PDA

View Full Version : XS in WalMart

PopNutz
02-18-2005, 10:40 PM
I saw a can of XS in a Wal Mart Super Store this past week and couldn't believe my eyes. I looked all over the store to see if I could find where this lone can of XS came from that someone had placed right in the middle of the Red Bull and Amp but could not find anymore XS product. I asked the dept mgr about it and she laughed and said "well you know Wal Mart, we'll take back anything!" I still wonder where that can came from and if someone really did bring it to Wal Mart and got credit for it.

Ron Swedelson
02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Thats weird...I have a gas station that has an XS roll rack...you know the kind that Hansens used to put right under a shelf.

EnergyKing
02-19-2005, 01:25 PM
I placed my product in a new account yesterday. The owner put me right next to Full Throttle. I replaced XS. He couldnt remember where he even got it. I looked at the date and it was like a year old.

I remember I bought a Purple can of SF XS at Big Lots! and drank it. I spit that crap right out. It was like my body rejected it lol!

Thank god I only paid 49 cents for it and while I was drinking it , or that one sip I should say I was parked by dumpster.

IMO I dont think XS is a very good drink, leave it for the IBO's to sell it door to door, and leave room in coolers for the quality and good selling drinks that are out there today.

[ 02-19-2005, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: EnergyKing ]

Kyle101
02-20-2005, 11:38 AM
XS iz da bomb... i drink like 6 cases a month at least... if my wife could drink them she would but she's alergic to ALL artificial sweeteners.

EnergyKing
02-20-2005, 01:15 PM
More Power to you my friend, you said it all.

PopNutz
02-20-2005, 02:45 PM
6cs a month huh? That's 72 cans right? Cause XS is 12 cans to a case right? Kyle that's more than two cans a day, man you must be a glutton for punishment. The XS I've tried was pretty bad tasting. If you love it that much, more power to you.

pdxbevman
02-20-2005, 10:51 PM
i heard that xs causes diarrhea when consumed in xs quantities.

EnergyKing
02-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Must be Hidden HFCS or an EX LAX.

Kyle101
02-21-2005, 10:45 AM
lol
I've never had any problems with XS. I move lots of volume of xs. I mean, with 6 flavors it's great. Energy, do you drink any diet drinks? you may have hated it becaues you aren't used to the artifical sweeteners used vs. sugar in other drinks. It's better then loading up my employers soda maching with my cash when I can get my own product and reinvest in my business while at the same time advertising XS for myself to others around me, I sell tons of the stuff at the office. I think the same 6 cans of RB have been in that drink machine for months now lol.
oh yeah, i probably drink like 3-4 can's of XS a day..... love it.

Ron Swedelson
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
glad XS has a fan somewere

Kyle101
02-22-2005, 12:14 AM
um.. do you all see me rag'n on any drink at all.. nope,just here to have friendly convo's

World Beverage
02-24-2005, 12:02 AM
XS has people that are willing to take their life for the brand.Maybe they will have a meeting at some freaky site in Jonestown.

Kyle101
02-24-2005, 10:25 AM
lol take their life for the brand lol another opinion noted lol

Lepke
02-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Oh please!!!!! XS does not sell in retail stores. Some Indians around here carry it to help out their friends who get hooked into the multilevel marketing rip off. But then it sits for a year or so till red bull or some other company swaps it out (most of the Indians around here never take expired product products off the shelf). Then they buy it again from another Indian whom they felt sorry for and here we go again. It’s amazing how many people get suckered into the Amway, quikstar get rich quick scheme.

“There is a sucker born every minute “
(P.T.Barnum)

Ron Swedelson
02-25-2005, 12:04 AM
I actually saw someone drinking an XS yesterday...first time in 5 years since I saw that. Although last one was after a sales rep. left a free sample at a health store in San Francisco.

