PDA

View Full Version : I am p***sed off

drpep
05-20-2002, 10:12 PM
I don't who who to be pissed at, Dr Pepper or the local Coke distributor who handles Dr Pepper.
First off let me say I have no interest in the Spiderman movie or anything else Spiderman. That said, WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THE DR PEPPER SPIDERMAN CANS????? Its Memorial Day week, large volumes of soda are going to be sold. Dr Pepper is $1.99 a 12 pack at one store AND ALL I FIND ARE THE G*D-DAMN GENERIC DR PEPPER CANS AND 12 PACKS WITHOUT THE 65cent OFF COUPON. A**h*les!!! GET WITH IT. Are you pussies afraid that the redemtion of the coupon will hurt your bottom line? F**k that, you will make up for it in volume. I could have 6-8 12 packs right now, but without the 65 cent coupon I will hold off. If I have to cut back to 5 cans a week I will do that. If I can stock up on cheap Dr Pepper I tend to drink more. Plus I want one each of the Spiderman cans. I was lucky to find some Spidey 12 packs at a Wallymart sveral weeks ago and that was the ONLY spotting of Spiderman cans in the area. Sure you throw us a bone with Diet Dr Pepper Spiderman 12 packs with the coupon but I'm not falling for that ploy to increase sales of Diet.
According to Dr Pepper's Clock Dial magazine the 65cent off coupon was issued in areas that had the poorest per capita sales of Dr Pepper. Well if you pricks continue I see a 75cent coupon in the future for this area because I am buying less.
Its your fault for training us consumers to wait for the cheapest price and with the buyout of the smaller Coke distributors buy the likes of CCE the days of $2.99 and less 12 packs look to have gone the way of Crystal Pepsi. Same for Pepsi. PBG gets a hold of the smaller dist that served the area and prices go up and store service goes down. How long does my store have to wait to have someone come replace burned out lightbulbs in the Pepsi cooler? Would have been 1 day with the old company.
I can easily cross the border to Pennsylvania to see if the stores there carry the Spiderman cans. If so well some other bottler got the sale and you lost out.
I will go back Friday to the store that has the $1.99 Dr Pepper. With the volume thay do the current stock should sell down and new will have come in. If the Spiderman cans are there then this rant was partially for nothing. If they are not there, SCREW YOU and I hope the parent company gets its wish and yanks Dr Pepper and replaces with Pibb Xtra (which various Coke reps have told me would happen if Coke gets its way). If Dr Pepper has anything do do with the lack of Spiderman cans and coupons then I hope Red Fusion blows up in your face.
Now its time for me to calm down by drinking an ice cold Stewarts Root Beer. Over and out tongue.gif

sodasommelier
05-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Whoa, Dr Pepperman!!! Sorry to hear about your dilemma! You know, I was delivering beverages to the Spider Man production office at Sony Studios and I couldn't get a Spider Man poster for my little nephew; the one they had on the wall... they said that they had bought it in a novelty shop! Hooray for Hollywood, eh?

Well... I'd guess that perhaps the supplier of the cans is at fault but who knows...

I hear that movie's doing pretty good; perhaps when the sequel comes out they'll be ordering some pretty ritzy stuff, like the cane sugar Dr Pepper for example smile.gif

Good luck in your quest Dr Pepperman!

SURGE
05-21-2002, 09:01 PM
Nice Rant!!!! :D :D

Yeah we have those spiderman peppers, 65¢ off and Pepsi prod. are on sale for $2 this week!!!
Sorry man I hope you find your Pepper!

-Avery

sodasommelier
05-22-2002, 12:57 AM
For what it's worth I was at Smart & Final today buying canned Caffeine Free Diet Coke for movie stars... yes, I had to do it! Anyway, I saw the 12pks of Dr Pepper with the 65¢ thing and the Spiderman info. The 12pks were 3 for $7.98.

Didn't see any more Jones there... :D

mickstafa
05-22-2002, 05:57 PM
>Now its time for me to calm down by drinking an >ice cold Stewarts Root Beer.

Heh, yeah, forget the Doctor, Stewart is where its at! ;) Hey, I also graciously got a new design Birch Beer, so thanks Pepperman for gettin me the old ones - you dont need to get me any more! All I need now is a dang full Draft.

Shatter
05-23-2002, 01:40 AM
Dr. Pepper Spider-Man 12 packs, along with the entire Dr. Pepper and Pepsi line of 12 pack product, is all on sale at my Kroger for $1.69 each! I noticed that the file clerks had changed over to the new sale before the store opening Wednesday morning. I'm off today, so i'm expecting to see some barren shelves when I go in Thursday night. Hell, the shelves might be gone, knowing our customers...... I know our Dr. Pepper sales rep usually likes dealing with Kroger and hates going to Wal-Mart (one manager there will want a massive DP display, and whatever manager's in charge the next day will order it taken down, rinse, repeat) but I feel sorry for those guys. They are going to have to bust their ***** to keep up with demand at our sale price. I'm going to have to pick up some myself, considering i'm down to 2 bottles left from my case of Dublin Dr. Pepper.

sodasommelier
05-23-2002, 03:49 AM
The Spiderman Dr Pepper would be like liquid Irish Spring compared to Dublins!!!!

