PDA

View Full Version : Poll: SP, where is it?

toby1
05-10-2004, 05:54 PM
I wanted to ask everyone here this simple question because most of us are in the Bev industry and are in the field more than behind a desk.

What area/region/state/city do you work in?
do you see distribution of SP? and to what extent?

Here goes mine real short n simple.

New England, and never seen it! no where!!

Tahts-a-dats-ago
05-10-2004, 06:05 PM
I am not in the beverage industry - but I am often in the field. I have never seen SP in any of the establishments I've been in. I am primarily in the southern NJ area - though I also (sometimes) work out of the eastern PA area.

glassbottlesrule
05-10-2004, 07:08 PM
In the Motor City I hit every c-store, party-store and grocery around. Have never seen it. I did see it at Jungle Jim's in cinnci in Feb. But was gone with no shelf space in May.

NLE Dan
05-10-2004, 07:12 PM
I work all over the midwest, but am stationed in Chicago, and I've seen it in a few lone independent c-stores around the midwest, but not in any regularity.

Ron Swedelson
05-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Primarily CA and NV, but as of Feb, was working Colorado and West, even Alaska. Never saw the brand in any store. A few people heard of it, but thought it was nothing more than a joke. So, work a big area, never seen a store carry it.

Energydude
05-10-2004, 09:49 PM
I can help !!! SumPoosie is in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Texas, Louisianna, Alabama, Nevada, Mississippi, Iowa, Arizona, and Orange County in California. Next week Chicago and New York City will begin with distribution.

SumPoosie is less than 2 years old and just continues to grow. The new bottles and all the new girls game in today and look amazing !!!

The bottle glows under black light and now the side of the bottle shows the product inside all the way to the top!!! Very very cool!
The six new girls are very hot and I am sure will be very popular. :D

<AllProDist.>
05-10-2004, 11:49 PM
My Company works the Bay Area and Central Valley in No. Calif. We have never seen it in any of our 500 stores and I have a gut feeling we never will. My counterparts in Orange County also have never seen it. Good Luck Energy D!

Energydude
05-10-2004, 11:59 PM
I am sure they will make an effort in California when they are ready. From what I know they have a small distributor in the LA area that services only about 100 accounts. He mainly takes care of Spencer Gifts which begin selling the product nationwide this month. I am sure SumPoosie will do very well in California! It just takes a good distributor... I wish I lived in CA can you imagine selling SumPoosie in CA !!!! :eek: :eek:

toby1
05-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Energydude:
It just takes a good distributor... I wish I lived in CA can you imagine selling SumPoosie in CA !!!! :eek: :eek: Doesnt every distributed product??

On that note.....I was visiting my distributors in Ga a few weeks back and never saw SP, on or off-premise, but then again I dont go into Spencers Gifts.

PopNutz
05-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Never seen it in Mississippi, Texas, Louisianna, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, or North Carolina, but I have seen it in Florida and Tennessee. The bad thing about it is every bottle that's out here in the South that I've seen is out-of-date and they don't seem to care because the few stores that I have seen reorder get the same old stuff in. That tells me that the distributors down here are stuck with a lot of product they can't move and don't care about quality.

toby1
05-11-2004, 09:33 AM
so far we've got Tenn, Fl, and Cinn, oh and a few independents in the midwest which could be Cinn.

I believe we've covered the whole country except for the northwest, unless thats you Ron? and the midatlantic.

Would love for SUM others to confirm this because this is very inlighting!

Ron Swedelson
05-11-2004, 12:16 PM
No, southwest here. My Orange County Dist. has not seen the brand either. But hey, did any of us really expect anything different.

toby1
05-12-2004, 12:28 AM
hey Pop, you say Fl ...yes? well how bout the Paw?
Ya know the pink BIB.
Seen it in any of those 200+ clubs/bars that edud was in?

NLE Dan
05-12-2004, 02:42 AM
Well edude, I saw it today in Iowa, but only in Des Moines, and not in very many accounts there, but who knows, maybe distro will grow sometime soon. Look forward to see how it goes over in Chicago. do you know who is distributing it here?

PopNutz
05-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Toby, I've never seen edud's BIB in any bar in Florida or anywhere else for that matter. Remember he couldn't name ten accounts much less one that they were in and now he say's that it won't even be at the big :rolleyes: Country Thunder event that he's bosted about but his hand sanitizer will?!?!?! WAFM!!! I really wish he would answer a few questions every now and then but when he gets backed into a corner he just doesn't respond at all. To me that just shows the lier he is.

Ron Swedelson
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Thats why I have decided to stop posting in responce to Edude. Ill still chime in and if someone else says something, great. But I am done trying to talk directly to Edude, it doesnt get anyone anywere.

johnnyrockets
05-12-2004, 03:54 PM
well the latest I heard was that Edude is now selling "SUM POOSIE as Hand Sanitizer". It kills germs like nobodies business. And the pump bottles will have a Big Pink Paw on it (to signify the hand sanitizing theme) You can also get SPHS in a jumbo bag (SIB) great for those who have real dirty hands.

Hey Edude...I want to talk to you about possible becoming my Ad Campaign Manager on this new potato peeler invention I'm working on. I'll let you know when I have it perfected!!

Take Care :cool:

[ 05-12-2004, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: johnnyrockets ]

toby1
05-12-2004, 06:37 PM
thats friggin funny Johnny!!!! :D

Do you see SP or PAW BIB anywhere in your neck of the woods? whereever that may be.

Tahts-a-dats-ago
05-12-2004, 06:47 PM
E-dude might be onto something here: SP as a hand sanitizer. The name probably wouldn't bother most mechanics and the "art" on the bottles wouldn't hurt either.

I'll have to ask the local Snap-On guy if he is going to carry SP hand cleaner.

Tahts-a-dats-ago
05-12-2004, 07:09 PM
SP is in PA?

Driving through PA with a bottle of SP in your Yugo doesn't count Dustin/Drayton - which areas of PA do you currently have distribution in?

Philadelphia would make sense from a population standpoint - but, it isn't there. If Philly is one of the areas supposedly targeted (in PA) - drop your distributor.

Just so you know E-dude: RB is everywhere - supermarkets, C-stores, Mom & Pops, Bars, Nightclubs ....... everywhere!

Other (of your)competitors found (in the South Jersey/Philly market: Rockstar, Amp, Monster and a few other brands (whose names I couldn't recall)

I don't know how well those (other) brands sell - either they sell, or the salesman did a good job of getting them placed and the product is just sitting there. I don't know - or care.

RB not only has placements: they have small coolers in many of the C-stores and some supermarkets. For a brand that tastes, as you claim, like urine (which begs the question of how you came to be familiar with the taste of urine); RB has done an amazing job of capturing a faithful audience. Few brands can lay claim to such a feat in today's market.

Somehow I suspect the task ahead of you is insurmountable for the brand you've chosen to push: you don't have the product recognition, distribution or consumer retention necessary to dethrone the king. Not that you shouldn't try - you should. However, tossing insults on a beverage forum isn't going to do a thing to promote your product (handcleaner or not).

The 99 cent stores are full of discontinued beverages that just couldn't make it in the market. I'd look for SP there - but it doesn't seem to have made it to the market in the first place. Perhaps you could bypass the market entirely and go straight to the discontinued shelf in the various discount stores?

Energydude
05-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Taht .... SumPoosie was started 18 months ago and I came aboard soon after because I believe in the product. There is no question we are a nation of followers. The majority of people think RB is crap. Yes it has a following but why? Is it the great taste, or smell??? NO it is because you get a buzz if you drink a couple. People have been smelling glue for years !!!! Does it taste good no.... Does it smell good....NO!!! It gives them a buzz you idiot!!!

Right now there are 16 small distributors like me trying to get SumPoosie out there the best we can.
I get calls every day one after another.... it is impossible to keep up with the demand. I have never seen anything like it. Say what you want the product sells and sells very well.

We are at Bike Week all week in Myrtle Beach and Taya will be appearing there. Hundreds of bikers will stand in line to meet her. The 2004 Bottle Models are now out so.......watch out!

toby1
05-13-2004, 12:12 AM
The majority of people think RB is crap. Yes it has a following but why? Is it the great taste, or smell??? NO it is because you get a buzz if you drink a couple. People have been smelling glue for years !!!! Does it taste good no.... Does it smell good....NO!!! It gives them a buzz you idiot!!!

Right now there are 16 small distributors like me trying to get SumPoosie out there the best we can.

We are at Bike Week all week in Myrtle Beach and Taya will be appearing there. Hundreds of bikers will stand in line to meet her. The 2004 Bottle Models are now out so.......watch out! ok ....you have shed SUM light on this "LACK OF DISTRO" edud. "Small" distributors? and 16 at that! I give you 18 more months and this item is done!

