PDA

View Full Version : TaB Cola

Fufu-Leth
12-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know where to get this for a cheap price? CCE is driving some hard deals for it todays, and it's shot up to around $4.50 - $5.50 in Chicago, and even more in Indy. I have not found any good sites carrying it so far, but I figured some of you would know one.

Robot
12-23-2004, 03:46 PM
i see tab in 12 packs at the store all the time at regular coke prices... $3-4 a 12 pack, $2-3 on sale.

Drink
12-23-2004, 04:07 PM
No Tab here!

Fufu-Leth
12-24-2004, 05:26 PM
I would really like an online site, however, as I do not have transportation to any major cities at the moment.

bigrich
12-24-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm in Indianapolis and I see TAB everywhere. I even see it included in sales like this weeks sale at Kroger 4/$10 (Fridgepaks).

Drink
12-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Check out http://www.ilovetab.com

EnergyKing
02-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Doesnt Tab cause cancer?

Kyle101
02-04-2005, 05:52 AM
haha... what?

EnergyKing
02-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey thats what I heard?

KevinGrevey
04-01-2005, 01:43 PM
My mom was one of those people that became addicted to Tab back in the day. She would go through 18 a day. Pretty gross.

DietCokeWSplendaFraudReallyOldTab
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
newdietcokewithsplendaistab@yahoo.com

AOL IM DietCokeSplenBad

BAD BAD BAD BAD COKE For trying to fool the public- Thousands of bloggers all cant be wrong.

New Diet Coke With Splenda is Really Old Tab that tasted awful and original Tab drinkers would never touch.

It has that same sickening sweet taste it always did, but with Splenda the sickening feeling stys in your throat for almost ever.

There are TONS of references in Google to support this observation, and hte product has just been released.
A call to Coca Cola National call center says that they havent changed anything in the Diet COke formula except exchanging the Nutrasweet for Splenda.
COKE - Pull it from the shelves before it is a bigger deal than it is now.

:screwy
COKE LIES COKE LIES COKE LIES COKE LIES
Thanks for your reply.

Actually the original Tab was my only choice of all "diet" drinks.

In 1984 they not only changed the sweetener, as you mentioned, but the base formulation as well.

It became almost a baby formula taste in sweetness which continued until this last mix of Diet Cokes. Their (Tab) market share fell by almost 25% within 2 months of the change in '84 . Most Tab drinkers slid to either Diet Coke or other brands. Kinda like when Diet Rite eliminated caffeine and their market share fell.

You will also recall COKE tried the reformulation on the regular Coke crowd and within days screams were heard in Atlanta re their drastic drop in market share in mainstream Coke. SO we then had "Classic" Coke, or their major player would have died.

"Tabbie" were not as vocal and we got 0 zero zilch nada, in exchange for our complaints. Check a Google search for the past 30 days and see the TONS of regular Diet Coke heads that have figured out within one sip that this Spenda'd thing is horrible or even worse, most have figured out it is only Tab in a different can or bottle with Splenda.

Coke national swears the Diet Coke formulation is the same except for the sweetener. THey lie.

I drink probably 4-6 cans of Diet Coke a day, as well as decaf and regular coffee and tea with Splenda. Splenda make a Diet Coke taste bad. Coke made the formulation bad.

BTW, Coke is continuing regular Diet Coke along side the NEW one with Splenda.

After 45 years of lower to upper mgmt corporate life, I know when they lie and this time they LIE! :banghead:
================================================== =======
http://www.answers.com/topic/coca-cola
New Coke to the present

New Coke stirred up a controversy when it replaced the original Coca-Cola in 1985. Coca-Cola Classic was reinstated within a few months of New Coke's introduction into the market.
In 1985, Coca-Cola, amid much publicity, attempted to change the formula of the drink. Some authorities believe that New Coke, as the reformulated drink was called, was invented specifically to respond to its commercial competitor, Pepsi. Double-blind taste tests indicated that most consumers preferred the taste of Pepsi (which has more lemon oil, less orange oil, and uses vanillin rather than vanilla) to Coke. New Coke was reformulated in a way that emulated Pepsi. Follow-up taste tests revealed that most consumers preferred the taste of New Coke to both Coke and Pepsi. The reformulation was led by the then-CEO of the company, Roberto Goizueta, and the President Don Keough.
It is unclear what part long-time company president Robert W. Woodruff played in the reformulation. Goizueta claims that Woodruff endorsed it a few months before his death in 1985; others have pointed out that, as the two men were alone when the matter was discussed, Goizueta might have misinterpreted the wishes of the dying Woodruff, who could speak only in monosyllables. It has also been alleged that Woodruff might not have been able to understand what Goizueta was telling him.
The commercial failure of New Coke therefore came as a grievous blow to the management of the Coca-Cola Corporation. It is possible that customers would not have noticed the change if it had been made secretly or gradually, and thus brand loyalty could have been maintained. Coca-Cola management was unprepared, however, for the nostalgic sentiments the drink aroused in the American public; some compared changing the Coke formula to rewriting the American Constitution.
The new Coca-Cola formula subsequently caused a public backlash. Gay Mullins, from Seattle, Washington, founded the Old Coke Drinkers of America organization, which attempted to sue the company, and lobbied for the formula of Old Coke to be released into the public domain. This and other protests caused the company to return to the old formula under the name Coca-Cola Classic on July 10, 1985. The company was later accused of performing this volte-face as an elaborate ruse to introduce a new product while reviving interest in the original. The company president responded to the accusation by declaring: "We are not that stupid, or that smart."
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest consumer of natural vanilla extract. When New Coke was introduced in 1985, this had a severe impact on the economy of Madagascar, a prime vanilla exporter, since New Coke used vanillin, a less-expensive synthetic substitute. Purchases of vanilla more than halved during this period. But the flop of New Coke brought a recovery.
Meanwhile, the market share for New Coke had dwindled to only 3% by 1986. The company renamed the product "Coke II" in 1992 (not to be confused with "Coke C2", a reduced-sugar cola launched by Coca-Cola in 2004). However, sales falloff caused a severe cutback in distribution. By 1998, it was sold in only a few places in the midwestern U.S.
On February 7, 2005, the Coca-Cola Company announced that in the second quarter of 2005 they planned a launch of a Diet Coke product sweetened with the artificial sweetener sucralose ("Splenda"), the same sweetener currently used in Pepsi One. On March 21, 2005, it announced still another diet product, "Coca-Cola Zero," sweetened partly with a blend of aspartame and acesulfame potassium.

mjb1124
06-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Someone please exterminate this wackjob.

Mr Zabe
06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
LOL
Do I hear a second for the non fizzer? 2nd!!!!
LOL
(Who knew that changing a baby's doo doo diaper would be less bothersome.) ;) :D

[ 06-02-2005, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]