Hey I think those 5 asterisks are not because of profanity; rather they form the last part of Ifs Ands & YouKnowWhatts which is this really cool soda shop in Dallas who dares to sell quality beverages via the internet and has a few that bevs direct has and has thus been reduced to asterisks as a result.

boodoo
05-23-2002, 08:08 AM
No worries Shatter! I am back in business with Dublin Dr Pepper! Bite me corporate DPSU!

drpep
05-23-2002, 11:57 AM
I asked 2 Coke guys why the last 2 Dr Pepper 12 pack promotions have passed this area buy. Neither could answer why. One said a store had a sale which claimed most of the Spiderman promo packs but I doubt that. How could every store in the region not have the packs? I have yet to see the 20oz Spiderman promo bottles. Good thing I do not want the Dr Pepper/Spiderman T-shirt from that on package promo.

[ 05-23-2002, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

drpep
05-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Well I'm not so PO'd anymore. A trip south of the border to an evil Wally Mart turned up 12 and 24 packs of Dr Pepper/Spiderman packs. I loaded up by buying a 24 pack, taking it to the car, cutting of the coupon and returning for another. did this 3 times. Got all the Spiderman desing cans. Across the street I found 20oz bottles of Diet and Reg with the Spiderman promo. Thanks whichever Pepsi bottler handles Dr Pepper in the Mansfield, Pa area.

PhillyCoke
05-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Wow, sorry you had such a tough time finding spidey. I've seen it all over here.

the Coke bottlers that handle Peppper in this area (Abarta and Philadelphia Coke) both had the spidey.. in fact, Philly now has the Fridge Packs, and they are spidey.

the Pepsi bottlers were a little slower to get it, but they have it now, too. (Pepsi bottles Pepper in southern Delaware and most of Maryland).

Speaking of the Clockdial, I haven't seen a copy in years.. Where did you get ahold of it?

JACK
05-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Some thoughts about the rant and follow ups

- Face it some bottlers are better than others with production runs. Ordering 12 wraps and producing

- Bottlers are given a limit of promotional wraps based on their previous year's volume.

- All Spiderman 12 packs here have $1.00 off.

- Tear the packs off in the store and turn your 12 pack upside down in your cart. Hand the clerk one with the coupon still on and say I have 10 here.

- Boodoo - Screw corporate DPSU!!?? Well now, so sorry for those franchise things that keep getting in the way. I know you are selling the DP brands but those rules are for everyone.

- Philly Coke - Go to Erie Avenue and pickup a Clockdial. If not ask someone to ask your Dr Pepper Rep to have them sent in again. I know for a fact they use to be sent to every Philly Coke sales center.

drpep
05-28-2002, 04:42 PM
I got Clock Dial either thru joining the 10-2-4 Club in 1998 or when I signed up for the Mark Green (driver of the Dr Pepper car in 1999) fan club. I stayed with the 10-2-4 club for one year The subsciption lasted until the end of 2000. I picked up the current one on ebay. Anyone have any they can spare let me know.

PhillyCoke
05-29-2002, 01:22 AM
LOL.. I don't work for Philly Coke anymore. I just haven't picked a new ID for here.

I actually now work for Mid-Atlantic Coca-Cola, aka the Mid-Atlantic Division of CCE. We don't have Pepper, it is bottled by Pepsi in most of our area, and RC Winchester in other parts...and others in other parts, I am sure.

sodasommelier
05-29-2002, 01:37 AM
Hey, I'm just glad to hear you don't work for Jones ;)

I noticed that Jones doesn't have any Spiderman labels... :D

JACK
05-30-2002, 08:30 AM
PHilly coke

Why leave Philly Coke?? Mid Atlantic ..I guess that means you are in Maryland or DC. Now that you are a CCE guy, I guess Pibb Extra is your rage....How is it selling

drpep
05-30-2002, 10:14 PM
So I go 90 minutes north to Rochester, NY today and I find some stores have Spiderman cans and some do not. One store had Dr Pepper Spiderman in the suitcase pack. All this from the same Coke Co. that sells where I live. Now I know where most the Spiderman cans ended up.

drpep
05-30-2002, 10:18 PM
-[QUOTE} Bottlers are given a limit of promotional wraps based on their previous year's volume.[QUOTE]

Then our bottler must have done poor with Dr Pepper because this is the second 12 pack promo in a row we missed, except for Diet Dr Pepper Spiderman.

- [QUOTE]Tear the packs off in the store and turn your 12 pack upside down in your cart. Hand the clerk one with the coupon still on and say I have 10 here.[QUOTE]

Done that smile.gif

[ 05-30-2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

drpep
06-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Now after I load up on out of state Dr Pepper and complete the Spiderman can collection the Dr Pepper Spiderman cans show up.

NuGrapeman
06-15-2002, 01:23 AM
Well there is still only one design here. That realy sucks. The same one on the regular and Diet Dr Pepper cans.

PhillyCoke
06-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Slow reply.. been out of town.. and busy at work.

I left philly coke.. well, not under the best of circumstances. Human Resources had a problem with me, and my boss wouldn't back me up -- that's all I am gonna say, lol.

There is a Baltimore based independent chain called Mars.. we had 5/$10 flavor 12packs (well, everything except Classic, CF Classic, Diet, CF Diet) last week. I stuck $1/1 Pibb Xtra coupons on the 12packs, and we sold a whole pallet in a weekend.

Other than that, I can't say. It's only authorized in one chain that I work in on a consistent basis.. and they haven't had a 12pack ad in two weeks. And we only have it in 12 packs and 20oz for now.

[ 06-16-2002, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: PhillyCoke ]

pritter2
01-19-2003, 10:30 PM
have you tried the local flea market or antigue stores they usuall have them and in pawn shops too

pritter2
01-19-2003, 10:31 PM
have you tried the local flea market or antigue stores they usuall have them and in pawn shops too smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif