PDA

View Full Version : Jones Soda Issues

KingBev
03-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Man - you all dissing Jones is very entertaining. U all sound like little bitches who were picked last in gym class. I'm not one to register to a site such as this but it is a foggy nite here and I am bored. To be a hater must be a very sad and empty life up in Northern Cali. I know, you can blame it on the rainy weather but you have to admit, Jones is THE raddest product on the shelves today. They are making history and their marketing achievements speak for themselves. As the core of coolness of tv shows "Monster Garage" from Discovery Channel approached Jones Soda and asked for their old RV to transform it to a halfpipe and Tony Hawk wanted to be on the show to represent the Jones RV, they must be doing something right to have Jesse James and Tony HAwk in their corner. Check it out on April 14th 2003 if you need more proof. So, in short, suck it up, realize you are a little B-yauch and go cut the grass in your little surburbia neighborhood and go try the new Jones Green Tea made with Hemp. It might mellow U out a bit homie.

Tim Kelly
03-12-2003, 10:02 AM
I think the different photos on the bottles is a groovy idea, a real eye-catcher, but everytime I try one of their flavors I think "Yuck, this tastes TOO much like cheap candy!" :(

KingBev
03-12-2003, 06:41 PM
How old are U?? Jones demographic is 14-24 yr old. It is a creative artsy package that kids love. If you are 35 plus, dont bother dissing d the product. Its not for you. Like your grandparents wanted to exile Rock and Roll music.
Rock on Jones- keep up the good work.
Ciao
SPF

Ron Swedelson
03-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Sweet*****Frank sounds like Yuck Mouth, or R.V. Frank. Dude, you've seen me, and you know I was by far not picked last in gym class. Now, if your little 5'10 frame will stand aside, maybe it can explain why Todd "Mr. WhoopAss" Infruma left Jones and sent out a nasty letter to the company about the way they do busines. Todd may have been the only guy out there who was more into Jones than you are. Monster Garage, great, glad to hear something from Jones is is being put to use. Tony Hawk, yeah, he's friends with you, and likes that Jones gives him free stuff and drove him around for a few years in the R.V. He should have nothing against you, and it will promote him more, so why wouldn't he be apart of it. Well, I have been around Oceanside and Escondito today, and I'll be glad to report that in the 20 stores I stoped in, only about 5 had Jones, but 12 of them ordered my product. Guess you guys are missing Todd right about now huh? Todd was a great person, but for someone who was so far into the Jones cult to see the light, that does mean there is hope for the rest of you. Also, how come Jones lost another $1,000,000 + this year? And they havent made money in any of their past 7 years of business? Must be a great company huh Frank? Tell Peter I said hello.

bigbottom
03-12-2003, 09:23 PM
I was speaking to a very prominent marketing executive today about the beverage industry of which they are very active and she said only what everybody is thinking about Jones soda. They are like Brittany Spears over exposed.

I think that sums it all up.

I love Monsters garage and look forward to them cutting up the Jones RV. It's nice to see Peter showing his investors his lack for control on spending there money. Oh well I guess they need the marketing write off. Of course Jesse James likes them they give them free stuff. When you give it away for free everyone loves ya but ask them to buy and that's when you know who your real friends are.

Right about now Peter should be able to hear an echo heard around the world. Where is the money gone!

Can you say over exposeure.... Oh YA!

FunkyDickFrancine
03-12-2003, 10:05 PM
I b 39 and if I's wants to drink tha Jones I will do that. BOOYA SPF.
FDF

KingBev
03-12-2003, 10:25 PM
FunkyDickFrancine-
Are U my WonderTwin ready to fight evil Jones Haters?? If so, meet me at the Hall of Justice at 10 pm at we will go get them tonite.............
It will be painless Anti Jonesers- It will be painless.

sodasommelier
03-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Is it just me, or do all of the Jonesies seem like they originate from a group of high school thugs who met each other serving detention? The attitude goes from the president right down to the salespeople; a bunch of hype and BS mixed with push, shove, push, shove.

Aren't people supposed to actually enjoy soda or is that supposed to be something of the past?

BottleBoss
03-13-2003, 08:14 AM
Let me tell you my first experience with JONES SODA. I saw it in an electronics store in Utah while I was in college. I thought: Wow, cool, soda in glass bottles. So I bought some and took it back to my apartment. Then I tried it. It was the most horrible tasting drink I had ever had. What a dissapointment! I don't care what the people who sell it are like, or the pictures on the bottles. The stuff tasted terrible. Of course, that store went out of business. I suspect you see Jones Soda on Monster Garage only because they get it for free or are paid to put it in there! I have only seen a few episodes of that show, but I have never seen them actually drinking it! Maybe thay use it as parts washer to remove grease and all.

>>Of course, I could also go on about plenty of other sodas that I think are really bad to!

[ 03-13-2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

bigbottom
03-13-2003, 09:13 AM
I did see them use Jones Juice as a fire retardant one time. I guess that's how good it is they only use it to put out fires. Jesse James has only been seen drinking, Gatorade, Water and of course Beer on the pontoon boat episode. Sorry Jones Not even Jesse will drink the stuff. But he is no dummy he will most certainly take a freebie!!!!!!! It's a high light of the show when they get it for free!!!!!

Tim Kelly
03-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Sweet*****Frank:
How old are U?? Jones demographic is 14-24 yr old. It is a creative artsy package that kids love. If you are 35 plus, dont bother dissing d the product. Its not for you. Like your grandparents wanted to exile Rock and Roll music.
Rock on Jones- keep up the good work.
Ciao
SPFI don't see how my age matters, since I've never liked Jones Soda and I've tried different flavors over what seems to be a long period of time. Haven't they been around for at least ten years?

karks88
03-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Jones is a complete non-factor around here. One store carries it (Sheetz) and they only have a couple of flavors on the bottom shelf of the cooler. I've only tried like 3 flavors and I was never really impressed. But hey, every soda has at least a few fans.

