Jones do? They pluged in another dist. in the same area to battle with them. I could go on and on, but I have work today. Others have many stores. It will all surround Peter being 2 faced. Jones burning bridges and never doing what they say they will.

vox
06-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Ron,
Many thanks for the clarification. In no way do I wish to make light of what has happened to you or to anyone else, but this does make for a fun, scandalous read. ;) Can I impose a little more by asking another question or two? It seems to be impossible to tell which postings may come from Peter....Do you know his identity on here?
Thanks,
VOX

Ron Swedelson
06-05-2003, 12:05 AM
Well, on page 1, Peter posts under his real name. I later think that little guy is Peter too, but I can not be sure. This is about the time when Peter stoped using his name for legal reasons, because Jones tried to threaten me with a law suit over this site. Later, Peter had Wendy (his assistant) post on here, but as sweet a girl as Wendy is, she got shot down on here too because all things seemed to be true and she had nothing to say in responce to everybody. I used to think Ichiro was Peter as well, but I do not think that any more. It is hard to tell now since there has not been much to add here. Not because Jones changed their ways, but because it is still the same thing, loosing money, burning bridges, and getting more and more enemies out there.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-08-2003, 11:46 AM
glad this post is still going.

shatter - new york seltzer...thanks for reminding me of something from my childhood that i miss, like my virginity. i think there was a raspberry cooler or something? i don't remember. if you remember all the flavors or have graphics, even to see it again would be wonderful. I miss soho soda's too. did any corporate make ny seltzer or were they independent? i'd love to resurrect that brand some day, it was awesome.

jones is still selling in michigan - faygo's branching out and putting out more flavors. plus that deal with panera's nice. criminy, they won't give up. i don't understand how they keep losing money, and i'd love to throw some canadian money jokes in there but the exchange rate is down from 1.58 to 1.31 on the dollar.

i can't wait till jones is out in 20oz PET or 12oz cans. i remember when i saw clearly canadian in cans a few years ago (back in the blue bottle era) and that was a shocker.

maybe they should get a deal with home depot or lowe's and put pictures of tool's on the label.

i'll let someone else finish that joke.

Ron Swedelson
06-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Jones had 20 oz. plastic about 5 years ago. I thought it took away from the image and took away from the taste. Now I guess they leave the image part to the company to ruin.

sodasommelier
06-09-2003, 01:33 AM
Jones is kind of like that bad guy in all of the films that gets blown up but still manages to survive somehow, no matter how much tattered; gets up and tries to wreak havoc on innocent victims until finally, finally... the hero does it in. Well this is a long film apparently! :D

illusionh20
06-10-2003, 02:09 PM
It took a business failure for me to realise somethings.

1. Develop your own brands ie. licensing etc.
2. Distribute others people products to cover your business expenses.
3. Do not put all your eggs in the one basket.
4. Find a chicken that will sit on your eggs.
5. That chicken is the one that has the passion, the love for his job.
6. Business is about profits, profits allow you to apply your passion and love.
7. It is better to lay a quails egg than an emu's!
8. Do not bite the hand that provides the chicken feed.
9. DO NOT REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKES
10. Play Dead when the eagle flies over.

I am glad to see that Jones has become valuable course material for the beverage industry, you should never judge a book by its cover, It ceases to amaze me that the American Beverage Industry spends billions of dollars on the same mistakes, knowledge is power and I thank every person who has contributed to this Jones test case. smile.gif

sodasommelier
06-25-2003, 09:59 AM
Yes there is alot to be learned by Jones' errors; that is the main reason all of us 'rant' here. But you are right about the industry; they copy each other even to their detriment. Much like at an air show if the lead guy screws up and crashes all of the other planes crash too...

Ron Swedelson
06-25-2003, 05:24 PM
I am currently in Alaska this week working with a new dist. While visiting a local chain store, I noticed a full size Jones cooler. I walked over to see if it was full of crap, and much to my surprise, it was being usefull. All they had in there was different sizes of water, and thoes little Maclains type Bug Juice drinks. At least they were trying their best to turn junk into something usefull.

bigbottom
06-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Well now the RJ Groux is back in the game Peter may want to seek some professional help in the matter. O master scroux how can I change my evil ways? Please tell me I will do anything.

He's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sodasommelier
06-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Yes, those two are Thing One and Thing Two. Wow, Ron is in Alaska? Well you are right; good use for a Jones cooler smile.gif

By the way why would anyone need a cooler in Alaska anyway ??

ichiro
07-01-2003, 02:48 AM
gee Ron, shoulda bought some more of this stock in the low 20's. Now at 88, coulda made a fortune. oh well, its only money..your bevnet hero, ichiro

Ron Swedelson
07-01-2003, 12:01 PM
I noticed that, it has been up this high before, and crashed back down. Stocks are not my thing. Unless some how Jones finds a way to stop loosing all their money, their stock price will never go up or stay up much. $20 Million in sales is awsome, but $21 million in expenses takes away all the glamor. Also, it is still a gain, but kind of sad that the Jones stock has only increased a total of 14 cents since their stock was first avalible back in 2000.

ichiro
07-01-2003, 11:40 PM
I hear ya ron, but I think anyone in the market would take that return since the yr 2000 was the start of the sinking of many stock prices. Anyway , just wanting to help you live on a big yacht somewhere in the carribean sucking down a cold bev living the high life. ichee...

