PDA

View Full Version : Mtn. Dew Amp to be in 16oz. cans

Brent
06-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Just got word today at a sales meeting that we'll be seeing Mtn. Dew Amp in the Sobe NoFear size can by the end of summer. I saw it in our Pepsi merchandising standards book. Do you all this it's too much to have 16 oz of Amp??

Acheron
06-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Brent:
Just got word today at a sales meeting that we'll be seeing Mtn. Dew Amp in the Sobe NoFear size can by the end of summer. I saw it in our Pepsi merchandising standards book. Do you all this it's too much to have 16 oz of Amp?? Not at all. In fact I purchased, and enjoyed the Monster XXL, which comes in a mighty impressive 23.5oz can.

Ron Swedelson
06-18-2005, 07:32 PM
I think AMP needs to do something to help build its sales. Out here, Red Bull and Red Bull SF are the only 8 oz cans in the top 10 SKU's...16 oz has a lot of pull for these drinks. The 24 oz cans...too much for me, but if they sell, what can I really say.

Robot
06-19-2005, 09:51 PM
8oz is enough of any energy drnk for me usually, but if it helps sales, go for it..

i think they should just push it into 12ozcans and sell it at a SLIGHT premium over regular soda, and see sales take off, especially if they offered a diet version, and then focus on sobe lineup and starbucks.

HomeGrown
06-21-2005, 12:35 AM
This good news i like amp althoguh i tend to enjoy/drink sobe NoFear more. I like haveing 16oz cans they offer a bigger bang for your buck.

pepsidew
06-25-2005, 11:20 PM
16oz cans of AMP would be great, i hadn't heard about this...around here we sell more sobe rush and sobe no fear.