PDA

View Full Version : Liberals or Conservatives? Who are the customers?

Gaston
05-18-2005, 03:23 PM
What types of people are the energy drink customers. What types of things do they buy. Where do they work or are they students. Do they buy mostly from the web, stores, or bars? Are they generally liberals or conservatives? I'm really curious about who these are geared towards.

I've tried a few of the ED's that are sold in stores. I'm just your average joe. I work in the wireless industry. I'm mostly curious to see what the buzz is about.

- Gaston

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-19-2005, 02:07 AM
i'd ay more often liberals. i'd say now, the market may be expanding to conservative losers in their thirties. mostly it's people that are looking to change brands. liberals have less initial brand loyalty, meaning they will change brtands immediately if they see fit. conservatives will only chagne a brand if it interferes with their lifestyle or beliefs, such as dale earnhardt jr being gay and advoacating the talioban. then, maybe, white trash would stop roooting for him. maybe.

BottleBoss
05-23-2005, 08:20 AM
It depends on wether or not you have to pay for the drink youself. If the government is going to give it as a handout then the liberals will consume it. If they have to pay for it themselves, they will not want it. On the other hand, if it was purchased with earned money- then it must be a conservative buying it. (assuming he or she has enough money left after taxes). smile.gif Hows that for your standard stereotype of liberals and conservatives!? ;)

NRGChick
05-23-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm nobody special, and I like most energy drinks. I like to try new, and unusual drinks. Just to have some variety. No superficial reasoning or anything. Just for something different.

BottleBoss
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Then you are 'Independent'? Just kidding. smile.gif

NRGChick
05-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Well yeah! Guess you could say that.. LoL smile.gif

Buzzkill
05-25-2005, 02:19 AM
I'd say its about half and half, conservatives are buying these drinks but only on their credit cards and in large amounts they usually do anything they can to try and increase the national debt, and liberals are also buying them but only if they don't have enough money to buy some reefer. Not that theres anything wrong with that. Also yuppies in their twenties and early thirties along with wallstreet greed heads.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-25-2005, 10:36 AM
in the battle between brewers, here's an example:

A-B is winning the nascar/republican data. IRI scan data says that people that are miller lite drinkers more often will try new beers in addition to their purchases. this has been proven by sam adams and sierra nevada, among others.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Don't turn this important issue into a political discussion.

I say it's an important issue because EVERYONE is drinking energy drinks, even the conservatives who may not be into the hip drink fads in which the liberals stereotypically take part.

Why? Red Bull. Red Bull's marketing is so mainstream that everybody knows about it, and it has become a gateway drink into the rest of the (better) energy drinks, even though some are Red Bull loyal.

It's amazing what you can do with some extreme sports and racing sponsorships.

bullman
03-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
It depends on wether or not you have to pay for the drink youself. If the government is going to give it as a handout then the liberals will consume it. If they have to pay for it themselves, they will not want it. On the other hand, if it was purchased with earned money- then it must be a conservative buying it. (assuming he or she has enough money left after taxes). smile.gif Hows that for your standard stereotype of liberals and conservatives!? ;) I think that pretty much sums it up. Way to go! ;)

bullman
03-30-2006, 07:06 AM
I vote for funniest thread.