PDA

View Full Version : RB Really is Garbage!

Energydude
03-26-2004, 11:18 PM
I read a few post and Toby or Ron or someone said hey your just bashing RB!!! I thought about it for a minute and thought you know what.... I am and I should. RB really is a lousy product. If it were a car it would be a green station wagon pinto or AMC Gremlin! Does it sell? yes but, leg warmers and spandex did too. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck..... Well in this case it looks like Garbage, smells like it, and lord knows it taste like it..... Garbage! The best part is people pay a premium price for this garbage! The new thing I find interesting is that companies like Coke and Pepsi have numerous packaging options so consumers can enjoy their beverages in different settings....... NOT RB they could care less... you are going to get it in this tiny little can and like it no matter what. You want more too bad open another can. You want a lot!!! Fast!!!! too bad....open the cans!!! Amazing what you can make people do.
Dear Coke and Pepsi,

What the hell are you doing haven't you heard.... you don't need to offer your products in various containers and sizes. All you need is an 8oz. can!!! That's it!!! 2 liter bottles HAH...16 oz. PET HAH!!! 12oz. can HAH!!! Not needed!!! Bag in a box HaH !!!!! NOT NEEDED!!!!! All you need is a 8oz. teeny tiny bitch like can. That is it!!! The masses will follow. Forget choice.. Forget convenience...Forget Everything!!!! All you need is the little 8oz. can!

Sincerely,

Energydude
President
8ozcans rule Inc.
www.Ilove8ozbitchlikecans.com (http://www.Ilove8ozbitchlikecans.com)

Energydude
03-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Just my Opinion!

Startup Dude
04-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Edude, when I read your continuous sales pitch loop, in an ever increasing number of different threads (it’s as entertaining as watching CNN headline news for 48 hours straight), you keep referring to taste: product X taste like a** or s***, mine taste better, etc.

Here's a quote (from memory) from a novel I read recently (Syrup by Maxx Barry):
"Never, ever discuss taste. Taste is 90% psychological and it doesn't sell.. It’s all about the image of the beverage"

I think there is a lot of truth in this statement. You will never convince anyone that the product they normally drink tastes like s*** or a** and it is never a good argument in a sales pitch. I do think taste is important, but trashing other product to elevate your product is not a good idea.

Startup Dude
04-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Just my opinion!

Energydude
04-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Point made.... its not all about taste...it's about smell, look, mixability and packaging. RB fails in those four areas too! Packaging.. one little 8oz. can and that is it! Smell.. no comment needed here... Look ...it looks like a Urine sample... Mixability.... only mixes with Vodka.... What it does show me is what a bunch of followers we are. Take a very expensive poor looking and tasting product and it sells??? I guess Ford sold a lot of Pinto's!!! Thank god times change.... and they will for RB too.
SumPoosie is a better product....Remember this..

Nothing is good or bad except by comparison!
Compare price
Compare look
Compare taste
Compare mixability
Compare packaging
SumPoosie wins them all! This is not an advertisement just my and many others opinion.

toby1
04-05-2004, 06:03 PM
edude...you crack me up...
I AM going to defend RB because you are such a two headed snake oil salesman.

Packaging - RB has 6 SKUs... SP has what? ONE!?!?

Mixibility - RB wrote the book on mixibility with energy drinks! They were the first to mix energy drinks with alcohol. And JUST Vodka? are you freakin kidding me? you say you spend so much time in the onpremise market and you make that OBSERD statement? you are either a professional BullSh*tter or you truly dont listen to others. There are literally hunderds of drinks out there with RB in them.

Taste/Smell - we will leave that to the masses. Its called a taste pallet, and everyones is as different as there DNA or Finger print. I for one like the taste and smell of RB.

Looks - you want to question the apperence of RB when your drink is PINK? I dont know any Heterosexual Male that would want to be dead in a club with a PINK drink while trying to pick up a chick!

Your feable attempts at insulting and boarder line liebel of RB are getting really old!
Not to mention disrespecting the company that made the category you cash your payroll checks from! AMAZING.......
How about shuting up about RB or just say THANK YOU! I am sure no one would miss your rants and senseless bantering.

Startup Dude
04-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Edude, I don't need to compare: I do not drink "energy" beverages. I certainly do not need the sugar.

Don't even bother pitching me your 0 cal., 0 carb., 0 taste beverage, I don't see the point of an energy drink without the sugar. If I need caffeine, i'll enjoy a coffee (0 cal.!)

By the way, when your target market purchases an energy drink, I certainly do not think they do a comparative analysis based on your criteria. Remember, it's all about the image when marketing a beverage. Read the Bevnet review for SP and I quote: "Regardless, we wouldn't be caught dead walking around with a product like this -- no matter how it tastes." Understand?

[ 04-05-2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Startup Dude ]

Energydude
04-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Your in a bar and your walking around with SumPoosie in your hand and a hot girl on the bottle and every time you order a drink you get to order SumPoosie with it. Yeah your right what fun is that. Much better to be a me too and order a crappy nasty tasting little can! Yeah that's cool! :rolleyes:

Energydude
04-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Maybe the French are on to something!!!!!!
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/index.php?newsid=5753

:D

Startup Dude
04-06-2004, 07:31 AM
I heard about that RB banning issue in Europe a while now. Now, that's not good for image!

This reminds me of a quote from one of the best Seinfeld episode ever(Kenny Rogers Chicken, I just changed one word):

"[Kramer opens his window revealing a banner saying "BAD RB"]

Kramer: Hey, stay away from the RB, bad RB, mess you up.

Seth: That's not going to be good for business.

Jerry: That's not going to be good for anybody."

:D

toby1
04-06-2004, 09:51 AM
edude, you just dont get it. I guess your too old.

Also I rebutted your comments on RB ... and you just ignore them. Your like that, in the past and even more so now.
Someone puts you in your place when you give your sales pitch or bashing of another companys product, THEN YOU SHUT UP! Thats awesome! thanks! keep it up, we all appreciate it.

Energydude
04-06-2004, 10:43 AM
As usual Toby you bring nothing to the table and your defense of RB is garbage too. People make hundreds of drinks with RB ........ Crap Toby, they make it with Vodka or Pour it into Jager! Anything to hide the taste! Yes SumPoosie is Pink but what color do you like yours Toby????
Yeah I know you want something cool like Urine Yellow yeah.... that's cool! The French banned it and I look for others to do the same. Kids drinking 10mgs. of caffeine per oz. is just not a good idea. But we all know anything that comes out of Austria can't be all bad right!......wait a minute wasn't Hitler from Austria? Anyone know for sure?

Startup Dude
04-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Edude, you've sunk to new lows. You're last comment was really offensive and out of place for this board.

And BTW, if you'd actually read your article you posted earlier, you'd notice that SP would not be allowed for sale in France either!!!

Also note that SP would not be allowed for sale in Canada either. I guess we're on to something...

toby1
04-06-2004, 03:40 PM
so let me get this straight edude.
Your saying Hitler wasnt all bad????
Wow that is a new low for even YOU edude!

My defense was garbage? well ... how many different packaging DOES SP have? cause RB has 6!

Pink? .... lets all read BEVNETS review on your PINK drink! and lets all ask each other would they really want a PINK drink in their hand while chattin w/a lady in a club? (maybe the other way around - lady chattin with a guy)

Lastly, who else thinks or believes that I bring NOTHING to this board? If there is just one person that agrees with you edude then Ill join the rest of the members who have said GOOD-BYE!

Energydude
04-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Nice try Toby I said, anything that comes out of Austria can't be all bad! I wasn't sure if that evil came from Austria or not for sure. I have since looked it up and I am sorry to say he does.
I am sorry I even brought it up! :(

Energydude
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Wow Toby your manhood must not be very secure if you are worried about a pink drink in your hand. If SumPoosie wasn't pink what color would you have it Toby???

toby1
04-06-2004, 06:24 PM
MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE LOOKED IT UP FIRST! Typical edude, open mouth - insert foot!

Also its not about my heterosexual security, its about me and every other man out there wanting to hook up with a lady at a club, and a PINK drink IS NOT going to land us that score! maybe you are landing all kinds action in your "alternative" clubs that YOU edude frequent where EVERY man is drinking a "PINK" drink! LOL!

You ask me what color should it be? .... how bout a dark shade of "I DONT GIVE A $H*T"!

glassbottlesrule
04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
I usually stay off edudes post but I just couln't leave this one alone. If we read the article about France we see the French gov is banning RB and other bad energy-enhanced foods, like Kellog's cereal and Dannon yougert. We all know how bad that stuff is. I know you will say I do not know what I am talking about, but the first thing I learned twenty-five years ago when I got into sales was "never trash your competition, it's unprofessional" If you make a good product of offer a above-average service it will sell.

glassbottlesrule
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Also, I notice you trash Austria easily. Have you ever been there? I work for an Austrian company that produces automated production equipped that is considered the state of the art in its cat. I make numerous trip all over the world. I find the Austrian to be cultered, intelligent fun loving people. The country is beautiful and the birthplace of Germanic culture.

Ron Swedelson
04-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Edude, sell your drink to AisaSF in San Francisco, that croud would go for it.
Why not just order Cosmos in a bar? Its just something that a single guy, or most guys would do. I would not order a pink drink in a club or bar. Piss yellow, so you got a problem with the color of most beers (color depending on persons level of dehydration). Tequilla, problem with that because it looks like piss? Smell of drink, unless its a wine or micro, no need to smell your drink. Rookie mistake most teens dont learn untill after they have been sick to many times, dont smell your drink. Hey if you are at a stip club or bachelor party, sure, fun to walk around with a bottle with some girl on it. But why not walk around a club or bar holding open a play boy center fold. Yeah, you will get the girls to look at you just like with SP, but its not the look you want. You say why doesnt coke or pepsi change their size to 8oz if its so great. Well why dont they change their color to pink? Edude, outside of a few nitch places, I just dont see your drink making it. I could be wrong, and if I am, doesnt effect my pocket one bit. I just hate that my head and eyes have to pay for it now when I see your pointless rants. You keep saying you have been in this busines for decades. Well stop selling to all us non-buyers and chime in on topics you have usefull input for.

Energydude
04-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Ron I started buying 4 pallets of SumPoosie a year ago and now I am up to 40 pallets in 12 months! Not going to make it??? I am not selling on this board, I know you guys are not buying but what I am telling you is there is something really cool and exciting going on. This product is really taking off! The new bottle is really outrageous and it's exciting!
The BIB was an accident corportate asked me to ask my customers about it and most said hell yes bring it in! After talking to many owners and bartenders I voiced an opinion that is out there and that is the little cans are a pain in the butt and expensive and wasteful!!! The solution seems to go with the gun and after 2 weeks not one customer wants to go back! Progress...improve upon what is .... you can't tell me the little can is it, you can't tell me we can't improve upon it and make it better.
I am bringing new exciting things that are going on in the industry. I am not looking to pick fights I am simply telling you what is going on in the field. THE DEMAND for BIB is overwhelming and is clear indication that a shift is going on.
RB will have to follow or the WILL lose market share. You can't compete with the speed and ease and cost effectiveness of a gun. Not in little 8 oz. cans, it cost over 50% more and bars want that money plain and simple. :D

Ron Swedelson
04-08-2004, 01:37 PM
That is good you are selling a lot of Sum Poosie. I have still yet to see it in my area, so I cant be to excited over it yet. Same with the BIB, came in this area a few years ago, and left almost as quickly. No bars over here around SF have been asking for it, or even want to switch from RB, because it sells. And some things are not worth saving money on. My condo. is in San Ramon, and just because were it sits, it is probably worth about 10 times as much per square foot as were you live, or to try not to make it a personal attack, worth much more per square foot than many places in this country. Now I could just pack up and leave to get more value for my money, or I could stay and enjoy what I have and the quality of life that comes with it. That is not to say you cant have quality anywere else. Just as to say TP BIB may be great for some people, other dont mind the extra money for what they want. I will not order a shasta when I can get my Diet Coke. You last post was one of your better. You did not really try to sell in that one. But look at all your other posts and how you go on and on about the models, the calories, the events. That is selling. You know who I work for, and so do many other people. But how much have I talked about my company or brand? Last time was when you brought it up. My product sells very well and I am proud of what I do. But I dont need to jump on here and yell to everyone how great it is. Most products will speak for themselves. Glad you have energy, just save it for important topics or when you are selling your brand on the street.

Energydude
04-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Ron this topic is about RB being garbage!!! Try to focus for a minute and tell me why you think RB is a good product. Then I want you to tell me what is bad about the product. Give me the good and the bad.

Good about RB - 1) They sell alot of it.

Bad about RB - 1) It looks bad.
2) It taste bad
3) It smells bad
4) Does not mix well with most liquor
5) Very expensive
6) Foreign Made
7) Only comes in a little can
8) Gives you wings??? Wings are for fairies!

Need I go on......

toby1
04-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Bad about RB -
1) It looks bad. *** your opinion edude***
2) It taste bad *** again your opinion***
3) It smells bad *** once more, opinion***
4) Does not mix well with most liquor *** since when? Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Champagne, Gin all very good w/RB***
5) Very expensive ***compared to what?***
6) Foreign Made *** wow a Fact!***
7) Only comes in a little can *** has 6 SKUs what does SP or TP have?***
8) Gives you wings??? Wings are for fairies! *** fairies? and PINK is for what?***

The only fact you gave there is where its made edude, like Ron said, youve got us spinning! I am dizzy! which way is up?

toby1
04-08-2004, 07:11 PM
BEVNETS opinion on SP.
"We know what you are thinking -- why on earth did anyone come up with a product like this? Well, we have no idea either. Perhaps they are hoping that the novelty of how obnoxious this concept is will generate some sales. Regardless, we wouldn't be caught dead walking around with a product like this -- no matter how it tastes. It's a bit over the line and will have serious trouble getting retail locations aside from strip clubs to carry it."

Theres an opinion that edude doesnt want anyone to read. Oh and BEVNET gave SP ONE (1) star out of FIVE (5).

Energydude
04-08-2004, 08:11 PM
And the brand just continues to grow.... maybe BEVNET doesn't know everything but they are entitled to their opinion.

Ron Swedelson
04-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Good

Red Bull is not for thirst quenching. I do not enjoy the flavor of it, but many I talk to do.
Red Bull created this catagory, thank them everyday for that.
$2 is not expensive, at least not for me.
Functional beverage that works.
Simple but good designed logo.
Sponsor of many events that turn out high crouds of people.
Obviously mixes well or would not be selling over a million cases to on-premis in the US each year.
Color does not bother me, although a pink beverage would.
As bad as their comercial may appear, it appeals to everyone and does not close anyone off. Only fairies have wings? Stretching that a little arnt you. If you drink Sum Poosie, are you then a Poosie, or can you only say "Man, the only way I could get sum poosie tonight was if I bought it in a bottle."
Bad
They sell so much, they have so much money, that they croud every avalible space, then buy what they cant get for free.
Many stores will not give other items a chance because they say "all I can sell is Red Bull" or "Red Bull sells enough so I dont need other drinks"
Since they created the catagory and have been unbelivably succesful, they have created a spot for many copy cats to come to market, 80% of which should not even waste ours or the stores time.

Energydude
04-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Ron it's David and Goliath! SumPoosie is Pink that is true .... but what other color should it be? :confused: At 25 cents per oz. it is a very expensive product Ron no matter how you slice it.
In many of my locations SumPoosie outsells any other energy drink 4 to 1. People have fun with it bartenders and customers alike. BEVNET said, "Oh goodness the name of this product oh my!" What bars do you people go to???? Buttery Nipple, Sex on the Beach, BLOW JOB, these drinks have been around for ever!!! SumPoosie comes along and its over the top? Grow up... its 2004 not 1974 every hip hop song is talking about sex or drugs and Poosie the Cat is over the top? Who is not thinking of SumPoosie when the go to a club or bar??? Who doesn't want to meet one of the Bottle Models??? They are the most beautiful women in the world. RB has done well but it is not the end all be all. When you break it down it is expensive and unpleasant. Who wants wings? Wings are for fairies. If drinking SumPoosie makes me one......well you know what they say... You are what you eat! :cool:

Ron Swedelson
04-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Well what way are you going with your name? Poosie the cat or Poosie the Pu$$y? When it comes to color or it being on your mind its Pu$$y, but when it comes to people questioning its marketability, its the cat. Can't play both ways.
$2 a can is not expensive to me, and obviously many others do not feel that way either. If you feel you offer a great bargin for your size and price, then great, good for you. It all depends on what you want and how much quality you think there is to it. I would not feel that great about paying $5 for a Bud or Coors at a ball game, but you give me a good micro brew, and Ill pay $10 for it. If its what you want, then who cares.
You keep bringing up mixed drink names. No one on here has disagreed that your dink can or should sell in a bar/club. But lets see you get the corp. authorizations. The Chevrons, the Albertsons, the 7-11's. You know your name limits you there. Red Bull is a company that has done it right from day one. Very simple logo and design. Nothing flashy. They did the grass roots campaign. And they have kept at what they are doing and have been extrmely succesful. I really dont know what other company has had that type of success that quickly.
You are now being just like all the other me-too companies that say "We are different than RB, we are not even on the same page. We do this and that, and we have twice this and no bull." Booty Juice was a funny song from "Fear of a Black Hat" Poosie in a bottle is just a sad joke. Keep telling yourself how bad RB is, and how great you are. Go sell a million cases, then realize that RB still sells more than 10 times that. You dont have to like RB as a brand, you dont have to like its flavor. But you sound like a dumb@ss when you say a company like that is stupid and their customers dont know any better and that brand should go underground. If you are concerned with what you eat and drink, maybe you should take a second look at that bottle. Might not be Sum Poosie, might be Arrogant Bastard Ale from Stone Brewing. Go ask RB if you can go down on them as a thank you for creating this catagory or else you would have crap to sell.

Energydude
04-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Well if nothing else at least your spelling is getting better Ron. 25 cents an ounce is not expensive huh....... how would you like to pay 4 dollars for that 16 oz. Diet Coke Ron? 25 cents is expensive for a product that looks and taste awful. Like I said before Ford sold a lot of Pinto's but that didn't mean it was a great car!
RB is a fad like and will have to adapt over time to keep market share. Little cans do not cut it all the time. By the way Ron which Bottle Model is your favorite?

Ron Swedelson
04-10-2004, 01:14 AM
I would pay the $4 for my diet coke. Because that is my beverage of choice. I pay it at a ball game, I pay it when I get a soda at my hotel room mini-bar. If that were the price, I would pay it. You could put a Coke or anything else next to it, and I would say "no way, over priced". But I dont mind paying for what I want. But part of that argument that is flawed, is that Diet Coke did not come out at $4 a bottle. Red Bull has kept their price point for many years, which many other product have not been able to do. Red Bull started out high to pay for profits, advertising, and to keep their price intact for years to come. Now my product, which sells to most stores for the low to mid $20 range, originaly was sold for $39 a case. We were then able to come down. So the price point, its all relative, the flavor, I agree with you that as an opinon, it tastes like crap. But there are to many people who do enjoy its flavor and do buy it because it works, so you cant just write off the brand. If anything, ALL OTHER DRINKS have had to adapt to try and get market share. Red Bull has done pretty good to obtain an almost 70% market share.
The drawings look good for the bottle models, but they are just drawings. I know they are of girls, but just doesnt impress me. Show me their real picture or which Play Boy they are in and then I will give my opinion on them. Untill then, just very well drawn porn.

Energydude
04-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Life is too short to drink a lousy tasting energy drink!!!

It shows what a nation of followers we really are.
Remember the pet rock! Marketing Marketing Marketing... nasty stuff in a little can and sells for a premium price? Gives you wings???? the commercials are just awful!!!

When you break it down its just an awful product.
Pet Rock was cool for a while and so was spandex.
In a few years RB will be as cool as leg warmers.

toby1
04-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Ok ...I gotta chime in.

RB is a fad? does this mean that the energy drink cat. is a fad?
What makes SP immune from the "FAD" monster?
RB has been around for 17 years. Steadaly growing year after year. Yet its a fad?

I just LMFAO at edude and his round and round sales pitchs, defense of his short lived product, and his creditablity.
He does get us dizzie huh ron?
ZERO consistancy in his rebutals.

Energydude
04-10-2004, 04:05 PM
When I say FAD I am talking more about its current popularity. I think RB will always be around but I think 20 years from now our children will ask us, "Why did everyone drink that nasty yellow stuff back in the late 90's???"

SumPoosie has legs and will continue to be around because there is never a shortage of new great looking Bottle Models.

SumPoosie is soon going to have a complete clothing line. Bubble Gum, Blow Pops, and Lip Balm is also coming out this summer. What's better than having SumPoosie on your lips? :D

ichiro
04-11-2004, 02:12 AM
energydork, your like a porn peddler. Probably wear big chains around your neck and strut around in polyster suits. Your product pushing won't save you. Even dirk diggler's days were numbered.

Energydude
04-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Now Itchy you have never had anything important to say and we wouldn't want to break your amazing streak would we? Why not buy an expensive little can of nasty yellow stuff sit back and say nothing! Its ok were all use to it! ;)

Ron Swedelson
04-11-2004, 02:25 PM
But Edude, I dont think your product tastes that great. So does that mean it will go away soon? Yeah, it probably will, but not based on my opinion.
Now here are some more of your sales pitches that go in circle.

Energydude
Member # 1203 posted 04-10-2004 01:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to drink a lousy tasting energy drink!!!

It shows what a nation of followers we really are.
Remember the pet rock! Marketing Marketing Marketing... nasty stuff in a little can and sells for a premium price? Gives you wings???? the commercials are just awful!!!

When you break it down its just an awful product.
Pet Rock was cool for a while and so was spandex.
In a few years RB will be as cool as leg warmers.

So you say we are all just followers and its jut the marketing that makes us like this crappy drink. So we all make bad choices based on marketing.
yet...
SumPoosie has legs and will continue to be around because there is never a shortage of new great looking Bottle Models.
Isnt that just marketing?
Edude, keep your sales pitches to the stip clubs and the porn shoots. Feel free to be the #1 sponsor of all porn shoots because of your great drawings on your bottles. But to say RB will go away, even after they have been around for almost 2 decades and contiune to grow at great rates and have a huge market share, more than any 10 other energy drinks combined. Yet, Sum Poosie, which most of us have not even seen in 1 store will last because it has drawings on it. I am sure SP loves having you sell their product for them because you are so gung ho, but if you cant see the limited marketing in this product, then I dont know whats wrong with you.

Energydude
04-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Ummmmm. Ron that is the whole point of this thread. SP looks better taste better and mixes much better than the yellow stuff. But my point is that when you break it down RB is a lousy product. It does not look good smell good or taste good. It has been the cool thing to do with vodka but that comes and goes Ron. Is RB going away .... no.... will it continue its total domination if it does not evolve no! I just find it interesting that you see no merits in BIB when it has been a huge advantage in every product it has dispensed for 30 years! Remember 30 years ago Kmart was it and Walmart was NOBODY!!!.. things change Ron...... things change!

toby1
04-12-2004, 09:32 AM
yeah things DO change edude but things also stay the same.
*the F150 is the best selling truck 25 yrs running!
*McDs is still on top!
*HomeDepot started the home improvement whse and now they are still on top.
*Gatorade is still at 80+% mkt share.
*(Boston fans ..please dont hate me) NY Yankees have 26 WS championships they are still consider a dynasty.

You can throw out the pinto and pet rock crap all you want but when a company puts time effort and money behind their product, and makes it availible to ALL consumers at a resonable price with excellent marketing etc. then it will never fail!

Just admit it ...Your BEAT! RB HAS BEATIN YOU EVEN BRFORE THE THOUGHT OF YOU SELLING AN ENERGY DRINK CROSSED YOUR MIND!!!

Energydude
04-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Your comparing RB to McDonalds???? RB has had success here in the USA since 1997 and you are comparing them to McDonalds????? LOL !!!!!!
Your cute Toby go play with your new train set!

Ron
04-12-2004, 01:49 PM
What is RB?

toby1
04-12-2004, 02:31 PM
"R"ed "B"ull

Energydude
04-12-2004, 05:19 PM
No... RB stands for REALLY BAD!

toby1
04-12-2004, 06:10 PM
you are correct SHADYdude. however you left out the parenthesis!

(KICKING "SPs" BUTT) "R"eally "B"ad.