Ron Swedelson
07-02-2003, 10:43 AM
WOW, 400 posts...Is this still the #1 sight, or is that Dr. Pepper site have more responces than mine. Anyway, yeah I get your point Ichi. Shoot, in June of 2001 I wanted to sell my stocks when it jumped to 93 cents, but held on to it. Considering that I bought in at 73 cents and at 45 cents, it would have been a lot better than selling at 27 cents. Oh well, I will only kick my own @ss if it jumps up a few dollars.

ichiro
07-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Just wanted to wissh everyone a safe and happy 4th. We live in a great country where we can discuss sodas and not get thrown in torture camps. Remember to keep all your fingers by throwing those firecrackers not holding them otherwise it will be difficult to hold your favorite bevs with only a stump!...cheers ichiro

sodasommelier
07-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Hey Ron be careful; they may be luring you back in!! smile.gif

Well that was good advice from Ichiro anyway!!

I think everyone should try Unknown Dred Road Rage Red! It even has a picture on the label so I hope that's not a deterrent!!!

boilermaker
07-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ichiro:
We live in a great country where we can discuss sodas and not get thrown in torture camps. Of course, they probably serve Jones in those torture camps...

Ron Swedelson
07-08-2003, 12:16 PM
It will be like a concentration camp. Just like in Farewell to Manzinar,the Japanese were mad that the food they were served was made to look like their custom food, but was way to syrupy and tasted nothing like they were used to. Serving Jones would basicaly do the same to the rest of us.

ichiro
07-09-2003, 01:21 PM
no Ron, I think your thinking of pepsi blue...ichi

Ron Swedelson
07-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Pepsi Blue is not really used for concentration camps. More like lethal injections

ichiro
07-10-2003, 12:48 PM
lol...ichi

sodasommelier
07-17-2003, 02:10 AM
Well for what it's worth at least many of the Japanese lived to tell about the camps and even seek reparations! Maybe as for Pepsi Blue, instead of injecting it you could rename it Pepsi Glue and get some folks to buy it so they can sniff it. That would really boost sales.

Hey Ron you should demand your name be removed from those pathetic Jones 4pks. Either that or they should read: This is who we were !

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-20-2003, 10:07 AM
they're even putting your name on the new ones like orange cream, lemon drop, berry lemonade and cherry soda (i know it's old but it's still just newer in 4pk form).

sodasommelier
07-26-2003, 12:08 AM
I guess if they wanted to use current employees the list would look too sparse...

KanKing
08-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Is this Jones stuff making a comeback? I have started seeing it around again.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-21-2003, 08:51 PM
hey ss, was pepsi poo ever in glass?

smile.gif

bigbottom
08-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Does anyone remember the story of the tortoise and the hare. Well, this is exactly what comes to mind everytime I read or see something about Jones soda. They have the minds of a pea. Why? There latest sensation worthy enough for a press release is diet soda? Hmmm I seem to remember them having a diet line and it got DC ed from the rainbow push line up.

Peter has stopped the tour circuit why because everyone has already tried one of his products with the trinket label and is now looking for the real stuff. Peter immolates Jones or Jones immolates Peter in this case once you see it that's enough. Wheres the exit!

Now how can you build a brand with only one sale per customer? Are we selling cars here?

One last note Peter remind me of the dog that chases his own tail eventually he gets tired and lays down in the corner because the show is over folks. Close the curtain and call it a day.

The investors have run dry and now so will the consumers. hail hail rock in roll.

Are you Thirsty?

Ron Swedelson
08-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Well said. Jones had a line of Naturals that did not sell well at all and was DC'ed. Then they came up with Slim Jones (Diet), I think they had Cream Soda, Orange, Fu Fu Berry and about 5 other flavors. Thoes got DC'ed. Jones comming out with Diet with a new name is just the same thing Jones always does. If anyone has time to waste, go check out Jones last 4, or 8, or 15 quarter number releases. Peter always has the same quote in all of them. I give them credit for finaly posting a profit, but at years end, I don't think it will hold. Their stock rose as high as $1.10 with is an all time high, but has since droped down to .88 Cents, and will probably contiune to fall as the quarter rolls on.

ichiro
08-24-2003, 02:30 AM
guys, you can bad mouth all you want. The fact of the matter is things are moving forward with jones. I understand this makes some of you unhappy, but its ok , within a not to distant time, you will all understand...ichiro

bigbottom
08-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Please let us in on your crystal ball Itchy.

KanKing
08-25-2003, 06:44 PM
I am no Big fan of Jones soda because I think it tastes bad. But I will say this. At least I can find the stuff at the store. Where is the Cool Mountain? Whats up with this BigBottom? Where do we find it at? I know a little guy with a vendo machine restoration business in Charlestown, WV that used to stock a little of it. But you have to have better availability than that. At least Jones is all over the place! (Like a bad rash)

KingBev
08-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Thats Right--Gues who's back???????????? King Bev, ruler of all retards and dorks like Big Bottom and sodasommelellierrrer. U b-yauches are still here?? Still have gripes over a soda company that kids love? I know Rockford Files must be on somewhere?? U sorry ass tools. Weird that Jones comes out with Sugar Free and the stocks gains 25%. U all will be left in the dust soon. I will check back to see largebuns' reaction cause I know she missed me. Dorks. Get outside would ya????

bigbottom
08-25-2003, 11:18 PM
King Bev I am so glad to see your little painted face around here. It adds so much love to our sour but dismal life here in the jungle. You wouldn't last 5 sec's on the street they would have your a$% as a drive up window so everyone can have a piece.

