PDA

View Full Version : WHO ELSE HATES RED BULL?

JT
09-27-2001, 07:47 PM
Lamest drink ever. The people at corporate are complete arrogant buffoons. Nuff said.

Sealude
09-28-2001, 09:14 AM
I take it you must sell a so called competitor??

Betty Bull
09-28-2001, 05:25 PM
JT, from your useful post it sounds like you'd fit right in.

boodoo
09-28-2001, 05:38 PM
I'm with JT on this one. Obviously people drink it to get the buzz cause the taste is pathetic in my opinion.

Why not get the buzz and enjoy the great taste of Bawls!

sodasommelier
09-28-2001, 10:30 PM
I have to agree with boodoo on this one. Anyway, thanks RB for making people accepting of higher pricing for boutique drinks anyway; as for drinking your stuff I have to abstain!!

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

Sealude
09-28-2001, 10:52 PM
I agree that I could not stand the taste of Red Bull when I first tried it. I have grown to like it in the past few years. I also think that Red Bull at the very least deserves the credit for doing an extremely good job in making thier product wanted by the the consumer. Like it or not RB is here to stay, which is evident by the imminent launch of Pepsi's entry into the category.

sodasommelier
09-28-2001, 11:34 PM
I haven't learned to like it, but that's probably just my taste. Anyway, other than taste, I agree with what you're saying.

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

bwtucker
09-29-2001, 03:34 AM
You know i still haven't seen it in my area.

warrzone
09-29-2001, 09:14 AM
I don't hate Red Bull, I just don't like the taste of it. Yes I do sell a competitor. I have 2 brands with 6 flavors and some of those I don't like the taste either.

[This message has been edited by warrzone (edited 10-04-2001).]

Ron Swedelson
09-29-2001, 09:38 PM
I hate Red Bull as a brand, as a competitor, as a little can, and as a company with a crapy advertisment...but to call the company a bunch of baffons or anything like that...maybe they were lucky enough to stumble upon this, or maybe they knew what they were doing...either way...Its hard to bash on a company that has a basic monopoly on a catigory...keep your bashing to thoes new age drink companys that can't make a dime even after record years of growth...But I wont point a finger at thoes companies...lets just call them Janes Soda..

JT
09-30-2001, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sealude:
I take it you must sell a so called competitor??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sell red bull and its competitors in both distribution (at least until they finish their own network) and retail channels. There are lots of product that I hate on the market today, but red bull is in a league of its own. Why? Because the jackasses at corporate and their field reps are just complete buttheads. Why? Try doing something they don't like with their product (I'm talking marketing and merchandisng) and you will see. Get a call from some moron at corporate who threatens and acts like they own the world.

Their product, like anything else, will slow eventually. Maybe the slowing economy will knock some sense idio the idiots that have been shelling out $3+ for this crap. Oh well. Whatever.

boodoo
10-01-2001, 10:30 AM
RB has done a good deed by creating the demand for their product and sticking with the higher retails. I remember when we were all scared to sell a beverage that would cross the $1.00 barrier.

dr pepperman
10-01-2001, 11:28 AM
So anyone know how the Red Bull scene was in Indianapolis this weekend? If anyone caught the Formula 1 race on ABC you can see where most of Red Bull's money goes. Lots of free network TV time for them Sunday.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!

flatlander22
10-01-2001, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sealude:
...Red Bull at the very least deserves the credit for doing an extremely good job in making thier product wanted by the the consumer...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have to agree with you here. I am an 18 year old kid, so to say. I am into the so called "Extreme" sports that they show every so often on ESPN. RB has done a good job with these guys on the market, sponsering people like Mat Hoffman, and many other alternative sports events, here in the US, and over seas.

surgefeedtherush
10-01-2001, 05:16 PM
Yes Red Bull is bad but they arnt stupid and they seem to make tons of money.

-Avery

RedBull Rocket
10-02-2001, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Red Bull sucks! Red Bull sucks because I hate it. Blah Blah blah!.....so much for this being a forum for beverage professionals

surgefeedtherush
10-02-2001, 08:16 PM
As a company RedBull Is incredible they singlehandedly built up and dominate the Energy Drink market. But as a product 'Bull is lagging far behind it wanna-be comptetiors. Only a few of which are actually drinkable as sodas.

