PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Vending Machines

Pages : 1 [2]

-VV-
05-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by redbullseye:
are any of you small time vending guys carrying insurance ? if so what type of policy ?I wouldn't set foot in an automobile without insurance. Running a business without insurance, whether incorporated or not, is equally foolish.

Insurance
Lawyer
Accountant

In basically that order. I am more than certain your site ops expect you to be fully insured with liability, damage, and property damage coverage. What happens when a kid breaks his arm trying to pull out a free can of product? What happens if, while moving a machine, you yank a cord and a topple a rack of equipment worth thousands?

Insurance shouldn't really be thought of so much as an option, as a necessary cost of doing business. It just aslo happens to be inexpensive so there really isn't much excuse not to have it.

bullman
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Those are some good points. Just how much does insurance like that cost?

-VV-
05-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Full coverage should run you about $100-125/yr per machine, give or take. That includes about $1,000,000 in liability coverage. We use State Farm and have had no problems.

EntreEnergy
05-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Insurance is definitely a must. Like veruca said some big locations require you to have a policy. Presenting your 1 or 2 million aggregate policy to other locations also helps you pitch your machines. Falling back on your corporate protection is in other words saying- if something does go wrong, my business will be over with, but I personally will be ok. With my size of 3 machines I have insurance, and plan on incorporating with increased size.

For 3 machines with liability and property (covering the machines) I have received many quotes for (per year) $1000 plus, some 800, and a 650 which we are going with. I requested quotes from a few state farm agents and never received a response..Veruca do you have property insurance as well? 300-375$ for 3 machines sounds more like it heheh.

bullman
05-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Well... I'm glad redbullseye asked the insurance question. EntreEnergy, that was a good way of putting it. As you can tell, I'm not only new in the vending business, but new to being in business for myself. That is one area (insurance and possible liability) my attorney did not give much explanation of when we incorporated.

Obviously now, I need to do some insurance shopping. I'm putting my 2nd and 3rd machines out on location next week, so now I'm really nervous. ((( :~| )))

Mr Zabe
05-04-2006, 05:01 PM
bullman,
IMO I would get the insurance coverage ASAP.
Actually I would not place machine #1 with out some insurance. Sometimes strange things happen to newly placed vending machines. You have put a nice investment at risk so insurance is very important.

I have had excellent service with State Farm. My Dad's close friend operated a local State Farm business. I know that S.F. is a very fair company. As was said in a previous post, for a little bit over a hundred dollars per machine per year is a small price to pay for piece of mind.

*MR. B
05-04-2006, 07:53 PM
new here just thinking about getting a few machine and giving it a try. Were is the best place to purchase a machine, best model,and a good price? thanks

-VV-
05-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by EntreEnergy:
Veruca do you have property insurance as well? 300-375$ for 3 machines sounds more like it heheh. Yes, all our machines are fully insured. The difference in rates probably has more to do with the fact that you're in Cali than anything else, and it costs a little more to cover property there. ;)

[ 05-04-2006, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

-VV-
05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
bullman,
IMO I would get the insurance coverage ASAP.
Actually I would not place machine #1 with out some insurance. On point yet again, Mr. Zabe. I completely agree. What if, and it's a BIG if, you drop it off the back of the truck or the lift fails and dumps your machine? These should be covered the minute you receive them from the delivery truck. The minute they hit the ground/dock, they're all yours.

[ 05-04-2006, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]

redbullseye
05-05-2006, 10:37 AM
thanks everyone for the insight !! are most of you using s corps or dba's ???

ILUVCC
05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
What is wrong with you people? Creative Concepts is in full swing and taking your orders! They back all they're machines with a 100% money back gur. I don't see what the fuss is about...really, I purchased 5 machines for the price of $23,000 ( a steal really when you consider the materials and shipping) and I am doing great in Northern TN. (nashville) Your not going to do well at all with any machine other then the ones from CC. Even tho they are no longer doing business with Red Bull because Red Bull could not keep up with CC's impressive selling capacities. 2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate? Eddie and Andrew and all the Creative Concepts Crew.....yeaaaaaa!!! We love you guys!!!

Jaguar
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Well, I bought 3 machines from CC last fall 2005 and received them at the end of 2005 and locator found places for them about a month later. They are doing terrible, about 1 can a week from 2 of them, and attempted break-in of those 2 machines. Just waiting for the CC warranty to come into play.

b
05-05-2006, 03:44 PM
5 BRAND NEW MODEL RED BULL MACHINES FOR SALE-$14,000

SDR
05-05-2006, 10:39 PM
ILUVCC,

What type of results are you getting? I have been reading posts on this subject for months and you are one of a hand full of people who have said something positive about CC.

bullman
05-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by ILUVCC:
What is wrong with you people? Creative Concepts is in full swing and taking your orders! They back all they're machines with a 100% money back gur. I don't see what the fuss is about...really, I purchased 5 machines for the price of $23,000 ( a steal really when you consider the materials and shipping) and I am doing great in Northern TN. (nashville) Your not going to do well at all with any machine other then the ones from CC. Even tho they are no longer doing business with Red Bull because Red Bull could not keep up with CC's impressive selling capacities. 2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate? Eddie and Andrew and all the Creative Concepts Crew.....yeaaaaaa!!! We love you guys!!! Let's not kid ourselves here. What an absolute crock of pure bunk this is! This guy OBVIOUSLY works for CC, I mean come on, who else in their right mind would have a name like I-LUV-CC? Makes me what to puke. Eddie, is that you? Why don't you take your sleazy New York tactics and go away.

[ 05-05-2006, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]

*MR. B
05-06-2006, 04:32 PM
I agree im new here so i called royal to get some info and they were very helpful and said that cc will definetly be out of the picture from redbull.

Im trying to get some good info on were to buy and a good model of machine. :confused:

-VV-
05-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Mr. B, if you are looking for just a generic machine which you can use to vend different beverages, there are a large number of choices for you. Several of the operators on this board have recommended the BC-10 vendors. They are ten selection machines which are easily modified to accomodate many different types and sizes of beverage packaging. I have heard many positive comments about them from several people. They are also very reasonably priced. On those, telling you one place to get them would be a disservice, since many different vending machine sales companies offer them. Your best bet is to check prices online and locally and shop around for the best deal/company to work with. It's probably worth it to pay a little more to your local vending sales company if you can. The advantages of dealing with a local sales/support channel can't be overstated in this business.

If you are looking for the Red Bull branded machines, the only thing I can suggest is talking to your local distributor and mentioning your interest. RBNA is making an announcement detailing their new vending sales on May 15th, and it appears that will be handled almost entirely via local distribution channels. However, Royal offers many other machines which are not branded, and I have nothing but positive things to say about our Royal vendors. They are quality machines. I'm not sure that you can buy from Royal directly, they will probably refer you to one of their authorized sales agents in your State, but I wouldn't make a decision without at least considering them.

Also, you might want to join www.vendingtalk.com (http://www.vendingtalk.com) and have a look through the various threads. There are alot of well established industry professionals there, and there is plenty of good material there to help you with your research.

Best of luck to you...

[ 05-07-2006, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Veruca Vending ]