PDA

View Full Version : RB for Sale?

Garvis
10-23-2004, 09:14 PM
hey everbody, im new to the board. i heard from a friend, he was at a pepsico meeting, that RB is for sale and has been for a year. also that they were asking an astronomical price. anyone have any input, is this an old story or a new one?

Energydude
10-27-2004, 11:36 AM
I am sure they want out while the getting is good!
RB is slowly losing steam and I see flat sales in 2005. They have done well from 1997 to 2004 you will not see that type of growth in 2005.

I can imagine the for sale sign.....

For Sale

Company that sells nasty tasting and looking drink loaded with salt. Sells all beverage out of tiny little cans NO MATTER WHAT anyone else wants!

Can't imagine why you would have no takers!

I believe RB will go direct before they sell out and laugh all the way to the bank.

mildogg
10-27-2004, 06:30 PM
you just wont stop will you

Fruity Pebbles
10-27-2004, 11:47 PM
He really loved that cat.

Energydude
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Come on be real and think about it !!!

What kind of world do we live in that a nasty tasting drink that looks like urine and mixes well with almost nothing sells well????

If RB were computer software it would be DOS !

I am serious the stuff comes in this tiny can and cost 2 bucks!?! The only thing that saves the product is that it has so much caffeine in it that it gives you a caffeine buzz.

The advertising and marketing is horrible. RB gives you wings!!! Who wants wings??? Fairies have wings!!! What are they trying to say RB gets you high???

If you were on a deserted Island and walked up to you and said hi try this you would probably spit it out. How would you ever know that if you suffered and drank the whole thing it would give you a little pep in your step.

Tell me what makes RB cool??? Is it the great packaging....... don't think so

Is it the great taste....... don't think so

Is it the wonderful smell or look of the product?

HARDLY !!!

So what is it........ oh yeah its the fact that I can drink two in thirty minutes and buzz around on a caffeine high.

It is one of the few products I can think of that has had success and when you break it down you say.......WHY????

It really is just nasty urine yellow like salt water with vitamins in it.

It shows you how all you have to do is make it cool in NY and LA and soon everything in the middle will FOLLOW!

We are a nation of Followers. As you can tell from this election ..... good leaders are hard to find.

pdxbevman
10-28-2004, 05:04 PM
It is one of the few products I can think of that has had success and when you break it down you say.......WHY????
:eek:
E Dude, do you think before you type?

mildogg
10-28-2004, 06:38 PM
can you just go away, your propaganda ruins this board

Garvis
10-28-2004, 07:03 PM
well we heard from e dudd, how about an opinion from all the logical members?

pdxbevman
10-28-2004, 07:50 PM
If I owned RB, I'd sell out now.

mildogg
10-28-2004, 08:18 PM
this company is so strong right now, they would be crazy to sell. I dont know if you guys realize the insane profit margin they redbull makes for simply selling to distributors. they dont have to deliver or manage accounts. they ship to their distributors and reap the benefits of a product that outsells coke and pepsi 20 oz in c stores and gas stations. just think about that last line the next time someone tells you that sumpoosie outsells redbull, or monster is catching up.

Ron Swedelson
10-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Edude, I enjoy the taste and I like the package. Tequilla smells like crap and looks like urine...sells like hell though doesnt it? RB sales are also not slowing down. You should read some reports and get some neilson numbers before you make claims like that. So much Caffiene, it has 80 mgs. You can get that from coffee...How much caffiene does SP have? There was another post that said they found Sp for $2.99 a bottle..doesnt sound like a great deal here. So you have hundreds of drinks that are bigger, more powerful, cheaper, and yet not one of them can touch RB. Yeah, sounds like they are loosing steam. You said the same thing in 2003 about 04's numbers, but you were wrong. Hey, so you are not a fan, great, dont buy it. But there are tons of fans out there that choose RB over the other energy drinks. I have sold many energy drinks in my day, and RB is just a crazy machine. I did not like the way the company was before I worked for them. I thought everyone who worked there was crazy, I thought RB just spent money on events and promos and shelves just because they had to much...I did not like one thing about them...except the respect for their sales. But once I went to work for them and learned how much effort they put into everything and how they protect their brand, its just nothing short of amazing. So you dont like it, dont worry, RB wont loose any sleep over that.

EnergyKing
10-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Redbull is like Snapple when it came out in the early nineties "SNAPPLE" it was big and hot, and now its phase is dying off because of all the other competitors, Redbull needs to accept that.