PDA

View Full Version : I saw SumPoosie in Chicago today!

Robot
07-14-2004, 03:59 AM
actually I saw it in the burbs, but first time I have ever seen it.. it was on the shelf in a liquor store, looks like it was recently stocked, as it was basically filled to capacity..

i'll let ya guys know how well it sells there, ill pick up a bottle sometime and give it a try, too.

i dont think it will do all that well at this account, as its a liquor store, and it was in a fridge with other sodas/drinks and it was kinda hard to even see it in there.

Energydude
07-17-2004, 02:13 AM
Even the longest journey begins with a single step! It is only a matter of time before SumPoosie is found throughout Chicago!

DietCokeEnthusiast
07-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
looks like it was recently stockedOr nobody's bought the crappy product

[ 07-17-2004, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: WhatTheWorldNeedsNowIsPiBB ]

Energydude
07-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah .... that's a real smart thing to say! SumPoosie is in a glass bottle and uses REAL SUGAR ..... you call that crap? Enjoy your HFCS!

DietCokeEnthusiast
07-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Enjoy my passover coke ;)

Energydude
07-18-2004, 05:19 AM
Kind of sad that they don't care enough to make it right all the time...... enjoy the Passover Coke!

Don't you wish they always made it right?

toby1
07-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Energydude:
Even the longest journey begins with a single step! It is only a matter of time before SumPoosie is found throughout Chicago! THROUGHOUT???
So one store has this dust collector and you call it THROUGHOUT?

Your idea of reality is really "F"ed up!

Ron Swedelson
07-18-2004, 01:24 PM
I like my HFCS. I had a Dr. Pepper from their Dublin plant (I think thats were it is) and they use Cane Sugar still, just didnt taste much different to me. I tried your SP, flavor wise wasnt much different than a sweet Jones Soda. But thats just my opinion.

Energydude
07-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey Toby get a life! Please do everyone a favor and get a life!

SumPoosie is made with quality in mind and I believe that by making the product right (glass and real sugar) it continues to do well and people really enjoy it!

From what I have been told, SumPoosie is going to start being produced in a second location out west because they are looking to start growing distribution out west. Maybe then Ron it will be a little easier for you to find the product!

Chicago just started a few weeks ago distributing SumPoosie and I expect they will do very well.

toby1
07-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Energydude:
Hey Toby get a life! Please do everyone a favor and get a life!

Chicago just started a few weeks ago distributing SumPoosie and I expect they will do very well. WOW!! get a life? Dustin, you are becoming SOOOOOO predictable.
I call you out on your embelishment and you attack me personally with an ignoramous comment.
Then the real story comes out! distribution a few weeks ago....I translate that to the SINGLE pallet showed up in the distributors warehouse on consignment two weeks ago.

So I ask, "DO VERY WELL" does that mean that the next pallet ordered is before the centimeter of dust is formed on the product in the Spencers and sex shops throughout the Chicago area? or is it before the product goes out of date?

Oh and by they way....I have a life, a GREAT one at that. Not one that I have to "EMBELISH" or MAKE UP here on this board (new car, ranch, horses, multiple homes w/ same ip address, bars owned, etc.)

Energydude
07-21-2004, 01:34 AM
What does EMBELISH or EMBELISHMENT Mean :confused: :confused:

I couldn't find them in the dictionary!

Energydude
07-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Oh..... I think you meant EMBELLISHMENT. ;)

Coke04
08-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh, he burned you good... I mean, he's so smart, that Energydude! I never would have caught that extra "L" myself!

Now I'm gonna go try a bottle of pink crap. Oh wait! It's not sold within 5 hours of me.

Energydude
08-24-2004, 04:28 PM
The bottle isn't pink..... but it is all pink inside!!!

Robot
08-24-2004, 06:16 PM
the sumpoosie at the local liquor store isnt selling at all.. i honestly think i am the only person that has bought a bottle; but not exactly sure.. i'll ask the liquor store owner for more specifics regarding it... but from what i can tell, its not selling.

toby1
08-24-2004, 08:33 PM
can anyone or everyone give their opinion as to how much longer this product will be around?

Im giving it Labor Day of 2005. Will no longer be able to find it (true at the present moment) or will be bought out and trashed.

Curious to hear everyones thoughts.

Energydude
08-25-2004, 01:18 AM
Your welcome to your opinion but SumPoosie is really just getting started. They have just contracted with a second company out west to manufacture the product and they are ready to start in the west coast next year.

The product sells itself and many want the product but as we all know good distribution is hard to find but luckily the product is very good!

