PDA

View Full Version : Club America Energy Drink

ramonazo
08-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Hi, this is my first post in the Energy Drink forum, and I want to talk about something about I saw in the reviews of this website:

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/club_america_energy_drink/clubamerica-can.jpg

For those who don't know what is America, it's a well-known soccer team here in Mexico, that has a lot of fans and also a lot of haters (I'm one of them), recently America had a fast marketing launching, but launching an energy soda is really ridiculous (not to mention Chiva Cola by the Chivas team) I think that Televisa (the mexican media company who owns the team) it's surpassing the limits. What do you think?

[ 08-25-2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

boodoo
08-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Ramon,

I can see the benefit of a retail chain (7-11) doing a private label but I don't think sports teams or motorcycle builders will be successful.

How does it taste?

ramonazo
08-26-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't know, even is not on sale here in Mex. I think, that's the funniest thing of all. An energy drink about a mexican soccer team and is not on sale here (I think)

the saint
08-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Coke here has some bottled water that are 1) H2OU Sooner and 2)H2OSU Cowboys. They don't really sell much until football season starts then it just flies off the shelves. Therefore it isn't a bad idea as long as it is soccer season but after the season it more than likely will not do much.

The One
09-25-2005, 04:46 PM
I couldn't disagree with you guys more. This is the first energy drink in a while that looks like it has a chance to compete in the market.

I live in Los Angeles and I'm not even a sooccer fan but I picked up a can at a Spanish grocer because of the cool posters and I have to say that I am hooked. It tastes great, and apparently its a hit in LA. It tastes like a soda but with a real citrus bite at the end that the you find in a lot of beverages that Hispanics typically go for. My buddy who is a receiver at the store says that they order pallets of the stuff and that anything dealing with soccer, especially Club America, is selling great because they are the current champs. It's been around for a couple of months at that location, but I'm starting to find at other locations now in LA that you wouldn't expect to find a drink about soccer, like 7-11 and gas stations.

So Colero, even though you are an admitted hater, don't underestimate this drink. It's a cool concept and taps into an important segment of society.

By the way, I was just in Mexico for vacation and I saw the product in Comercial Mexicana. So its probably found nationally there already. That doesn't sound too ridiculous to me.

Fry
09-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Does anyone know the company behind this new product?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-13-2006, 06:25 PM
This product arrived recently in Mexico in 12 oz.... and Televisa promotes it like crazy in their four channels...

But I wouldn't drink it... and I won't drink Chiva Cola again...

[ 03-13-2006, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]