KingBev
03-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Sodasommelier writes=
Aren't people supposed to actually enjoy soda or is that supposed to be something of the past?

Good point Sodasommelier- Funny that I read back to 2 years of your negative comments on this site-
Jones is a soda that MANY kids enjoy. Leave it at that. ALOT of kids like it and thats why they continue to march on.
Does anyone know a site that is about the bagel industry?? I worked at one 12 years ago and was fired so hopefully there is a bagelnet.com that has a "Gripes" section I could post negative comments on.

BottleBoss
03-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Here it is: www.bagelnet.com (http://www.bagelnet.com) It's somewhere in California. (The store). So you can go there, have a bagel and a Jones Soda, and cry your heart out!

FunkyDickFrancine
03-13-2003, 08:55 PM
So basically what you are saying SourSnatchFrank is that Jones is a kiddie drink. Well any business student will tell you that kids have fickle tastes and are quick to move on to the next fad. And what about when the kids who stick with Jones until they are 24? Do they move on to Coke, Pepsi, or beer? How do you keep your customers if Jones is not for people over 24 and potential new customers who have turned 14 start with the next fad,ignoring Jones.

sodasommelier
03-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Wow, that was fast! Our clown now has a home for his gripes. I'll even help: I hate onions and I never buy bagels anymore because almost everyone who makes bagels is careless and accidentally gets a piece of onion onto an otherwise good bagel. In fact, a bagel with onions is much much worse than Jones Soda. So if you want you can copy and paste that with your gripes about bagels.

Well, as for kids liking Jones... they'll also like the Sourer Sodas or even better, Brain Wash. That stuff is really a funky soda icon. Jones supposedly copied a bunch of their stuff and even cost the manufacturers alot of money claiming that they'd distribute the Skeleteens even though they really wanted to make up their own. I don't know if that's true but based upon how they've done everything to date it sure seems like more than mere gossip. Anyway, maybe someone over 24 could still like Jones if his taste buds get shot off in the war... Always think positive...

bigbottom
03-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Lets do some math class. According to Jones year end statement they lost another 1.4 million. With 4 million in assets that gives them just about three years of life left? Not! Frank better hope they don't cut up his current RV he will have no place to call home when they repo it.

Stupid is as stupid does! Now roll the commercial..............

sodasommelier
03-15-2003, 01:23 AM
Yes, it's about time for the back&forth Jonesies of the past to reappear with their familiar dialogue: Matt here with Jones update from the sales front; Flat Matt that is but what's not flat are the sales, Jim; when we wheel them in the people stop us to buy off the case on top and when I return with the next stack the previous one is all gone and there's a line forming of people with first dibs at what I'm wheeling in next; how about the results in your area Jim? --Oh yes Matt much the same here but more with the Jooce; other than Barry White's PA coming by to scold us the stores say the Jooce is just as natural as the essence of Froot Loops over Spring Water; same by you Matt? Yes Jim much the same; sorry I forgot to mention that before hey how about you Bob in the Southwest? Oh yeah guys it's just incredible. It's like the stock is soaring ahead so fast they're going to rename NASDAQ as NASZAP and soon it'll be the Jones Exchange; what do you say Jim & Matt?...

Yeah remember all of them? Well... where are they now??? :D

King Bev
03-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Hank-
I like you. Finally some flavor. Welcome to the Swedelson and Sodasommilier Crybaby Show.
Sit back and enjoy. It will be a long one.

All Hail the King!!! :eek:

Ron Swedelson
03-30-2003, 03:37 PM
I think King Bev has a crush on me. He keeps posting my name in all the different sites.

sodasommelier
04-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Look out, Ron! Remember the old Orange Crush commercial where the jingle went "You Want Your First Crush To Last..."!!!

Soon the king will hopefully graduate from school knowing how to spell "sommelier"!

King Bev
04-01-2003, 06:30 PM
I think ronnie and sodasommilieilier make secret gay love on pallets of Jones Soda ladies and gentlemen.
Keep those alter boys within eyesight.
:eek:

King Bev
04-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Sodasommilileeiielr
I had drinks with your wife last night. U are sick!!!! I never thought of greasing up a Diet DR Pepper Longneck up there.
You sickyyy! :eek:

World Beverage
04-01-2003, 10:16 PM
CAN KING/LOSER.......
Face the truth,Jones is a thing of the past.
I have 347 account's in Orange County,CALI and only 2 account's carry the CRAP.Jones is dead!!!

Ron Swedelson
04-02-2003, 01:32 AM
uh oh, I think my secret was found out...oh wait..Im not the one who came out with Pink and fufu berry...I guess since Jones stock rose to a whopping 27 CENTS today that someone didn't really have anything good to say about the brand

King Bev
04-02-2003, 01:33 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, such hostility. What I've come to expect from middle aged beverage "life"rs that sit here and bag on a $1 product at the mom and pop store down the street.
Now get back on the couch and watch your Rockford Files................
Back at cha'' loserrrrr :eek:

Ron Swedelson
04-02-2003, 11:51 AM
23, not quite middle lifer yet

King Bev
04-02-2003, 01:20 PM
Not U ronnie- The Gay World Beverage. :eek:

Ron Swedelson
04-02-2003, 03:35 PM
oh, ok...and its Ronny, please leave out the ie