PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drink Vending. Viable?

fano3
10-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi, I'm new here and hope to gain enough insight from all of you to help decide if getting into the vending business is the right decision for me.

Red Bull is offering free standing vending machines (through Creative Concepts). Cans vend for $2 and my profit would be 75 cents per can. Is this a reasonable profit margin?

Anything else I should be worried about or aware of to make sure this is a smart and profitable venture?

Thank you in advance!

Mr Zabe
10-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Your gross profit for each can sold is 38%.
I have no actual knowledge but these numbers seem reasonably good for a vending machine.

Red Sox fan
10-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Is this legit? Does Red Bull Endorse this program?

IS this how Red Bull plans to go to market with their vending program?

Has anyone placed a machine out there through Creative concepts?

fano3
10-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys.

Yes, I contacted Red Bull as I had the same thoughts and they confirmed that they indeed came to a deal with Creative Concepts to sell the machines.

fusion
10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
But keep in mind that you'll have to pay for placements, give the establishment a cut of your profits, pay for repairs, and so on.

If the machine is broken into, who pays to fix it? What about the stolen products?

On a side note, Pepsi has energy vendors. I saw one on Beale Street in Memphis a few weeks ago.

Red Sox fan
10-12-2005, 06:15 PM
so doesn't coke. Co-wrapped Full Throttle/Rockstar.

Fano-how did you contact Red Bull? Do you mind posting or private emailing me the # you called so I can follow up as well.

Red Sox fan
10-12-2005, 06:22 PM
There is a one year warranty on the machines for any damaged or broken down/into machines.

Also, Supposedly Creative Concepts will give you placements that they already have established when you sign up for the program.

All they require is an initial investment of about 13 grand for which you get 3 machines. Fano- do I have this right?

Warranties and garaunteed placements for Red Bull Machines?!?! Sounds a little too good to be true, especially for such an established product like Red Bull. Red Bull has enough money to purchase and service these vendors on thier own, why would they contract out their vendors to outside companies/investors???

fano3
10-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Hey Sox fan - I just went to Red Bull's website and emailed them; they got back to me in a day or two.

Yes - CC claims they give you established locations in exchange for the $13K (along with initial stock of inventory, multiple retail locations and complete support and service).

I mean, I don't know if this is too good to be true; is this a standard sort of deal with liquid vending machines? I like the idea that CC/RB let you start off slow - 1 or 2 machines and then grow as I see fit.

I've no idea why RB wouln't just do this all themselves. Sorry, I'm really green with this business that's why I figured I'd ask questions around this board. I mean, obviously I won't get rich from 1 or 2 machines, but the extra income could be pretty sweet and who knows, maybe I could build up eventually to a bunch of RB machines and be on my way to a business that will allow me to quit the day job.

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Wisdom from old fart Zabe. LOL

There is no such thing as a free lunch.
(Excluding dumpster diving behind a 5 star restaurant. LOL)

If it sound to good to be true, than it is too good to true.

No legitimate company "ASOCIATED" with a company producing a "hot" brand such as Red Bull is going to sell you "hot" spots to sell their products especially to a non established company. You may get 3 machines for 13 grand but I will guarantee you that you will be given poor if not bad locations.

This company makes their money by selling you machines. They have no concern if you sell 10 bottles or 500 bottles a month.

I would advise that you find a good lawyer who specializes in business law. The money you will pay for sound legal advice could save you many head aches.

Get a copy of the contract that they want you to sign. Call the better business bureau for the state they are located and your state.

I have been burned in the past. I try to take a step back and say "Does this look like a scam?"
Like I have said after all the background checking, if there is no background to be found. Run away like your ass is on fire. Some of these companies play off the fact that greed for money usually over comes common sense.

[ 10-13-2005, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
10-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Firstly, I don't think Red Bull would get into it, because they are in the business of selling their products to distributors. And most distributors really aren't set up to do vending. Eventually as the brand and the energy drink market as a whole matures, you may see RB and others getting into vending. It's easy for Coke and Pepsi, they can just use existing machines with some slight modifications.

Secondly, I do wonder how the distributors would feel about another party coming into their territory and selling their products. I realize the contracts may have been written to specifically exclude vending rights, but I really don't know. I know I wouldn't be too happy about it.

Red Sox fan
10-13-2005, 10:37 AM
In one way I do see the benefit to Red Bull and their distributors..

Vending machine operators would purchase their Red Bull distributors for $32-$33 which is standard wholesale pricing, NOT distributor pricing. so fusion- this would not undercut Red Bull distributors who are probably paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $24 a case. In fact, REd Bull distributors would actually benefit because I am assuming that they would be selling product to the vending machine operators at a full and normal margin.

Red Bull and thier distributors may just see this as another way to sell more cases. A vending machine in their and thier distributors eyes is just another outlet, like a mini convenience store.

fusion
10-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I wasn't specifically talking about undercutting, but about taking away sales from established distributors.

I have no doubt that the distributors would make good money from selling to 3rd party vendor operators.

fano3
10-14-2005, 11:52 AM
This is all great stuff for a novice like me. Thanks.

I don't think this is any kind of scam - as I mentioned, I had an email conversation with someone at Red Bull who verified that they sold the vending machine sales rights to Creative.

My thinking (right or wrong) is would Red Bull enter into a legit agreement with a company if they thought they were a sham? Wouldn't it put a black mark on their business if the company they work with is a con? My other question is what someone has already put out there, and that is...why wouldn't Red Bull just do it themselves? Why did they bring in another party?

