PDA

View Full Version : A world without Red Bull

The Alternative Crow
02-08-2004, 01:11 PM
If Red Bull had never existed, who would take over? Who would be the followers of the winners? What would be the problem without bull. Would it be good if the Skeleteens took over? You decide. For question #4, It means if there would be a next huge drink coming out.

[ 02-11-2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: The Alternative Crow ]

<Genu>
02-11-2004, 02:40 PM
:confused: Who are da Skeleteens? :confused:
Betta' na' take o'er da world! tongue.gif Ar' day sum type o' rock band o' are day a soda brand? :confused:

The Alternative Crow
02-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by &lt;Genu&gt;:
:confused: Who are da Skeleteens? :confused:
Betta' na' take o'er da world! tongue.gif Ar' day sum type o' rock band o' are day a soda brand? :confused: First of all Genu, please don't talk like that. It's very hard to understand. Next off, the skeleteens are a soda company.

Xtrem
02-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Funny how Genu and The Alternative Crow have the same IP Address

The Alternative Crow
02-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah I know. Funny, yet I died a little inside.

Shatter
02-12-2004, 02:17 AM
There's no sense in the poll, because if Red Bull had never existed, then there would be no other energy drinks. They are all rip-offs of Red Bull, so if the original didn't exist (which would be great, as far as i'm concerned) then the companies whipping out get-rich-quick me-too energy drinks wouldn't have gotten the idea to make their rip-offs (which would really, really, really be great).

Without the inspiration for energy drinks, then people would still be drinking Mountain Dew and Jolt for quick energy.

Energydude
02-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Shatter.. :confused: You are either not very bright or a RB Rep. RB did not invent energy drinks and not everyone is trying to rip them off there are a few companies simply trying to make a better energy drink than RB and frankly it is not hard to make one that does look and taste like urine. ;)

Ron Swedelson
02-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Red Bull is not the original energy drink. There has been and were many drinks before them. Red Bull just did it right when they introduced themselves to the US. We can all argue that if Red Bull never presented themselves the way did and never opened up the $2 can marketplace, that no drink might have ever had that sort of magic. But don't say Red Bull is the original, because they are not.

Coco Rico
02-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Ron,

You are sort of right. Red Bull is not the original energy drink, that concept has been around in Asia for over 30 years. Before the European version, Red Bull was a working class energy tonic (one of many) in Asia that truck drivers and manual laborers used to get them through the day. However, Red Bull was the first energy to be brought to Western Europe, they were the first to use the slim cans, and they were responsible for creating the entire energy drink category as we know it today, including the $2 price point. That is all undisputable fact. Shatter is correct, without Red Bull, there wouldn't be an energy drink market in the US period. And there would be no Sum Poosie and no Energydude either (who by his last post, apparently has tried urine)... you take the good with the bad...

CR

sidenote: if your urine looks like Red Bull, please drink some water, because you are seriously dehydrated.

<miguelggarcia>
05-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Ron, you said nothing but the truth... Red Bull created the category, created the can design and now everyone is trying to get something out of it... I think that nobody can say that there is a better energy drink (ans you can't say that there's a better soup, coffee, beer or whatever), because it depends on the indvidual consumer. I decide which is the best energy drink, you decide which is the best energy drink and, edude (yes, even edude) decides which is the best energy drink.... In short words: it is subjective. The only subjective are the numbers: market share, market penetration, years on the market, and so on are more objective ways to qualify... And even them won't say which is the best energy drink (or soup, or deodorant or whatever), they just will say which one is more sold, or in more places or during a longer period of time (oh, by the way, RB is the first in each of those aspects)... I just would like to know the market share of Sum Poosie, or BIB, or other energy drinks (Let me guess... 0.05%??) smile.gif

Energydude
05-01-2004, 07:57 PM
I am sure Coke still says that about Pepsi!!!

Copycats!!!!

RB is a nasty little drink that is expensive and looks and taste like crap not to mention WAY too much sodium. And yes it does look like a urine sample!

Ron Swedelson
05-01-2004, 08:15 PM
did Edude just dodge another question? That is so unlike him.

toby1
05-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:
I am sure Coke still says that about Pepsi!!!

Copycats!!!!

RB is a nasty little drink that is expensive and looks and taste like crap not to mention WAY too much sodium. And yes it does look like a urine sample! and how much sodium is in SP?

Ron Swedelson
05-02-2004, 01:24 PM
45 mgs. I think. But if sodium is your problem Edude, what about Red Bull Sugar free?

Energydude
05-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Ron.......H E L L O !!! RB sugar free also has 200 mgs. of sodium 7 times greater than what is in SumPoosie or Think Pink. Way way too much sodium!!! Liquor plus all that sodium.... Its the recipe to look like a puffer fish!

Ron Swedelson
05-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I guess...I dont follow sodium...but I guess I am young enough to not worry about it yet. You say alcohal with that....does hard alc. have a lot of sodium?