PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Thai Ingredients

<BigDaddy>
11-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Does anyone truly know the ingredient list in the Thai version of Red Bull?

My wife finds that a bottle a day completely clears up her morning sickness. However, if it is laced with caffeine like the US version, obviously we would avoid it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ron Swedelson
11-19-2003, 01:53 AM
All I know is that the Thai is more of a concentrate, so it has more caffiene than the normal version. That is at least what I have found with other Thai style energy drinks.

Energydude
11-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Red Bull is a foreign made product and is not made according to FDA Guidelines. I would be wary of any product not produced in the USA and according to those guidelines. Anyway, I am proud to be an American and I buy American when I choose which energy drink to buy. :D

fusion
11-19-2003, 01:08 PM
I didn't think there were FDA guidelines for energy drinks... And where's the bottle produced? Mexico?

Xtrem
11-19-2003, 02:38 PM
I am so glad that very soon Xtrem will be made in the USA.

Infact it could be in the next couple of weeks or so.

We think it is important to manufacture our products in the same country if not continent where they are going to be sold. There are many reasons for us to do this, one being to give something back to the country (continent) we are selling in.

I hope this means that one day Energydude would give it a try smile.gif

Coco Rico
11-19-2003, 10:07 PM
In case anyone cares, no food products in the US really have FDA approval nor are they required to have it. That is reserved for drugs and supplements that make medical claims. I guarantee that Sum Poosie doesn't have FDA approval. The process is tedious, takes many years to receive approval, and bottom line: Sum Poosie doesn't make any medical claims. Sum Poosie, like Red Bull, like the majority of consumable goods out there have GRAS status (Generally Recognized As Safe.)

Sidenote: When you talk about US-made products being better, keep in mind that most food products that are produced here and sent to Europe are required to undergo more rigorous testing and safety screenings than food products that are produced here for consumption in the US.

Energydude
11-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Yes fusion there are guidlines for beverages look it up! Do you think you are allowed to stuff anything you want in an energy drink and it is ok?
SumPoosie is made and bottled in the USA. Even the glass is from the USA. We follow the guidelines to a tee!!! The problem is these foreign drinks follow no guidelines at all. For example explain to me why some energy drinks have a thousand mg of taurine in a single serving??? The FDA claims 28mg. is safe. Show me one study that says 1000mgs. are safe. Good luck. :cool:

Coco Rico
11-20-2003, 05:18 AM
Actually, there is no Recommended Daily Allowance listed for Taurine. 1000 mg is 1 gram and your body naturally maintains between 60 to 70 grams of Taurine a day. Taurine is found naturally in most meat products. And the FDA recommends Taurine to be included in infant formula which they do regulate.

The reality is that no product would be legal to sell in the US if it didn't qualify for GRAS status. Anyway, you speak of "foreign drinks": ie Red Bull, as if you invented the category. If there had never been a Red Bull there never would have been a Sum Poosie, and we would have been spared your deluded and unsolicited rantings.

Xtrem
11-20-2003, 06:12 AM
For Energydude's information.

Xtrem USA version has different quantity ingredients than the European version. Why you may ask? It's very simple, there are regulations as to what quantity levels are accepted for each ingredient. It just so happens that most of the ingredients are less in the USA version.

I think that saying "The problem is these foreign drinks follow no guidelines at all" not only is wrong but offensive.

If everyone thought like you then there would be no international trade at all.

The way you sometimes talk is as if there is no other drink worth having on the planet. I just wonder how many cups of water, orange juice, Coke, Pepsi ETC you have every week.

Energydude
11-20-2003, 08:08 AM
Once again this has turned into a attack. These foreign drinks follow no guidelines that the FDA sets for the American public. My point is RB and the like are allowed to be sold here but do not follow those guidelines. I think it is not only unfair but even dangerous. All I can say is buy American. RB did not invent the energy drink they just brought it to America and convinced them it was worth 32 dollars per gallon. tongue.gif

Xtrem
11-20-2003, 12:32 PM
As I said on my previous post. There are regulations as to what ingredients and how much quantity is aloud for that ingredient. There are no dangers if you drink Xtrem, unless of course every single energy drink in the USA is dangerous to drink.

Energydude started the attack not me. I am totally for having plenty for the consumer to chose from otherwise we would get into the situation where quality would get worst and not better.