You want to call tahts an idiot when you ask if people can TASTE with their NOSE?
pot-kettle-black!

And as for the MAJORITY of people thinking that RB is crap! did you poll "the MAJORITY"? no you didnt!!!! its just your lil jealous invious LIES that you fabricate to make your "non-disributed" product look good!

and I really want to see one BIKER drink a PINK drink! your the idiot! they are there to gauck at the WHORE you are PIMPING out!

not an idiot, sorry your just AFM!!!!!!!!

Ron Swedelson
05-13-2004, 02:02 AM
If Sum people were honest off the bat and said things more like, were are just entering markets and little by little getting more attention and sales in our markets. We are with small distributors, so you wont see us everywere, but these guys are working hard to get us into important accounts. Or, we know our sales can not be talked about in the same conversation as RB's sales, but we think we have a great product that will turn heads and give a different option than just RB.
If SUMone came in and talked more like that, I think they would be given more credit and have better comunication with everyone.
When you come in with stupid sales pitches to a bunch of NON-BUYERS, and insults when you are questioned, well its no wonder you have not had anyone side with you on any post here in recent time.

Cool Drinks
05-13-2004, 04:01 AM
My team service X,000 no. of accounts in 5 boroughs of NYC. We only saw one. Of all places, its in a gym.
Sorry Edude, youre definately not in New York City.

PopNutz
05-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Once again I'd like to point out how edud side stepped almost all of the questions laid out here. The main one I want to know is how much longer are the SP guy's going to leave out-of-date product out in the market? Do you really want a first time buyer to get sick off of your product? I know you don't have to worry about repeat buyers getting sick........cause there aren't any :eek: !!!!

Energydude
05-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Cool Drinks for your information New York is getting their product this weekend and by the end of the month I will be more than happy to provide you a list of accounts you can buy it at.

Myrtle Beach is covered with SumPoosie and doing very very well. SumPoosie is a small company but growing larger every month. By the end of the year they expect to be selling 30,000 cases a month say what you want its the little engine than knows it can !!! Look for us in Reno and Las Vegas next week too!

The new girls and the new bottles are out today and they are unlike anything you have ever seen!

<SP in Washington State>
05-13-2004, 05:17 PM
FYI---Sumpoosie is the only energy drink served in all of the Deja Vu clubs in Washington State.

toby1
05-13-2004, 05:19 PM
this lil POLL has brought the real story of this drink and its company. it has been said that it is in a few markets around the country and only in a few accounts, small ones at that.
I totally agree with Ron that Dustins sales approach has been all together wrong on this board! Ive said it once and I will continue to say that Dustin needs a slice of humble pie.

He continally says bring something of value to this board.....well on this thread everyone has brought info that rebuts the success of Dustin. So I ask Dustin ... please bring some distro successes not this vague NY is getting it and Spencers is talking about it and its ALL over Texas which Pop hasnt seen. You say that the company will hit 30k cases soon? well whats it at now? on average not the best month no smoke n mirrors.

You talk the talk Dustin however this thread does show that you CAN NOT walk the walk!

Oh and please anyone else around this fine country of ours wanna add sightings or lack there of, let us know.

Tahts-a-dats-ago
05-13-2004, 08:05 PM
It's good that E-dude has chosen this opportunity to shine some light on the poor distribution of his product. As usual, Dustin felt the need to go overboard in his jealous comments concerning the market-leading product; asserting that those purchasing RB are little more than glue-sniffing addicts and idiots to boot.

No doubt, Dustin has stumbled upon a marketing concept overlooked by successful companies: poor product distribution, slandering the competition, belittling potential consumers, ignoring trademark laws, and illogical boasts regarding an unproven product. Way to go Dustin!!!

I happen to agree with Ron; had you chosen to approach this board with less devious methods, I'd fully support you in your quest to grow the brand. As it stands now, I consider you nothing more than a foul joke. I'll look for your brand in the discontinued items shelf in the near future: I can always use some cheap hand-cleaner for the garage.

Energydude
05-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Toby as usual your AFM ! Go to Myrtle Beach this weekend!!! 50,000 bikers and SumPoosie is everywhere !!!!! www.tayaparker.com (http://www.tayaparker.com) she will be there and is on the new bottles. I will have corporate send some bottles over to Bevnet and see how they like the new bottles!

You should all want to try Sum they use Real Cane Sugar !!! How many energy drinks can say that??????????????????????????????????????

Funny.... some of you are having trouble finding it but Jay Leno didn't!

toby1
05-14-2004, 12:04 AM
you think its "funny" that the product you believe so much in is NOT distributed?

I am sure Jay Leno had his people order it on line for $9.95 a bottle! thats how he found it!

Energydude
05-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Toby I don't know but you seem to suffer from short man syndrome! SumPoosie is selling very well in my territory and I help corporate whenever I can. They are not this huge company with millions of dollars they are David taking on Goliath! The fact is it is a amazing product and I think it is kind of cool that you have to look a little for it. I hope I never see the day that SumPoosie is in a Costco!!! Will they ever be as big as RB.... probably not but one thing I can tell you for sure SumPoosie has never and will never go out of style!!! :D

The company is only 18 months old and is coming to the east coast this summer...... chill SumPoosie is cuming your way!

Ron Swedelson
05-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Lollies Cherry Pop...Good energy drink with Pure Cane Sugar. Tastes good, good packaging, and came out before Sum Drinks...wow, I guess Sum drinks are a me-too and not all that original.

Tahts-a-dats-ago
05-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Still no SP handcleaner/energy drink in the south Jersey area.

Let us know when your product will be on the discontinued items shelves E-dude.

johnnyrockets
05-17-2004, 09:47 PM
hey toby...

i haven't seen SP in new York..I had a friend who was involved with the distrib for california but he got out of it when sales were pretty slow.

the funny thing is that it isn't even the product itself that I object to as much as packaging, marketing and PR tactics. SP needs an image overhaul..hence the PAW I suppose! :eek:

[ 05-17-2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: johnnyrockets ]

johnnyrockets
05-17-2004, 09:53 PM
the only thing i can't figure out is which "Bottle Model Drawing" is supposed to represent taya? I mean come on..that is a serious stretch because none of her pics on line even come close to any of the bottle model art...

is there one chick who is a bottle model that isn't a stripper by the way? Just curious :rolleyes:

Energydude
05-18-2004, 10:50 AM
www.tayaparker.com (http://www.tayaparker.com) is one of the bottle models and it looks just like her. She was mobbed at Bike Week in Myrtle Beach. Jessica is not a stripper, Jen is not, Lauren is not....

The Bottle Models are the best of the best!

Ron Swedelson
05-18-2004, 12:52 PM
the picture looks pretty much like her, but she did not appear to have a good plastic surgeon. He used implants to big for her body. You can already start to see the ripple effect on the outer edges of her breast. This will only get worse with age. So, I guess enjoy her while you can.

boodoo
05-18-2004, 03:48 PM
My company services over 1200 independent c-stores in the DFW area. I also make it a point to regularly check the chain c-stores here as well (like 7-11, Exxon, Diamond Shamrock, EZ Mart, Quick Trip, Racetrack...). I have yet to see this highly touted beverage. I don't frequent bars so I can't comment on distribution there. Who is the distributor in Texas?

toby1
05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
this product just seems to be NOWHERE!!!!

can you explain this ???? SUMbody?

only two people have said they have seen it and one said the product is out-of-date!

this doesnt look good edude. please explain...not ramble on as to what SP wants to do in 6 months or as to how many distributors are planned to come aboard.

explain the current lack of distro! or can you?

toby1
05-18-2004, 07:45 PM
I can help !!! SumPoosie is in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Texas, Louisianna, Alabama, Nevada, Mississippi, Iowa, Arizona, and Orange County in California. IM SORRY EDUDE......I didnt mean where have you sent your $9.95 sample bottles......

I meant where is it being sold.

Obviously everyone here understood what I was asking but you .... so now whos "AFM"?

<HYFEE>
06-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by &lt;AllProDist.&gt;:
My Company works the Bay Area and Central Valley in No. Calif. We have never seen it in any of our 500 stores and I have a gut feeling we never will. My counterparts in Orange County also have never seen it. Good Luck Energy D!

<HYFEE>
06-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by &lt;AllProDist.&gt;:
My Company works the Bay Area and Central Valley in No. Calif. We have never seen it in any of our 500 stores and I have a gut feeling we never will. My counterparts in Orange County also have never seen it. Good Luck Energy D! FGHDGH

<HYFEE>
06-25-2004, 06:11 PM
ALLPRO HOW CAN I REACH U?