PDA

View Full Version : Industry Standards

Shane Franko
02-25-2005, 12:18 AM
I am truly interested on offering my employees a fair and reasonably salary. I certainly do not want to overpay or underpay for that matter, but I would like to know what the Industry Standard is for an Area Manager and a Sales Rep. for an Energy Drink Company. I would like to see what the Balance would be between Salary, Commission and monthly allowances. Speak Freely, thanks!

Shane Franko
02-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Yes, ultimately I will pay what I can afford to pay. In the meantime I am just looking into a baseline to begin from so that I can set the parameters. Thank you for responding, anybody else?

EnergyKing
02-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Just pay them straight commission of the dollars they sell. In the busy season they'll be making bank and so will you. :D

[ 02-25-2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: EnergyKing ]

Shane Franko
02-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Energy King I was thinking off that but I am the type that wants more loyalty and I believe creating a balance between Salary and Commission will do that. Bottom-line, What does an area manger get paid in the sate of Florida? What does a Sales Rep get paid in the state of Florida? Any takers?

Ron Swedelson
02-25-2005, 10:46 PM
If you are in Miami, then you are probably not to much cheaper than here in the SF Bay Area as far as living. Some of the smaller distributors out here pay about $16-1900 a month with a sliding commition scale above that. The more you sell, or collect from sales, the higher commition you get.

Red Sox fan
02-27-2005, 01:06 PM
That is rediculous PDX! There is nothing wrong with someone starting a business attempting to find out what the industry standards are for salary.

How is he supposed to know how much someone is worth to him until they have worked for him for at least 6 months. What salary should he start a new employee at the meantime? GO TO SLEEP!

Shane Franko
02-27-2005, 03:34 PM
PDX, Ever hear the term. Ignornance is Bliss! Stop flaunting your ignorance, First of all if I had a candidate for hire wouldn't you think he would have a resume stating the monies he made. From that I would have a range of what to pay, I am simply putting a business plan together and I would like to have a range of what the Industry Standard is for certain Sales positions. At any Rate NEXT....

Shane Franko
02-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey PDX it is obvious you live for this! You get your kicks by flaunting your b- **** all over a message board. Hey I guess whatever takes from going postal! Listen up you lunatic, where I come from I take my time listening to all of the options, opinions, and research before I finalize my decisions. This is simply another medium. Now I am going to stop wasting my time with you.