Kyle101
02-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Quixtar has never claimed anything about getting rich quick. Anyway lepke, what do you know about quixtar? Have you been apart of it, or have you only based your opinion on what you've read or based it on the people that quit?

pdxbevman
02-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Have you been apart of it, or have you only based your opinion on what you've read or based it on the people that quit? I'd rather base my opinion on something by first talking to those who have tried it, second by reading as much about it as possible and lastly by actually doing it. I would definetly not get into quixtar (sp) after hearing people talk about the negative things i've heard and after reading different things about it. its really kewl that a few have gotten rich at the expense of many ibo's.

Kyle101
02-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Ok, so you've done research, and talked to the quitters, have you talked to anybody who's successful in the business? Maybe you should try participating. If you don't like it, after 6 months, you get your start up cost back, so what do you have to lose? As for me, it's pay'n a few of my bills so I'm not quitting any time soon.

pdxbevman
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
I have no desire to be in any type of ibo situation, regardless of what they sell. i was just responding to your post to lepke. i honestly don't consider ibo's real business owners.

Lepke
02-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Most normal adults know what network marketing or multilevel marketing is all about.
When you get to be my age you see most come and go. So Amway is still here, just because they survived does not make them any more reputable. Quixstar is nothing more then Amway. The same emphasis on selling distributorships and not on selling (over priced) product.
I’m quite sure most of the XS that is actually consumed is consumed by the IBO’s them selves.
Ok maybe you were able to pressure your family, friends and coworkers to buy your crap but I like pdxbevman don’t believe IBO’s are a real business and have no interest in annoying friends, family and strangers with this nonsense.
And yes I have read, seen on TV and heard all about your fine company. I would have nothing to do with these people and feel sorry for those who do.

pdxbevman
02-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Thank you!

World Beverage
02-26-2005, 11:10 PM
XS gets you hyped to sell the product. After you get your Grandmother to buy it you hope that she will call other relatives to buy the product cause they feel sorry for you.After you burn family and your friends turn their backs on you the only thing you can do is get a paper and look for a real job. Only a few can make money selling XS and those people have a salary plus comm at Quixstar. Good luck!

Kyle101
02-27-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't really sell anything. I just let them try my products, and they love them so they buy them. I have never gone chasing anybody around trying to get them to buy stuff. I couldn't sell a cup of hot coffee to an eskimo. That's not true, anybody can make money doing this. I just happen to be one of them.. why? Because I didn't quit. If you don't step out on faith to do someting then God can't bless your life.

pdxbevman
02-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Kyle, you ever try to sell Mary Kay? News Flash to me: God endorses XS? WOW!

Lepke
02-27-2005, 09:15 PM
NuSkin or Super Blue Green Algee?

Kyle101
02-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I didn't say that God endorsed XS. I am an avid christian. I know that he will bless you if you step out on faith to do something with your life.

Kyle101
03-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Hey PDX, you may not see IBO's as a real business... but the IRS does, thank you mr. tax return cha ching.

pdxbevman
03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Ya, you must just be rakin in the dough, all thoose biz tax breaks. too bad you still have too have a real job to make ends meet! you see, i own my own company, a real biz that i work full time. i don't sell products from a catalog or the comfort of my home. i sell to retailers who reach the mass market.. does your boss know you use the company time to surf the web?

Kyle101
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Yup. So what you are saying is that because I have a home based business and you have a business in another type of building that your business is what.... "real"

pdxbevman
03-04-2005, 03:54 PM
What i'm saying is, if quixstar or whatever is such a great "business" why do most ibo's like yourself slave away at another job to pay the bills? I mean, if you applied all your time to your "business" you'd go broke! whereas the more time i apply to my business the more i make. a lot of people get into these (mlm) businesses because they really have no concept of what a it takes to run a business. they want to be in business for themselves but just don't have the knowledge of how to go aout it. the mlm "business" appears to be the easy way but it really isn't being in business for yourself, REALLY! the knowledge you learn from an mlm is really not applicable to running a business, so your not investing time to learn about business. all you are doing is furthering the founders business plan. make your business plan, then work it. nobody needs a mlm company! it takes a lot to go it on your own but if you really have a desire to be independant then it is worth it. Going with XS is not really stepping out on your own so God doesn't need to bless it. He needs to bless all those people who really are out there everyday making things happen in this business world.
Just my experienced opinion.

