PDA

View Full Version : REDBULL

EnergyKing
10-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Red Bull is like one of the original energy drinks out there. Why can't we take them on?

I think the only company that has even came close to this is ROCKSTAR.

upinarms
10-10-2004, 07:52 PM
They invented the market basically. Sure, Jolt might have been the pioneers of high caffeine drinks, but RB pretty much invented the 8.0 slim can energy drink market. So of coarse they cashed in and can afford to smother the competition.

Rock Star definately has the potiential to be a strong second...although the brand reeks of cheesiness with the whole 'party like a rockstar' vibe, sex and partying sells.

Look at the Axe body spray ads, very sensual commericals geared at the younger crowd, and it sells like crazy. Rockstar could pull something like that off, imo.

Fruity Pebbles
10-18-2004, 03:16 AM
Being in and out of a number of posts thus far, I have encountered quite a few references to Rock Star being #2 in this particular market. Well, yes, they certainly are. By NO means is this a Coke/Pepsi race. Red Bull completely dominates the market by roughly 68%, and Rock Star pulls in at second at around 7%.

Must give them props, though. Definitely a worthy opponent in the field, as is Sum Poosie, on the merit that there are actually a few On Premise accounts (out of MANY, mind you) that serve these that simply will not pick up RB. I imagine that the percentage of sales that they do in comparison to RBs is enough to make them happy in this ever-metastasizing market.

As for the question, "why can't we take them on?” I can only say that $1 billion (that’s a “B”) in 04' sales plus a persistent, culturally astute and successful marketing strategy equals dominance. But going head to head is often not the plan at all. The perceivable plan is to get a mere piece of this market. And for the most part, they are. Even a small slice of a large pie is appetizing to most. It’s tough to imagine that even the big boys who now carry energy drinks would invest the energy and capital to truly become a contender for #1 at this point.

EnergyKing
10-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Fruity Pebbles must work for RED BULL!

EnergyKing
11-11-2004, 12:14 AM
WATCH OUT REDBULL A BIG ONE IS COMING TO A STORE NEAR YOU!

Ron Swedelson
11-12-2004, 07:43 PM
wow, how many times has RB heard that before?

Fruity Pebbles
11-16-2004, 11:25 PM
You got it right, EKing, I do. But I did not mean to sound boastful. I was merely stating what I have learned and what I believe to be true. Its not too self serving to recite what your particular company has done to get where they are. Again, its good to be on this team, but it might not last forever and despite my feelings I would still have to acknowledge RBs strengths. It is good for the competition to do so as well, don't you think?