PDA

View Full Version : Jones PR nightmare!

bigbottom
04-15-2003, 02:23 PM
Well, they previewed the Monsters garage episode and it was almost a complete disaster for the Jones Company. Within the first 10 minutes one of the team players gets pissed off and gets into a bitch fest with the host Jesse James. The next day another guy gets into it with the producer live on camera. They finally finish the job with two graffiti guys painting over the J logos.

No one was drinking Jones no one mentioned Jones and Jesse seemed thoroughly pissed that he had such a crew of little cry babies who could not stand up to the pressure and finish the job as a team.

I will have to say it was laugh riot just like the company operates in total disarray and lack of respect for others.

Nice Job Pete! redface.gif

Matt R
04-15-2003, 04:26 PM
How can the actions of a few lazy "mechanics" be construed as a PR disaster for Jones Soda, especially when Tony Hawk and Rick Thorne are the primary focus of the show? Mind you, Thorne was sporting a Jones tee-shirt the whole time and Tony Hawk was speaking of his 8 weeks on the RV.

Unless you have a dircet negative bias against the company, I'll bet not a single PR agency in the United States would agree with your view that the exposure gained from the show was negative.

If anything, the PR disaster was for the crappy band playing in the garage while they worked. (yeecch.) And perhaps for the shows producer who looked like a comple a-hole for scolding the one dude for spray painting over a rivals logo (the act of which was stupid in its own right.)And of course, his hiring of burned out nitwits as mechanics (strange how the perpetuation of childhood is oft manifested in new media culture!)

Anyway. If I'm the PR agent....I'm pretty happy.

Ron Swedelson
04-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I don't know if it was a PR disaster, but it wasnt everything that Jones wanted out of it. One of the guys there was drinking Snapple. The Jones logo was painted over. And when they showed it in Venis Beach there wasn't more than a handful of people there. Only one of them had a Jones in their hand. I know someone will come on later and say, no they only showed the begining, afterwards there were 100's of people and they were all drinking Jones. Well, if there is truth to that, its cause it was Venis Beach and there are always 1000's of people there and they will all take something for free. So please save that argument. It did not show much public interest, and the vewers probably did not stay on for long as the word "Dude" was being used way to much and was completely anoying. Past that, Jones had their RV in the pic, and did have a shirt shown by one of the riders. It was a cool shirt too. And their cooler was in the show. But past that, it would not generate much excitment over the brand. The concept was cool, and putting in the speakers and exuast was a great idea. But that is it. Oh, and using that RV was a good idea too. That RV was very old and and not in the best condition. Inside or out.

King Bev
04-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Dear FatAss, I mean Big Bottom. If you dont have Ron S. in your corner for your childish bandwagoning, U definately have some problems. Jones Soda Co just had an hour long Discovery Channel show attaching 2 of todays hottest athletes to the brand and U call it a PR nightmare. That is why U are in sales and not marketing/PR (thank God). Please get in your car and visit those chain accounts. At least Ron can be honest and that says alot. Thanks Ronnie--- :eek:

Matt R
04-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Your right Ron, the lot looked empty (For Venice beach..thats tough.) I'm an early riser..the daylight looked to be about 6am (I'm serious) maybe thats when they filmed the piece?

Back to my original point: any credible PR agency in the US of A would say that if the show cost Jones little or no $$, then it is a total homerun

Now: Did Jones have an agency for this, if so, they have a good agency!

bigbottom
04-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey Queen Piss Ant. Like Jack Nickelson said and I quote "You can't handle the truth" now go crawl in your hole before I sit on you with my big fat Ass. Hmmm I wonder if you even saw the show? Go Jones Go!!! Ra ra ra one man show!!!! Don't eat the yellow snow. Go little queeny go!You make me laugh little man. Keep it up and you will be sentenced to Jones bubble gum for life until your teeth rot out or your insides one.

That reminds me what happened to the jones gummies? :eek:

Ron Swedelson
04-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Yeah, it did look pretty early. I was trying to watch the shadows to see if I could tell the time. If they could only do it early because of the lack of crowd, then ok, I guess. But it still did not look that good to have a televised event like that with Tony Hawk and not have many people out there at all. If it was that early, the only people might have been just the crew. Anyway, Ill give them some credit on that it was a cool concept, I just don't think it was a great as they may have wanted it to be. But, a plus is that Garage Band did not make it out to play at the event. Man, they were bad.