You have no life my friend other than the one we give you and if you don't like that then I would be happy to arrange a formal setting so you don't feel out of place with your poor little pathetic self.

You should try masturbation It truly may enlighten you and like red bull give you wings and someone youer own size to pick on.

Unless Jones has something so spectacular in the next 90 days a sleeping Giant will awaken with the right product and about 10 million dollars to wipe my ass with Jones printed 50 dollar label bills. Because that's all the trinkets will be worth by the first quater of 2004. This you can take to the bank or my name isn't John Wayne Gacy yeah that's you clown.

Feel the heat watch it burn until the flame dies out and the Jones longer than 15 minutes of flame is gone. Still this empty category is such a delight alone. Be aware clown boy be very aware. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KingBev
08-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Wow boys. Think I upset her. She must have not gotten her KFC bucket today and is a little cranky.
A sleeping giant with $10 million? Sure, how easy it would be to have a cash cow and blow into a market dropping $$$ everywhere like P-Diddy but its says alot more to make a impact with no $$ and just on sweet factor alone. You are fat. Go home. :eek:
Luv U long time-Drive thru

Ron Swedelson
08-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Frank, the Jones stocks dropped after the anouncemnt. Before the announcment of Diet, Jones actually did climb a good amount because they finaly showed that they made a little money after 7 years, but then investors wisely sold off much of their stock because they knew the stock would not hold its price. It has since droped over 10 cents to date, with a flucuation as low as .88 cent stock. There is obviously a problem when you get all excited over your stock reaching the $1 point. With Jones Sodas overall sales, stocks should be up in the $10-$15 range, but bad decitions have kepts the profits way down, and 1 quarter does not make up for 27 bad ones. Now help me out here, isnt Diet the same thing as Jones Slim? Which did not do good. Which was a new take on Jones Natural? Which did not do good. After Jones Diet fails, will they come back out with Jones reduced calorie. Then Jones Zero Sugar, then Jones with out the sugar soda? Hey, I think Jones has a good little gimick going, but I think they lost the steam they needed about 3 years ago. Could have been a great company, now to many people know about the way they do busines.

KingBev
08-28-2003, 01:04 PM
This is not RV Frank. And as I might add, one good quarter does build up steam and momentum and it normally takes any company 5 years to generate profit and work out the kinks. But I am not on here to talk bev industry talk. I come here to see what nerds sit in front of the computer all day whining about someone elses company. Dont U think 4 years of crying makes U a bit unstable. Go outside and get some fres hair please? Please Ronnie, please........ :eek:

bigbottom
08-28-2003, 10:46 PM
King Dick the smell of your crack is nauseating maybe you should use some of the powder cream you have for your face for the pimples on your a**.

You talk like a man with a tissue paper a**.

Now lets have a toast to King bev with some mighty tasty pimp juice don't feel bad this is how we break in all the new girls.

Kapich, Kapich:D tongue.gif

Ron Swedelson
08-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Well, my name is Ron, but if you use my nickname, it is Ronny, no IE. Anyway, if you are on here responding, doesnt that make you one of "the nerds?" You guys had a decent quarter last year, and then went on to loose another few million. There is no comeback as to how the company is viewed by many people, on this board or not. They have burned many bridges. You love Jones, and that is ok. I think the product (while I don't like the taste of 90% of them) does have a good gimick to it, I just dont think Jones can pull it out unless they sell and start fresh.

bigbottom
08-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Thye will never sell cause no one will ever pay enough for the greedy bastards.

sodasommelier
08-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Well I always wonder about those companies who have tons of loss and then this one 'good month' or 'good quarter' followed by tons of loss again. Sounds like someone decided to cash more checks one quarter than another; paid some bills before or after the deadline or whatever.

The true value is to examine the whole history from day one. By doing this people can see (and it's not a pretty sight) what they be - a'gettin'!

KingBev
09-02-2003, 02:43 AM
U are all Little :eek: little :eek: girls :eek:

Ron Swedelson
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
I guess that is why you are trying to talk to us.

sodasommelier
09-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Good one Ron!!

By the way I've noticed Jones fading away; this time very quietly. Could it be that they're finally runnning out of gas???

drpep
09-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Was'nt Jones supposed to run out of gas in August of 02 :confused: :confused:

KingBev
09-08-2003, 12:37 AM
Ronnie Ronnie Ronnie- are U and Sodasommilielieier still butt buddies? I thought U two would have split up by now. Maybe you two and fat bottom cottage cheese thighs can take the gay beverage sector to a whole new level. I'm thinking "Manhole Tea"?? or "Rear Juice"?? :eek:
I love U girls..Really, I do. :eek:

Ron Swedelson
09-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Thats funny, cause we are not the ones selling FuFu Berry, or came up with the idea for Billy Pop for the gay pride parade. But that ok, keep surpresing your anger.

SURGE
09-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by dr pepperman:
Was'nt Jones supposed to run out of gas in August of 02 :confused: :confused: They just had an extra tank but they are still goin under soon I think

ichiro
09-13-2003, 02:06 AM
hey ron, was that you who bought a truck load of shares on friday and put jones up to 1.32 a share on friday?...If so ,good move. This will seem like nothing down the road...jmho...icheeee

sodasommelier
09-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Oh, I get it... Jones is a company designed to sell stock and the soda is just a side venture...

