PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Choppers Energy

PopNutz
06-27-2005, 05:34 PM
I tried OCC Energy drink the other day and I have to say it was a disappointment. Why do these companys continue to put products on the market that taste just like someone else's drink. This one tasted just like so many of the other knock-offs that are out there. I'm sure the name will get some people to try it but I can't see many people becoming repeat buyers for this product. I wonder how long this one will be on the market?

boodoo
06-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Very disappointing. Who was in charge of this project anyway....Mikey?

You would think that a company like OCC that prides itself on being "custom" and "innovative" would have demanded a better product/package from their branding partner.

Mr Zabe
06-28-2005, 09:34 AM
My two cents.

When Paul Sr gets wind of the use of his trade mark name OCC (Orange County Choppers) your company will get his legal size 12 boot up your proverbial A$S.

OCC prides itself on making the best choppers. They are very selective which national companies they associate with,quality begets quality. I doubt some energy drink "wana-be" meets their high standards.

[ 06-28-2005, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Fry
06-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Personally I find this whole "brand stretching" a bit stupid! Sure, they make nice bikes... but why would I want an energy drink with their name on it?

The only reason I buy something is the taste, sure... they'll sell some cans, but I doubt customers will pay for another Red Bull rip-off.

[ 06-28-2005, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Fry ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-28-2005, 03:21 PM
I see we have some OCC fans here.

What did it taste like?

Since you say it was a knock-off of many others, I have to assume it was the infamous bubblegum flavor.

People need to realize that Red Bull sells because of its marketing, not it's taste. So stop trying to imitate it!

boodoo
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Brand stretching goes way back....Baby Ruth anyone?

PopNutz
06-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
I see we have some OCC fans here.

What did it taste like?

Since you say it was a knock-off of many others, I have to assume it was the infamous bubblegum flavor.

People need to realize that Red Bull sells because of its marketing, not it's taste. So stop trying to imitate it! The taste was as you said the infamous bubblegum flavor with a hint of blueberry. The color was a pale blue. The can looked good but it looks more like Full Throttle or No Fear in an 8oz can.

Beverage Slinger
06-28-2005, 09:11 PM
its not about quality, its about marketing,they make choppers not energy drinks,honestly what company is going to turn away millions of dollars to lend their name to a product,free money,but in the end if the product sucked, they get gragged down too,remember the " west coast choppers" back to school closeout of pencils,notebooks,folders of unsold merchandise for pennies on the dollar,product burnout,its over when you see a 80 year old person tatin it on their behind.

Mr Zabe
06-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Not to be rude but I could not understand your last post. If you meant that any company/individual would be foolish not to take a mega pay out and that the quality of said product would not matter?

If that's what you are saying I beg to differ with you. High profile companies/individuals care a great deal about who markets their image and name.

They care a great deal. Why? Because the amount of money they could earn from a sponsor could never repair the destruction of their public image from a less than good product or service.

Goes back to a saying that I have heard so many times. A man's name is the most important thing he trades on.

[ 06-28-2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Fry
06-29-2005, 04:05 AM
I understand it's all about marketing, but to be honest I think you can only stretch a brand so far... as soon as you go too far people simple don't believe it.

It's exactly what "Beverage Slinger" said, as soon as you see everyone walking around with some trendy brand it's not trendy anymore and the brand loses it's value.

boodoo
06-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Slurm rules! Where is Bender when you really need him?

Beverage Slinger
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
How soon will you find OCC gear next to the west coast choppers,slash, new kids on the block, slash, back street boys gear at your friendly dollar outlet,we are capitalist,its all about "PROFIT" not to be mistaken with prophet,its about E mailing a deal,keeping records,negotiating price,and moving boxes to be consumed,so one can use thier computer,use their office,word or excell,make a spread sheet and show on a gragh of HOW MUCH,now I not bitching,but this is the world we live in,let us pray that nascar does not get wind of this.

Mr Zabe
06-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I agree, just don't trade on my good name for your profit. That's the point,trade marks and copy rights have legal standing in the US.

How companies,business or sports teams market themselves is not at question. These enterprises own the right to their names and trade marks.

Beverage Slinger
06-30-2005, 08:30 PM
And now we are in an agreement,its trully about "TRUST" and all the good qualities,negotiations move smooth,and long term relations begin.

Mr Zabe
06-30-2005, 08:38 PM
My last words...IMO it's all about the money and covering one's own butt. You bust my balls (take my name or money) I will remove your balls in a legal court. That's the American way.

Beverage Slinger
06-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Mr.Zabe,arent relations better,this isnt about any company,only our opinions,A mentor of mine sat with me and we talked,Henry has been in the procurement business for 40+ years,he didnt sell,he built relations all over the world,in fact he discouraged selling and focused on personel contact to build long lasting relations,I guess we were not on the same page,you are entitled to your opinion,as I am also, God bless America,the constitution, thats the American way.

Beverage Slinger
07-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I have learned one thing,more important than growth,profit margins,new technology,"CUSTOMER LOYALTY" and thats based on PopNutz opinion and comments, if anything, they are the most important opinions here "it was a disappointment" that's not good,but the coup de grace was repeat buyer,he's right IMO and now moving into a global free trade market there going to be a bunch of hungry new players who LISTEN and focus on CUSTOMER LOYALTY,anyway thats my 2 cents from a "shelf stocker" I think I'll have some cornbread now.