We are also going to manufacture our drink in the USA. Does that mean if our energy drink does not follow the correct guidelines that our can manufacturer (in the USA) flavour company (in the USA) and co-packer (in the USA) do not follow the guidelines?

Ron Swedelson
11-20-2003, 01:00 PM
There are levels of caffiene and other ingrediants that do have caps. It does range differently from each country. Past that, I don't really know what the deal is.

Energydude
11-21-2003, 07:07 PM
uhhhhhhhhhh..... Xtreme .... I am not attacking you at all or anyone else. I am simply stating what Ron said. The FDA does have guidelines for energy drinks and drinks outside the USA do not follow these guidelines so be careful you could be getting more than you expect. ;)

Coco Rico
11-26-2003, 02:07 AM
The FDA does not have specific guidelines for energy drinks. They have recommended dosages for some of the popular ingredients in energy drinks, namely caffiene. They are currently investigating the energy drink category and its safety, however this pertains almost exclusively with their use as a mixer; which makes Sum Poosie just as much a target as Red Bull.

There is not enough known about Taurine to make a mandate regarding any specific amount. Bottom line, if any energy drink or beverage in general violated any FDA standard, it would be pulled off the shelves, period. Attacking "foreign" energy drinks with ignorant statements that you have no way of supporting with factual information is juvenile. You have actually no idea what you are talking about, and you prove it more and more with every post you write. It's the so-called "foreign" energy drinks that created a category for you to leech off of in the first place.

CR

Energydude
11-29-2003, 07:00 PM
Coco.... thanks for the personal attack! Once again I am saying that there are guidelines and SumPoosie follows those FDA guidelines. Red Bull for example does not. You say there are not enough studies on Taurine.... I AGREE !!! Why do you want to drink 1000mg of the stuff??? My point is simple... be careful what you drink if it was not made in the USA, you might get more than you bargained for. Besides, there is nothing wrong with buying products made in the USA. I believe the FDA guideline for Taurine is 28 mg. if anyone knows otherwise let me know. ;)

puck
12-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Excellent!! That means you have copies of these 'guidelines' and will post them here.
Unless you're just blowing smoke, in which case you won't.

<Alvaro Quero (Spain)>
02-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by &lt;BigDaddy&gt;:

My wife finds that a bottle a day completely clears up her morning sickness. However, if it is laced with caffeine like the US version, obviously we would avoid it.

<Alvaro Quero (Spain)>
02-07-2004, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by &lt;BigDaddy&gt;:
[QB] Does anyone truly know the ingredient list in the Thai version of Red Bull?

Hello Big. There go the red bull thai(Kratingdaeng) ingredients.

Red bull(Kratingdaeng)250cc:
Taurine........................1,000mg
Choline Bitartrate..............50mg
Nicotinamide......................20mg
Dexpanthenol.....................5mg
Inositol...................50mg
Lysine........................50mg
Vitamin b6..........................3mg
Cyanocobalamin......................4mg
Caffeine.............................80mg
e-124
e-102
e-330
e-211

<RB1>
02-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Just to let everyone know that the Tai Red Bull is not made by Red Bull. Make Sense? That product is a bootleg like everything else in Thailand. Red Bull has no association with that product. They just stole the name.

Coco Rico
02-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Actually, the current Red Bull is based off the Thai version Kraeting Daeng (which actually means Red Water Buffalo, or something like that) which has been around for over 30 years. The formulation is similar, although the Austrian version has some slight differences. The current owner (Dietrich) has a deal with the Thai company where he maintains exclusive distribution rights outside of Thailand and they split the profits. However, the Thai version is not licensed to be sold in the US and therefore is subject to confiscation by US Customs.

CR

[ 02-09-2004, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: Coco Rico ]

<offended thai>
02-09-2004, 09:50 AM
wow some of you should really do your research before you start talking outta your ass.

Ron Swedelson
02-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Is Kraeting Daeng made from the company Osoitspa? I know their current drink SHARK is based off their original product which was produced durring the second WW (made to help fight disantary). Red Bull then bought the recipie.

<RB1>
02-10-2004, 01:04 AM
bull****

Ron Swedelson
02-10-2004, 12:34 PM
who are you calling bull$hit to?

toby1
02-10-2004, 04:55 PM
gotta love these non-reg. folks and there one liners or even one word posts!

Xtrem
02-11-2004, 07:19 AM
It's becoming annoying to see all these unregistered people adding their comments purely to be rude and to attack registered members. I actually thought there was only one section on the boards where you could make comments unregistered.