KingBev
09-13-2003, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry. What were U poosies saying?
Now go eat some D*ck. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KingBev
09-14-2003, 12:36 AM
I meant duck :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ichiro
09-14-2003, 01:22 AM
gee soda, a companys stock goes up when there are more buyers than sellers. So yes, I like the product and invest in it like others obviously are. Obviously you got a big pile in your shorts cause it bothers the heck out of you that they are making things happen after all the negative crap you give them. Obviously your crystal ball has a crack in it per your predictions about them. They have good products which are getting recognized more and more each day.....you don't have to be a jones hater ...life is too short...viva le jones....icheeeeee

Ron Swedelson
09-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Ok Kingbev, great comeback. Ichi, no not me. I actually wish I had kept my stock from a few years ago. I would have only made like $3-400 on it, but it would be much better than loosing a few hundred. Anyway, Jones actualy made money this past quarter, but will need to do so in the next 18 concecutive quarters to even make up some of their looses. For Jones stock history, breaking the $1 mark is great for them, but way below expectaions. Peter expected Jones to be at the $13 mark by last year. So overall, much better than before, but well under were they want to be.

sodasommelier
09-21-2003, 01:25 PM
It is pretty amazing that Jones managed to pull itself out of where it was before, but of course time will tell as to their ultimate future. In my opinion, the Jones sodas are not really all that good. I've tasted a bunch of them and they taste to me very artificial and kind of gummy. Anyway, to each his own on that. My gripe with Jones is based upon their character. I had my own very minor situation with them and took offense at what they did. Most importantly, what they did was representative of a sinister nature within the management of the company and their attitude towards the people who they were using to build their brand. From my perspective they used people by painting a picture and then dumped them when the "little guy"'s hard work attracted the big beer guy in town. They've burned through alot of money and left behind alot of people to get where they are, and if that's OK with you then congratulations. Realistically there isn't anything wrong with a line of drinks like yours existing as an option for those who like drinks like that. In my opinion it's kind of like when you have one of those countries with an evil dictator that rules ruthlessly til his death and then his son takes over and keeps doing it til he dies and so forth. Sure they're in control and have power but are they good or bad?

Jones could probably have gotten where it is today and perhaps a whole lot further if they had been more appreciative of the people who got them there. I do not include myself in that because I basically did almost nothing with the brand. I'm basing this on what feedback I got from many former Jones distributors etc over the years.

Hey you know, you can still make money and be successful in this country (and Canada) if you are fair and decent to the people around you. I think if you read through all these posts you will see that most of the anger or whatever comes from the frustration with how people were dealt with by Jones; the drink itself once again is kind of an afterthought.

Ron Swedelson
12-24-2003, 03:57 PM
I found today on my computer that I never deleted my old stock portfolio. Just more proof that I should not dabble in stocks. First off, I bought into my mutual funds on the last day of the great stock market rush back in 2000. The very next day after my transaction went through, my stocks only dropped. It went from about $37 a share, to about $16 a share within a year. So after dropping about $1500 into, I sold the stocks off, and bought into Jones Soda company (since I was working for them at the time). I bought in at about .50-.75 cents per share. I put in more money so they were all bought at different rates. Well, about a year later, after jumping to .90 cents for an hour, they all dropped down to as low as .19 cents. That was when I decided to sell. Well, a few days later I was able to get a wopping .23 cents or so per share and got an overall $300 out of it give or take $20. Well, I look at it today, and Jones is actualy on the verge of having their first profitable year, after about 7 of the oposite. Well, if I sold today, I would have made $1800 over what I originaly paid, and a total value of $2500. Now, I can't beat my self up over this. There was no way I was going to watch my money just get sucked away for the next 2 years. And $2500, even though I would never turn that down, it wouldnt even pay off my credit card bill. I guess its like when you are at a store, thinking about buying a lottery ticket, and deciding against it. Then the next customer buys it and wins big. Can't get mad, just play the "what if" game.

ichiro
12-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Ron, you are right, you cannot second guess yourself or beat yourself up over wouda shouda's. In your case you did not hold enough shares to make a big impact for yourself. Saying that, it sure is sweet to see Jones being recognized by the investment community. They have a great thing going and as the institutions are finally waking up, those people who have held on are being rewarded. 2.50 a share as I speak. I believe there is much more room to run as the big days are still ahead. ... smile.gif smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
12-28-2003, 01:30 PM
I guess the market is holding for them in hopes of having their first profitable year. If they do, that is great for them, and I can understand the stock finaly showing a little promise. But there are still 2 ways to look at it. They may have a profitable year, which is great for them, but will it be a trend for them or a one time hit? Secondly, I would like to know how many years, or just how much in revenue they would need to bring in for them to become profitable overall. Not just for the year, but from Day 1 till now to wipe out all debts and down years?

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-28-2003, 07:35 PM
they've finally genericized there flavor portfolio, which'll help bring in more customers. i loved pineapple upside down soda and bug juice and raspberry watermelon, not to mention vanilla cola. too bad there cherry and berry lemonade are the only two they have going for themselves.

bigbottom
12-30-2003, 11:36 AM
What the hell happened to Whoop Ass it looks like another one bit the dust? Jones Jones Jones Jones! It's like the grubby handed, red(Bald in this case) headed kid that had to make a terrible noise to be seen or heard. Now there's a can of whoop ass for ya! ouch!

Maybe they can send the investors the left over POS and dies and plates and artwork and countless hours of marketing ingenuity, man power to get it on the shelves and the man power to get it off the the shelves for Christmas. All packed in you guessed it a can of whoop ass how inventive. What a great way to spend a mans dollar.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-28-2004, 11:15 AM
jones is really doing four pack specials in the big sotres, a local chain felpausch (whom i nevr though would carry this) has gotten tons of it in at 2/6 specials.

meijer has been ordering in pallets for the stores nearest the michigan state university campus. on the sign, it says "great as a mixer." they know the way to college kids hearts.

Ron Swedelson
02-04-2004, 12:31 AM
I read today that Jones is launching Chocolate Fudge Soda in a specialty chain in the Mid-West and East Coast. The turkey and gravey had a nitch to it, but if Jones is going to try and keep launching a specialty flavor each holiday, they will keep them selves as nothing more than a novelty company. Now they have not released their numbers and I do not know if they will finaly have a profitable year. But I think they need to concentrate on keeping their everyday flavors fresh and new and stop trying to get that quick buck.

Ron Swedelson
03-05-2004, 02:05 AM
I just thought I would give some credit were it may be due. Jones Soda actually had a profitable year. First time ever. I truley believe that if they were run better, they would have been profitable a few years ago. But hey, what are you going to do. Hope they stay profitable so they can finnaly be bought. Although, they have to hold on to employees. From what I hear they still keep turning them over. But I guess you have to actually be there to understand why.

ichiro
03-05-2004, 12:18 PM
yes Ron, they turned a profit this yr and if you have seen the 3 additions to their board of directors, you will see they are getting some highly skilled people. I think this company has gotten the traction they need to really get it going..by the way...someone needs to come up with a steroid drink which can be indorsed by majoe league baseball...have a picture of bb on the front...what do ya think?

Ron Swedelson
03-05-2004, 05:08 PM
come on Ichi, just cause Barry is monsterous and creams homeruns when he wants to, and his boy hood friend is responsible for selling all the steriods, does not mean BB is on the juice. Anyway, Jones needs to keep these people in the know on the board. The only problem there is that Peter still has to much controll over day to day operations. As I stated many many moons ago, Peter has a great mind, but to many wacky ideas to be in charge at the sales level. But as long as they stay profitable, then all is good in the Jones Cult. But from what I heard, Wet Seal is not doing good with Jones. I have heard the distributors have picked up the coolers already because there were no sales. So why Peter put that in his statement as to why they are successfuly, I don't know. Maybe in other parts of the US Wet Seal is still doing good. Now Jones has cleared hurdle #1. #2 should be 2 consecutive profitable years. #3 should be set a goal as to how much they need to earn in profits so they can actually show a profit line from year 1. If they lost 15 million (example, no fact in the number) Earning 400,000 in the year is great for the years numbers, but not company numbers. I guess time will tell.

turdferguson
03-06-2004, 08:32 AM
wet seal got a new president and he doesnt want any outside products in the stores, not due to lack of sales.....fyi...

Ron Swedelson
03-06-2004, 02:03 PM
May be very true. I do not deal with them. Only thing I know is a couple sales reps. who I work with said they never were able to get re-orders. But that is just in a few cities, not accross the board.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-09-2004, 08:04 AM
jones just launched their sugar frees as well as chocolate fudge soda here. looks interesting, i bought a bottle.

bigbottom
03-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Anyone can have great board members if they are willing to shell out the big bucks these guys are getting. I have been on the road now for months and every city I go I check in on Paneras. The amusing thing is no one ever is drinking a Jones soda? Please look for yourself and tell me something different.Maybe it is just me? As far as Cost Plus they have a lot of sodas not just Jones so don't toot your horn to loud your bound to break some glass. And while turkey and gravy was a great PR stunt people I have asked said, if this is an example of the kind of beverages they make then they can keep it. What does it say about there beverages? In the long run it will prove to be a negative to the consumption of the production and new drinkers. Further more it is more important for Jones to show a profit due to their tapped out 3 million line is due for renewal and if they want the bank to not call that line they better have a good story to tell so they may live another day.

The clock is ticking........

turdferguson
03-09-2004, 07:28 PM
shell out big bucks for board members???? ok, whatever you say bottom......

turdferguson
03-09-2004, 07:35 PM
checking paneras in EVERY city to see if people are drinking jones when you happen to be there???? how stupid is that.......i sell the products and have never seen anyone actually drinking it while ive been in the store, but gee since jones has increased panera beverage sales over 300%.....hmmmmmm

Ron Swedelson
03-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Turd, if you know sales are different, then who cares. There are 3 groups of people.
1) thoes who are Jones Fans
2) thoes who sell Jones/work for them
3) thoes who used to sell/work for them

Usually #3 never goes back to #1.

