PDA

View Full Version : Nothing new to complain about?

BottleBoss
03-21-2003, 08:47 AM
No posts here for a while. What's right with everything all of a sudden? Nothing new to complain about?

Tim Kelly
03-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Sigh... There's PLENTY to complain about! I want to walk into a store and buy SURGE in CANS and BOTTLES! I want to find dnL in CANS and BOTTLES! I want to try these different flavors of MELLO YELLO! FANTA has THREE exclusive flavors in ROMANIA! What's up with THAT? I saw an ad on the back of a Spanish MAXIM that advertised a new citrus soda from Coca-Cola called BEAT! I want it, so of course I can't find it ANYWHERE! Maybe it tastes like SURGE, maybe it DOESN'T! Maybe I'd like it either way, but how will I know if I can't FIND it? And how can anyone possibly swallow a single mouthful of TAB? Or PEPSI TWIST? Or PEPSI BLUE? I don't like them! :mad:

sodasommelier
03-21-2003, 10:49 PM
You are expecting results from the Coca-Cola Company; for the last 20 years they've not really cared a whole lot about consumers who drink soda for any reason other than just habit...

fusion
03-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Ok, I've got a complaint. Today I received spam from a "Lance Nickens" pimping his ad agency. Shame on him for harvesting email addresses from this board.

[ 03-25-2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

karks88
03-25-2003, 06:40 PM
As you all know, I'm still fuming about SURGE but now I'm also mad about Citra as well. Take away everything I love why don't ya?

Ron Swedelson
03-25-2003, 06:50 PM
Whoah Whoah Whoah...what is this talk about taking away Citra? I hope this is just in your market and not accross the board. Thats a great drink. And even better with Tequila

karks88
03-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Sadly Ron, there have been a few different locations here on the board that have reported the same thing :( It is a great drink, I hope it's not a national trend.

Shatter
03-26-2003, 03:02 AM
Does it seem that all the truly great drinks were created fifty to a hundred years ago, but anything created within the last decade just isn't accepted by the buying public? Only the sodas that have a huge advertising budget behind them stick around. And drinks like Citra, Surge, Mello Yello Melon, and damn near anything new made by Pepsi get discontinued.

King Bev
03-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey Ron-
I think I met your wife last week.
XOXOXO :eek:

sodasommelier
03-28-2003, 12:16 AM
The drinks created decades ago were created independently and by people who really put their soul into the drinks. The garbage that gets made up nowadays is a medley of copycat junk that some board of directors and their stinktank of golf players puts together with a bunch of scientists and their main concerns in addition to indoctrinating children into buying it is to connect everything to movies and sporting events and to corner the market on the availability of publicity. The actual drink and/or its quality are so far down the totem pole that you may have to dig down a bit to even reach it. But of course that is only my opinion; what do I know?

SplitLevelP
03-28-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by sodasommelier:
The drinks created decades ago were created independently and by people who really put their soul into the drinks. The garbage that gets made up nowadays is a medley of copycat junk that some board of directorsThose same people who created those main drinks with all of there being would have never dreamed there concept would be viewed as it is today made to cut costs by removing sugar which if they wanted the drink to taste that way it would have so right the so much for "the real thing" and would have never imagined there wonderful drinks
would come with a lovely plastic taste to help it taste so much better :rolleyes: going down. In closing I can't help but think the inventors are doing croc death rolls in the grave they were trying to rest in and are wishing they could give a backhand the level of lets say wrestler the big show backhanding mini-me one by one to each c.e.o. and member upper mgmt and just might as they cross over. :mad:

King Bev
03-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Hank-
I like you. Finally some flavor. Welcome to the Swedelson and Sodasommilier Crybaby Show.
Sit back and enjoy. It will be a long one.

All Hail the King!!! :eek:

sodasommelier
03-29-2003, 11:12 AM
SplitLevel, are you trying to blur the vision of the Focus Groups?? :D

Well, we can all show our disdain for the junky stuff by never spending so much as a penny on it!

King Bev
04-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Sodasommilileeiielr
I had drinks with your wife last night. U are sick!!!! I never thought of greasing up a Diet DR Pepper Longneck up there.
You sickyyy! :eek:

Ron Swedelson
04-02-2003, 02:36 AM
so are you a new employee for Jones or are you selling Jones in your area? Vinnedge? Columbus?

