PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull And Power Horse

PeterWCD
03-19-2005, 08:51 PM
I've had Red Bull and Power Horse side by side and they taste exactly the same. So how come in the review for Red Bull you said it's "painful to drink", and in the Power Horse review you said it's "a surprisingly mellow flavored energy drink", and "Overall, it's not bad"?
http://img42.exs.cx/img42/1224/pour0pb.gif

[ 03-19-2005, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: PeterWCD ]

Lepke
03-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Red bull has an artificial raspberry smell and a non-descript energy drink taste. Many of the European energy drinks have a similar non descript taste. Power horse has that type of taste, similar but not the same as red bull. Rox, extrem and many others have a similar flavor profile, most don’t add the raspberry flavor maybe they use a citrus or apricot or some thing else. Some seem to go down easier then others. As far as power horse goes I think it’s more palatable then red bull and the glass bottle seems to give it a cleaner flavor. I think the glass keeps it cold longer. While you are perceiving that these beverages are identical in taste, others like myself perceive a subtle difference. I find power horse smoother and less acid then red bull.

Ron Swedelson
03-20-2005, 01:56 PM
I thought it tasted worse than Red Bull, and that was 5-6 years ago when they followed Red Bull and test marketed in Lake Tahoe, CA. I happened to walk into a liquor store just on the CA side of Tahoe and they were setting up a promo for Power Horse. So I bought one, they told me it was from some guys who used to work for RB or something, dont know if thats true or not. But it tasted about the same as most energy drinks, but with a little extra a$$ mixed into it. But thats just my thoughts.

marshall
03-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Power Horse, Roaring Lion........
How many other Energy drink Companies started by former RB people are out there attempting to make nearly exact clones of Red Bull ?

Robot
03-20-2005, 03:42 PM
i drink tons of red bull, and when I tasted power horse i didnt like it... for those types of euro energy drinks, I think once you get accustomed to one of them, and another is very similar but something slightly different, it will taste weird... as i do like alot of other energy drinks, monster, rockstore, amp, etc etc.. but most of the nearly direct red-bull copies I dont like..

bhw
05-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Spam removed

[ 05-23-2005, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: BevNET ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-23-2005, 02:27 AM
why do you need 300% of your b6. one would thing that a mere 100% would suffice.

Ron Swedelson
05-23-2005, 08:52 PM
thats only recomended amount though, for normal, avg person. although, if you are spending $2 just to get some vitamin b then u have problems