PDA

View Full Version : Frog Slurpee Boycott.....believe it.

xslipknotx
10-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Just like some smaller music store chains have boycotted groups who only make their music available at Best Buy, there is a movement among smaller convenience chains not to handle Pepsi flavored "slurpee" mix or Bag-in-Box as a way to protest being shutout of this new Apple Flavored concoction called "Frog". I can see their point. Pepsi and 7/11 are spending all kinds of cash together to get people to go into 7/11 to try Frog, yet smaller stores aren't able to handle it too. Kind of seems unfair. It's the same backlash Pepsi used to get from small, independent pizza shops when it owned Pizza Hut. They conveniently decided to break off Pizza Hut into Tricon to try to diffuse this backlash.

Robot
10-15-2005, 08:49 AM
what?

that sounds stupid as hell..

companies do exclusive things all the time; why should 7-11, if they paid for exclusive rights, allow anyone else to use it?

my little taco store i run was really upset when we couldnt get the new mountain dew baja blast that taco bell gets... i am going to boycott pepsi products.

oh yah, pepsi holidy spice? my little restaurant didnt get it in our fountain, any instead pepsi had this deal with supermarkets to sell it in 12 and 24 packs.. are they trying to keep people out of my restaurant?!

Mr Zabe
10-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Jimmy I wrote a long message last night that pretty much said what you just said. I deleted the message hoping that you or one of our board mates would say it better and you did.!

Companies enter into product marketing/production exclusive agreements all the time. Why should 7-11 share a trademark product like a slurpy flavour? What right do little MaPa convience stores have to sell 7-11 exclusive Pepsi products?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. :rolleyes:

[ 10-15-2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mjb1124
10-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I don't think an exclusive thing is anything to get in a fuss about. It's really no different from test-marketing in a product in a certain region. I could be wrong, but I think if Frawg is successful enough, Pepsi will launch it on a full scale.

On another note, I tried Frawg the other day...it just tasted weird to me. I'll probably give it another shot, but it didn't make a good first impression.

drpep
10-16-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm going to boycott Burger King because they won't let McDonalds sell the Whopper.

the saint
10-17-2005, 04:47 PM
I was thinking about starting a national boycott of APPLE because they don't let Microsoft sell IMACs.I thought I would couple together that and ohh lets say Ford because they do not let GM sell Mustangs. :D

[ 10-17-2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

Mr Zabe
10-17-2005, 05:30 PM
LMAO
It's like comparimg apples to oranges. tongue.gif
Or was that comparing apples to grapefruits? :cool:

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Dude, Frawg sucks anyway.

SEV :rolleyes:

BottleBoss
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Yea Frog tastes really bad, it sucks. It won't be around for long so who cares. There are plenty of unique sodas out there that Ma and Pa places can capitalize on. Double Cola for one. etc.... etc....

fusion
11-02-2005, 03:44 PM
And with Double, you can also get the Ski line, as well as the Jumbo line.