I won't comment on Pandera or what ever that chain is called. I have never seen them or heard of them. The reason that might work over these other mall shops, is that most distributors will not go and service and deliver a few cases to Wet Seal and Zumies and other shops that are in the mall. They just are not going to deal with it. Thats not just an opinion, thats from the mouths of different distributors that deal with the brand.

bigbottom
03-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Turd my boy. You should check your facts be for you spout off with the mouth my friend. As an example Scott Bedbury will not fly from his comfy nest in another part of the country just because he loves Jones soda so much. He may be a fan but a fan does not pay his bills so hence the mucho denero. It's a fact of life don't be so sad. And you as a distributor of the Jones brand should be appalled that you are not doing the deliveries to Panera since you are missing out on the hottest thing 300% Please............ Lets get real my friend. Panera had the number one selling Rootbeer for on premise in a glass bottle called IBC and since their departure there Rootbeer sales are now dead last. Why would I go into Paneras and look at these things? It's simple to authenticate what Jones prints on there stock reports as a beverage analyst and a share holder. It does not add up. It just fits with the Jones model from day one Bull **** laid on super heavy. Hang in there turd things will get better.
:confused:

turdferguson
03-11-2004, 09:00 PM
bottom.....i cant really respond to anything you last posted cuz you seem to know it all.....so, you tell me how much $$ jones is paying bedbury and the others......ive seen the panera numbers and jones is wiping the floor with what ibc used to sell....have you seen the actual numbers???? i have and thats all im saying......you keep thinking whatever you want, but im glad youre not my beverage analyst or consultant or whatever you said you are....

Ron Swedelson
03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Turd, I just want to know. Do you think these guys are working for Jones B.O.D. because they think the product is cool and fun, and has nothing to do with pay? Thats not to say they don't like the brand. But these guys who are leaving these big companies to come to Jones, I'd got to think they are gettting just a little bit of money.

ichiro
03-12-2004, 09:06 PM
actually i don't think their pay is that big. I believe they think jones has incredible potential and if they get stock options for say 2.50 and within a few yrs turn it into a 15 dollar stock,well figure it out. ...and bottom, like fergie says , check the bottom numbers, the company turned a profit for the yr,and by the way, they released a new product today...

bigbottom
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Two of Jones sodas listed in Starbucks today 3-16-04? Is this to replace Boylans? What the hell have the coffee conusors done burned off their taste buds? Pepsi is probably pissed as hell. All the work they have put into frapachino and now they are passed over for this crap. Pure **** in a bottle! Please pass the turkey and gravy someone.

ichiro
03-16-2004, 11:17 PM
hey bigass .i mean bigbottom. quite your whining. Starbucks has made a brilliant move. too bad for you, you whiner.

bigbottom
03-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Itchy is that a rash I feel or just your head up my big ass. Smile mother, Now whos your daddy!

ichiro
03-17-2004, 11:28 AM
must be a rash!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Ron Swedelson
03-17-2004, 11:33 AM
This obviously isnt nationwide with Starbucks. How many stores, or what region. I know Jones was talking with Starbucks about this about 5 years ago. If its something going for them, great, thats actually a high visable place that might sell well for them. This is the direction they need to go in, not the mall stores.

Happy Bunny
03-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
This obviously isnt nationwide with Starbucks. How many stores, or what region.According to the SEC 8-K form: "Effective mid March 2004, two flavors of Jones Soda, Root Beer and Sugar-Free Black Cherry, will be available in more than 3,900 Starbucks locations across the United States."

At the end of fiscal 2003, there were 3779 Company-Owned Starbucks locations and 1422 licensed stores (airports, Barnes & Noble, other kiosks)

This board seems to be full of people with agendas (pro-Jones & anti-Jones). I'm neither, I just like to keep the facts straight. :cool:

[ 03-17-2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Happy Bunny ]

Ron Swedelson
03-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I heard they were getting into Barnes and Noble. Is that the tie in with Starbucks? 2 with one stone? I just want to know which locations cause I have not seen them out here.

ichiro
03-17-2004, 09:20 PM
ron, they have been in b& n for some time. this starbucks deal is seperate.

bigbottom
03-18-2004, 11:05 AM
This is where the pay of Scott Bedburry paid off handsomely for Peter. Scott was the interim VP of marketing for Starbucks. Smart move and great way to utilize talent. Now lets watch the sales sky rocket. By the way where the hell was the rep for Boylans at when this was all happening?

Ron Swedelson
03-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Just saw the 2 flavors yesterday in a Starbucks here. Interested to see how they do.

KingBev
03-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Oh My God!!!!!!! U little bitches are STILL here complaining about how well this company is doing?Still? Seriously Ronnie and fat bottom, you all REALLY need to get a life. Seriously. I thought maybe after 6 months of not checking this complaint page, ya'll would have moved on by now. Isnt it apparent that Jones is here for good. Kind of like that coldsore on your lip fatbottom. Rockford Files is on today at 5 pm. That should give you al something to do-(for an hour).
Viva La Jones- you babies.
XOXO
:eek:

Ron Swedelson
03-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, I would have to ask then who the bigger looser is? Us, or the guy who still feels he has to check in on us? If we have no life, and you are interested in that, maybe you need some more hobbies.

KingBev
03-23-2004, 03:55 PM
I really dont think its me who needs more hobbies ronnie boy- if you scroll back through these pages, you have been crying now for 4 years..4 years my friend. 4 years of blah blah blah, boo hoo,blah blah blah. I should take stock in Kleenex cause after Jones grows to higher levels and sales increase, I predict a case of tissues a week for you. Thats a fact.
xo

Ron Swedelson
03-23-2004, 05:29 PM
I didnt say if you needed a hoby or not, maybe you should read my posts a little better. Also if you did that you would realize that most of my posts have either been questions about what is going on, or my opinion on the company. The brand is not something I have slammed in recent past. The company, well, more people on here tend to agree with me than disagree. Besides, Jones could sell $100 million next year and my life goes on. But you can keep comming on here and try to be apart of life, Ill give you that joy.