SumPoosie is now in NY and in a few weeks will be heading for California. The race does not always go to the swiftest.

boodoo
08-25-2004, 09:12 AM
E-Dude,

Your last comment reminded me of a sign I once saw that said:

"Remember, the cheetah and the snail both got on the Ark".

Energydude
08-25-2004, 10:51 AM
LOL !!!! I like that! Thanks boodoo!

pinkdogg
08-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Coke04:
Oh, he burned you good... I mean, he's so smart, that Energydude! I never would have caught that extra "L" myself!

Now I'm gonna go try a bottle of pink crap. Oh wait! It's not sold within 5 hours of me. What part of Ohio are you from dude. I find Sum Poosie all over Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio. Believe it, hell I talked to a guy at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield Ohio and he tells me he sells over 10 cases a week. I see it in bars and nightclubs also convenient type stores. I just thought I would let you know.....

[ 08-31-2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: pinkdogg ]

Ron Swedelson
08-31-2004, 09:18 PM
yeah, you dont seem to be connected to a distributor or the compnay. Please share knowledge about the brand or a cool fact and not how you "just want to let us know" that you got the product all over or something like that.

toby1
09-01-2004, 12:09 PM
I drink RB...I used to work for RB......I support RB........I sure as hell dont ask guys at accounts like Jungle Jims how much he sells of any product, let alone RB.

next time pinkdogg dont be so obvious as to your affiliation to this brand.

Nice call Ron......

pinkdogg
09-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Excuse me for making a statement or two, my response was to the Coke 02 message stating he could not find that product in Ohio. By the way I am in the liquor business and the international foods dept buyer at Jungle Jims in Fairfield is a good freind of mine. What is wrong with him sharing how many cases he sells a week. You two dudes sound like you have some kind of a problem with Sum Poosie? The accounts in Ohio that I call on selling spirits do have the product and the buyers tell me it sells very well. I am sorry but I was just trying to shed some light for the Coke02 dude. Wow what a way to welcome someone new to the board!!!!!!!!! Who crapped in your guys wheaties.

Ron Swedelson
09-01-2004, 09:34 PM
<----doesnt eat wheaties, either Honey Bunches of Oats or whatever crap cereal my daughter has.

Have nothing against Sum Poosie, just tiered of seeing people connected to brands that try to pretend they are not. You say you are not, fine, I dont feel like arguing about what you do with your life. Just seemed to go a little out of your way to tell about how a brand is doing that you have nothing to do with.

toby1
09-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Totally agree Ron...not about the cereal....about this guy.

Only SUMone who is so defensive would be affiliated with this brand.

I dont like the product ...I dont like the person that spams this board thats with the product (eDUD)I dont like his or the companys ideas and tactics, and I dont like the way you cant come to the table and admit your some how with SP (case in point..your name "PINK"dogg)

Oh and welcome to BEVNET, just dont come wearing sheeps clothing being a wolf.

BevNET
09-01-2004, 10:19 PM
It seems awfully odd that a product with < 0.1% market share has more fans on this board than anyone else....

toby1
09-02-2004, 12:29 AM
""It seems awfully odd that a product with < 0.1% market share has more fans on this board than anyone else....

--------------------
The BevNET Staff""

OMG!! Im laughing so hard I think I cracked a rib!!!

BevNET
09-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by toby1:
""OMG!! Im laughing so hard I think I cracked a rib!!! Well, do you disagree? Anyone?

toby1
09-02-2004, 09:50 AM
I have been stating this for a long time.

Disagree? NO!

its about time bevnet RECOGNIZES it. Maybe you guys should hit them (SP) for advertising dollars.

Robot
09-02-2004, 02:05 PM
anyone else find it funny that the guy in the liquor business that ends up asking his accounts about sumpoosie sales, also named his account on here "PINKdogg".... ie: think pink, or the color of sumpoosie..

odd.

glassbottlesrule
09-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Well, you only need to read the member ratings of this stuff to realize they were all written by the same rep trying to sound hip. Anyways, I'm willing to give anything a shot. C'mon I even tried Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray. But the couple of times I've seen this stuff on the shelf I've passed it up Just Because of this board. Luckily for Sum-Body this is not a widely read forum outside the industry.

glassbottlesrule
09-02-2004, 06:07 PM
As far as Ten cases a week going outta Jungle Jim's. The few times I've seen it there it had dust so thick on the bottles the girl looked like she was wearing a Fur.

pinkdogg
09-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by glassbottlesrule:
As far as Ten cases a week going outta Jungle Jim's. The few times I've seen it there it had dust so thick on the bottles the girl looked like she was wearing a Fur. I guess you get into Jungle Jims a lot considering it is about 5 hours away from you. What did you think of all the construction that has been going on? I always have to carry my feather duster with me to take care of my liquor products.
Oh yeah my father's nickname wes red, my brother reddog and me Pinkdogg and none of us have any business doings with Sum poosie. You guys crack me up!!!

[ 09-02-2004, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: pinkdogg ]

glassbottlesrule
09-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Pinkdogg, more like 3.5 hours I'm from Michigan we drive fast here your troopers dont scare us. I make it down at least once a month, gotta get my skyline fix as well. As far as the construction it seems to be about done and the case of africola I bought which hasn't been available from Soda king for months so I'm sure has been sitting at JJ's for awhile was clean as a whistle.

BevNET
09-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by pinkdogg:
[QUOTE]....none of us have any business doings with Sum poosie. You guys crack me up!!! Interesting that you hit the report post button on a random anti-sumpoosie post (below), but don't have biz dealings with them...

A user (pinkdogg at IP 64.12.116.214) has requested that you review the following post by <JoMomma> in a forum you moderate:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried SumPoosie and it tasted SKANKY!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The user's reason for this request is: Who are these people on this board? They all think their some kind of comedian.

toby1
09-03-2004, 01:40 AM
""Oh yeah my father's nickname wes red, my brother reddog and me Pinkdogg and none of us have any business doings with Sum poosie.""

so ur bros nickname is one less "G".....and as far as "PINK"...your not gay are you? not that theres anything wrong with that?

Come on pal...admit you are here to post about SP....trying to get anykindof publicity on this dust-collecting crap.

Youve succeded...we have mentioned this crap of a drink...now do us all a favor and just admit that your acciliated with SP.

sodasommelier
09-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Only the BevNet could drum up enough banter to coin a term such as "random anti-sumpoosie post"!

Actually I have had this drink and it's not bad at all. A little over expensive and too much to commit to in order to get started but anyway it's pretty funny and it seems to really get people into a riot!

Well, it's very hot in LA tonight and that beer under toby1's name looks like the most refreshing beverage for right now!

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-03-2004, 09:08 AM
meanwhile...toby sells margarita ice and hooch! sorry toby, but that tarnishes your street cred a wee bit.

Ron Swedelson
09-03-2004, 09:16 PM
nah...margarita ice, is that the one in the bag you mix with tequilla and freeze? If it is, that is actually really good.

toby1
09-04-2004, 01:47 AM
nope Ron.. wrong one.....heres what I sell.

http://www.margaritaice.com/

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-04-2004, 02:21 AM
A talented dancer named Helena, known for her silky hair and long slender legs, liked to frequent an evening dance club named Del Alma. She was mesmerizing on the dance floor and possessed a captivating beauty; with a smile so enchanting it melted the heart of even the most stoic men. Helena was so magnificent, in fact, men lined up just for the chance to be near her and hear her voice, a sound as gentle and warm as a late summer breeze.

Growing up in a small village in Mexico, young Helena loved to hear stories about her family. Especially the one about her Great Aunt Rita who was a showgirl. Rita, with ruby red lips and a bright green dress, was truly an enchantress who inspired many with her dance. So much so, a bartender once concocted a special drink to honor her. While Helena was out, she loved to enjoy the drink of her family, the Margarita.

Each night, men stood in line at the bar for hours waiting for the chance to order Helena’s favorite drink and be granted the pleasure of her company while she enjoyed it. Mario, an enterprising young man, was too impatient to wait at the back of the line. Grabbing ingredients from the bar while no one was looking, he made his own version of Helena’s drink. He called it Margarita Ice; “Margarita” to honor the family of his love and “Ice” for the way he froze in his tracks the moment her soft chocolate eyes met his. Helena took one sip of the mixture and gasped, “The perfect blend.” Then, she disappeared with all that was left…

…lovely Helena hasn’t been seen since.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-04-2004, 02:22 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WHAT A JOKE!

toby1
09-04-2004, 12:00 PM
WHATS YOUR PROBLEM Run?

Have I or the brands I sell offended you in anysortofway?

What do you sell so we can critique that!?!?

Waiting in baited breath for your response........

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-07-2004, 11:27 AM
sorry man. but the way you dis on sumpoosie, some of the schlep you peddle can't be mocked as well?

toby1
09-08-2004, 12:55 AM
yes it can RUN....just wondering the reasoning behind it....
heres another brand you can mock!!!

http://www.chilibeer.com

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-08-2004, 02:20 AM
that's the reasoning. you sell some mad stupid product. sorry, if sumpoosie comes under attack, and i don't feel one way or the other about it, maybe the attacker's portfolio should be called into question.

if kerry criticizes bush on his choice of sandals, can he not be called a flip-flop wearer?

pinkdogg
09-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Toby1. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!!!!!! Jungle Jim's forever......

Energydude
09-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Anyone who has something nice to say about SumPoosie must somehow be linked to the company???

Just kills you guys that people from all around the world "LOVE" this product!!!

Just kills you!

Maybe its because most products that have come out in the last few years have come and gone but SumPoosie keeps getting bigger and bigger!!!

pinkdogg
09-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey Edude are you the guy that sells the Sum Poosie product to Jungle Jims in Ohio, just curious because your profile says Cleveland.

Ron Swedelson
09-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Edude, you said before it was on its way to CA. Any word on when and were?

tpetry
09-10-2004, 05:38 PM
O'Sullivan...can you tell me what store/burb you saw it in? I'm in Chicago and really interested in trying some.

TREX
09-18-2004, 08:51 PM
i saw s p in nyc one store out of 2000

Energydude
09-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Corporate is talking to several distributors in CA to discuss bringing SumPoosie up and down the coast. I will keep you posted! I don't know anything about distribution out there but I am sure SP will do very well in CA.

toby1
09-20-2004, 08:20 PM
ya know a BEVNET moderator was right....why does this site have so many posts for a beverage with less than 1% market share?

BEVNET needs to rename its site
SUM BEV POOSIE NET

My reply to SP in Cali.....WHO CARES!!! ...........maybe the maids who DUST for a living. More work for them.

Energydude
09-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Well there are plenty of people who do care. Rolls Royce has less than 1% of the market and people around the world talk about them.

Enough said!

BevNET
09-21-2004, 09:11 AM
Touché....but I believe Rolls Royce has almost 100 years of business under its belt and it is one of the most well known brands worldwide. Anyway....

Energydude
09-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Exactly my point! SumPoosie has been around only 2 years and it is talked about around the world!

;)

toby1
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
two things........

eDUD, is Bevnet really "YOUR WORLD"? seems that this is the only place that SP is "talked about".

So your comparing Roll Royce to SP? ROFLMAO!!!!

Like BEVNET said....100 yrs to 2 yrs. EVERYONE knows what a ROLLS is: 8-80, white-black, male-female, American-Zimbabwains, rich-poor ....see where Im going with this? Maybe RED BULL is the ROLLS of energy drinks considering its longevity and recognition and staying power.

SP...maybe its the Lancia...never known and short lived with an attempt at being "sexy".

Energydude
09-21-2004, 11:49 PM
My point is you do not have to have huge market share to be successful.

Rolls Royce is known worldwide and has been around many years. True SumPoosie has only been around for a couple but all things considered it has been on the Jay Leno show and in Playboy Magazine.... not bad for the first 2 years!

The race does not always go to the swift!

toby1
09-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Jay Leno...........
Your product was being "dissed"!!!
You cant see the trees for the forest.
Playboy? how much did Drayton pay for that?

Those arent successes, they are mood points in a pathetic drink trying to stay afloat.

Energydude
09-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Mood points???

The point is Toby the product has been around only 2 years and has received national attention!

The point remains ... you do not have to have a huge market share to be successful and popular!

Just ask ROLEX !!!

Robot
09-22-2004, 04:27 PM
I had seen it at Doti Liquor in Elmhurst, IL..

but they dont have it anymore, it didnt appear to be selling and I guess they stopped stocking it.

drpep
09-23-2004, 02:11 PM
There can't be too much left of this dead horse you guys are beating.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-23-2004, 03:48 PM
so are you going to sell gold plated bottles of sumpoosie for like, 400 dollars? i'll buy the knockoffs on the street from the guys in the trenchcoats for 5 bucks. wait, no.

Energydude
09-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Actually, look for the new white and Platinum Bottles coming out next month! Very Very Cool!!!
I think they will be showing them at bottlemodels.com

EnergyKing
10-29-2004, 01:18 AM
I saw Sum Poosie on ebay for 5 bucks.

johnnyrockets
11-16-2004, 12:05 AM
have been travelling alot lately but thought I'd visit bevnet and had to laugh to see that E-Dude is still here plugging Some Poosie.....

My question is when is Sum ***** going to get a legitimate website? I mean does anyone update that thing? They still have links (that usually don't work) to conventions and bottle model "appearances" from months ago and pic galleries that look like they've been taken from some skuzzy adult site. Is this the way to advertise what E-Dude claims is the next huge explosion on the Energy Drinks market? I think they may need to add a little liquid nitro to the recipe to give it a boost ....I mean come on all ready....

Toby...I agree....Labor Day 2005 unless of course Sum Poosie Big Wigs (ha ha ha)count the novelty shops and red-neck 7-elevens/adult toy shops as their important distributors.

:D

[ 11-15-2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: johnnyrockets ]