PDA

View Full Version : Nothing of Great Importance....

NRGChick
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Well.. I just have to say.. I thought being part of the bev board would be fun interesting, and rather informative. I have nothing really to offer. I'm not a big wig or know that much on how the beverage operation works other then the batching, and formulation of things. I do have to say however, that this has been neither fun, or interesting. You CAN'T voice your opinion without being ridiculed. You CAN'T get in on topics unless you want people to fight you tooth, and nail to make their point your point. It's just horrible how worked up people can get, and how brutal they can get. I no longer feel the need to post (other than this one), or to even get involved. I will however, continue to read the topics, but I will not be replying.

Thanks for a most enlightning experience! ;)

Bevpro
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
NRGCHICK, that's a shame that you feel that way. I can understand your frustration as many people seem to have the wrong idea and attitude towards this forum but you shouldn't let these so called "Geniuses" deter you from offering your voice in discussion. There are those of us in this forum that are here for the same reason that you are, and welcome the opportunity for discussion in hopes of gaining a broader idea on various topics.

Keep on truckin'

Christian Prickett
04-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that NGR chick. You must understand that everyone knows everything on here. The easiest way to get by on this page is to take what anyone says with a grain of salt.

I work in packaging and know a few things about bottles, cans, a shade of filling, and a shade of shipping. I come here about twice to three times a week to see if anything else new has hit the marketplace. I'm not here to make buddies or partners and I have enough real life friends. I enjoy talking to people on here that have a question or know something that I don't or helping someone to take their drink that the made in a kitchen and get it on the shelves.

I hope that you see after awhile that there are a few people that stick around to read and that have something that is positive in nature. Not everyone is a happy go lucky person. Alot of people come on here to be nasty to everyone else cause if they act like an @ss on the internet they get their jollies without getting punched in the face. I ignore alot of people and try to keep my cool on here.

I'm not always the nicest person in the world but I'm trying to be a better man. All I can say is that it's good to expand this web site so that we do have as many people who know something or love drinks (energy, alcoholic, and sodas alike) get together. It's like beverage drinkers anonymous.

NRGChick
04-07-2005, 04:30 PM
LoL well I have to admitt there are a few good apples on this board, and I have found some things to be pretty interesting. I'm in the beverage business, but I only get to see part of the whole scheme of things. It doesn't hurt to get more input though. Just gets to be a bit hard to get involved when you have so many people that want to bite your head off if your not as knowledgeable as them!

-Heather

the saint
04-07-2005, 11:34 PM
now now they wont bite your head off unless you don't drink sumpoosie or coke or "?"(substitute whichever new energy drink is being talked about on here) or you drink soda from a can not a bottle, or your definition of real sugar is not their definition of real sugar or if you like pepsi, or if you like.............................................. ...........

Coco Rico
04-08-2005, 12:01 AM
I agree. There are a few on this board who like to antagonize because it's easy to be brave when your not facing the person you're chastizing. I think there are many more on this board with some solid experience and some great knowledge, and from time to time I learn new things. That's why I'm here.

Plus, it makes for a nice distraction after I've been staring at my computer for a long time for work.

CR

Beverage Slinger
04-08-2005, 03:58 AM
NRGChick,the bev.biz is aggresive by nature,but it doesnt have to be mean,your opinion is as important as any one elses here,but as I have seen, two people can be at each other all day in the stores,but at the end of the day,they will sit with each other and raise a glass,it was a good day.

NRGChick
04-08-2005, 08:36 AM
That is also true I suspect! smile.gif People should just be more aware of how they are treating others is all I'm trying to say... And, you're right the bev biz is definately a competitive market. More so then most I think!

boodoo
04-10-2005, 12:21 PM
That's the spirit! Take the good and flush the bad.

World Beverage
05-01-2005, 10:58 AM
NRGChick,the bev board is a reflection of the real world and it has a lot to offer sometimes good and sometimes bad.You have posted around 130 times in less than 90 days, what else can you do in KY. GO AWAY!!

BevNET
05-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by World Beverage:
NRGChick,the bev board is a reflection of the real world and it has a lot to offer sometimes good and sometimes bad.You have posted around 130 times in less than 90 days, what else can you do in KY. GO AWAY!! World Beverage -- You have no right to tell treat this member the way that you did. So here's a dose of the real world for you -- your account is now banned.

This board doesn't neeed all this arguing and stupidity.