PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull sales in different regions of the US

Goldmember
05-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Just interested in finding out how RB sales are in 05 vs 04 in some of their mature US markets. Depending on where you are in the Northeast, they seem to be trending at a 40-70% growth curve vs last year. Most territories up here have only had the product for 5-6 years now.

What are the growth rates in some of the other regions in the US (in particular CA who has had RB the longest)? Are they trending at such a brisk clip, or are they starting to slow down as the brand matures? Can we expect such agressive growth rates to continue through the next 2-3 years in the newer markets (like the northeast), or will they start to slow down to something less than a double digit rate?

Ron Swedelson
05-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Out here in the East Bay Area, our numbers are up about 40-45%. Still growing very strong.

Damon
05-29-2005, 09:47 AM
I have gotten some details from friends and they are slightly ahead of last year but 40 or 50% numbers are not there. They are up around 10%.

pinkdogg
05-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Damon you need to be corrected in the mideast region the numbers do show the growth between 40 and 50 percent. You can take that to the bank!!!! Now what percent is SP off?????

Damon
06-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Dream on boys !!!

Ron Swedelson
06-16-2005, 12:05 AM
dream about what?

The Interpreter
06-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I think Damon is hinting sales are not increasing that quickly...

bev researcher
06-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Can anyone comment on why Hansen seems to be experience growth rates of 70%? Are they taking market share? I would imagine that coke with full throatle will begin to compete hard in the 16oz size - is that happening? Thanks

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-16-2005, 12:47 PM
i just pulled a red bull rack and put my stuff up in its place. it felt great.

the red bull guys sell in all their stuff with their flash, their hair gel and their nasty mob-like demeanor and then take down all of our beer and FMB racks. then they don't merchandise it, it gets shopped, dust collects and customers leave junk on it. then i pull it, and i feel great.

Fry
06-16-2005, 01:44 PM
What did you put in its place smile.gif

p.s. I have no love for Red Bull either, they seem to operate more and more like that other big company called Microsoft...

Red Sox fan
06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
My theory on hansens is that they are giving distributors big stock options. As a result distributors are really pushing it and taking every single new sku that hansens comes out with to hog space. Distributors are doing this while at the same time diliberately holding back other brands that they carry.

It wouldn't be illegal and based on the rise in the share price for haansens, it seems to be quite effective.

bev researcher
06-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Red Sox Fan - Are you serious about this stock option theory, I am assuming you cannot be.

Red Sox fan
06-16-2005, 06:11 PM
absolutely serious. why not? it is a fact that vitamin water offers their distributors stock options. why not hansens?

Ron Swedelson
06-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Runwithlittleguy...if thoes guys out there are taking down your stuff, putting thiers up and then not even merching or cleaning their equipt., it deserves to be taken down. As far as hair gel...I only use that the day or two before I get a haircut because my short hair starts to stick up. I love what Red Bull does, but if you dont have a good sales rep and distro. house behind it, its just another brand. Give them hell and make them do their job.

Fruity Pebbles
06-22-2005, 01:23 AM
RunWithDaLilGuy: your own refridgerator does not count. And, oh brother, whats with the "hair gel and flash" comment? That showed a complete lack of wit and common sense.

There is no WAY hair looks like that good with hair gel. Its hair WAX! Gel is, like, SO yesterday (a-DOY!)

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-22-2005, 12:34 PM
i don't do red bull. i threw up some smirnoff twisted V 6pks because my shelf kept getting blown - they're on sale all month long at 1.30 off the regular price. not bad, and in the hood discounts are all that matter.