LOL

Energydude
04-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Simply not a good product and very expensive for what you get. It had a nice run but it will lose steam over the next few years and others will begin to prosper!

Ron Swedelson
04-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Edude, you said Toby cant compare RB to McD's, but you have do so many times in the past. You think RB is expensive, but it has opened, and kept that price since day 1. If it were truly expensive and did not work, everyone would buy the cheaper knockoffs. So there is obviously something to the drink and the price.
What is the SRP on SP, for a store to sell a bottle, and for a dist. to sell to a store (I wont ask what you sell to a dist. for because thats your companies busines and not mine).

toby1
04-12-2004, 07:19 PM
wow!
I had no idea that we all were blessed by the presence of a PROPHET!

SHADYdude, do you have a crystal ball? or do you just glaze into those "bottles" wishing for an ounce of profit and success. Or maybe ou moved onto card board boxes with PAW prints on them? Either way I would venture to say that no one here on this board (except you) believes that RB will "loose" steam in two years! They have had a growth in units/dollars/markets/categorys/countrys/profits/etc. for the last 17+ years. I dont think that the SECOND WAVE of BIBs will slow down RB at all.

Energydude
04-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Ron... what I am saying is that the fad has short legs now! After all the hype people will begin to realize it is not that cool to drink nasty tasting junk! People will see it for what it is not for what it was. Like I said I have seen things come and go hell not too long ago wine coolers were the IN thing. How about now?

Toby I find it interesting that you think posting a sign clearly telling customers what you are going to serve them is illegal and shady??? You are being told from the start what the bar serves and somehow you think that gives you the right to order something else??? Why have menus posted behind the counter like at McDonalds ???? The reason is so you KNOW WHAT TO ORDER!!!! IF the sign says we serve COKE PRODUCTS EXCLUSIVELY should someone have to tell you you are getting a Coke when you order a Pepsi????? You can order a McCheeseburger all you want at Wendy's and all your going to get is THEIR CHEESEBURGER!!! DUH! :confused:

toby1
04-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:

Toby I find it interesting that you think posting a sign clearly telling customers what you are going to serve them is illegal and shady??? You are being told from the start what the bar serves and somehow you think that gives you the right to order something else??? Why have menus posted behind the counter like at McDonalds ???? The reason is so you KNOW WHAT TO ORDER!!!! IF the sign says we serve COKE PRODUCTS EXCLUSIVELY should someone have to tell you you are getting a Coke when you order a Pepsi????? You can order a McCheeseburger all you want at Wendy's and all your going to get is THEIR CHEESEBURGER!!! DUH! :confused: You are either STUPID edude or a master at the SPIN!
1)since when is YOUR lil sign Clearly stating what you are giving them?
2)"being told what the bar serves, what gives me the right to order differently?" ... are you kidding me? maybe cause Im the customer!
3)your lil SIGN is NOT a menu! its a lame attempt at trying to get around passing off!!
4)if I do order a McCheeseburger at Wendys ...they tell me its NOT a McCheeseburger. or would you want them to point (at the menu) and GRUNT?

Again....a generic sign with ZERO specifics posted in order to FOOL the customer is an attempt to reliquish you of all legalitys!

Im trying to help you and you think you know it all, and you think Im just some young know-nothing punk!
It is "Bringing something of use" ...like you always ask for!

Your welcome!

Energydude
04-12-2004, 11:53 PM
How is delivering a great tasting RED ENERGY DRINK OUT OF A GUN PASSING OFF ?????? PASSING OFF WHAT????????? WHO IS GOING TO MISTAKE A RED ENERGY DRINK OUT OF A GUN FOR RB ???? RB DOES NOT COME OUT OF A GUN AND IS NOT RED AND..... THERE IS A SIGN LETTING EVERYONE KNOW THE CLUB SELLS ITS OWN ENERGY DRINK!!! PASSING OFF WHAT ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????
WHO IN GODS NAME IS GOING TO MISTAKE A RED ENERGY DRINK OUT OF A GUN FOR RB NO ONE!!!! SO WHAT PASSING OFF ARE YOU TALKING ???

THE SIGN TELLS YOU YOU ARE GETTING THE CLUBS OWN ENERGY DRINK.

Order what you want just understand when you order energy you get the bars version. Period!

Argue until you are blue in the face Toby you can't pass of a Red Energy Drink out of a Gun as RB. There is simply no mistaking it hence no passing off!!! Different look, smell, and taste!

Energydude
04-13-2004, 12:02 AM
And another thing........ fool the customer??????
Toby the signs lets the customer know before he even orders what he is going to get. How is that fooling the customer????? There is no desire to fool the customer the bar is upfront and letting everyone know that upon order an energy drink the club serves only its own..... nothing wrong with that at all and you know it.

toby1
04-13-2004, 12:03 AM
ok SHADYdude. you win the arguement, but not the issue!

Im not saying another HELPFUL word to you.

You just dont get it.

Im sure youll get the CEASE and DECEST letter from the RB lawyers! or at least a copy from the bar owners!

Good luck in court pal.

