PDA

View Full Version : saw a wendys with pepsi

VaultFan1
11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
i went to visit my big sis in tennessee and i went to a wendys and they had pepsi products. and i remember the selection, the first wendys where u could pour your drinks and not the people behind the counter that i ever saw. the selection was (PEPSI)(MOUNTAIN DEW)(M.D.CODE RED)(DIET PEPSI)(PEPSI)(PEPSI)(GATORADE LIME)(7 UP)
the weirdest selection i ever saw.. 3 pepsis and gatorade??? and i thought pepsi got rid of 7 up. well i got the gatorade lime anyway.

Splashofdew
11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I used to work at Wendy's about 5 or 6 years ago and they had Pepsi products when I worked there. I always drank Dew. When I worked at Burger King about 6 to 8 years ago they had Coke products because I used to drink Surge alot.Lol. God I miss that wonderful toxic green colored beverage.Lol. Bring it back! So it never surprises me Pepsi is at Wendy's. Been like this for years.Well at least here in Saint Paul.

Pibb
11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
every wendys i ever been to had coke products

redchucks219
11-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Most if not all Wendy's i've been to in my area (West Michigan) have pepsi products.

David J.
11-25-2006, 02:38 PM
The ones in my area have Pepsi. But it's Pepsi/Diet/MD/Sierra Mist/Ice Tea/Other Ice Tea/Mug Root beer, and I think something else. The local Wendy's are awful, awful as is. They are woefully understaffed -- they share workers between the 3 stores in the city and won't hire a crew for each store. They are slow and rude. One time they forgot to give me my change, and when I was swearing my head off they looked at me like I was stupid... I know they'd do the same.

But anyway, I heard they only serve pepsi here, because the franchisee has bad blood with wendys and while they where looking to switch to Coke, it was found that Coke was more expensive! That and I heard Corporate may buy them out. I only know this stuff because when I worked at BK, I worked with a girl who worked at McD's, BK and Wendys!

When I worked at BK, we never got our coke drinks from Coke directly. Now, one of the managers who I worked with at BK, has a boyfriend works at a Nice 'N Easy (c-store chain) and he said that they got their Pepsi products from Sams Club because it was cheaper! I really, really doubt that because I've stopped in those stores and they had pepsi distributors brining in product as I was getting something to buy.

And going to the local Fasttrac stores, the Gatoraid on the fountain is with the Coke product!

Mr Zabe
11-25-2006, 02:54 PM
It's funny how area by area the same franchisee fast food restaurants can be so different. I will say that in general,McDonald's seems to be pretty much the same (service and food quality) from store to store. LOL

Bad service especially slow service sure can be a downer. :( I sure wish my local Wendy's served Pepsi. smile.gif

[ 11-25-2006, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

David J.
11-25-2006, 04:58 PM
The Mountain Dew and Pepsi at the local Wendy's is awesome! but when/if they switch, they will loose quite a bit of bussiness. In my area, the franchise owners started up shop years and years ago, but abandoned the resturants so they sit around.

When I worked at BK, I recall hearing that the McDonalds right down the street was going to get torn down because it was falling apart, and when the BK franchise owner got word they planned on a coupon promotion, but that never happend, and it appears it is going to happen in March/April.

I can't help but wonder if Pepsi will want an exclusive contract with either McD's, BK or Wendys. I bet they are bummed they aren't in any of the major fastfood chains.

fusion
11-25-2006, 08:39 PM
You wouldn't call Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut major chains?

fusion
11-25-2006, 08:39 PM
or Quizno's?

David J.
11-25-2006, 10:39 PM
I was talking about the big three that I am used to.

