PDA

View Full Version : Who else loves the Jones Soda Company...

xslipknotx
10-15-2005, 04:01 AM
I kinda like having another option when going into a convenience store. Let's face it, the big 2 have run out of ideas, they are no longer innovators, they are followers. They wait for a trend to develop, then follow it. Innovation has been set aside by the big 2 and has been replaced by greed. Why give consumers anything new when we can just have line extensions every year of Mt.Dew/Pepsi/Sprite/Coke and produce those brands in every package imaginable. The well has run dry at Coke and Pepsi. Why develop new ideas when they can just sit back and wait for other companies to do so, then just buy them, Sobe, Starbucks line, Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker, Rockstar, Monster, Bravo?, Arizona?, etc. etc.

Jones has some nice products, some wacky flavors, but the bottom line is I don't feel cheated when I plunk down $1.00-$1.29 for one of their beverages. I don't drink them every day, but I like the option. It's kinda nice to enter a store and see some Jones in a cooler, instead of the standard, Pepsi door, Coke door, Snapple door, Gatorade door, water door.

Who knows or even cares how big or small the Jones Soda Company ends up, but for now, I'm content to bypass 72 facings of Mountain Dew (Dew-Diet Dew-Caffeine Free Dew-Diet Caffeine Free Dew-Code Red Dew-Diet Code Red Dew-Livewire Dew-Pitch Black Dew-Pitch Black Dew II-Electrocution Dew-Baja Blast Dew-Everything but the kitchen sink Dew)....to get to a nice cold Jones Soda.

sirslash
10-17-2005, 04:34 AM
If jones soda either had bigger bottles or were cheaper i'd probably buy it all the time...

I do agree about the big 2...especially Pepsi lately... they have been pushing their products around here alot lately...and really i dont like half of them... Taco bell for instance has Pepsi, diet pepsi, cherry pepsi, Pepsi one and mountain dew as there only flavors BLAHHHHHHH
i wish they still had slice :(

[ 10-17-2005, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: sirslash ]

Nick Laugher
12-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I miss Whoopass Energy by Jones...it saddens me that it's no longer around.

Ron Swedelson
12-02-2005, 04:58 PM
I think they still have it in big cans....but that might just be out here in CA

ichiro
12-03-2005, 02:31 AM
whoopass is around in both the big and the small cans.

Nick Laugher
12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
if someone could send some to me I would be extremely greatful!

mail me

nicklaugher@gmail.com

ichiro
12-07-2005, 01:31 PM
go to the jones webpage, you can order a case through them.

MISTICman
03-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Target sells 12pk canes of some of the Jones flavors including my favorite...Strawberry Lime YUM!!!!!

someguytyping
04-06-2006, 10:27 PM
you can only get those 12 packs at target they have an exlusive deal with jones to sell the 12 packs only at target stores. that shows you how much the company has grown. target is one of the biggest retailers in the us. that says a lot if you ask me. jones is awesome my favorite is the green apple and mf grape.

Dr. Galaga
04-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Once you experience some of the flavored ma and pa sodas (in glass bottles of course) you will not go back to Jones.

BottleBoss
04-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Amen, Brother Galaga, Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

ichiro
04-07-2006, 01:39 PM
you two are from Indiana and West Virginia. Your taste buds are shot. MF Grape and green apple kick butt.

Dr. Galaga
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Nah, my taste buds aren't shot. Honestly, I used to love Jones myself (I still have a few bottles a year). Then I had a chance to see (or taste) what was on the other side of the fence. Man, I just kept running!
The problem is that you live on the West coast. In the Central and Eastern parts of the country there are more alternatives.

BottleBoss
04-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Yep, West by God Virginia. You know why you have to have two West Virginians to go out for dinner? Because one of has has to watch out for cars comming down the road to warn the other! You think about that hard enough, and you'll figure it out.

[ 04-08-2006, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

Dr. Galaga
04-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Are you comparing yourself to an opossum? :rolleyes:

BottleBoss
04-08-2006, 10:40 PM
No, It just takes a few minutes to scrape up the road kill. You don't want to get hit by a car in the process you know.

Ron Swedelson
04-10-2006, 06:16 PM
uhh...are we getting a little angry here?

BottleBoss
04-11-2006, 07:27 PM
No. smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
04-13-2006, 01:29 PM
just checking...