I am going to make a note of ALL the IP addresses of ALL unregistered comments. If any lead back to registered members I can only hope that member will get a ban for being so stupid.

drpep
02-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtrem:
It's becoming annoying to see all these unregistered people adding their comments purely to be rude and to attack registered members. I actually thought there was only one section on the boards where you could make comments unregistered.

I am going to make a note of ALL the IP addresses of ALL unregistered comments. If any lead back to registered members I can only hope that member will get a ban for being so stupid. Go ahead and make note of the IP's, you won't learn anything. I live in NY state and an IP I had was also that of Ron Swedelson who lives in California.

[ 02-11-2004, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

<Monster Lover>
02-13-2004, 12:25 PM
Big Daddy,

I hope you got through all the :mad: :mad: :mad: and finally got your answer from that nice guy in Spain. smile.gif

Good luck, and congratulations! :D

cali
03-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi,
You know its funny being new to this board - that you'll debate what's in the drinks and how much, but dodge the real issue:

Most of these ingredients don't DO anything.

Sorry to rain on the parade.

As much as you think you are all competitors, you're all selling the same stuff! And if Taurine doesn't do anything - or worse, if it has negative effects mixed with alcohol - you've got much bigger problems!

Are there any *reputable* studies published on any of this?

Thanks.

Ron Swedelson
03-15-2004, 06:03 PM
I have seen studies go both ways. Most recent one showed that torine and other ingrediants in Energy Drinks do have effects on the body. But in order to even feel the effects, you had to drink like 3-5 cans (depending on brand).

<Guest>
04-14-2004, 07:27 PM
I do not read any ingredients followed by the number "80" (as listed above, 80 mg caffeine). This is KratingoAeng 250.

<American_in_Thailand>
04-20-2004, 03:33 AM
This clearly shows the ignorance of many Americans. The FDA isn't God, and some of the things that the FDA has not approved does not mean it's non-consumable. Red Bull in Thailand is not laced with anything toxic. So stop your non-sense. Drink a soft drink in Thailand, and you'll never want another one from the USA again. The coca-cola here in Thailand tastes like the old cokes of the 1970's in the U.S. before the formula was changed and hence ruined. While we're on the subject of FDA approval, why don't you call or write them and ask them what is contained in many Thai herbs and medicines (find a list online if you wish). Ask them to explain why the herbs are often as beneficial to health as western medicine (if not better). Ask them about their opinion of a plant called Coccinias grandis.
Originally posted by Energydude:
Red Bull is a foreign made product and is not made according to FDA Guidelines. I would be wary of any product not produced in the USA and according to those guidelines. Anyway, I am proud to be an American and I buy American when I choose which energy drink to buy. :D

<??>
04-20-2004, 08:44 AM
hi...i was wondering if anyone can help me!

i have a university project where i have to re-brand red bull for 45-50 year old men.

does anyone have any ideas on how i can do this?
i have a few ideas, but i would appreciate any further help that anyone can give me!

thank you

<Bob>
05-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
I didn't think there were FDA guidelines for energy drinks... And where's the bottle produced? Mexico? True. However, the ingredients in energy drinks are subject to FDA guidelines. I would only drink energy tonics only with ingredients on the FDA generally regarded as safe list (GRAS). Stay away from stuff that is not GRAS.

Bob

<bob>
05-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by cali:
Hi,
You know its funny being new to this board - that you'll debate what's in the drinks and how much, but dodge the real issue:

Most of these ingredients don't DO anything.

Sorry to rain on the parade.

As much as you think you are all competitors, you're all selling the same stuff! And if Taurine doesn't do anything - or worse, if it has negative effects mixed with alcohol - you've got much bigger problems!

Are there any *reputable* studies published on any of this?

Thanks. There is little to fear from energy drinks in terms of health. Two studies done in Europe use research to show there are no issues. One was done by the Irish government and the other the the European Community.