Kyle101
03-04-2005, 04:19 PM
XS is just a product, just like RB, Go Fast, water, dr. pepper... they're just products. Having the curage to do something different than the norm with your life is stepping out of faith wether it be selling products or just talking to somone who you know needs a friend. It's just stepping out and believing. Now you are starting to make sense to me. That last post you did was nice, it wasn't trashing anyone or anything. You should try to state your profession/personal opinions, not attack the people stating thiers. Thanks

Ron Swedelson
03-04-2005, 09:21 PM
I think XS is a crap product, and I dont really understand this quickar and IBO crap, but I do have to step up and defend Kyle for a min. Almost any person who starts a beverage distributorship better have a TON of money behind them or keep their job for a while. A beverage company will not pay your bills for a long time. Some people get lucky and slave away and do ok off the bat, but for the most part, thoes people end up going out of business because they are relying on their Bev. Bus. to pay their morgage. Almost all the good, established bev. dist. out here started as a side job. Thats how they got good. You are not worried about them paying your bills, so you can make good decitions and not rash thoughts to make that next bill payment. With that said, XS is still crap, but Kyle is smart for not giving up his day job.

World Beverage
03-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Ron i agree with you 100%.Also,what does god have to do with the Energy Drink catagory.

pdxbevman
03-04-2005, 10:46 PM
What would be cool is if people read the other posts. kyle stated that god thing, mine was just a response. anyone who knows anything about mlm knows that its not a bev dist. after being here for a while i now realize why a majority of members don't post. they are the intelligent ones.

Lepke
03-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Kyle101:
If you don't step out on faith to do someting then God can't bless your life. G-D can bless you any way but I do in essence agree with the above statement.

[ 03-06-2005, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Lepke ]

Wetgirl714
03-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Personally I've read all the comments on this page. Of course there are going to be people who like XS and people who dislike XS. There are 6-different flavors, unless you have drank everyone including the caffiene free, and tea drinks you can not effectively say that the product is not worthy to stand next to Red Bull on the same shelf. Honestly it should stand alone because of it's uniqueness. It is by far the best energy drink I've tried and trust me I've tried a lot of them. I also know many people who look for an alternative to diet sodas and water, and XS meets those dietary requirements. Basically stop hating because some of you are just mad because you did'nt think of it first.................Peace

XSpromoter
03-31-2005, 03:27 AM
I'm with WetGirl. I drink about 4 cases a month of the Cherry Blast and Electric Lemon. I personally can't stand the green tea or Citrus Blast and I can tolerate the CranGrape and Tropical Blast

Ron Swedelson
03-31-2005, 10:34 PM
I see XS in stores...all I see on the can is B vitamins...what other energy drink nutrients does it have?

Robot
03-31-2005, 10:48 PM
i like the orange one, but a couple of the other flavors have actually made me gag.

Kyle101
04-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Vitamns
B3 100%
B5 100%
B6 300%
B12 4900%

also has Adaptogenic herbs, ginseng, and sucralos as sweetener (so diabetics can have it too). And that's because the B vitamins give you your up... not sugar.. so there's no crash

Shelley
04-01-2005, 09:19 PM
I have to say that Kyle is correct. We are only rewarded when go do for ourselves. I also saw the comment that Quixtar is a get rich scheme. There is no get rich quick about it. People have to work for what they earn. You won't make anything if you sign up and then just sit on the couch all day. In reference to the post about XS being around five years ago, I didn't know it had been on the market that long. There is a big difference between what Amway was and what Quixtar is. People who knock it should do their research.

