PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla

nWoAssassin94
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla was recently released in select areas and is the "replacement" for the now-discontinued Vanilla Coke. Coca-Cola said that this new drink creates an "innovative fusion of real cola, luscious black cherry, and smooth vanilla flavors [which] creates a taste that is complex and delicious." Unfortunately, that couldn't be farther from the truth. After my best friend and I sampled this product, we were extremely disappointed with it. Now, other BevNet users are starting to express that same disappointment. Basically, the flavor is very bland and hard to detect, unlike Vanilla Coke where the vanilla flavor could be tasted easily. In my opinion, it tastes too similar to Coca-Cola Cherry, which wasn't discontinued like Vanilla Coke. Coca-Cola said that Vanilla Coke may be brought back in the future and after tasting this product, it is easy to understand why they made that statement!

If any of you have opinions about this drink (positive or negative), express them here!

Robot
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
i disagree, the product definatley has a black cherry and vanilla flavor to it, and its very noticeable..

but its also very similar to pibb and dr.pepper, which are based on the dark/black cherry cola ideas with other flavors added...

i think its a redundant flavor, but still tasty..

nWoAssassin94
01-03-2006, 08:05 PM
What I'm saying is that it doesn't have enough of a vanilla flavor to it to make it a worthy replacement for Vanilla Coke. The black cherry flavor is easier to detect, but they already have Coca-Cola Cherry...so what's the point?

CCE Girlie
01-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I think the flavors are very detectable and the overall drink is good!

The King
01-29-2006, 08:37 AM
I don't know about the regular version, but the diet version I had had a lot of vanilla taste to it, so much so that it was the most noticable flavor in it.

That's why I didn't really like it. I was expecting more of a taste like DCV Dr. Pepper, but instead it just tasted like Vanilla Coke. I didn't taste the cherry in it at all.

BluejacketT
02-03-2006, 05:52 PM
I thought Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla was good.

xJABBERWOCKx
02-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with this product, and I'm not a big Coke fan. The Black Cherry is distinct from regular cherry, which surprised me, and the Vanilla undertones were noticeable as well. I like this better than Vanilla coke, which tasted, in my opinion, far too artificial on its own. This isn't something I'd repeatedly purchase, as I prefer citrus beverages, but it was good for a cola.

Mr Zabe
02-03-2006, 09:25 PM
What I like about BCVC is that the black cherry flavor reminds me of State of Washington Bing Cherries. I love eating these Cherries when they are in season.

IMO....I have never tasted a drink that approximates the taste of Bing Cherries (aka black cherries). Couple the Bing Cherry taste with the vanilla coke and this dog is very happy.

[ 02-03-2006, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

doug1885
02-04-2006, 05:58 PM
>IMO....I have never tasted a drink that approximates the taste of Bing Cherries (aka black cherries).

Try Hank's Wishniak Black Cherry soda. It's the best I've found. Amazing to have fresh black cherry flavor in a bottle (given that one can't keep the cherries for very long). See the Bevnet review (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/hanks/).

-Doug

Mr Zabe
02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up. smile.gif
Does anyone know where in the Chicago area where I can get Hank's Wishniak Black Cherry Soda? I'll probably send Hank's an email and ask as well.

[ 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Bill Brasky
02-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Tried the Diet-BCV this week while out of town. Not bad. Not going to start drinking CSD's again because of it, but much better than the Vanilla I tried last year.

fusion
02-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Do you have 7-11s in Chicago? I believe they had a distribution agreement with Hank's? I could be wrong.

Black Cherry Wishniak is very strong in the Philadelphia area. Here are three who sell it, off the top of my head.

Hank's
Frank's/Canada Dry
Stewart's

Mr Zabe
02-04-2006, 11:41 PM
We have 7-11's like crazy in Chicago.
I try and stop by one as have a look see. smile.gif
Thanks for the info.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-06-2006, 01:56 AM
you mean chicago has 7-11's, but travel 100 miles north and there are none... where i live (janesville, wi), there are no 7-11s within 50 miles... :(

bardsny
02-08-2006, 05:17 PM
You can get Hanks Black Cherry at retrosoda.com in their Arlington Heights store. You can pick up so no freight charges.