PDA

View Full Version : Bag in Box energy drinks

street guy
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I own several night clubs in florida and was wondering if anyone knows of any B.I.B on the market and how they are doing?

Energydude
01-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I sell SumPoosie in BIB and my customers love it!
I am not familiar with many others but taste and low cost is winning people over.

mildogg
01-04-2005, 09:43 PM
sell the brand name, thats what people ask for and thats what they should recieve. redbull costs 1.33 per can and in a bar probaly retails for 4 or 5 dollars. Dont let bib ruin your lines, and keep edude away from your clubs.

street guy
01-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Thanks,
One of my bartenders saw a product at a night club bar trade show but doesnt remember the name. I agree, if people ask for RB you have to charge accordingly, but if they ask for a Jager Bomb, etc... there has to be a more cost effective way than charging $9 for a shot...

Energydude
01-05-2005, 04:24 AM
yikes !!!

EnergyGermany
01-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi , we selling Effect Energy the Nr. 2 Energy Drink in Germany in BIB. It´s a great product with a top quality. Look at www.effect-energy.com (http://www.effect-energy.com)

Christian Prickett
01-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I work for a packaging company and we just started with our engeneering team to design our first bag in a box. No one so far has tried it, most every energy drink is in press aluminum, some are moving towards private molds in PET cause the recent drop in cost, but I am hoping that someone does try due to the cost effectivness of the b.i.b. Personally I prefer a custom PET mold over anything for the brand reconition alone but it's up to the manufacture of the drink.

Damon
04-11-2005, 08:05 PM
I have just seen BanZai Energy drink in a box advertised in a magazine. Has anyone seen it or try it?
They have a website anyone know anything about these people.

NRGChick
04-12-2005, 09:29 AM
RS cola would probably be great as a BIB. Wonder if they're thinking of going that route. Probably should've started RS cola as a BIB rather then hitting the general market first.

Christian Prickett
04-12-2005, 09:36 AM
I tried Bonsai about 2 months ago. It's another red bull taste, but the after taste isn't right. Now I don't mind the taste of Red Bull, I didn't care for Bonsai. It's like they had the recipe right and then they took that one extra step and ruined it. Kind of like my Aunt's Sunday Soup, everything is fine, then she adds the special ingredient and the whole pot tastes like formaldehyde.

m15525
04-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Ad removed.

[ 05-01-2005, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: BevNET ]

Uncle Thirsty
05-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Street Guy-

Banzai Has been in our marketplace for several years. On Fountain at many C-store locations. 44oz for .89, It taste like 99% of all others, not enjoyable.

Uncle Thirsty
05-29-2005, 07:37 PM
UUhh eeRRRR..
I was attempting to post this:

Street Guy & NRGChick-
Im sure Coke Fountain, will take RockStar to the the B.I.B Systems. That's why they grabbed it.It will be placed in all Coke exclusive locations and most importantly in all the Bar Guns.
( The Bar Gun Contracts will probably exclude any use of any single serve energy drinks not in the Coke Portfolio, which will hurt RB sales in National Accts. )

That should allow the price of an energy cocktail to reach a well or call price point.

That definitly will put them in the Lead by Volumn

Damon-
The Message above us for you.- Banzai B.I.B Has been around for awhile. I believe they might be the first to Market with B.I.B Energy.

shark
05-29-2005, 08:45 PM
people will not pay premium prices for product that comes out of a gun. I think your shooting yourself in the foot if you go this route.

Ron Swedelson
05-31-2005, 07:30 PM
I have been told by our on-premis guy that Rock Star is already on the gun out here in the Bay Area.

Uncle Thirsty
06-02-2005, 04:40 AM
They are moving Fast.
Coke will now try to force their exclusive pouring rights agreement and prohibit the sell of any single serve energy that is not in the coke portfolio.

DiamondDave
06-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by street guy:
I own several night clubs in florida and was wondering if anyone knows of any B.I.B on the market and how they are doing? SoBe now sells their Adrenaline Rush energy drink in a BIB. They sell through the Pepsi bottlers. The taste is great which is surprising after drinking Nyquil Energy Drinks for years!

Fruity Pebbles
06-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Thirtsy: how would this apply to On Premise accounts? Particularly nightclubs? I mean, Coke already owns the E drink market where they have exclusive contracts (ie, Disney and some major resorts out this way) so not being able to sell there is nothing new to us since KMX and FT have always been the only e drinks available at said locations.

tallflip
06-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Street Guy:
you may want to try Roaring Lion Energy Drink. This has been around for awhile and was actually started up by 2 guys who used to work for Red Bull here on the west coast. They started up their own because at the time, Red Bull didnt want to tap into the BIB business. I've tried the stuff and it tastes just like Red Bull. Give them a try, check their web site.

Uncle Thirsty
06-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Fruity:
Right, But now they can give a #2/#3 Rated Drink instead of a fifth rated drink.
Plus, The "Whole Party Like a RS" Marketing will be a better Tie-in for Cross-Promos.