King Bev
04-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Dear cottage cheese buns-
Of course I saw the show. Actually, I was there taking photos. Now go the Jenny Craig and get to bed early cuz you have to do that ride with at 7 am, dont you. Dont forget those sell sheets!! God, what a sad life- fat and boring. :eek:
And yes Ron it was early and a semi cold day during mid week. they blocked off the whole lot with caution tape and only had VIP's from Discovery there inside the tape(about 75 people). There were about 500-600 out on the boardwalk back away from all the camera equipment and all the props.
Hope all is great in my BEV Land tonite. Good nite and God bless.

sodasommelier
04-17-2003, 01:34 AM
Eek, drinking Jones on a cold early morning??? Sounds like a recipe to make you nauseous all day.

Well, I haven't seen that show and I'm not motivated to see it so I'm going to assume that it's not a particularly impressive one; some think it makes Jones look bad and others think it was a cheap thrill. Well, I know Jones is a bad drink to start with so I don't think that this particular circumstance helped or hurt it; rather, it left it the same as it was before.

King Bev
04-17-2003, 01:59 AM
There U are *****sodasommilieeirieer. I missed your bull****. I thought I banished U from BevLand after I caught U licking up that cottage cheese from our fat friend in Chicago?
Life has not been the same without your intelligent wisdom and your glimpes into the future. I find it hard to believe you even have time to write on this site, tearing you away from your millions of dollars you must be making with your own beverage line. With ALL your insight and wisdom --WAIT a Minute----is your real name Mr. Douglas Daft of Coca Cola??? It must be!! sorry sir. Didn't know who I was talking to.
Now get back to your Rockford Files. :eek:

King Bev
04-17-2003, 02:01 AM
Its good to be the King!!!!! :eek:

KanKing
04-17-2003, 09:15 AM
I will but in or just a few words here: If only Jones Soda actually tasted good I would jump to KingBevs side. But the stuff is nasty. It doesn't taste like bubble gum either! At least not any I have had. Maybe KingBev is talking about bubble gum that someone has already chewed. And as for that stupid episode of monster garage and the Jones R.V. getting hacked up. Who Cares! Tony Hawk? He can jump off a cliff for all I care. If Jones soda was so damn good they would still be selling it around here, but they're not! It's gone!

I AM THE KING!, KINGBEV JUST WANTS TO BE MY QUEEN, BUT THE KANKING DOES NOT BEND THAT WAY! YOU SICKO KINGBEV! I BET KINGBEV AND TONY HAWK DID HAVE A LOT OF FUN IN THE RV! THATS SICK!

bigbottom
04-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Dude!Dude!Dude! Your not in Kansas anymore. Your mother certainly didn't teach you any manners and I certainly don't think you have much brain capacity to get any now. So Say it again as it is your mantra. Dude! Jones is a dud!

Oh ya With a face like that I would paint my self up like a little girlie man as well. Hey dud how much more dribble can you come up with before the dream is over.

Poof you had me then you lost me. Oh well! Such a trife for the queen with no life. :D

Ron Swedelson
04-17-2003, 10:02 PM
Why did they block people from seeing the event up close? I know they could't allow for people to rush the RV cause it could cause Tony or the bike rider to crash. But why didn't they bring in the baracks closer? Would it have looked better for the show and for Jones to make it appear to have a lot more fans?

sodasommelier
04-19-2003, 03:11 AM
So do they show re-runs of the Rockford Files in Canada with French subtitles; is that what this is all about?? And that Jones RV must be paying homage to "Titanic" in "Trapper John M.D." In fact you can dress up as Martin Sheen and say "I'm not a king, but I play one on TV"!! :D

King Bev
04-19-2003, 12:31 PM
WOW :eek:
Is it me or has our genious friend lost it?
Seriously, what beverage company do U own cause I'm ready to work for a beverage company that "really" knows what they are doing in all aspects of dist,sales crew, marketing, acct, etc.
Please start one- U will rule the land.

Yes Ron. it would have looked better if the baracades were closer, but they used the boardwalk wall as one baracade the sand as another and the end of the lot as one. It was a Discovery call and it wasnt even announced to the public what was happening.
Wierd huh?? Thats corp. tv for ya.....

SURGE
05-01-2003, 01:41 PM
K i dont really wanna get into this too much, I dont mind a few flavors of Jones but i hate quite a few also. Still a show on the discovery channel is hardly much exposure. I mean honostly.

Ron Swedelson
05-01-2003, 03:51 PM
I would take a show on Discovery Channel on my product over not having one on TV. But again, my product was on CNN world-wide and was actualy about my product, not a promotional piece of equiptment that we used to use. But I don't expect Jones to be as good as us. But I do understand your point.