PDA

View Full Version : YJ Stinger new in New York

<YJ Stinger fan>
06-30-2004, 07:16 PM
YJ stinger is a new energy drink from the makers of Stacker 2. It is just fantastic because it has six different flavors. Compared to the bland cardboard taste of red bull it just simply kicks ass. Try it, you won't regret it.

Cool Drinks
06-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Are you sure its new????

Energydude
07-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Stinger energy......6 flavors??? Who cares?

toby1
07-01-2004, 09:36 AM
edude....SP......TP......PAW bib...spensers....who cares!

<YJ Stinger fan>
07-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Cool Drinks:
Are you sure its new???? No, its probably not new it came out last summer and many of the local merchants got screwed because it was not properly distributed. But this year is different. It will become the number two energy drink within the next two years.

PopNutz
07-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by &lt;YJ Stinger fan&gt;:
It will become the number two energy drink within the next two years. [/QB]Maybe, but only if they do something about the taste. Man, Stinger has to be the worst tasting stuff ever.

Energydude
07-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Toby don't be an idiot! Stinger is disgusting in any flavor! Who cares about flavor its like adding sugar to sh*t who cares it's still sh*t!

<YJ Stinger fan>
07-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Energy dude you are definetly Sum kind of *****. I've been in three hundred stores in the past two weeks and I havn't seen your drink anywhere. Instead of slamming other energy drinks why don't you focus on promoting yours from the great capital of world business, Cleveland, Ohio.

SplitLevelP
07-02-2004, 02:25 AM
E Dude has been flapin his gums for a year.He never sent me a sample like I was promised and the product is has 0 % market impact as they are not even for sale here!! As for Stacker 2 I'm a WWE fan and was pumped up about it coming out and it tasted like syrupy death :eek: so i guess if i want syrup that makes you feel like you will choke it down i will stick to red bull.

My edit starts here and I had to since I noticed I was here a month before e-dude yet i'm at 100+ posts and he is over 1000 :eek: I only speak when there something to say but Damn must be you are like a walking popup ad cause I never see anything but "buy my stuff everything else suc*ks". with all the ad ware trouble on the net if you were at least a pop up from adware we could try to do something about it since this is the reason they invented search and destroy and ad aware.Shut the hell up and stop being a cheap a** and buy some space on the web and hire a company to design your site and not just a geocities page either then you can flood the 10 sixteen year old bevis types that come to your site hoping to see some bush & boob on a bottle with the mother load of pop ups and we can stop wasting precious space on this site with all your hype and propaganda or do i need to start http://www.savebandwidth.com :rolleyes:

[ 07-02-2004, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: SplitLevelP ]

Cool Drinks
07-02-2004, 03:19 AM
To be fair, I do see stacker on the selves more and more lately. I also noticed commercials being run on all major radio stations.
However, this product does not move. Too bad all those advertising money is going to be wasted. If stacker had a real product, it would be deadly.
Sorry man, just being honest.

Lepke
07-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Stinger sells very well here in jersey. Their biggest problem is proper distribution.
Or lack of.
Anyone can distribute stinger and anyone doesÂ….. But the storeowner never sees these people again.

<YJ Stinger fan>
07-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Lepke:
Stinger sells very well here in jersey. Their biggest problem is proper distribution.
Or lack of.
Anyone can distribute stinger and anyone doesÂ….. But the storeowner never sees these people again. Your partially right, the product is selling well. The distribution has been a problem but now stacker are getting their ducks in a row. They are selling routes to distributers and cracking down on everyone else that tries to distribute it without a route.

Energydude
07-03-2004, 12:12 PM
SplitlevelP I have posted more than you because I have something to say. You on the other hand seldom bring anything new or interesting to the table so my advice would be silence is Golden!

Next week you will see SumPoosie all over NYC if you can't just hold out another few days. SumPoosie hits NYC on Monday!!!!

Ron Swedelson
07-03-2004, 01:28 PM
All over NYC? Hey if that is true, that would be great for your company, or well Corp. who you say you have nothing to do with. Who are you going with out there (distributor).

