PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar?

Nikos
09-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Anyone like this drink?

Why are Red Bull and this drink the same price if there is so much MORE Rockstar? Is Red Bull a lot stronger?

Is Rockstar in general an unhealthy thing to drink a lot of? (such as 1-2 times every other day)?

Thanks!

upinarms
09-30-2004, 07:39 PM
I would imagine plenty of folks like the drink, its the #2 selling energy drink in the states, I believe.

IMO, Its decent. It has a dry ginger ale type taste...much less offensive than Monster. The cola is good, too. Very reminiscent of the taste of Jolt Cola.

The fact that Roc Star is 16 oz, is probably mostly due to marketing strategy. They want to cater to people looking for a better value.

Like any energy drink, its not really healthy. Caffeine isn't really good for you, thats why decaffeinated options are available, plus it has a warning for a reason. I think the general warning for drinks like this is no more than 3 a day.

Ron Swedelson
10-01-2004, 09:29 PM
They are about the same price because RB started and kept the same price point, and RS wanted to compete head to head. RockStar can do this because they product localy in the states, as to were RB is produced in Austria. Also, even though energy drinks may sell for about $30+ a case, it only costs about $6-$8 a case to make. These drinks are not unhealthy for you, but they are not intended to be drunk for health reasons. The warnings are put there to prevent law suits from people who are sensitive to Caffiene and have complications from these drinks.

boodoo
10-04-2004, 08:40 AM
DPSU sells Monster and Rockstar in the DFW area. Most retailers tell me Rockstar is dead and Monster is doing very well.

Red Sox fan
10-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Where exactly is the "DFW" area???

NLE Dan
10-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Dallas-Fort Worth

boodoo
10-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the assist DCDan!

Energydude
10-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Rockstar and many other energy drinks make the mistake of giving their product away to get distributors to buy. Then they make a even bigger mistake and discounting the product to the consumer.

Bookoo, Dickens Cider, Pimp Juice, Impulse, Rockstar, etc. etc. all have serious flaws. None of these products are made with the consumer in mind and lack clear direction in my opinion.

Wired Energy seems like a good enough product but who wants to be wired? It's a negative not a positve.

The reason many distributors like myself get angry is that we are bombarded with energy drinks daily and I see the mistakes a mile away.

RB is like a Chrysler K Car ... they sold a ton of them but the car was awful.

Instead of building a much better car everyone is trying to build a bigger K Car!

Yes, we all know I distribute SumPoosie and I do it because like Boodoo said it is my job to put it on the shelf and it is corporates job to have it sold off the shelf. How hard is it to sell SumPoosie? The marketing is there and is very tight. The product looks and taste better than any I have ever tried.

When looking at an energy drink break it down.
Price, marketing, branding, sell through etc. etc.

Ron Swedelson
10-07-2004, 09:57 PM
How was the consumer not in mind when these drinks were created? RS was to give the consumer a choice and a value. Same with BooKoo. Pimp Juice is for the novelty name and fans of Nelly and Pop Culture.
And what do you mean about giving their product away to get distributors to buy it? This seems to much like one of your posts about SP. You keep saying how bad these drinks taste, but people like them. They all have their own taste and it is all aquiered. I dont know anyone who had their first drink of beer and said "Wow, this is the best tasting drink in the world", but you get used to it and end up enjoying it and associating it with events. Same with energy drinks.

Energydude
10-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Wow, what was I thinking Ron.... your right.

Pimp Juice and Bookoo are wonderful and well thought out products.

boodoo
10-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Well E-Dude you are half right!

Ron Swedelson
10-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Bookoo is moving out here, and if you ask boodoo, he has already said he has good numbers. I know a few distributors out here who sell Pump Juice and have good numbers as well. I personaly think PJ tastes like $h!t, but I have heard from a lot of others that they like it. So whats the problem.

Energydude
10-09-2004, 10:44 AM
No... actually I was just kidding.

Bookoo borders on being dangerous at 81grams of sugar per can and 600mg. of salt per can is simply crazy. Even the low cal stuff has WAY too much salt..... it also has 600mg of salt per can.

Improve you health ... DO NOT DRING BOOKOO

Drinking this stuff is a recipe for being fat and bloated.

Pimp Juice..... well what can I say most people wouldn't be caught dead holding the stuff and it does taste horrible.

EnergyKing
10-10-2004, 03:12 AM
EnergyDude get off your High Horse and think straight. Like I said b4 your not Nationwide, and probably will never be. I think your full of S%$@ and are just upset that the big boys are destroying you. Your stuck on yourself man!!!

Energydude
10-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Um.... try to stick to the issues EnergyKing I know that you are new here so try to stay on topic. If you have something to add about what I said about the above energy drinks go ahead and post.

I am not stuck on myself it seems you are stuck on me. We don't make personal attacks here so try and stay on topic.

Ron Swedelson
10-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Edude, I dont think BooKoo is supposed to make you healthy. yes, I think the rush you will feel is from sugar. But it probably has just as much sugar as a slurpee or something similar. The sodium, well, I dont worry about it, I guess some people need to. Pimp Juice, yeah we agree on the taste, but as far as people holding it, I see it out here. Its a pop culture thing. Dont think it will be here for long, but it is still selling out here.

boodoo
10-12-2004, 08:29 AM
E-Dude, step back just a bit and see the world we live in.

1)Gatorade 32oz is considered a "single serving" by many consumers.

2)44oz fountain drinks are the norm.

3)People flock to "all you can eat" buffet lines.

These may not be for everyone but there is no doubt that industry is and has been "up-sizing" the consumer for a long time. When I started working for my local Coke bottler in 1975 an 8oz serving was standard!

Energydude
10-12-2004, 09:50 AM
So..... we should perpetuate the situation by adding more unhealthy products for people to consume?

Great thinking Boodoo let's just continue to feed Americans unhealthy products in unhealthy portions????

Obeseity and diabetes are growing at alarming rates ... Upsizing everything is not the answer it is part of the problem.

pdxbevman
10-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Energydude, you seem to have a real concern about the health of consumers. Maybe you should switch to selling all natural, healthy products instead of sugar based energy drinks. Or is your point you just can't stand competition?

Energydude
10-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah PDX that is my point.... I can't stand competition. Lord knows when people go to a bar they are going to pass on SumPoosie and demand BOOKOO.... :rolleyes:

My point is this... 30 years ago tobacco companies never thought they would be in the position they are in now. They figured what the hell lets keep selling people this stuff after all it IS THEIR decision.

Well we all know how that turned out !!!

Is is really a good idea to push or sell a product that has huge amounts of sugar and salt and package it so it is consumed all at once?

Consumers are tricked all the time by this deception and do not realize the amount of calories, sugar, and salt they are consuming.

It is my opinion.... I am not asking you to agree with it.

Coco Rico
10-12-2004, 09:36 PM
While I'm all for supporting the ability for a person to make their own decision - the reality is that fast food and the soda industries could potentially become the next "big tobacco"

We are slowing becoming a nation confined to an early death by either heart disease or diabetes.

It's sobering but true.

CR

EnergyKing
11-02-2004, 01:17 AM
Rockstar Cola is very good one of the best tasting out there so far.......upinarms is righ it does have a taste of jolt.

antenna_ball
11-02-2004, 06:38 AM
ENERGYDUDE VS. ENERGYKING WOW!!! WHAT A BATTLE!!!! LETS GET IT ON!!!

Now I have turned into a daily RS drinker and I am concerned about the neg/health effects and what the manufacter refuses to tell the consumers about the health effects. I used to drink reg RS but thankfully I was turned on the Diet RS which does the same thing but no sug. I drink one can per day but have gotten to the point were I have to have one in the morning after my coffee and a ton of water, but I probably should not be drinking so many cans of this stuff.

I wish RS would market the smaller size cans more so that we are not forced to consume so much.

EnergyKing
11-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Thankyou ArcheoType0X1. now on With the small rockstar from what Ive seen it just sits on the shelf.