PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Ice sited in NY

<Ron S>
05-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Hey, what gives??? I just heard a Liquid Ice commercials on my local KTU 103.5 Radio. Iam also seeing their liquid ice trucks and PT cuisers in New York City, and all of a sudden, its all over the shelves.
Who the hell is Specialty Beverage?

Has any one tried this drink yet?

toby1
05-23-2004, 11:05 AM
never heard of these guys .... I do find it funny that THIS company can make itself know in NYC to the point that people are asking about it here on this board .....yet "SUM" glass bottle drinks "THINK" they are widley distributed!

SP/TP/PAW isajoke!!

Lepke
06-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Toby
This guy is obviously a shill for liquid ice. NO ONE is asking for this liquid crap. Ice t is a has been and there is no buzz even in New York where the producer of this junk, the cult 45 distributor is located.
Liquid ice was in a few stores here in jersey back in February but now it’s gone. Well not gone from all the stores some of the stores still have stock left over from the 1 or 2 cases they bought back in February.
Truth be told more people around here are interested in SP then LI.
I will give them credit for not giving LI an offensive name like pimpjuice. I’m sure they would have no problem giving it an offensive name they just didn’t think of it when developing this brand.

“ Hey, what gives??? I just heard a Liquid Ice commercials on my local KTU 103.5 Radio. Iam also seeing their liquid ice trucks and PT cuisers in New York City, and all of a sudden, its all over the shelves.
Who the hell is Specialty Beverage?

Has any one tried this drink yet? “

Look at this. Who else would post some thing like this but a frustrated sales man trying to get someone, anyone to talk about his or her product?

What gives? Ron s what gives?

Cool Drinks
06-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Here we go again.... :rolleyes:
Don't you have any other things to do but bash Liquid Ice. If nobody replies to the post, let it go. What a dumb ***!
For your information, LI is NOT officially distributed in NJ. Only a handfull of accounts are there. It is however in NY.
Most of the members here are related to some type of drink. If they are a distributor in the NYC area, they would know that its begining to hit the selves. Whether it sells or not? Its none of your business cause your drink is not even here.
If anyone REALLY want to know its presence in NY then ask a real source like the RB, Vitamin water, Snapple, etc guys.

Lepke
06-10-2004, 07:20 PM
“Don't you have any other things to do but bash Liquid Ice. If nobody replies to the post, let it go. What a dumb ***!”

I bash many of the dogs on the market not just liquid ice.
I give credit where I feel credit is due and praise many brands that I feel deserve praise.
And no I have nothing else to do

“For your information, LI is NOT officially distributed in NJ. Only a handfull of accounts are there. It is however in NY.”

If it’s NOT officially distributed does that mean people are making big money in the liquid ice black market?
One would think the producer of such an outstanding brand as liquid ice would be able to find a distributor in a neighboring state that is only across the river and a very few miles away. While I don’t distribute in New York City I do visit several times a month. While there I often look in the stores to see what’s out there and maybe pick up something interesting to taste that is not available in my area. I have however been hard pressed to find liquid ice in any of the stores I’ve visited in Brooklyn, Queens or Manhattan. Perhaps I just didn’t see the one facing way down there in the bottom corner of the cooler.

“Most of the members here are related to some type of drink. If they are a distributor in the NYC area, they would know that its begining to hit the selves. Whether it sells or not? Its none of your business cause your drink is not even here.”

I try to make it my business to know what sells and what does not.
You or your buddy Ron S posted in this forum that makes it my business as well. I am free to give my opinion on this board and will continue to do so. If you don’t want my opinion simply don’t post here or don’t read my posts. It is your choice.

“If anyone REALLY want to know its presence in NY then ask a real source like the RB, Vitamin water, Snapple, etc guys.”

I speak with reps in the New York market from time to time; liquid ice has never come up. I’m sure they are impressed and Red Bull is quite concerned about the 0.006% of the market your brand has taken from them.

