PDA

View Full Version : RB 2.59 per can..... what???

Energydude
11-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I was in a Walgreen's in South Beach this weekend and saw RB for 2.59 and thought to myself wow...

2.59 for a can of that stuff......who is going to pay that kind of price for this stuff?

What next RB for 2.99.... crazy.

Lepke
11-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Someone once said, “you will never go broke under estimating the intelligence of the American public” …. Need I say more?

Energydude
11-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Nope... I am still in shock.

boodoo
11-29-2004, 09:53 AM
I hear that Rockstar is fix'in (Texas term) to launch a 24oz can (hello BooKoo) with a funky re-sealable lid that will retail for $2.99.

Energydude
11-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Just what I want..... a long term relationship with an energy drink. :rolleyes:

PopNutz
11-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:
Just what I want..... a long term relationship with an energy drink. :rolleyes: Is that why you are no longer selling Sum Poosie, you just weren't happy with that long term relationship or did they get rid of you? Either way at least you don't have a long term relationship with a so-called energy drink anymore!

Energydude
11-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Still selling SumPoosie and doing very well thank you!!!

Ron Swedelson
11-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Chains set their own pricing. Walgreens out here is still at $1.99. But I have gas stations that charge $2.60 a can, and sell very well. One of thoes things, it expensive to you, but it its an item you need then who cares. People here in the Bay Area pay $2.69 a gal for 87 octain gas and then go inside and pay $2+ for a Red Bull. In the same, doest a bottle of SP cost about $2.50 a bottle?

upinarms
11-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Eh, I can't blame them. There's a demand, and they supply it when its inconvient for others. ie: 24 hr gas stations.

If they consumer was truly smart, they'd stock up elsewhere. Its easily found for $1.99 or less in bulk.

From a seller's perspective, its understandable. But as a consumer, when I see a RB retail like that it makes me laugh.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-30-2004, 11:26 AM
yeah, sumpoosie in michigan at the one store i saw it at was 2.79. haven't been in there recently, but 2.79 was too much to throw down on one measely bottle of stuff, regarldess of what it was.

PopNutz
11-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
yeah, sumpoosie in michigan at the one store i saw it at was 2.79. haven't been in there recently, but 2.79 was too much to throw down on one measely bottle of stuff, regarldess of what it was. But come on now, you'd be getting a work of art, a collectable! That's a small price to pay for all that even though it's not even really an energy drink just some pink sugar water, it's still collectable art!

Energydude
12-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Hmmmm...... not quite how I see it..... seems to me you would be getting a great tasting drink in a
cold glass bottle!

The hottie on the bottle would not hurt.

Ron Swedelson
12-01-2004, 08:55 PM
But of that person doesnt like SP, then its not really a great tasting energy drink to them now is it.

Energydude
12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Ron....as usual I have no idea what you are talking about.

Ron Swedelson
12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Thats ok, you seem to miss a lot in your golden years

Energydude
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
No.... I simply have no idea what you are talking about.

Ron Swedelson
12-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Ill try to make it easy for you.
Someone complained about SP being to expensive. You said that you dont see it that way, that you are getting a cold, great tasting beverage.
My responce is, if the person doesnt like the flavor of SP, then its not a great tasting beverage. They are just getting an expensive cold drink.

Energydude
12-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Nothing is good or bad except by comparison.
RB sells more than SumPoosie and we all know that but that is where it ends.
SumPoosie taste better, mixes better, smells better, and looks better than RB. And yes!!! It cost less than RB.

Yes!!! SumPoosie is made with REAL SUGAR and Yes!!
It comes in a nice cold glass bottle.

I have made these comparisons before I guess you just wanted to see them again.

Ron Swedelson
12-06-2004, 08:17 PM
It costs less than RB? Doest your bottle cost $2.50 +? RB cost $1.99 in the majority of markets, and even cheaper at Walmart, Longs, Costco and Smart and Final. So how his that less? Oh, because you break it down per oz., um, bottom line, how much does 1 bottle cost, and how much does one can cost?
Also, I was not talking about RB to SP in taste. But since you want to, I dont think it tastes better or smells better or looks better. And it doesnt cost less. So good or bad by comparison, I say its bad. RB sells more, tastes better, costs less, is more popular, is avalible, is needed by stores, and the market leader. But I guess you already knew all that.

Energydude
12-09-2004, 12:48 PM
RB is a poorly made product that is way over priced and consumers are quickly getting over it. I know more people who have stopped drinking RB than have started. Too many complaints of the shakes and stomach cramps.

Like I have said many times RB sells alot of cases but you know what McDonalds sells alot of burgers........ they both have something in common....they are the No. 1 sellers and they both taste like s@#$!

PopNutz
12-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Edud, Try this, if you don't have anything new to add to a topic don't post! That would cut your posting down at least 99% and save us all the pain of reading your asinine statements and opinions!

pdxbevman
12-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Sounds like a CD with some bad scratches.

Energydude
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
I hate to disappoint you Popnutz but a board such as this is for information and opinions. I am sorry that you find postings lacking in some fashion or form. This happens to be the complaint section of the board and I find it easy to complain about a poor product like RB.

Ron Swedelson
12-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Great day of #1's....brought in 20 cases to Safeway today and also had a big mac.

PopNutz
12-09-2004, 09:59 PM
My point is all you ever do is R-E-P-E-A-T everything that you have been boring us with for over two years now.

Just try for the next few weeks to not repeat any of your post and you will see that you can't come up with anything that you haven't already said. Face it you're not a very deep person, everyone had you figured out very quickly.

Go back and read your old post and you will see the same crap over and over and over again. Like I said, you're not very deep Edud, just an angry little old man.

Energydude
12-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Me angry.... never!!! 2004 has been a wonderful year and some of the new products I have seen has made this year even better than last year. Business is better than ever and I am looking forward to the new year and adding new products.
I am also going to enjoy 2005 because it is the 40th year I have worked for myself. I hope everyone can experience the joy and adventure of being your own boss and the thrill of providing jobs for great hard working people. I have been really blessed and look forward to a wonderful 2005.