SplitLevelP
07-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Energydude:
SplitlevelP I have posted more than you because I have something to say. You on the other hand seldom bring anything new or interesting to the table so my advice would be silence is Golden! Something to say :eek: :D Thats a laugh You are a HUMAN AD you might as well be the guy who comes in the stores selling calculators or the guy selling windows on the phone. NO ONE ON BEV BOARD wants spam on their boards this is why there is mods on most boards :rolleyes: As for bringing new topics to the board that are for one different Look around bev board I'm always starting search or find topics where have you been the last year + :confused: ??? Oh yea that right you were busy Filling up the pages with Sumpoosie ads and odds are you view this board by the search and only query sumpoosie and Energydude and only read and reply to those posts and forget the rest of this site is there. So maybe you would not know. So sell board martyr to someone else we're all stocked up here. :cool:

[ 07-03-2004, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: SplitLevelP ]

Energydude
07-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Sorry if I offended you Split but I still can't find an interesting subject you started...sorry!

TREX
09-18-2004, 08:46 PM
hello all i like yj stinger alot i am seeing more and more of it has 4 flavors and 2 sugar free the sweetner is splenda i think i think it will be a big hit in the next 2 yrs like toby says in his post

Ron Swedelson
09-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Not a big fan of YJ. Had some a few weeks ago, then played some flag football. I felt like I wanted to throw up. Its out here in the East SF Bay, but just not my drink of choice.

upinarms
10-10-2004, 09:01 PM
YJ seems to be limited to certain stores like Wal-Greens, CVS etc. So here in the Northeast I haven't seen it in small stores, I got mine at CVS.

I tried the Punch one and can't say I liked it. Honestly, it was one of the poorest tasting ones I've ever had. I'm not sure if the name reflects the taste, but the aftertaste of the beverage literally "stings" your taste buds with a really sharp unpleasant taste.

Going back to work afterwards I can't say I noticed much of an energy improvement either.

Even Monster tasted better than this, and I find that to have a strange taste, not really offensive but takes some time to open up to. I can't picture myself ever warming up to this one.

TREX
11-10-2004, 03:03 PM
I LIKE PUNCH THE BEST. I GUESS EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT JUST LIKE I DONT LIKE THE TASTE OF REDBULL. I MUCH RATHER A STINGER ANYDAY SO IS PUNCH THE ONLY ONLY ONE YOU TRIED I THINK THERE IS 4 KINDS COLA, PUNCH, CITRUS, RASPBERRY

Stinger_Slinger
01-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by &lt;YJ Stinger fan&gt;:
YJ stinger is a new energy drink from the makers of Stacker 2. It is just fantastic because it has six different flavors. Compared to the bland cardboard taste of red bull it just simply kicks ass. Try it, you won't regret it.

Stinger_Slinger
01-10-2005, 09:23 PM
YJ Stinger has 7 flavors now. I think part of the problem as to why people don't like the taste is because it's best served cold or over ice. Anything served warm other than on a plate would taste awful. Try the citrus or Pounding Punch in a mixed drink, it'll be the best mixed drink you've ever had.....

Robot
01-11-2005, 03:07 AM
nah i have had 2 flavors cold from the fridge at local gas stations recently, and both were horrid..

ill probably give it another go in another flavor, but so far am not impressed.

Christian Prickett
01-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Well, I tried the Stinger in yellow tart flavor. It was like Mt. Dew on crack. Yeah it had a kick and I felt something afterwards, however I got another drink at work once I got there to wash the never ending taste from my mouth. I'd rather have Red Bull.

Buzzkill
01-20-2005, 04:41 PM
The Cola flavor thats definetly the best one along with citrus. The Stinger Cola is much better than the rockstar cola. Most of the stinger flavors are pretty good tasting drinks and original in their own way compared to the Red Bull copy cats like Monster, and Rockstar.

EnergyKing
01-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey YJ why would you want to BUY a route from stinger? They may not be even established. Youll have to build it. You should be given the route if it is not established, and should only buy it if it is by the amount of cases sold each year.

Ron Swedelson
01-30-2005, 02:20 PM
buy a route from stinger? They are giving them to distributors...why would he buy one?

EnergyKing
01-30-2005, 02:22 PM
If you read his prior post that what he says.

Buzzkill
01-30-2005, 02:50 PM
What do you mean they are giving them out to distributors free of charge? What about renting the route?

EnergyKing
01-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Why would you "RENT" a route? Either own it, sub distribute or forget it.

Buzzkill
01-31-2005, 12:59 AM
Well if you are able to rent it instead of all out buying it before you know whether or not it will be successful isn't that a better option?

EnergyKing
01-31-2005, 02:03 AM
You shouldnt have to buy it is what I am saying. If its not ESTABLISHED they should just give it to you. Thats how Red Bull and all the others were started.

Buzzkill
01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
I understand what your saying, but when Red Bull was giving out routes did they give out free vans with them?

EnergyKing
01-31-2005, 06:02 PM
No. But neither will Stinger.

Ron Swedelson
01-31-2005, 06:20 PM
RB didnt start with Van teams either, they grew into it. But they will give you the art work for your van. Plan and simple Buzz, if you buy a route, thats just a waste of money and a scam.

Buzzkill
01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Well If you buy a route from stinger they give you a van and a realitively large amount of cases. The way I look at it is your paying for the van and the cases not so much the route.

EnergyKing
01-31-2005, 09:46 PM
What would you paying for it if you dont mind me asking? And would you have protected territory, I see grocery wholsalers like Mcclane, Harbor and others selling it. Just some things you may want to think about before you proceed, just trying to help.

Buzzkill
01-31-2005, 10:22 PM
30k, per territory, yes I am protected except for the chain stores that have accounts directly with stacker 2. Its to late about deciding weather or not to proceed I got in last summer.

Buzzkill
01-31-2005, 10:23 PM
30k, per territory, yes I am protected except for the chain stores that have accounts directly with stacker 2. Its to late about deciding weather or not to proceed I got in last summer.

EnergyKing
02-01-2005, 12:25 AM
You should look into chain stores then. That may be a good chunk of business.

Beverage Slinger
02-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Buzzkill,if you go into a major chain, you might have to pay your way in,IE buy the shelfspace,my feeling,build a repore with cat. 2 grocers,indies and mom and pops,ect.find your nitch the big guys find not worthy of their time,just a thought from personal exp.I was looking for a simple item a roofing nail,I went to a walmart superstore,NOTHING,Kmart,NOTHING,I had to drive 12 miles to a home depot,this was in AZ.find your nitch, go the xtra mile, when a energy vender goes in once a week,go in twice,once to sell 2nd to work your stock, and build a relationship, because really that IS what its really all about.

Ron Swedelson
02-01-2005, 06:12 PM
How much product are you getting with that? Personaly, I would tell stinger that you will get your own van (buy a cargo van 8-10 years old, or lease one), and ask them for a logo kit, for free. Then buy a pallet or so at a time untill you build the area. Plus, with only one brand, YOU DO NOT WANT TO SERVICE THE MAJOR CHAIN STORES!!!...they will all be net accounts, they will take up a lot of time, you will have to be there 1-2 times per week. And no offence to Stinger, but even AMP barely does a couple cases per week at major chains, so you will be doing a lot of wasted time in the stores and very little selling. If this is your entry into the beverage world, be prepared. Its a lot of fun, but takes a very long time to get your money back. Dont over buy your inventory and open as many mom and pop accounts as you can and make them COD.

pdxbevman
02-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Buzzkill, you say you've been in it since last summer, how you doin? what is an average week case wise?

Buzzkill
02-04-2005, 12:14 AM
First off thanks to Ron and Slinger for the advice, some of which I have already learned on my own. I got 200 cases with the van along with a bunch of other products from the company like pills, and protein bars. We are in many of the mom and pop shops around my area.

During the summer it was really great the stuff was selling like hot cakes, in all honesty i would say that it is the number two drink in my area behind red bull your more likely to find it in a store than any other drink besides for red bull. But then the fall and then winter came, the dark days as I like to call them, And maybe if during the summer my area was selling 800 cases a week during the fall and winter it has slowly dwindled to below 100. It seems to be really relient upon the weather which makes sense but at the same time doesn't make any sense, because the weather has no effect on red bull. Its also because the company was doing alot of advertising on wrestling, howard stern, and local radio stations, but now they've stopped until at least march. I expect to at least break even on my investment by the summer. I like to think thats pretty good compared to other business where it takes a few years to break even or turn a profit.

EnergyKing
02-04-2005, 12:48 AM
You were selling 800 Cases a week? Thats great man.

Buzzkill
02-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah it was, wait let me make sure no one misunderstood me I own 1 part of a company that has 4 routes, So its 800 cases for 4 routes, so I guess its more like its 200 cases a route.

pdxbevman
02-04-2005, 09:40 AM
So in the winter your'e doing like 25. Even RB slows down in the winter! Don't let them tell you otherwise. Sounds like you are doing pretty good for such a short time. Best of luck!

Ron Swedelson
02-04-2005, 09:01 PM
RB does slow down like all beverages. My Jan. numbers sucked for RB..but Feb. has jumped up a good amount...but my route is selling around 900 cases per month less than I was in August. Spring time is comming, hope it gets here faster.

Beverage Slinger
02-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Thats Great!best wishes,hit em hard and heavy and always SERVICE,SERVICE,SERVICE!!!!