Bob

techmeup24
06-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Hmmm
well first of all RedBull comes from Austria.
Try it with vodka (Our favorite drink here is Vodka/RedBull or even Champagne/RedBull) and you will fly away;)
And if it is healthy or not, i really dont care

<thai redbull>
06-21-2004, 05:06 PM
give me a break. you think that If you don't buy "american" Redbull than Al-Queda wins right? Well, I hope you're their first target. I personally have no problem with eating/drinking non american food/drinks. In fact I know there's something wrong when american teenage girls are becoming fully physically developed at 11 and 12 years old..keep wolfing down on that 'roid doped cattle till you grow **** mr. angry back woods southerner. Thai redbull is the first, the original, & the best energy drink on any market. Austrian redbull is a substitute inferior good which was made to exploit a thai companies original idea by a visiting businessman. The Austrian redbull company might as well be liquidated and the CEO fined for crowding out the market with obviously a rip off product only made possible by lack of patenting in SE Asia. 180 is a better drink than Austrian redbull anyways, so If your local asian grocer is out of Thai REdbull then sip back on a 180 from the nearst conveniant store.

Ron Swedelson
06-21-2004, 10:05 PM
180 is one of the worst drinks I have ever had. I could not even get through 1/2 the can.
As far as your story goes, I have no idea how much is true and how much is not. I have spoken to Osoitspa in the past, and as far as I know, RB purchased the recipie from them to create their drink. From there, I dont know what went on and what happened.
As a drink, not a big fan of the Thai versions, little too syrupy for me.

Energydude
06-22-2004, 02:41 AM
RB does not look good or taste good it does do anything but leave a bad taste in my mouth. Not a good product at all!!!

Ron Swedelson
06-22-2004, 09:27 PM
thanks for that message Edude, even though that doesnt have much to do with the discution or the last few posts, apreciate that you let us know your feelings on the matter

Energydude
06-23-2004, 11:03 AM
What does apreciate mean?

Ron Swedelson
06-23-2004, 08:42 PM
sound it out

Energydude
06-24-2004, 12:02 AM
I wish you did you would have spelled it right! :rolleyes:

Ron Swedelson
06-24-2004, 10:04 PM
possibly, but its always a gamble if I am going to spell it right.

Energydude
06-25-2004, 02:15 AM
:rolleyes:

<Rubberpig>
06-26-2004, 03:34 AM
However, the Thai version is not licensed to be sold in the US and therefore is subject to confiscation by US Customs. weeeird...I just bought a case of 50 from my local oriental food market...So if Im POSITIVE that I bought them..because Im enjoying one w/ a lil tater' vodka as we speak, then it seems strange that they arent licenced to be sold in the us...especially when theyve got nutritional info labeled on the side in eng... Seems like they would have gone through a lot of effort to sell them in a place theyre arent licenced to be sold..Conspiracy??? ***queue x-files music***

Ron Swedelson
06-26-2004, 01:04 PM
I know a lot of Thai version drinks are avalible here in the US and are legal. I do know the caffiene amount is higher than what the FDA allows, so there must be some sort of loophole or something to allow it here.

Startup Dude
06-26-2004, 05:04 PM
My guess is that Thai Red Bull is sold in the US as a 'dietary supplement' and not a beverage, as it is in Canada. Dietary supplements are normally not subject to same regulations.

<fieroX>
08-05-2004, 11:34 PM
yesterday I put a kratingdaeng 150ml bottle in my freezer to make it real cold. I forgot about it, and left it there for about an hour and a half until i returned home. I then took it out, and looked at the bottle. To my suprise it was still completely liquid. so, I gave it a little shake to get ready for consumption, and it instantly froze into a solid piece. weird stuff.

krat rules!

TREX
09-18-2004, 09:14 PM
is it legal 2 sell the other red bull version in the usa

rosakat
12-16-2004, 11:21 AM

rosakat
12-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Hi Big Daddy,

I am concerned to hear that your pregnant wife is drinking Thai Red Bull, which is much much stronger than normal Red Bull. After the deaths of an Irish student and 3 Swedish people which have been linked to drinking normal strength Red Bull, the Food Safety Protection Board put together a report which you can read by following this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/consumer/red_bull.shtml

The report makes the following recommendation:
stimulant drinks should be labelled with an indication that they are unsuitable for pregnant women, children (under 16 years of age), and individuals sensitive to caffeine.