I know you are asking about an on-premise nightclub situation.But, dont forget about the other "exclusive" On-premise Locations Like McDonald's, Carls Jr.,Burger King, etc.

Once That Happens, Then they might be able to claim #1 in Volume Sales. Which in return will greatly enhance the nightclub sales.

Fruity Pebbles
06-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Okay, I get that, but one aspect that has not been addressed is the issue of just too much E drink ingredients at such accounts.

I mean, you get people filling their 20 oz cups up 3X or more at locations with accessible cola-drink taps. If the ingredients are the same here as in the RS can, well, aren't we to expect a lawsuit soon? Lets face it, how does Coke plan to deal with the issue of monitoring people on drinking just too much of a product that, in large doses (similar to doses they consume with other beverages right adjacent to RS) could make a heart pop out of your chest!

Frostie Man
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Our new BNB energy will be ready to market this week. We are using our Ignite name on this product.
Packed 5 gal BNB. The nice thing about this product is the great margins. We put all the goodies such as ginsing,etc and taste very good. Watch for this at your friendly c store.

SquareOne
11-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Try Banzai

I am a Banzai Dist in WI, I am so confident in this product versus RB or any other that not only do I put it in head to head taste test but I also offer a Money Back Guarantee. I have not had to buy back a single box.

The thing with most BIB Energy drinks is they a Dist. by local independant Dist. As long as your area has a good rep who provides good POS and sevice, and the product does what it says it does, the client is happy.

I make sure each location post the "BANZAI Proudly served here" signs so the customers are informed they are getting Banzai. Some people don't like the way Pepsi or coke taste off the gun but it is used nation wide. To say that customers will never accept an Energy drink served off the gun doesn't seem to make sense. As long as that drink taste like or real close to what they expect then a large percentage will be happy.

Coco Rico
11-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Deplorable...

CR

climaxenergydrink
11-10-2006, 01:08 PM
street guy there are several products out in the bag in the box, you personally have to consider what will work for you and your establishment first !

I KNOW FOR A FACT IF YOU WANT A PRODUCT THAT TASTES COMPARABLE TO RED BULL AND WORKS WELL WITH THE "JAGER BOMB" SCENARIO, THAN ABSOLUTELY GO WITH ROARING LION ! personally i know Sean the president and they are close to 6000 accounts strong ! www.roaringlionenergydrink.com (http://www.roaringlionenergydrink.com) and NO I DO NOT GET ANY $$ FOR THE REFERAL ! I JUST CONSIDER IT GOOD BUSINESS helping out an associate ! BELIEVE IT OR NOT i was going to personally take on the venture of the product 3 years ago but decided not because i came up with my own concept & product out OF THE 3 GALLON BAG IN THE BOX CALLED CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE ! THATS WHERE MY PRODUCT COMES IN street guy if you are looking for a razzberry product " thats going to help u get ya freak on " than CLIMAX erotic fuzion beverage is your choice ! I believe it is imperative to give a perspective client as many options as possible. so do your research more importantly order (*expect to pay anywhere ($125-$175) for a 3gallon bib which = 277 8.3 fl oz red bulls you can do the numbers $$$ savings !!) 1 bag in the box (roaring lion) 1 bag in the box (Climax) 1 bag in the box (Banzai), 1 bag in the box (Sum Poosie) and experiment and see how your cutomer base responds to it ! I know on the Climax end that i can work with you, but call up Sean (ROARING LION) and see if he can do the same, TTB & Energy Dude (Sum Poosie) and take it from there ! It might take a little time but once you are set on something and you have an overwhemingly accepted product than you don't have to worry about overall taste ! because you will be giving your customers exactly what they want ! I know it's impossible to make everyone happy but trying your best to keeps them coming back! You have any questions about CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE e-mail me at mixngetyafreakon@aol.com !

street guy GOOD LUCK !

CHRISTIAN E-MAIL ME PLEASE I LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR CONCEPT ! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !

CLIMAX erotic fuzion BEVERAGE
" ARE U PREPARED 2 GET YA FREAK ON "
LENNY S.
president

SquareOne
11-10-2006, 08:24 PM
look at all those quality BIB choices out there. Well said Lenny

"1 bag in the box (roaring lion) 1 bag in the box (Climax) 1 bag in the box (Banzai), 1 bag in the box (Sum Poosie) and experiment and see how your cutomer base responds to it"

mofizz
11-13-2006, 11:07 AM
We sell SoBe Adrenaline Rush in a 1.5 gal box. Customers love it. Clearly the economics behind BIB vs. cans makes this one a winner.

Fixx
11-17-2006, 06:05 PM
I love these posts from people that work for these various companies. Good advertising.

Later

EnergyGermany
11-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Fixx:
I love these posts from people that work for these various companies. Good advertising.

Later Have a look at: http://www.effect-energy.com it´s Europe´s biggest energy drink brand in BIB.

They also just won the about-drinks.com awards with silver medal and the silver medal behind red bull at the fizzz.de awards.