Energydude
04-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Toby give it a rest.... RB is paying bars to keep out competition and you see no problem with that.
Give it a rest..... quit defending nasty yellow junk and go sell some beer!

toby1
04-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Oh I will sell some Beer!! and I do it very well.

Why dont you go "SELL" some TP BIB instead of "PASSING IT OFF".

When I order a drink at a bar I want what I ordered....if I cant get what I ordered....dont PASS OFF another brand as to what I had ordered and NOT tell me!

So if I order a beer that I cant see displayed or advertised, and the bar DOESNT carry it, the bartender can serve me WHATEVER? without first discussing it with me? Because Im "STUPID" or an "IDIOT"?
thats some way of treating the people that will make or break your business! .... oh wait Im sorry, you just sell to the distributors, and its their prob to get ride of the BIBs!
So in fact you could care less for the consumers cause they are not "YOUR" direct customers! they are just STUPID and IDIOTIC!

How have you stayed in business for as long as you say have is beyond me!

Coco Rico
04-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and by now E-Dude, we all pretty much know where you stand in regards to Red Bull. And you know what, that's cool with me. Be passionate, stand your ground, I'm all for it. It really doesn't affect me in the slightest. But for god's sake, do a little homework.

Look, I personally can't stand Starbucks. They depress me. I always try to go to the local owned coffeeshop to get my caffiene fix. But I'll be damned if I don't respect the hell out of that company. They have a simple concept, brilliant marketing, and the money and ambition to move their business forward. If I ever wanted to compete with them as a coffee house, first I'd have to get over my personal bias and accept that reality. They clearly know what they're doing.

You my friend have allowed emotion to cloud better judgement. It's understandable that you want Red Bull to just go away. I get it. But just because you wish for something doesn't mean you'll get it. To say Red Bull as a product is a fad, and to say Red Bull as a company is misguided is a dangerous delusion. Unfortunately for you, Red Bull's success in the U.S. wasn't a mistake, and it wasn't by accident. It was deliberate, cautious, and incredibly organized.

Take everything you think you know about them, and it barely scratches the surface. Their roots run deep, and their motivation even deeper. If you truly think that painted women on a bottle of pink liquid give you a competitive advantage over them, then you've lost before you even started. If you think that temporarily getting a handfull of bars to switch to a different product will make any difference whatsoever, then I feel sorry for you.

Feel free to rant with some sort of rebuttal, I'd expect nothing less. However, nothing you say will ever change reality. You sir are a fad, your SP and your BIB are feeble attempts to enter a category you clearly do not understand. At the end of the day actions and numbers speak far louder than words. Where will your products be in a year? 5 years? 10? Have you even thought that far ahead? Red Bull has. Where will they be? Who knows? But whatever the future holds, nothing you or I could ever say will possibly affect that outcome. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

CR

[ 04-13-2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Coco Rico ]

Energydude
04-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Coco again you have missed out on the entire point of this thread!!! Starbucks serves a variety of very high quality products.

RB serves one product in one package!

The PRODUCT is in my opinion Garbage!!!
It looks bad smells bad and taste even worse!!!

As far as the marketing or business focus etc... Who cares??? I am talking about the nasty product they produce and have so far pushed on the American public. The coolness will wear off because it always does and people will look back and say, "Wow remember when we used to buy that crap for 2 bucks a pop!"

10 years from now RB will be as popular as Spandex and Leg Warmers!

toby1
04-13-2004, 09:29 AM
SHADYdude...Coco said do a little homework.
Red Bull has 2 products and 6 packages!
In order to compete with your opponet one should know them first. I dont see ANY MLB pitcher just walking out to the mound and throwing a baseball. They do research PAL!
When you say Red Bull has 1 product and 1 package, it makes you look ignorant and not well versed!

Three years ago would anyone think Red Bull would have a 4 pack? or even Sugar Free? NO!!
So as COCO said who know what they have in store for the next 3 years. Your painted bottles and soon to be candy/etc. as well as the BIB will not affect Red Bull one bit.

Good luck in COURT SHADYdude!

"PASSING OFF IS A BI#*H!"

Energydude
04-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Yeah... I know RB has a sugar free too but I never see anyone buy it so its like they still only have one real product. As far as passing off .... look it up! No one is trying to PASS OFF anything as being something else. You can't confuse RB with a great tasting RED energy drink out of a gun! The sign lets the customer know what they will be served before they even order it!!!

And.... once again I still hear very few people talking about the product itself...... the reason?
What can you say about stuff that looks bad and taste bad!