Lepke
04-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Does Quixtar tell you people to come to bevnet and pimp the brand here?
Have you guys signed up any new Ibo’s here?

Kyle101
04-03-2005, 10:29 AM
lol that's funny. actually i seel alot of people do that with their drinks, and sure i see the occasional xs promotion, but that's no different the ppl promoting rb, ft, sobe, any other new and up coming drink out there. And to the 2nd question.... you OBVIOUSLY don't understand what Quixtar is all about.

Shelley
04-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Lepke,

I am not promoting anything. I came here to find more info, not to promote. However, I get very irritated when people like you attempt to degrade people for what they do and what they believe in. You should do your research though as to what Quixtar really is about. Second off, my goal is to find customers and not sign people up as IBOs. If you really do not know a person and know what their beliefs and strategies are, maybe you should say nothing at all. As I recall from reding the post, you have nothing but negative things to say.

Ron Swedelson
04-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Wow, there are still debates about IBO's with XS...XS sucks as a brand, some people enjoy selling it, or trying to sell it. Great, end of story. Shelly, sorry you took offence to others opinions, but thats what this board is, opinions.

Kyle101
04-04-2005, 09:58 PM
exactly Ron, OPINIONS.. not attacking someone or thier products and berateing them. That and your opinion are two different things.

Lepke
04-05-2005, 01:19 AM
It’s amazing how they flock here. It seems like every week there are more pyramid people hawking XS in this forum

Kyle101
04-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Do you see anybody hawking anything? nope! Just talk'n and then everybody assumes that we have an alterier motive... but we don't. Just here to talk and listen. So, let me ask you this Lepke. What's the difference between someone try'n to hawk XS compared to someone who's hawking rb, sobe,ft, water, dp, .... you name it?

pdxbevman
04-05-2005, 10:12 PM
It's 2 bad ibo's can't see the difference between "selling" xs and selling the mainstream branded drinks. There is a very large difference, one is the profit margin, two is the distribution of the product, three is the retail outlets, fourth is the /_\ yes the pyramid!!!! I have sat thru a few "sales presentations in my life and I've had friends who were like so sure this was the way to go. I'd say, it's a friggin pyramid scheme, no, no its not. a year or two later they regret their wasted efforts and time. just my opinion.

Kyle101
04-06-2005, 10:09 AM
how's it a /_\ if when i do more work then someone else then i can make more money then them? A pyramid is 1. illegal 2. doesn't offer anything, you just put in money and then someone makes money (not the case here) Just because it's not the "norm" ppl have a problem with things that are different.

Christian Prickett
04-06-2005, 11:08 AM
I worked for a company like Quixtar. It was called Citcor. I do not regret working for them, even though it was a pyramid scheme. If you invest time, money, ANYTHING with another person and they reap a benefit for your work while they do less than you, it's a pyramid.

My experience for Citcor was selling AT&T business phone lines. They sold products such as soda wending machines, Quill products, and other programs but AT&T was my platform. I got paid $33 per phone line while the person who trained me got $27 and the office manager got $50 per phone line. I leaned to sell in various situations and different cities. The experience I gained from there was a benefit that I can take with me.

The image Citcor promotes of a love to work, almighty dollar, and retire when your 35 is such a fairy tale. They always said to work harder and your earn more, but what IBO's, (anyone with the word independent in front of their title means they have no one backing them up when the poop hits the fan) don't know is that as long as the turkey is on the table they are going to be taken care of. Some things that IBO's don't address and take care of...

Does IBO's have the option for insurance or what happens if you are hurt on the job?
Are you liable for shipping the product to your customer?
What do you do if you don't have the product in stock and the customer wants it?
How long is your training to be an IBO and whom do you call if you have a question?
Can you sell or have Quixtar promote an item that you find that may be profitable?
If a person opens an IBO because of you, do you get a kickback?
Why would I go through an IBO for a product when I can stop by a store on my way home?

