PDA

View Full Version : Boring Energy Drinks

<coke111>
05-08-2003, 09:21 PM
I would like to thank Red Bull for creating the energy drink category. smile.gif I would also like to thank RockStar, Mercury Sports-Energy, and Bawls for bringing something new to the category. ;) As for the rest of the companies... please stop producing worthless knockoff brands that offer nothing different! :mad:

<madbull>
05-08-2003, 09:22 PM
We are sorry... we just want a piece of the action.

Boris
05-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Its pretty funny that he just replied to his own post. You know he has no life.

sodasommelier
05-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Hey Boris! If you are using our Leninade as your icon you must love our beverage! It got 4 stars on the BevNet and the stars were red to top it off!

Although Leninade is a great drink it's not an energy drink. Originally I figured on it being a Soviet Superpower drink but then after the wall came down in Berlin I figured it'd be better for it to be a Simple Soviet-Style drink instead. Of course it tastes better than most sodas that were in the Soviet Union and it's better carbonated but hey once the Soviets ceased to be a Superpower I figured that having Leninade be an energy drink would be kind of an oxymoron.

Oh yeah and there are some other energy drinks that are not knockoffs; Lolli's Cherry Pop for example. There's another one coming soon that will be really cool; won't taste like most energy drinks but will be super strong and delicious with a great graphic. But it's a surprise smile.gif

Shatter
05-10-2003, 02:53 AM
Hey Danny, the Leninade avatar was from a picture I 'borrowed' off your company's web site. I also made a Moxie, a Bubble Up, and a Real Soda logo avatar picture. I actually made a few more than those, but they haven't been posted yet, even though I sent them into the webmaster a couple of weeks ago.

Cynical
05-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Heh..that was funny, borris. I didn't notice the ip at first.

sodasommelier
05-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Hey how'd you turn that into an avatar? I'm so busy running around with cases of soda that I never figured that one out. I tried to shrink a picture but that was to no avail..

How is the Bubble Up one? Wait til you see the new caps smile.gif

Shatter
05-11-2003, 11:48 PM
The Bubble Up one didn't turn out that well, with the 'a kiss of lemon, a kiss of lime' part barely legible. And the Lolli's logo I tried just didn't look that great, because there's too much red in the logo. It doesn't look that great condensed.

I use a Mac program called GraphicConverter. I'll find a picture, select a good part of the image, shrink it down to 48 by 48 pixels, and then sharpen it's edges to make the words in the pic easier to read. Then I sent the avatar pics in to craven@bevnet.com. He made the first batch available, but not any of the new ones i've sent in. With people making requests, and trying to make new ones to cover everyone's likes, i've got about 150+ ready to be posted.

It only took an afternoon to track down all those pics and make them into avatars. Man, I love my new DSL connection.