-Avery

sodasommelier
10-02-2001, 11:11 PM
Well, like I say... I don't like the taste of Red Bull (Red Devil is much worse) but certainly I'm sure I'm at least $1K or more richer due to Red Bull's having convinced the general public to pay so much for that little can. So I don't have to buy or consume their stuff but nowadays $1K can mean 2 roundtrip tickets to Brazil; not too shabby! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

------------------

jimtml
10-04-2001, 06:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JT:
Lamest drink ever. The people at corporate are complete arrogant buffoons. Nuff said.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know much about their corporate people but lets be real about this it tastes terrible, only rave kids drink it/buy it, a group totally taken in by contemporary marketing gambits, kids are dumb, so is Red Bull

Fixx
10-08-2001, 04:41 PM
Ok, good bad or indifferent as to whether you like Red Bull or not.
They have been very successful with what they have done and how they have done it. Hats off to them however, the negative press continues to come surrounding the brand.
Here is another piece of press:

OCTOBER 08, 2001

Study: Energy Drinks Impact Teeth (10/08/01)
(c) Health Media Ltd 2001 Health Media Ltd

Dentists have warned that energy drinks may erode teeth. A study of 96 soft drinks carried out at Dundee University showed that Red Bull is most likely to cause "acid attacks", followed by Lucozade's Solstis. The study suggests that vigorous exercise can dry out protective saliva in the mouth, making teeth more vulnerable to the acids in sugary drinks. (Daily Mail 08/10/01; p.36)

(c) Health Media Ltd 2001 http://www.health-secure.net To see more focused health-related content, go to http://www.health-news.co.uk

Just an FYI-

Later.

Betty Bull
10-09-2001, 12:44 AM
It is a brilliant thing that Red Bull has done. In the end they want people to have a reaction, either love or hate, and that is exactly what they have inspired-you all proved it. Ask someone about 180 and there isn't nearly the buzz or reaction-people couldn't care less. Again it's meant to give you energy not necessarily taste bud pleasure-there are millions of bottles of colored crap that can do that with no function.

sodasommelier
10-09-2001, 01:43 AM
I really think that anyone who chooses to drink or not to drink Red Bull or any other soda based upon its effect on teeth is ridiculous. Obviously, Coke or even Moxie Elixir can rot teeth if you don't brush your teeth regularly. So what! Anyway, I think that the flavor and packaging of Red Bull is horrible; as for the reaction there are dozens of drinks that offer the same or more for less $. However, [doing a '180' without ever drinking that drink which I think is total crap based upon all of its attributes], I must say that I have respect for Red Bull's ability to convince the general public to pay such a premium for something which is really miniscule in value. In fact, their actions have certainly afforded many of us some decent income; none of us can complain about that! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/smile.gif

------------------

Sealude
10-09-2001, 12:23 PM
Amen brother

Fixx
10-09-2001, 05:56 PM
I am neither saying good or bad against Red Bull. The fact remains, they have done an excellent job with the brand. Concentrated on one SKU and made it sell like H-E-double tooth picks. Props to them. I was merely showing positive or negative press surrounding the brand and thought it would bring another spin to the topic of conversation.

Later.

Ron Swedelson
10-11-2001, 12:29 AM
OH MOOOOXXXXXIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I love Moxie, I loved selling that guy...its just to bad no one here wanted to buy it. Some people have no taste or knowledge of the company that forced Pepsi to go away and practicaly bankrupt way back in the day. SS, you would probably know. What was the name of the resturante chain that only carried pepsi and helped it get back on its feet? Anyways, sure Red Bull will destroy your teeth. i dont know anyone who lets it sit in their mouth for hours on end to let it do that though. Just about any drink with acids or perservatives will do that. Come on, dont bring things like that in here. And Betty, Red Bull wants a reaction, but only a good one. They dont want a bad one. They are still way to Euorpean in their marketing to understand that a bad one is still having someone think about them. They are only there for the good people, and to rape them of all their money in the proces. Kinda makes me jelouse I didn't think of that first.

boodoo
10-11-2001, 08:42 AM
I can take you way back to the days when diet beverages were sweetened with cyclomates. Anyone remember the textured glass bottles of Fresca with the great taste?

The FDA put ot a warning that cyclomates cause cancer in lab rats. When you did the math to calculate the human equivalency it came out to something like 360 12oz bottles per day for 6 months! We lost a good sweetener and ended up with saccharine.

Goes to show that there is always somebody out there with an agenda.

sodasommelier
10-12-2001, 03:42 AM
Hey Boodoo, I've got a Fresca bottle like that. What's really cool is what's written under Fresca, like a ribbon around the bottle. It says "IMITATION CITRUS FLAVORED DIETARY ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED CARBONATED BEVERAGE". Scary description but actually I really used to like that stuff!

