PDA

View Full Version : Venting.....U of I Coca Cola Revolt???

Mr Zabe
10-21-2006, 03:15 PM
This is an old topic that most of you know about.
Warning I am venting.LOL

There is a radical "liberal" group(at the U of I) that is trying to smear Coca Cola with half truths and lies. This crap just gets my blood boiling. It's not Coca Cola that this radical group wants to smear, it's that they want to feel empowered with themselves and their group. These poor insecure people can't find a just cause,no they have to attack a decent soda pop company that employees an abundance of people.

Question....If Coca Cola was such a nasty company killing workers and destroying the environment, don't you think the media would be all over it?

Venting over. LOL

[ 10-26-2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

greg
10-23-2006, 10:24 AM
It has been my experience that in the world of Academia it doesn't matter what the facts are, what matters is what you think.
I remember seeing groups on campus that touted their agenda when there was clearly irrefutable evidence against there claims.

SpaceGuy
10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
The problem is that they think they are doing "Good". I believe I heard this on Hannity: If you are less than thirty and you are a Republican: you have no heart... If you are over thirty and a Democrat: you have no brain.

These allegations have been around for a long time, and have been proven false.

They are the future of our fair country!

golee1
10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
[ 10-26-2006, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: golee1 ]

jdavidb
10-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Half the time when these goofball groups talk about companies exploiting (or even enslaving) workers in other countries, they are just plain wrong. Half the time they also manage to help more established, richer companies (those that can afford to have a better PR campaign), who laugh all the way to the bank.

And nearly 100% of the time, they neglect the fact that workers in these countries voluntarily choose these jobs, which means that they feel that these jobs benefit them over the alternatives, which means that the "big bad" companies are helping these workers. And they want to screw that up.

Blue Efficacy
01-31-2007, 05:00 AM
You people obviously don't understand what many parts of the world are like.

Sure, they chose to work there.

But consider the following. If you had to choose between cutting your foot off and starving to death, I think you'd go reaching for a hacksaw..

golee1
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SpaceGuy:
The problem is that they think they are doing "Good". I believe I heard this on Hannity: If you are less than thirty and you are a Republican: you have no heart... If you are over thirty and a Democrat: you have no brain.

I'd take the majority of what Sean Hannity says with a very large grain of salt.

Mr Zabe
02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
LOL
Sean does have a sence of humor.LOL
I rather enjoy Hannity and Combs. They
cancel each other out most of the time. smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
What is this SAWIII? You can either work for Coke, or cut off your foot.

SumPoosieCat
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Hannity and O'Reily are entertainment show's neither one of these guys offer much. They are in the same group as Rush...slight entertainment.

SURGE
02-16-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm very worker oriented and pro-union but these groups only seek to target the biggest company so they can get the most media attention. Coke and Pepsi have very similar records yet Coke is ALWAYS the one that gets nailed. The same thing is true in other industries, Nike, Apple, and many others know this all too well.

If you want to complain check the facts and hold everybody to the same standard.

Mr Zabe
02-16-2007, 12:20 AM
Well said!

SumPoosieCat
02-19-2007, 10:36 AM
If you want a list of companies that have killed thousands of workers due to corporate greed let me know. BP had an entire refinery blow up killing many because they would not spend a few bucks to fix minor leaks. Or coal mines that continue to send workers below ground without adequate safety measures or repairs completed. And if you would like me to tell you the Johns Manville story and Asbestos let me know.

illusionh20
04-19-2007, 12:35 AM
If you want a list of companies that have killed thousands of workers due to corporate greed let me know. BP had an entire refinery blow up killing many because they would not spend a few bucks to fix minor leaks. Or coal mines that continue to send workers below ground without adequate safety measures or repairs completed. And if you would like me to tell you the Johns Manville story and Asbestos let me know.

Any that relate to the beverage industry?