PDA

View Full Version : Atomic X

Caltransplant
01-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Has anyone tried Atomic X? I have seen it in a couple of stores here locally, but haven't tried it yet. I like the fact that it is non carbonated, but how does it taste? Does it have as good of a kick as some of the other energy drinks out there?

harkster
01-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Tried it straight and mixed with rum, I think this is one of the best tasting drinks I've had. It mixed really good with Malibu rum.

pdxbevman
01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I saw an advertisement selling atomic x franchises. $10,000 for a territory. what a joke! some people i'm sure will be duped into buying one. it said you receive i pallet of product (160 cases), sticker for your van, 2 fridges, some POS, a day of training at corp HQ, and some help in opening accounts. sounds like a rip to me. anyone know the cost of product?
I personally don't think non-carbonated energy drinks stand a chance. doesn't hansens have one?

harkster
01-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm new to this board but not beverages, why would it be a rip off to buy a teritory for 10k and why would non-carbonated beverage not sell if it has good taste and mixes well with alcohol? I'm not pumping Atomic X but it gave me a boost and tasted good, I would buy it over RB if offered.

Caltransplant
01-05-2005, 11:49 AM
I just tried a can this morning for the first time. I personally like the fact that it is non carbonated. So, I don't know why non carbonated energy drinks "don't" stand a chance. It tasted pretty good and gave me a good kick...not as strong of a kick as Red Bull though....I'll buy it again. Oh, by the way pdxbenman, I paid $1.79 for mine this morning.

pdxbevman
01-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Cool, much better than $10,000. I would never pay for a territory that was not established. Basically your'e paying for blue sky. It's not a proven drink, not placed in any chains and outside of a few people new to the board at about the same time as BevNet reviewed the drink, not known. When RB started they didn't sell territorys. No one but an existing distributor would sell a territory. Hansen's non-carbonated drink is selling very slowly, only one i've seen in the market.

pdxbevman
01-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey CAL, did you dish out $10,000 for a franchise.....come on...the truth? I have this bridge in jacksonville for sell.

Beverage Slinger
01-05-2005, 10:00 PM
I am also considering a franchise route for an energy drink,things I take into consideration history and rep. of the co.,clean graphics,quality product,an easy merchandisable product with appeal to a broad customer base and a name with lasting product recognition.I have already been checking window sets in convienence stores and mom and pops and liquor stores, checking prices,p.o.s. these are things Im already use to,anything thats has the potential to improve ones economic and personal well being has RISK,like the old saying "no risk no reward."

pdxbevman
01-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Another new member with the same IP as CAL. Wow!! Imagine, one in Redlands CA and the other in Medford OR, both using the same computer, both really looking to sink $10,000 into a franchise that no other bev company charges. Its a miracle. I'm off to buy a lottery ticket.

Caltransplant
01-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey pdxbevman, did you get picked on a lot in school or something?, and are now trying to take it out on people here on the bevnet board? Maybe you should be out selling your Shock or whatever it is you hawk and quit spending all day on your computer trying to play super sleuth. First of all, I am not, nor am I aspiring to be, an atomicX distributor. As far as your bridge in Jacksonville goes, I am sure you can find something else to do with that. I have a few ideas if you would like to hear them. Second of all, I have no idea where you are coming up with this far fetched idea that bev slinger and I are using the same computer..what kind of meds are you on anyway? You sound paranoid to me about something. Get a life dude!!!

[ 01-06-2005, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Caltransplant ]

pdxbevman
01-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Posts: 3 | From: Medford, Oregon | Registered: Jan 2005 | Logged: 64.12.116.204 | :confused:
Posts: 2 | From: Redlands,Calif, | Registered: Jan 2005 | Logged: 64.12.116.204 | :confused:
wow, where'd i get that idea of the same computer.

Caltransplant
01-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Sherlock, I sure hope you aren't as misinformed about these beverages you seem to know so much about, as you are computers. You amuse me.

pdxbevman
01-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Lets see, your 1st post was from Logged: 64.12.116.204 and Beverage Slinger posts are from Logged: 64.12.116.204 . How is that? You don't need to get on here and BS everyone with your spam, just buy an ad. I enjoy most of the posts here but I truly dislike the spam part.
;)

Ron Swedelson
01-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Buying a franchise for an unproven energy drink...stupid mistake. Signing exclusive rights to an area, thats more than ok. If you are building a relationship to start your brand, it is going to take a while. Word will get around fast that it takes way to long to even make back that $10,000. Buy your pallet for $2500, go buy a few fridges from a local referb shop or at costco for a few hundred each, and then you save $7000. Sounds like a better plan to me.

Beverage Slinger
01-06-2005, 04:45 PM
I dont know anything about an IP address but my posting are strictly honest,I know no one on this board, but I know enough not to disrespect another persons opinion.With that,I have been looking at many types of franchises from tortilla,coffee,I know there are risks ,and I learned a long time ago there is no such thing as a free lunch,but being in the bev. buss. for 22 yrs. in a aggresive So. Cal. arenea, plan your work, work your plan,the answer was no when you walked in,nothing to lose and every thing gain,you build your repore,take care of the customer first,work your product,it his store and ultimatly will decide who get what were and for how much.

Beverage Slinger
01-06-2005, 04:56 PM
It is his store and ultimatly will decide who gets what where, and for how much. sorry I was distracted, also never heard of Atomic X untill now.

Caltransplant
01-06-2005, 07:02 PM
The "I.P.#" that pdxbev is referring to is actually an I.S.P.# (internet service provider). What that number does is indicate which internet service provider a particular person uses. In my case that is AOL. That is all it shows. It does not show which computer a post or email originated from. Obviously Beverage Slinger is also an AOL member, that is why we share the same ISP#, with potentially millions of other AOL users. To actually tell which computer a post originated from you would need to supoena the ISP, and, just a hunch, but I don't think pdxbev has done that. If you don't believe this pdxbev, and I am sure you don't, find someone other than yourself that actually knows what they are talking about to explain it further to you. Sorry for the long post regarding ISP's, but it really irks me when someone that has no clue about what they are talking about starts making groundless accusations against people they don't even know. A little clue, Einstien, not every member of this board is here to promote themselves or their product. I am starting to think investing in Atomic X is a good idea, just because you think it is such a "joke". Anyway, can we start talking about beverages now, and quit making false accusations? For example, I would love to try Shock..if it is the same one on BevNet, they give it good reviews and ratings. What national chain can I find it in, so that I can try it?

Caltransplant
01-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey pdxbevman, did you notice that Ron Swedelson's ISP# is also 64.12.116.204? The plot thickens. We must all be sharing the same computer. Where is the unknown shooter on the grassy knoll?

World Beverage
01-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Sorry about that.... Atomic X is still sitting in the cold valut for 3 years plus in So Cal.Why would anybody try to bring this junk back ? Most retailers would rather get a refund then take this on again.This must be some rich kid from the OC wasting some kind of trust fund. Get real !!!

World Beverage
01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I should have said that I feel sorry for the sales rep when he/she finds the product in stock already.