Hey, Ron... are you trying to imply that Red Bull doesn't VURK??? !! http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/eek.gif

------------------

RavinGAzN
01-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Everyone, i suggest you drop those 8oz cans and settle for a nice delicious bottle of Bawls. Its a 16 oz blue bottle, usually not sold in regular gas stations, but its a great tasting drink. Alot better then red bull and those other nasty ass drinks. tongue.gif It has a light carbonated taste to it. Its an awesome drink. Try it

Ron Swedelson
01-15-2002, 12:00 AM
I have to agree with going for the 10 oz. Bawls over the 8 oz. Red Bull. But don't worry, it will be in gas stations in your area soon enough. Other parts of the country, it is already there.

sodasommelier
01-15-2002, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I only sell to two gas stations... One of them sells Bawls!!! That's 50%!

There are a handfull of good energy type drinks. Because they are good, you can't simply call them "energy drinks". There's the implication that to be an "energy drink" that the drink must be repulsive; that's what manufacturers of horrible-tasting 'energy drinks' say to justify the purchase despite the taste. They say it's like medicine or something. Well, there's no reason that you need to squint your eyes and make a wretched face in order to get this 'medicine'. Just find something which has the punch and also has the taste. Bawls is one such example. And it's in a beautiful bottle as well.

Another drink which is really good (totally different in flavor and appearance) is Lolli's Cherry Pop. It's not available anywhere near as many places as Bawls yet, but it is certainly a great alternative to Red Bull, 180, KMX, Red Devil, Semtex, Black Dog, Dark Dog, Blue Ox, Whooping Ass, Jones, Hansens, or whatever other junky thimble can drink you see out there.

cloverdawl
01-30-2002, 01:34 AM
I don't like red bull either. i tastes too weird.

energyman07
09-08-2002, 11:34 PM
I said it other places and now I will say it here.
"SumPoosie" ENERGY DRINK www.sumpoosie.com (http://www.sumpoosie.com) it is simply unreal. I am taking it on down here in Florida. I gave some samples to my biggest customers and they went crazy!!! October 15th the company is bringing in 4 "Poosie Girls" in Pink Bikini's to the Hot Zoo Morning show and the girls are going to pass out free "Poosie" in front of the radio station.......OH MY!!!!!
The 12oz. bottle is great...(I think everything taste better in glass) and every bottle features a "POOSIE GIRL" on the side !!!!!

fusion
09-30-2002, 11:03 PM
I have seen pretty much every other energy drink mentioned on this board in some c-store or another, but I have yet to see Lolli's or Bawls. Anyone know if either of them are available in the Baltimore, Philadelphia or Washington, DC markets?

[ 09-30-2002, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

fusion
10-15-2002, 10:10 AM
ADDISON ESPANA HELPS PINK FISH TAKE ON RED BULL

2002 Centaur Communications Ltd or its licensors. All Rights Reserved

Madrid-based Addison Espana has created the look for Cadbury Schweppes energy drink brand Pink Fish, which will go head-to-head with the market-leading Red Bull, initially in Spain, but potentially across Europe.

The consultancy has created the name, identity and packaging for Pink Fish, which is the first of three soft drink projects it is working on for the client, Cadbury Schweppes Bebidas de Espana.

The taste of the original Pink Fish product is similar to the Red Bull mix, according to Addison Espana project director Clair Canning. But the consultancy is now working on pack design for a flavour variant that Cadbury Schweppes hopes will be a far more distinctive offering.

"Pink Fish is being clearly positioned as an alternative to Red Bull," says Canning. "But it's not quite so linked to nightlife and dance culture as Red Bull is. Schweppes is a more conservative company and its brand is not so radical."

Among the criteria for the choice of name was the fact that it needed to be memorable and easy to pronounce across Europe. "More aggressive and nocturnal-sounding names like Rip" were discounted for being too "short and sharp", Canning adds.

The final choice of name reflects the client"s determination to offer direct competition to Red Bull. A young, urban and trendy audience is the primary target for Pink Fish, which will be strongly promoted in Spain around pop concerts and other musical events.

The design of the new flavour pack will involve changes to the colour background and the introduction of a graphic element to highlight the new ingredient.

Addison Espana designers Judy Willer and Luis Echanove worked on the project. The consultancy won the work after a three-way pitch in January.

Founded in 1988, Addison Espana underwent a management buy-out from Addison Worldwide in 1994.

S.C. Beverage Guy
12-08-2002, 05:29 PM
Is Red Bull being distributed via traditional DSD distributors or selling it themselves ?

Sealude
12-09-2002, 05:14 PM
DSD Distributors

Goldmember
01-03-2003, 09:22 PM
wonder how Pink Fish compares to sompoosy.