Cool Drinks
06-11-2004, 05:30 AM
Thanks for showing your great analitical skills. You've just took my post and broke it down. Now analyze this:
1. Yes, you have nothing to do.
2. NJ is not officially distributed. (I wonder what that means??? maybe cause we're new and not there yet? NAHHHH...
3. What does beginning to hit the selves mean???
Lets think about that for a minute...
4. Ask RB, VW, Snap etc. This is meant for everyone else. We already know what youre going to say already.
5. I dont remember saying that it was widely distributed? How did you extract that?
6. "shill"? is it an automatic shill if you dont like the drink?

Do me a favor, play nice. Bashing will only tarnish your reputation.

Lepke
06-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Saw a liquid ice suction cup rack in a store today, it was filled with pimpjuice.

Cool Drinks
06-12-2004, 03:38 AM
I guess the Liquid Ice sold out????? Thanks, I'll go and restock it.

Energydude
06-14-2004, 12:29 AM
If it makes you feel any better Lepke SumPoosie is coming to NJ July 4th!!! New Jersey will never be the same!!!! :D

Lepke
06-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Edude what New Jersey counties will be served?

It’s funny the title of this thread is liquid ice sighted in New York.
Is it so rare to see like a sighting of the loch ness monster or big foot?
tongue.gif

BEVLIFE
08-11-2004, 08:48 PM
I do not know why Liquid Ice is not in NJ - About 8 Months ago they were all over the place through a distributor - I wonder what happened? anybody know?

Cool Drinks
08-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi Bevlife, I think the distributor who was in NJ never took the product seriously so it was pulled from them. Last I heard a new team has been placed to run the new distribution network. You should see more of a presence soon.

BEVLIFE
11-09-2004, 08:54 PM
LI went belly up - distributor in New Jersey and was doing well till the management team spent all the money - I ownder what they plan to do now?

BEVLIFE
11-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Talke dto the distributor in New Jersey said his company ordered the product and LI could not fill the order?

Lepke
11-10-2004, 07:18 PM
One more energy drink bites the dust.
No great loss.
Liquid ice was a joke anyway.

Dude
11-13-2004, 09:47 PM
I don't know what you're talking about cause I spoke to a local rep in northern Jersey and she states that Liquid Ice is still in business. In fact, she said that Liquid Management something is now running the show. They are now distributing in NY,NJ, FL, Bahamas, USVI, and will be heading out to the west coast by the end of the year. You want to know whats interesting? She showed me a new can which looks like a silver. Dont know what it is but it's part of this new companies line. By the way, Tina ask that the old NJ distributor to pay up the bills.
Lepke, Iam another Shill. If I am, I guess Iam still in business.

BEVLIFE
11-14-2004, 09:26 PM
Dude - you must work for lIquid Ice or something, because you seem to defend them alot. Liquid Ice was run by a couple get rich quick guys who had great ideas, but could not make them work. The product I feel was one of the best energy drinks out there. The distributor in NJ is a pal of mine and to my knowledge - they do not owe LI anything - I asked - and his company is the largest independent distributorship in the tri state area - the guy delivers for over 5o companys including KrispY Kreme and Wendy's. I wish LI luck, but most people I talk to have a bad taste in their mouth about them.I also know that my pal got LI authorized in BJ and LI could not come through with the productnad cancelled 3 meeting with the buyer - What is up with that? I think you are right that LI is now run by the people who started it. I wish them luck.

LMP
01-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks Bevlife. Just want to let you know, Liquid Ice energy drink is now owned and managed by Liquid Management Partners. The gentlemens who used to manage the product are no longer involved. We hope to work with all our current distributors and perhaps launch new markets in the very near future. The silver can dude mentioned is infact our new sugar free product.

We hope to join all you folks in having a successfull 2005.

LMP

Titans
05-16-2005, 05:37 PM
I was up in NYC this past weekend and my friends brought me to this 9th avenue food festival. The festival is about 1.5 miles and was SRO, place was packed! There were street vendors and food everywhere and one of the organizers told me that about 1 million people visit this 2 day festival.

I just happened to walk past 47th Street and there was a large crowd gathering around. As I got closer, I noticed it was a Liquid Ice energy drink booth. It looked like a mob scene. People were stopping by the booth to grab taste samples and ask questions. And there in the middle of the street were were 2 beautiful ladies passing out samples too.

The Liquid Ice buzz was everywhere. As I walked up and down the festival, there must have been thousands for everywhere I saw people were carrying and drinking cans of Liquid Ice!!!

Lepke
05-08-2006, 07:03 PM
What ever happened to this crap?
Their website is still up but when you try to look up distribution it asks for a password.
Is their distribution a trade secret?

I guess the only buzz around this drink in NYC was the buzz people got from the exhaust fumes of the truck delivering it.

Red Sox fan
05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
titans,

when did you begin working for LI?

Brainy
05-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Lepke is at it again, trashing drinks. But thats ok, he's entitle to his own opinions.
I happen to like Liquid Ice, in fact I might even go as far as saying its one of the best out there. They've been in business for a while so I guess they're doing something right. But whats the deal with the Password on the distribution. I sure like to know where to get it if its available in my state.
One things for sure, Southern Wine is their Fl distributor. They got nada in Vegas.
Liquid ice, loss the password man. Whats in the box?

Titans
05-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Sorry, but I work for Chase. Are you really a Red Sox fan? What energy drinks are selling in Boston?

Lepke
05-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Brainy:
Lepke is at it again, trashing drinks. But thats ok, he's entitle to his own opinions.
Yes I’m at it again.
I know all about how this junk was developed and rushed to market. I was there.
I just think it’s funny how they sent shills into bevnet to hawk this crap and tell us all about the great “Buzz” in the new York market. Well two years later and you don’t see it in NYC or NJ or any ware else for that matter.

I’ll continue giving my opinion on any drink I please.
I’m the one who has to swap out crap like this that the retailers can’t get rid of.
They leave garbage on the shelves for years taking up space well past their expiration date. The only way for me to get the shelf space is to swap out that crap, as the retailer will never throw it away no mater how old it is.

So I don’t like dogs wasting shelf space. And liquid is just one more dog collecting dust, just not collecting it near me.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-11-2006, 01:43 AM
it is here in wisconsin, everywhere...

Lepke
05-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Is it everywhere because it was sold to the stores and the stores cant sell it? So they are stuck with it on the shelves?
Or does it sell there and that’s why it’s everywhere?

Because it’s nowhere to be found in it’s birth place NYC.

Brainy
05-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Lepke, I'll defend Liquid Ice since you're bashing it.
I think it taste great, you dont. but thats OK. You may like acid and I may I like blue icy pops. But thats OK too.
Rob says he sees it everywhere, good for Them. I see full throttle everywhere, good for them too.

For you to hawk and bad month a drink, it shows that your A22 is talking. Dont you know that a brand may do better in one territory than the other? Hint: Rockstar, just let me know if you want another hint.
How do you know its not selling. Do you really think Rox is selling? May be liquid ice had to swap out your shet when they needed shelve space.
ever think about that.
I saw rox it never sold, the same cans were there everytime I went to work. Rox is a dog. If it doesnt sell in my backyard it will not sell anywhere else.
How do I sound.
If your going to bash a drink, at least do it intelligently. Asking people to see if they've seen the drink and follow up with a bad comment is malicious. Obviously Liquid Ice is still in business so they did something right. If you were there and saw them create this company and know these guys than go freaking ask them and tell us about it afterwards.
If you have something against them, JUST SAY IT.
Dont beat around the bush like Sumpb

Hey bevnet, Can I come on to this board and bad month other drinks and occasionally try to sound like I know what im doing, be a member without getting kicked out?

That was fun, gotta go. see you folks tommorrow.
I’ll continue giving my opinion on any one I please.

Mr Zabe
05-11-2006, 04:45 AM
My two cents.
Speaking about myself, I TRY (I'm not perfect) to say "from my experience or in my opinion" before I give my view on things. I have no problem giving anyone some clarification if my thoughts are not clear or appear to be stereotypical in nature.

I know Lepke;I know that in his area of the country he is an expert in this type of beverage business. He knows his territory very well. Ask him a question or two and you will get to know his background and his style of expression. Most of us on this board have taken some time to get to know each other. smile.gif

Heck many of the board mates at first thought I was mentally challenged for using emoticon short hand such as LOL and LMAO. In time I was able to explain why I was in the habit of doing that. I was not ridiculed as a person,it just took some time for people to get to know me. smile.gif

Lepke
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Brainy:
Lepke, I'll defend Liquid Ice since you're bashing it.
I think it taste great, you dont. but thats OK. You may like acid and I may I like blue icy pops. But thats OK too.
Rob says he sees it everywhere, good for Them. I see full throttle everywhere, good for them too.

For you to hawk and bad month a drink, it shows that your A22 is talking. Dont you know that a brand may do better in one territory than the other? Hint: Rockstar, just let me know if you want another hint.
How do you know its not selling. Do you really think Rox is selling? May be liquid ice had to swap out your shet when they needed shelve space.
ever think about that.
I saw rox it never sold, the same cans were there everytime I went to work. Rox is a dog. If it doesnt sell in my backyard it will not sell anywhere else.
How do I sound.
If your going to bash a drink, at least do it intelligently. Asking people to see if they've seen the drink and follow up with a bad comment is malicious. Obviously Liquid Ice is still in business so they did something right. If you were there and saw them create this company and know these guys than go freaking ask them and tell us about it afterwards.
If you have something against them, JUST SAY IT.
Dont beat around the bush like Sumpb

Hey bevnet, Can I come on to this board and bad month other drinks and occasionally try to sound like I know what im doing, be a member without getting kicked out?

That was fun, gotta go. see you folks tommorrow.
I’ll continue giving my opinion on any one I please. I’m giving my opinion on a PRODUCT.
You are giving your opinion on ME.
I will continue to praise or “bash” any product I choose.
Would you please refrain from attacking me personally?

If you believe Liquid Ice is such a fine product then why don’t you carry the brand?
Or are you not in the beverage industry?

[ 05-11-2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Lepke:
Is it everywhere because it was sold to the stores and the stores cant sell it? So they are stuck with it on the shelves?

Because it’s nowhere to be found in it’s birth place NYC. i dont know if it sells or not, but i think in my personal opinion that it tastes good, once again, that is my Personal opinion

Lepke
05-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Lepke:

Because it’s nowhere to be found in it’s birth place NYC. I clearly asked if it is everywhere because the retailer can’t sell what they have purchased?

Or

Is it everywhere because it really sells?

Rob this post is not directed to you.
And thank you for your honesty and input Rob

[ 05-11-2006, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-11-2006, 11:47 AM
ok, your welcome!

Lepke
05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
In my years in the beverage business I have seen a lot of products come and go.
There are some fantastic sales people out there who really do their legwork and try not to leave a store without a sale. And they do it. These people are good.

But unfortunately in many cases the products they have been charged with placing are simply not going to sell.

Once a retailer has spent his/her money they are reluctant to remove a “dog” product from the shelves. In so very many cases it sits for literally years. Once a can starts leaking they will toss it but not until it’s actually leaking.

Many mom & pop c-stores will have a shelf or two of energy drinks that they just cant get rid of. Each drink is given one facing and it never occurs to the store owner/manager to put them on special just to recoup some of their investment before these products expire. They don’t seem to care if it does expire, they will leave it on the shelf till the acid in the drink rots the can and it’s starts leaking.

This is what I have seen. It is my experience.

So that is why I ask the question is it everywhere because they can’t sell it or because it sells?

[ 05-11-2006, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

MyEdrink
05-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Once again Lepke is trying to bash a E-drink.
Hey Lepke ,

1- Do you own your own E-drink ?
2- what do you do for a living , besides surf bevnet every 5mins of your life.

I can't wait til my drink crush yours in the market. Please dont come knocking on my door for a Job !!!

Mike G
WWW.ROTTENERGY.COM (http://WWW.ROTTENERGY.COM)
WWW.VIDASWORLD.COM (http://WWW.VIDASWORLD.COM)

Here comes the Rott !!!!!!!

BevNET
05-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Mike --

Banned means banned. It does not mean that it's time for you to signup again.