I'm not quite used to having all of those chains in my area, but they are now. LOL

RubberDucky
11-26-2006, 06:44 PM
we have a lot of wendys around where i live in louisiana. some have pepsi and some have coke. to me, pepsi tastes better with wendys than coke.

sirslash
01-03-2007, 04:21 AM
its half and half around here

David J.
01-03-2007, 01:57 PM
So I guess Pepsi still doesn't care who serves what, despite having an exclsive contract with coke?

mofizz
01-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by David J.:
So I guess Pepsi still doesn't care who serves what, despite having an exclsive contract with coke? Pepsi cares, trust me. So do the fast food chains. Dairy Queen is another example of this Wendy's phenomenon. Some operators have Pepsi, some have Coke. It's a local decision with national non-exclusive (chain wide non -exclusive) contract implications. Gallon rebates, equipment funding, and service plans all go in to this.

On another topic, there is rumor that a McDonalds in Marshall MO is test marketing Mountain Dew 20oz. I haven't seen it for myself so I don't know. Wouldn't this be cool, 2 breakfast burritos, hash browns, and a cold MD?

Mr Zabe
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
IMO...MD 20's would sell very strong in most regions. I agree, it would be so cool to get a cold 20oz MD in the AM or 24/7 at McDonald's,

fusion
01-03-2007, 05:25 PM
And what's funny is that DQ is owned by Berkshire Hathaway, which is Warren Buffet's company. And he's was on the Coke board, and still wields a fair amount of influence there (he also owns a good bit of stock).

[ 01-03-2007, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

David J.
01-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mofizz:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by David J.:
So I guess Pepsi still doesn't care who serves what, despite having an exclsive contract with coke? Pepsi cares, trust me. So do the fast food chains. Dairy Queen is another example of this Wendy's phenomenon. Some operators have Pepsi, some have Coke. It's a local decision with national non-exclusive (chain wide non -exclusive) contract implications. Gallon rebates, equipment funding, and service plans all go in to this.

On another topic, there is rumor that a McDonalds in Marshall MO is test marketing Mountain Dew 20oz. I haven't seen it for myself so I don't know. Wouldn't this be cool, 2 breakfast burritos, hash browns, and a cold MD? </font>[/QUOTE]Why wouldn't they use 20oz Vault or Mello Yello, instead of 20oz MD? That really makes no sense. It's like about that Mcdonalds in some sports area that serves Pepsi.

mofizz
01-09-2007, 10:34 AM
[/QUOTE]Why wouldn't they use 20oz Vault or Mello Yello, instead of 20oz MD? That really makes no sense. It's like about that Mcdonalds in some sports area that serves Pepsi. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Becasue Mello Yello and Vault are not Mountain Dew. Get my point.

[ 01-09-2007, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: mofizz ]

David J.
01-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Of course, but why not a coke product? I mean McDonalds and Coke are like bed buddies sometime...

mofizz
01-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by David J.:
Of course, but why not a coke product? I mean McDonalds and Coke are like bed buddies sometime... I totally agree. Coke and McD's go way back and I doubt they will ever switch to exclusive Pepsi. The fact is bottles to go is growing and McDonalds realizes that Coke does not have what consumers want in the way of a Mountain Dew. I could be wrong about all of this but I have heard alot of rumors about it from people at pepsico foodservice.

David J.
01-09-2007, 06:06 PM
It's funny that Coke has a few citrus drinks that are in the way of a Mountain Dew, but customers don't want them, and as a result, they aren't buying them. Yes, I know Mello Yello does well down south, and Vault does well in Michigan, but on a nationwide level there's nothing that 'works' for everyone.

But again, Coke and even McDonalds are missing the boat by not including Vault in fountains, and pushing it is a Coke themselves pushing it as a staple.. even if it doesn't do too well like Sierra Mist is doing for pepsi.

Even though I live in an area where Citrus sodas don't sell too well, I can tell you that Mountain Dew is a very popular soda.

Mr Zabe
01-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Chicago has a nice selection of Big 3 Citrus soda pops, which is cool. MD still dominates the catagory. MD fridge packs and cubs are big sellers. Face it MD rocks. smile.gif

David J.
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey, I love MD, don't get me wrong. I went to Big Lots, because I needed to buy an Phono audio cable, and I bought a 20oz MD in their coolers for $1.05 hmm.. not too bad..