Ron Swedelson
04-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Edude, you said how could the customer be fooled? Does your sign say what energy drink is being served? No, why not? So if someone asked for a Red Bull, and there is nothing to tell them that RB is not offered, or only brand X is offered, and the bartender doesnt say anything and sells the customer a drink of TP BIB and vodka, when the customer asked for RB and vodka. That doesnt seem like fooling the customer or passing off as another drink. Customers are not always informed of how their drinks are served, they may see it come from the gun and say "Oh, it must be darker now cause it is not in a can." How is that not passing off or fooling the customer?
Yes, at McD's and BK and wendys, when you ask for a coke or pepsi, they will tell you if they dont order it. I still always out of habit order a Diet Coke at KFC, and they tell me "Is Diet Pepsi ok?" Because they know you cant sell something passed off as another item.
See now you have a problem with your arguments. I think Starbucks is overpriced and tastes like crap. I have tried many different drinks there, and can only stand the hot chocolate, and even that is not great. I only order my drinks as small med or large there, I will not use their sizes of grande and ventie and whatever else. So my stance on Starbucks is the same as yours on RB. People can go down the street and get another coffee for less money, or go home and make it for 40 cents. So since I think Starbucks is a bad product, cought on with fire, and is way over priced, they must be going away soon and that everybody should agree with me? No. But why, because unlike you, I can open the shutters around my eyes and see the whole picture and understand that my opinion is just that, my opinion. Unlike you with RB, I can appreciate the way Starbucks has gone about and grown their busines and become a household name. Their busines approach has turned them into the market leader and not a fad. I can respect that. Why can't you with RB?

Energydude
04-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Ron the sign does let the customer know what they are being served it's on the sign. The signs clearly let the customer know what he or she will be getting before they even order. A great tasting Red Energy drink is not going to be confused as being RB or any other drink Ron and would not be considered "Passing Off" especially when there is a sign posted letting all customers know that the bar serves its own energy drink. How can you suggest the bar is trying to trick anyone when a sign is posted telling you what you are going to get!!!

toby1
04-13-2004, 01:58 PM
maybe Im missing something.....does SHADYdudes lil sign state a Products name?
Has he said the name of the product here?

NO and NO!

So his defense that the product is "CLAERLY STATED ON THE SIGN" is false!
Why doesnt he clearly state the name here and on the sign?
The same reason he doesnt answer anyones questions .... it will admit guilt and the fact that hes wrong!

I guess he has been read his MERANDA right too much! "You have the right to remain silent"

LOL!!!! ;)

Coco Rico
04-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Again, please know the facts. Here's another example of speaking without accepting reality:

E-Dude said...

Yeah... I know RB has a sugar free too but I never see anyone buy it so its like they still only have one real product. The following is a list of the top 10 energy drink skus in the country according to the most recent AC Nielsen data:

1. Red Bull
2. Red Bull Sugarfree
3. Sobe Adrenaline Rush
4. Monster
5. Amp
6. Red Bull 4-pack
7. Rockstar
8. Sobe No Fear
9. Red Bull Sugarfree 4-pack
10 Diet Rockstar

But I guess AC Nielsen must be wrong, because you clearly don't see it selling...

CR

toby1
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
no homework huh COCO?
This SHADYdude cracks me up.
I would love to see him do a sales presentation!

LOL!

Energydude
04-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey Coco I guess everyone gets an A when they grade their own papers!!!

I have never seen anyone drink a sugar free can of yellow stuff....never!

Energydude
04-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Toby only you are dumb enough to order something the bar tells you it does not serve!

toby1
04-13-2004, 07:19 PM
WHERE IN YOUR "PASSING OFF" LIL SIGN DOES IT SAY "NO RED BULL"?

Hah! Ok then! now whos the DUMB one a-hole?

toby1
04-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:
Hey Coco I guess everyone gets an A when they grade their own papers!!!

I have never seen anyone drink a sugar free can of yellow stuff....never! well I have "NEVER" seen a bottle of your PINK CRAP....take that back ..... here on BEVNETS review I have!

Demand without Distribution = FAILURE!
Distribution without Demand = FAILURE!

Hell edude you dont have either .... so does that give you success from cancelling out the two?? :D

Ron Swedelson
04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Edude, you dont see how it is passing off when someone askes for a specific drink, and it is sold as that? What beverage does your sign say and what doest the bartenders say when someone askes for a RB and whatever? Were in the sign does it say that RB is not served and only TP BIB is sold? Just because your drink is Red does not mean people will just assume it is TP BIB. Taste is of your opinion, not the people buying the drink. So when they ask for it, you are ripping them off and doing illegaly. I hope you or one of your bars gets sued by RB. I really can't believe you are this dumb. And how RB is so bad, yet you have to trick people into drinking your drink. To bad that if they like it, they will still order RB at other bars since they have no idea what they are really being served. Ever think about that?

Energydude
04-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Ron you are not that dumb!

Once again, the bars all have large signs that state the following:

WE SERVE OUR OWN GREAT TASTING ENERGY DRINK, UPON ORDERING "ANY" ENERGY DRINK YOU WILL BE SERVED OUR GREAT TASTING DRINK. THANK YOU. MANAGEMENT!

There is no attempt to trick customers at all and in fact the bars offer FREE samples and customers LOVE IT!!!!

If someone is still too stupid to order what the bar tells you they serve??? Give me a BREAK! You deserve what you get when you are too dumb to order what is on the MENU!!!!!

No one is tricking a customer by giving them a great tasting RED DRINK!!!!