KingBev
03-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Thank you- I missed U.

Ron Swedelson
03-24-2004, 11:13 PM
anytime.

sodasommelier
03-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Hey Ron don't confuse "hobby" with "hoby"!!!!

Anyway Jones in Starbucks??? Well, whatever on that! I have never spent a cent in Starbucks, and I used to call them "McCoffee" until I went to Brazil and saw that McDonalds has there a chain of coffee shops called "McCafe"!!! Spoke too soon!

Come on Boylans is much better than Jones; everyone knows that. But when it come to Starbucks it's probably all product placement of one sort or another; here today gone tomorrow. From my perspective whoever gets their stuff there will probably lose more in the long run by alienating their distributors unless they have their distributors involved in the deal. Not much chance of Jones doing this unless their board of new directors learned from Jones' past mistakes.

Anyway, haven't been on the board for a while and had to see what was going on in the Complaints Gripes and Jones section smile.gif

ichiro
03-29-2004, 12:49 AM
hey soda, still whining about jones huh?...too funny, thought you said they would be out of biz what was that,a yr and a half ago?...boy were you smoking crack. they get in starbucks and you bitch. I do enjoy your posts on jones as you give me humor with your little rants.

turdferguson
03-29-2004, 02:45 PM
yea, boylans is much better than jones, thats why you see it ummmm nowhere.....what an idiot....

Happy Bunny
03-29-2004, 06:20 PM
A question for Ron -- Since this topic started 4 years ago, would you think there's any chance Jones has improved any since your initial rant?

That is to say, most of the people (save for Van Stolk) aren't the same now as they were then. Would you consider the possibility that the company has changed (perhaps even grown up or evolved) since then?

I can't speak to your original complaint - but since the company was still pretty young back then, I was thinking that there may have been some growing pains - and you were unlucky enough to get caught by it.

And the rest of the haters? any relevent, current reasons to hate? Or is it just a habit by now?

Hmm... maybe I should quit letting my wife watch Dr. Phil while I play cards in the kitchen - It seems to be rubbing off on me...

Peace and love to all

Ron Swedelson
03-29-2004, 08:06 PM
I can only go off of dist. stories now since I have been seperated from the company for a few years and really have no relationship with them. Reading Peters quotes on each of their press releases, Peter seems the same type of guy. I have always said, very bright, and very carismatic, but to many ideas and not enough people to weed through them all for the great ones. I think they are to worried about exposure than actual distributor sales and area penatration. I know they still have problems relating to their sales reps. They have gone through another rep. out here because the rep was feed up with the way she was treated. The company seems to come up with great ideas on paper, but when it doesnt pan out, its the area reps. fault. Their sales are up over when I first had my problems 4-5 years ago, and about the same as when I was fired almost 3 years ago. But they have cut some expenses and done more for direct sales to increase profits. So they are making money now. I still think if they fixed some of their problems, they could have been profitable 3 years ago. Hopefuly for them the new board members will lend their experience from the busines to help mold Jones into more of a busnies than just a fun idea house.

As for the post before yours, I believe Boylans is a better made soda than Jones. Better bottle and better beverage. But it does not have the distribution that Jones has, nor does it have the overall appeal that Jones has.

bigbottom
03-30-2004, 10:29 AM
My grip all along has been that Jones in particular has made it more difficult for other soda companies in glass bottles to be taken seriously by the distribution arena. Why? Oh your probably going to be like those Jones people and rip us off. Jones came in here in a big huff and left in a cloud of smoke why do you think you will do any better? All talk and empty promises has left the distribution arena bruised and battered. These are the exact comments that put start up brands (The real little guys) at a sever disadvantage from day one. Jones has put a black mark on the category with all of there BS and paper hype. Peter is a master at using people and then dumping them after he has sucked the life blood out of them. The list of candidates goes on like a bad song stuck in your head. He is a master of manipulation and from what I can see he has just raised the bar in terms of his targets. It's really not hate I have, it is disgust based on the principals. If you continue to screw enough people the people rebel and create a nation of anarchy.

ichiro
03-30-2004, 12:05 PM
blahblahblahblahblah, oh the world is so mean,cry a river . Pete has destroyed the world ! Go see a shrink. That last post bb, that was a real classic,unbelievable!.

turdferguson
03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
woah......bottom is now the grand prize winner!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never thought it could or would happen, but bottom is now officially the biggest moron ever to post on this entire board.....congrats dude, and i wish i was your shrink cuz evidently there is little grasp on reality goin on here.....jones destroyed the entire market for all other glass products???? that is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever...ever.

i have been doing this a long time and i have not seen 1 new glass product in the last 5 years that could outsell jones, please tell me 1 bottom......yikes

bigbottom
04-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Lets see one of you are on my ass and the other is coming out which is the lesser of the two evils? OK, OK, I got it...oops that was a brain fart sorry guys you missed it! Watch the sky's there is great danger everywhere keep watching and hope you don't get swallowed by your own delusions. Jones, Jones your so great, your being cheered on by a rash on roller skates.

