PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal upswings in sales.

Buzzkill
11-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Most of you have your own energy drinks besides for Red Bull do you notice a dramatic decline during the winter or a upswing in sales.

Drink
11-26-2004, 10:08 PM
I drink Red Bull and I used to drink KMX

upinarms
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Its actually kinda funny, I had red bull briefly in my store and it sold the best, but then for whatever reason our distributor just stopped showing up. I've tried to contact them but I have no idea what happened.

Oddly enough, its seems easier to get a energy drink like the now pepsi owned, Sobe Adrenaline Rush or No Fear, while only one local company distrubutes RB.

As for how they sell in the winter, there was a pretty solid decline. A lot of younger landscaper kids would be buying them on a regular basis during nice summer months, but fewer of those types are frequenting the store, and many simply drink coffee in colder temps. But they still sell, just much more in the summer.

RB sold the best when I had it, people still ask if we have it. However, the line up we currently have sells in this particular order:

1. Monster - #1 because many of the drinks buy two cans at a time, I dunno what it is but the two can thing is solely for Monster.

2. Sobe No Fear - steady seller

3. Rock Star - sells moderately well, a lot of times it slows down big time and then perks up again.

and then there are the obscure ones that don't move as well. But we keep em anyway just to have a nice array of energy drinks. Once in ahwile you hit the jackpot and some energy lover comes in and buys one of everything.