Hope this helps, all the best :)

maxxo
02-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Krating Daeng, the original Red Bull is the historical drink of Muay Thai fighters and the Thai army, the symbols of the bulls are a Buddist symbol that is hundreds of years old, it cannot be copyrighted, try and copyright the "cross" or a "swastica", it cannot be done. Red Bull Austria is owned by the original Krating Daeng company in Thailand, a Thai pharmaceutical company that owns 51% and control of Red Bull Gmbh Austria. Krating Daeng (Thai Red Bull) was sold in the US before Red Bull Austria opened up its office in Santa Monica California, the Austrian subsidiary company was already so powerfull it lobbied the FDA to stop the import of the Thai version on the grounds it contained FDC Yellow, a proibited food coloring that causes cancer (the same coloring that M&Ms candies used), thus the FDA notified Customs to stop the shipments. The importers were mostly Thais living in Los Angeles and saw what they up against, Red Bull Gmbh with its hot shot lawyers could not be stopped. The parent company in Thailand, didn't really care because regardless of which product is in the market, they make money, whether its the original version or the Austrian version, the profits get back to them anyway. Canada does not recognize Yellow #5 as harmful which is why in Canada you can buy Thai Red Bull or Austrian red bull at any supermarket or club...The ingredients are almost the same except the Austrian version is diluted with soda water and a drastic decrease in Vitamin B, and of course the yellow coloring was removed otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell in the US.

angelheart
01-15-2006, 04:57 AM

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Luckily my husband buys heaps of this stuff so i have a bottle handy with the ingredients from the 'genuine' stmaped lable.

Active Ingredients:

Niacin 0.13mg/ml
Pantothenic Acid 0.033mg/ml
Vitamin B60.02mg/ml

Water Sugar

so i'm just assuming that it doesn't contain caffiene. It also says consult a doctor for pregnant women. I'm breastfeeding and drink about 1 or 2 a week and have seen no adverse effects in my baby and morning sickness mine sucked! GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS!!!

Mr Zabe
01-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Just me and with respect and good intentions; IMO it might be a good idea to ask your doctor both OBGYN and pediatrician for their feedback if this beverage has any danger to your baby or yourself during your period of breast feeding.

DudeMan
01-19-2006, 02:39 AM
HERE ARE THE FACTS:

Thai Red Bull is made by a company called T.C. Pharmaceuticals. Thai Red Bull is not made by Osostspa. Osostspa makes M-150, Shark bottle, and Shark Can.

Thai Red Bull contains among other things: 50mg Caffeine, 800mg Taurine, and 24g of sugar per 150ml bottle.

Thai Red Bull is the ORIGINAL Red Bull. T.C. Pharmaceuticals invented Red Bull and the Double-Bull Design. The Red Bull cans we have in North America are made by Red Bull GmbH Austria. The president of Red Bull Austria visited Thailand years ago and asked TC Pharmaceuticals for distributuion rights of Red Bull in the rest of the world. TC agreed and in exchange holds 51% of Red Bull GmbH Austria.

This means that TC Pharmaceuticals in Thailand, keeps 100% of profits from the sales of Thai Red Bull AND 51% of the profits from sales of canned Austrian-made Red Bull that we see every day.

The Austrians have made Red Bull popular worldwide and are still frustrated that this Thai company gets most of the profits however they cannot do anything about it.

The Red Bull we see every day is a watered down, carbonated and canned version of the original 150ml bottled Thai Red Bull, invented in Thailand by T.C. Pharmaceuticals. The name Red Bull and that Double-Bull Design are costing the Austrians 51% of their profits every year.

T.C. Pharmaceuticals of Thailand and Red Bull GmbH of Austria are legally 2 separate companies. One is simply a majority shareholder of the other. T.C does not get involved at all with distribution or marketing of Red Bull Austria's product.

I entirely agree with energydude that Americans should buy American made energy drinks. Red Bull is imported into the US in 40ft containers from Austria. Should Americans have to pay more money to cover a foreign company's ocean shipping and marketing costs? NO. BUY AMERICAN AND SUPPORT YOUR NATION.

If you like the non-carbonated syrupy taste of the original Thai Red Bull, look out for 100%American made Rage Liquid Energy. If not, you still have 850+ American energy drinks to choose from!

DudeMan
01-19-2006, 02:54 AM
hi...i was wondering if anyone can help me!

i have a university project where i have to re-brand red bull for 45-50 year old men.

does anyone have any ideas on how i can do this?
i have a few ideas, but i would appreciate any further help that anyone can give me!

thank you Tell your teacher to cancel the project because if you start drinking Red Bull young enough, you won't live to be 45-50 anyway!

This Austrian made crap is made by a company that does not care about the health of Americans and continues to push their junk even after 5 people died from drinking Red Bull.