When I worked for Citcor, I figured out the truth. The reason you have to work hard as an independent sales rep is cause there is a high turn over rate and you have to work hard to stay employed. They tell you retire at 35 but the real story is that you are burned out at age 35. They only want positive people cause new energy can mask the old energy that knows the reality of the situation. (These are my opinions of Citcor, not Quixtar but I see that the organizations seemed to follow a similar path.)

Overall, I suggest that you try a few different paths in the jobs of life. Who wants to say that they started working for their dad at age 15, inherited the business at age 45, and did the same thing day in and day out and died at the office desk on a Saturday afternoon? I've done alot of jobs I hated and loved (more hated). If you want to promote an energy drink or whatever, post a link, I listen to your babble. If you want to promote an IBO or a job, go to Monster.com or Hotjobs.com, this site is for the beverage slingers and soda consumers. Besides, if you’re in Texas and I’m in Tennessee and I want something from an IBO, wouldn’t I find an IBO near me that can came face to face with?

P.S. Just had an A&W root beer this morning and it was tasty.

Kyle101
04-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Well, we do answer these questions, normally face to face, but since your in PA and im in FL here you go
*just like anybody, you provide you own insurance (this is part time until you can make enough to do it full time if you choose to take it that far). Your employer may pay for yours at a job, but if you don't get it through them you can get it directly from the insurance provider.
* we aren't liable for shpping, they order it through Quixtar, not from us, we just give them access to a website.(and if there's a problem they pay for return shipping)
*If they want the product, they can order it.. if it's back ordered they can call and see when it will be in stock or cancle their order. or they can order it and wont' be charged until it ships.
*you call the person helping you and if they don't know.. call the person helping them (it's a hug team)
*You can email and recommend a product to the company (we've done it) and they may or may not pick it up.
*We help others become profitable, it's mutally benfitial. Just like any business, it's based on volume (if you go into walmart & don't buy anything .. do they make money, nope!)
*How much "free" time do you have during the day. If you could hop ****** order something and have it in a day or two isn't it better then driving to the store (time out of your day + traffic) walking around a store (more time) buying more then you plan (most ppl do this) and then driving home (more time & traffic)now, if you need something NOW then yeah, run to the store (but I plan everything else). It's harder to explain ******. but we have a team in PA if you are interested shoot me an email.

Here's why I do it. I look at ppl at jobs that i may want and i look at the ppl who have been there 5,10,15yrs and how they are living.. if it's paycheck to paycheck then that means that's where i'll be if i stay there that long... so it means that i have to do something different then just work 40 and get paid and work 40 and get paid.... until im what 72 <--that's when i get to retire.

and to the last question. if you wanted to order something.. just go to the website and buy it, and it comes straight to you, I wouldn't ever see it. I just offer an opportunity to people. I'm not promoting anything here. It just seems that whenver there's a forum and XS Energy drink comes up they swicth over to oh your try'n to do this that or the other thing to us here.. but we arent, just here to read, listen and give my opinion.

Kyle101
04-06-2005, 11:57 AM
so we can't write ****** <-- on line??

Christian Prickett
04-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks Kyle. I wish you luck.

James.lyle.mclaughlin@gmail.com
06-25-2005, 05:11 AM
Hey Kyle... Seriously dude I dont think you can win here bro, Some people just wont see what you do with your business...

As far as facts with the XS energy brand...
http://www.bevnet.com/news/spotlight/xs/default.asp is a great informational page directly from bevnet.com feel free to read and decipher as you wish
--James

James.lyle.mclaughlin@gmail.com
06-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Previous to Quixtar having rights to the XS brand it was once in convenience stores and other outlets. Its now has a new naming convention. Take the tea-berry flavor, it used to be called tea berry typhoon in retail outlets. Now it's called tea berry blast. as are the rest "blasts" also. such as Cherry Blast Tropical Blast and so on. Any other questions ask away I will do my best to answer them correctly.