Seriously I would try and educate you boys a little more but I will have to charge you.

Cheers, Big

ichiro
04-01-2004, 01:36 PM
its ok big, we understand your embarassment after your previous posting. I guess after you read it again you realized how stupid you sounded. It's ok im a forgiving person.

Happy Bunny
04-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by turdferguson:
yea, boylans is much better than jones, thats why you see it ummmm nowhere.....what an idiot.... Actually, Boylans is in the Cost Plus right next to Jones - Their Sugar Cane Cola is quite good.

I think everybody recognizes that the Jones brand is at least as marketable (if not more!) as the soda itself. Soda is soda, and everybody has different preferences - Jones did (and I think still does) an excellent job getting their brand into the conciousness of a teen/pre-teen market that is notoriously hard to corral.

So in summary, Boylans = tasty soda (at least the 1 flavor I tried) Jones = strong brand with at least a few good flavors (I really like the Grape)

redcremesoda
04-06-2004, 01:57 PM
I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but in some way, Jones has seriously pissed some of you off. Without reading all 488 replies, can someone summarize what's going on. What is so "hated" about Jones, is it the company, the distribution, or the actual soda quality :confused:

Personally, I'm more frustrated by certain products that are only available in certain areas of the country and with stores that don't carry the entire line of a company. I've also purchased Boylan's Sugar Cane Cola at Cost Plus, but they tell me they can't get Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer and they only carry the diet Cream Soda. Also, I haven't seen one place that carries Jones actually have the Grape or Lemon Drop on the shelves.

Also, <standing on soapbox> I wish glass bottles were once again the main method of distribution. Things taste much better from glass containers, with cans coming in a distant second. That's why you still see beer predominately in glass or cans, because it would taste like crap out of plastic.

<gets off soapbox and prepares for the lively banter>

Ron Swedelson
04-06-2004, 11:38 PM
You will get 15 different reasons from 15 different people. But since I started this great post, Ill throw my 2 cents in there.
Mainly the way the company does busines. Always looking for that dist. that will sell X number of cases, only to leave them next week when someone says they can sell X+1. The CEO has 1,000,001 ideas, 800,000 of them that no one else would come up with. But in the past, no one to weed out which ideas would really work in the market place and which ones don't. Some people say jones is the best tasing product ever, some say its too sweet and gummy. Distributors that have not been crossed by Jones love the brand because its a pretty good sell. But any distributor that had Jones knows the story. And almost all of the former Jones dist. did not drop it, but had it pulled from them. Some for good reasons, some for dumb reasons. And what keeps this posts flowing is some of the die hard Jones fans that have yet to be crossed by Jones who dont know any better. And the replies by thoes who have done busines with Jones in one form or another and know the other side of the story. In short, good prodcut, Great marketability, have not met a fan of the way they do busines.

Uncle Thirsty
04-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Sorry Turd-
E-dude is still the "Master Moron"

Energydude
04-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Wow Uncle....since you have nothing of substance to add the best thing to do is call me names? I liked it better when you didn't post anything on this board.....

Better to thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt! :D

Uncle Thirsty
04-27-2004, 10:50 PM
I wasnt calling you names ..
I was giving you your "Props".

lejema
06-08-2004, 06:08 PM
they are the worse their web site they try to act like they are so friendly and they never respond - to anything

Fufu-Leth
06-23-2004, 12:54 PM
I know a couple of people who work with Jones, and I think the general consensus I've recieved is that Peter caused the trouble. Most of the people I've talked to said moving from the little distro's to the larger one's is gonna hurt them in the long run. I really hate Peter now...

BTW, I'm still a Jones fan, I like the soda, not the CEO.

Cheers.

Ron Swedelson
06-23-2004, 07:47 PM
I dont hate Peter, but it has seemed to be a shared thought that Peter has caused much of Jones Sodas problems. Its not so much that going with larger distributors is the biggest problem, its that he doesnt review who is being dropped and not enought individual market research to see if the distributor really is good for that area.
Im a former employee and a former distributor...Ive seen it from both sides, never been good either way.

drpep
07-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I hung out for about a half hour at a newsstand that a friend works part time at. Besides the usual Pepsi and Coke products, they sell Jones. In the 1/2 hour I was there I noticed about 6 sales of Jones products to the under 18 crowd. These kids were very familiar with the product, commenting on favorite flavors and disappointed in ones that were missing.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-06-2005, 10:33 AM
i miss this topic!

Christian Prickett
01-06-2005, 11:29 AM
One thing about Jones's, they use glass. That, to me, is the best package there is. Better than the cans that everyone is shoveling out their crap in. I'm not to fond of the long neck bottle but it's glass and that's a classy package.

Hey Ron, what is Jones trading at today?

Ron Swedelson
01-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey Christian, they are shoveling their crap in cans...at a very discounted price. Sorry to break that news to you, but feel free to go check out their 12 packs at target for $3.99. Or their 4 pack of energy drinks on sale for $3.49. Kind of makes it difficult to ever offer their new energy drinks on the open market without hurting the sales of WhoopAss or big Jones Energy.

Its trading at $3.42 at the moment, down for the day...down from its $4.30 high a few months ago, and much further down from were Peter said it would be by this time....although about $3.20 higher than when I sold off my stock.

boodoo
01-07-2005, 07:23 AM
I miss it too. As well as SS and Peacekitty!