King Bev
04-02-2003, 02:46 AM
No Ronnie my boy. Just searched Jones on Google and this site came up. I just dont get it. Why would someone sit and bag on a bottle of soda for 3 years?? Some of the flavors are good. Cool labels. Isn't there a racquetball club in your area? Life is toooo short to hate. Just think of me as a superhero. "KIng Bev" the "AVENGER" .
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Smile Ronnie-Smile..... :eek:

Ron Swedelson
04-02-2003, 12:53 PM
nah, don't like racketball that much...baseball it better. Well, since you are in Santa Clara and you like Jones, you can partialy thank me for it. I was a manager of the dist. that got Jones started in your area.

King Bev
04-02-2003, 02:18 PM
I thank you sir. Sounds like U have had some issues with them. Regardless, I like them.
SOme ups and downs, but they are pretty cool.
See how nice being happy can be.
XOXOOXO
:eek:

Ron Swedelson
04-02-2003, 05:14 PM
yeah, I will agree that Jones does have some decent flavors, and that Jones Soda is a great concept. Unfortunatly I have witnesed first hand how the company deals with things, that is what has turned me against them

BottleBoss
04-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Who is this idiot KING BEV? And why is he wasting space in my thread with his stupidity? Or is it all a joke I am not in on?

ichiro
04-04-2003, 07:52 PM
cmon now bboss, he hasn't said anything less important than you have. I mean I don't believe anyone has mistaken you for Einstein. Now straighten out your tie and toupee and get back to work....your friend ichiro

King Bev
04-05-2003, 01:30 AM
Dear Bottle Boy.
Wasting space in your thread??? I am registered at Bevnet cause all this griping about a blue bubblegum soda, that kids actually like, is quite sad really. With all that is going on in the world, you would think that U "grown ups" would be doing something constructive with your time, like volunteering or spending time with your boyfriend. Life is tooo short to hate my friends.
Dont make me add U to my list Bottle Boy. :eek:

BottleBoss
04-07-2003, 09:08 AM
HA! HA! Like I you are important enough to me that I am concerned with being on your "list". What has got the two of you so upset there King Bev and Ichiro? Someone pee in your soda? And, I post here simply because I like soda. If I think a particular soda is trash, I will say so with no concern for either of your opinions. Still, the two of you are humourus in a stupid kind of way.

Your friend..... THE BOTTLE BOSS

[ 04-07-2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

BottleBoss
04-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Also, I spent a few seconds (all they are worth) thinking about those two bone heads. You know, I have never read a positive post from either of them. Only insults and attacks at other posters. I suppose someone has been peeing in their sodas!

KanKing
04-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey World Beverage, King Bev is not the KanKing. I am the KanKing. Though I loath all the talk of glass bottles and "real sugar", anything is better than the incoherent, aggitative ignorance that King Bev spews forth. That guy has diaherea of the mouth. I wonder how you have offended him so badly that he feels he must respond in such foul and stupid ways. His icon says everything about him. He is a clown. And as for Jones soda, It is the most horrible tasting thing on the face of the earth. It doesn't deserve to be in bottles or cans. I fed the small alount I tried to my dog. The dog died, I am very upset.

ichiro
04-07-2003, 04:43 PM
You are funny bottlenut...i'm not upset about anything...calling me a bonehead is quite funny...you are so very funny...now you better go, I think your boyfriend is calling for you....your good friend ,ichiro

King Bev
04-08-2003, 02:57 AM
Dear bottl boy and kan queen-
I come here in good faith to try and bring everyone together. U dont see me bagging on ANY beverage company at all. do U?? I really dont like Sobe that much but people do. That is great. I really dont like red bull but they have a huge fan base. Great for them cause their fans are happy with it and it puts a smile on their face when they drink it. Young people do like Jones Soda. They love checking the photos and drinking a bubblegum flavor. That is great.
That is all I'm saying. I really wish U both lived in Baghdad when your trivial rants and raves would be stifled by Saddam ass ****ing your mom and killing your daughters. That is something to complaign about. BE happy, be less negative and try and be a little american.
:eek: