PDA

View Full Version : Way too much..... Beware!!!

Energydude
08-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Some of these so called energy drinks in 16 and 24 oz. cans are more than they seem to be. With 2 or 3 servings per can and customers drinking the entire can at one sitting many do not realize the sugar and sodium they are ingesting.

Some of these drinks contain close to 100mgs of sugar and the sodium levels are very high too.

You may think you are getting more for your money.... but you just might be getting too much!

Read the labels carefully!

boodoo
08-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Come on E-Dude,

You know we live in the land of SUPER SIZE! Make mine a "Super-Deluxe-Grande-Mucho-Whopper-Biggie with a large Diet Coke".

turdferguson
09-03-2004, 06:30 PM
who would ever buy a 24oz energy drink, ala bookoo???? i mean come on already......stupid!!

bigbottom
09-03-2004, 06:48 PM
What other point of difference do they have? None so the easy thing to do is put it in a lager can and call it a super size value. I tend to agree with you who the hell can drink this much without it being resealable?

Ron Swedelson
09-03-2004, 09:13 PM
I agree on the resealable part. That is a lot of liquid to just drink without taking some breaks. On the other end, most people who say 16 and 24 oz is too much, usually have 2-3 cans of an 8 oz in their hands.

Shatter
09-04-2004, 03:40 AM
A guy I work with drinks two of those big green cans of Monster in a 4 hour time period, pretty much every work night.

sodasommelier
09-04-2004, 03:51 PM
You know, I think these energy drinks are becoming status symbols. The 24oz cans are comparable to the "Big Gulp". Now, who that has a discerning palate is known to frequently drink a "Big Gulp"? I think the appeal of the 24oz is to go after the "recovery crowd" who wants to just overdose on caffeine and other stimulants and do so cheaper. I noticed the same thing about the multiple servings in a can, for a carbonated energy drink. That's just there to fool people who read the nutrition facts in order that they don't realize how much sugar, sodium, calories, 'carbs' or whatever... they are really consuming. It started with the "2 servings in a Snapple Bottle" routine and goes from there. But the fact a can isn't resealable just spells it out for those who would 'argue' that people drink a half a Snapple at lunch and the other half at 5pm.

Anyway all the good energy drinks come in glass bottles... we all know that!!!

DietCokeEnthusiast
09-05-2004, 09:43 PM
The only good energy drinks out there that I have consumed and would seriously think about purchasing again if, after consuming about two Monsters per day plus Jolt gum started to cause my eyes to go bloodshot and cause some gastric problems hadn't scared me away from all things "energy drink", are Monster and Red Bull which are, by the way, in cans.

melloyelloluver
09-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Take it from me. The best energy drinks out there are Sobe and Poweraid.

Ron Swedelson
09-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Sobe is more of a sugar rush, there really is not much herbs in there at all. A bottling plant out here in American Canyon said they basicaly sprinkle the herbs over the whole mixture.

Energydude
09-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Sobe is the worst tasting energy drink I have ever had!

Quality often comes in a glass bottle and with the use of real sugar!

toby1
09-08-2004, 07:28 PM
do me a favor eDUD(e).
list for me the brands you DO like....besides PINK, PAW BIB and SP.

Anyone correct me if Im wrong, but there hasnt been something good said about any brand that eDUD(e) has commented on .....EVER.

Energydude
09-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Not true, and you are wrong again... Imagine that!

I like 7ups new "pink drink" and I have stated so!

So you have been corrected!

Energydude
09-08-2004, 07:42 PM
By the way I am the one who started the thread "7up in the pink"

toby1
09-08-2004, 07:59 PM
So you like ONE(1) drink/brand/sku that you are not affilated with?
and the reason is ...its pink?

oh ok eDUD(e)

youve proved mine-BEVNETS-everyones point that the ONLY reason you post on this site is to promote your dust collecting <0.1% market share product.

THANK YOU.

Ron Swedelson
09-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Sobe energy drink tastes ok to me, but I was refering to Sobe the beverage.

upinarms
09-30-2004, 10:24 PM
I like just about every SoBe. However, like most companies with larger lines, some could use improvement. I think No Fear rocks, though.

antenna_ball
12-26-2004, 07:09 AM
A way to save $$$$ with these drinks is to buy the large cans and pour half into a glass for your daily drink. These drinks usually cost about $2.14 after tax in my state of WA, with 2 servings inside. The small cans are selling for $1.69 and they have one serving, but I could buy the large cans and split them making each serving about $1 a piece before taxes.

ANY COMMENTS.............

Red Sox fan
12-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Rockstar will be nationally launching a 24oz RESEALABLE CAN the first quarter of 2005.

boodoo
12-28-2004, 08:13 AM
I heard that the target retail for that package is $2.99 per can!

Energydude
12-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Almost matches Bookoo's crazy price of 2.79 !!!
What are people thinking???

Ron Swedelson
12-28-2004, 08:54 PM
So let me get this straight...8oz is to small for you Edude, and 16 oz. is to much...12 oz is the perfect size and is what all beverages should be. Unless its Rip It, because then its ok to be in a 16 oz can. Because you get more product for less money. But RS 24oz is too high priced, even though its cheaper per oz (the way you compare prices) than most drinks on the market.
You never did answer my question about how much TP in a can costs?

Energydude
12-28-2004, 11:28 PM
There is nothing right about RB and the size of the can.
It is small and made for a girl. The taste is bitter and looks like urine. Is 16oz. too big most of the time it is for me but it is better than 8ozs.

12ozs is best and even better in a glass bottle.

boodoo
12-29-2004, 10:32 AM
BooKoo in the DFW area is around $1.99 per can (at parity with RB and Monster). Only those geniuses at Southland are at $2.79.

Energydude
12-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Bookoo has been 2.79 at nearly every store I have seen it at. If I want to drink 24ounces I will buy a big gulp for .99 cents.

Bookoo is too big and too much is wasted, not to mention the taste is not worth drinking the whole thing.

stinkfinger
12-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Thats right guys, just keep encouraging him. Go ahead play his games. You are the ones who look like fools everytime you reply. He's winning the game. You are the pawns. I bet those of you who are married or have girlfriends are whipped by them also.

Energydude
12-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Its not a game stink its just a simple exchange of opinions and ideas. If you don't have anything clever to say or add then stay on the sidelines.

Ron Swedelson
12-29-2004, 08:50 PM
An 8oz can is made for a girl, but a Pink beverage is made for a guy?
24 oz BooKoo is way to much and to much is left for waste, but you would not stop someone from drinking 2 SP's (24 oz). Im guessing you would not tell them, dont drink the second one, 24 oz. is to much for someone to drink.
Just trying to figure out the logic.
I have no problem with you not likeing RB or other Energy drinks. I am with you that many of them are very poorly made products. But your recent remarks about them being for girls and making the drinker look like a sissy just doesnt seem right with me. What about a mixed drink at the bar that is only 8oz. 2 oz SP and 6 oz. hard alc., does that make you a sissy drinker because you are only drinking 8 oz from a small glass, or is it just the can? And if you are drinking RS or Monster or Rip It, you dont look like a sissy because its a 16 oz can, but with HFCS and high sodium, you are dumb.
Have I pretty much got it all...I just want to know your thoughts so I dont argue my opinons on the same matter.

Energydude
12-29-2004, 11:07 PM
LOL !!! When I see guys walk around with a little RB can sipping out of the tiny little hole they just look ridiculous.

SumPoosie is Pink because it is SumPoosie..... if it wasn't pink what color should it be Ron?

Lastly, RB is just expensive, bitter, salty, and just plain nasty to look at or drink. When you break it down it is just a horrible product but so is Marlboro but they sell alot of them too.

Ron Swedelson
12-31-2004, 05:19 PM
SumpPoosie is a drink right? You have said it has no other meanings to it...so it could be any color you want. My point is, Pink does not seem to be a manly color to me. Yet you say someone who drinks from a RB can is a sissy, just doesnt make sence to me thats all.
So when you break down that RB works, has the strongest Taurine out there in a beverage, a good tasting beverage in many peoples opinion (I am one of them, SF at least), kept its market price for 7 years now, and has a great package, doesnt seem all that bad a product to me. You can make comparisons to Mc'ds or whomever you want. Mc'ds is popular because they have been around a long time and are cheap and quick...nothing to do with quality. Marlboro...well they are adictive and very popular, don't know about quality or flvoar because I dont smoke. You talk about price, but you are getting a proven item that works and that you can find anywere you go. SP is way more expensive, and not by the oz., but by the item, which is more important to me. You can only find it in very select places...not because of quality, but lack of distro. and the market acepting the item. You can not like RB, that is fine with everyone. But it sells, it works, it can be found everywere, its kept its price, and its a machine that will keep going...sorry.

L I N Y
03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
I think you are all crazy! I found this site looking for a way to buy bookoo by the case. As far as I know people don't drink energy drinks for the nutrition (or any soda) so that shoulden't be an issue here. And who can't drink 24 OZ's? In one sitting? Come on in high school I was drinking 3 40 OZ's in one sitting!( check out http://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/ ) I like bookoo because it is 24 oz not some little bull. And the purpose of the energy drink is for all the sugar and caffine and such. As for prices I wish I paid 2.79 for bookoo. Here in NY we pay over $4. Redbull is 2.50 (and does suck) I think 1 bookoo in one sitting is not to much for a normal person and all the garbage in it is why your drinking it.

Damon
03-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Boy are you going to make a lot of friends !

Red Bull does not suck. Consider it an acquired taste. Also consider it a brand that helped define an entire market.

I have tried Bookoo and could not come close to finishing it.

Ron Swedelson
03-11-2005, 10:12 PM
BooKoo was just to sweet for me. But you are right, 24 oz is not a lot of liquid, but for an energy drink it is quite a bit to finish off. BooKoo is too sweet, to much sugar for me, and when you get that much minerals and vitamins in one drinks, makes the after taste a little grainy. RockStars' 24 oz just made it to the San Francisco market, not as much hype as I thought. Most stores just did ok with BooKoo so are not jumping on board with RS 24...

Darren
05-21-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm seeing way too many young kids drinking those huge cans of Full Throttle. I manage a small grocery store, and recently Coca-Cola had Full Throttle for Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Kids were buying them and drinking them down like water. That's scary! I'm a big guy and one of those things make me feel like a crack baby.

Ron Swedelson
05-22-2005, 12:01 AM
with kids, its hard to say. An 8oz drink is pretty much meant for a 150 lb. person. With kids, they have a bunch of energy already, so you probably dont notice it that much with them. Is there anything harmful in there for kids. No, not really. But at what age do you allow them to drink these drinks? When I was with Jones Soda and would give out samples of Whoop Ass energy drink, I would always ask the mom first if the kid was under 12. I would tell her what the drink is and let her decide. But I dont know, I think its weird to see a bunch of 13 year old kids going to buy energy drinks. I dont think they need them.

BottleBoss
05-22-2005, 06:25 PM
No one needs them. Soap on a rope, pet rocks, energy drinks. All junk.

Ron Swedelson
05-23-2005, 08:46 PM
pretty popular junk that has lasted a while though

BottleBoss
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Yep, And I don't think energy drinks are going away either.