PDA

View Full Version : What is the healthiest energy drink on the market?

blocres321
06-05-2005, 09:48 PM
I would like to hear opinions on what is arguably the healthiest energy drink on the market from a nutrition stand point. I would also like to hear what makes these drinks "healthier". Recently, I have heard rumblings about how some popular energy drinks are unhealthy even when consumed in moderation. Is there any truth to that? I am trying to locate the healthiest energy drink on the market but still gives a good kick. Without consuming drinks like Cytomax that are geared towards people in intense training regimes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damon
06-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Try Extreme Ripped Force.

Hacksaw
06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, it depends on how healthy you feel caffeine & guarana are. They seem to be the main "pep" ingredients now.

Also, Fanta does have a Guarana Soda in Brazil. Yet, Coke also has both Full Throttle & Rockstar. Again, needless duplication?

The Interpreter
06-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm resisting the temptation to recommend water here....

I really, really am.....

boodoo
06-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Maybe...Blue Sky Energy? Since it is "all natural" and sold in places like Whole Foods it may the "healthiest".

The Interpreter
06-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Arsenic is also all natural....

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Well how healthy do you expect these things to be?

They're loaded with caffeine. Some parents refuse to give their kids caffeine, but it's been proven that it's not actually harmful to your body. But then again, it's all about your personal preferences.

Sobe tends to jack their drinks with herbs. While they're not vitamins and also not proven to have positive health effects, the herbs used in Sobe products are raved about in health food circles to be good. Also, the Sobe energy drinks are more tasty that the others on the market. Try them and you'll see what I mean.

I think I've heard about a few companies trying to make some vitamin-laden energy drinks(usually uncarbonated). These tend to be marketed toward people like the one who started this thread: people who want to get into the hip energy drink market but are disheartened by the extreme, risk-taking image that it has.

I will, myself, declare that energy drinks are no more harmful than regular soda, unless you consider caffeine to be unhealthy.

James.lyle.mclaughlin@gmail.com
06-25-2005, 05:41 AM
I am now ready to accept the pummeling to come... but I believe the most healthy energy drink that is in production is XS energy. No sugar no carbs and a couple caffeine free flavors... The main energy from these drinks is the b vitamins.. there is 4900% recommended daily value of b12. The coolest thing about the b vitamins is the fact that they are water soluble rather than fat soluble so any that is unused is excrexted in urine, not stored in fat. with the no carbs or sugar... it is also good for diabetics.. I know this only because my dad drinks them all the time. And yes he is diabetic.

tentakil
06-28-2005, 12:09 AM
XS hands down

Fry
06-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by James.lyle.mclaughlin@gmail.com:
No sugar no carbs .... 4900% recommended daily value of b12.If there is no sugar / carbs this means its probably sweetened with some kind of artificial sweetener. I have done a lot of reading on this topic and a lot of these sweeteners are not very healthy for you. Some studies even show they might be the cause of some forms of cancer.

Why would anyone want 4900% of a recommended daily dosage? Everyone knows all the excess vitamin does not get stored and just leaves the body. It seems a bit weird advertising with something you don't need.

boodoo
06-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Not to mention artificial flavors, colors and preservatives.

Damon
06-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Stick with Extreme Ripped Force ! No Energy drink is better for you!