Mr Zabe - thanks - I'm going to have my lawyer check out the contract and contact the BBB.

boodoo
10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I would advise mutiple discussions with other people in the vending business before you make the leap fano3. A few things to remember:

1)Service calls must be made very quickly to avoid getting the boot from an establishment.

2)Repairs and service can be costly.

3) Fuel costs are through the roof compared to a year ago.

fano3
10-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Damn I'm glad I found this board.

Thanks boodoo.

mjb1124
10-14-2005, 11:56 PM
My college's student center has a vending machine consisting of Sobe Adrenaline Rush, Sobe No Fear, and Mountain Dew Amp. And I do see people getting drinks from them.

Mr Zabe
10-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Just wondering. What were the veining prices as compared to what you would pay in a store.

My guess is even if the price was a $1 more a can, people would not mind as this product line is not always available in stores.

BATBL18
10-15-2005, 10:12 PM
The Coke owned Full Throttle/Rockstar Machines that I have seen have loaded in them 4 buttons of Rockstar regular, 3 Diet Rockstar, and 2 Full Throttle. No sign of Rockstar Cola of Full Throttle Sugar Free. Cans were priced at $2 a piece.

fusion
10-16-2005, 01:49 AM
In areas where Coke has Rockstar, there will be no Rockstar cola.

raiders420
11-23-2005, 10:14 PM
any new news on red bull vending?

Jack-Jack
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes the product for the machines comes right from CC, not the local distributor. Red Bull is not going to jump into bed with with a bunch of con artists. If a vending machine gets a $1.25 OR $1.50 for a coke $2.25 or 2.50 for a RB is not out of line.

leftprop
12-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I am also new to this. Does anyone have any updates on redbull vending machines? Has anyone purchased redbull vending machines?

gripperm
12-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Too bad you cant buy your own machine and stock it with different energy drink brands. Place it near a college campus etc...

xtreme distribution
01-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I would be curious to find out if anyone actually has done this business as well. I have done my due diligence but CC has recently increased their prices due to increased demand. Also, their new minimum purchase amount is for 5 machines over $20k. I still feel it to be reasonable considering the huge brand awareness and dominance in the energy drink market. $2.25 to $2.50 for a can is rather reasonable. But seriously, anyone done this and have success? Has anyone done this and not have success? And why?

bllplyr2
01-10-2006, 12:51 AM
gripperm..........u can, email me about it

fusion
01-12-2006, 03:32 PM
If I was the local RB distributor, I would be very unhappy with this whole setup. First, someone else comes into "my" territory selling Red Bull in vending machines, and secondly, they aren't even buying their product from me!

Reminds me of Jones shipping product direct to Target warehouses.

sweet home alabama
01-16-2006, 11:32 AM
IF I were going to get a few red bull vending machines, from a source other than creative concepts (the new red bull machines), where should I look. I looked on Ebay and there are few of the old red bull machines. I've been doing my research, and I think this is a very lucrative idea, if you choose your vending spots very carefully. I'm looking to acquire a few machines and try it out. Also, does anyone know what the unit cost breakdown would be for purchasing red bull in large quantities (and at what quantity would the unit price slowly level off at)? I know it would vary depending on supplier, but I know it would not differ that much, if the quanitities were large enough. I want something more concrete to run my numbers on. After reading some of the posts, you guys seem to know what you talking about. I appreciate your help. I agree that think creative concepts is overpriced and not worth the capital investment. I'm looking at other alternatives. Thanks.

the saint
01-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Not to burst your bubble but you basically do not get to "choose" your locations. The owners of the property that you are looking at more than likely do NOT want a vending machine of any kind there. If it is such a lucrative spot there would already be either a Pepsi or a coke machine there. good luck on your endeavor regardless, I hope you do well.

Army Dude
01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
CC just mailed me my purchasing forms today. It seems like a good deal. I am trying to find actual vendors to see how they are doing. They have a good track record with the BBB. Any suggestions or advice?

Mr Zabe
01-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Get a lawyer to read the contract before you sign or send money to CC.

Two just keep this in mind,the references listed on their forms may not be reputable.

Lastly...."If it sounds too good to be true than it is too good to be true." If this business opportunity is so good than why are they selling this program.
Why would they not put in place their own machines and run a company making big money?

IMO....I would not get involved with this company. The "pitch" seems shady let alone the pitch of getting good locations.

[ 01-18-2006, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
01-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by BATBL18:
The Coke owned Full Throttle/Rockstar Machines that I have seen have loaded in them 4 buttons of Rockstar regular, 3 Diet Rockstar, and 2 Full Throttle. No sign of Rockstar Cola of Full Throttle Sugar Free. Cans were priced at $2 a piece. I saw one of them in Las Vegas Premium Outlet Center

xtreme distribution
01-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Creative Concepts has now begun a new process to get the local RB distributors involved. So instead of purchasing the cans directly from them, you are now involving the local distributors. I assume this occurred due to intense pressure from the local distributors. However, from my understanding, for this to occur, they had to honor the same pricing so their margins are cut slightly but they are still making some dough.

fusion
01-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, that is at least somewhat good news.

Ron Swedelson
01-19-2006, 12:20 PM
The local RB dist. out here has been doing that for a while

xtreme distribution
01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Well, this will be interesting. I made the decision to do this business and have already sumbited some serious money. I do have a question if anyone may know I'd appreciate the insight. They claim (and they being CC) that the average energy drink vending machine vends 20 cans a day). Now assuming I can get good placements, is anyone out there thinking this is possible, let's say after a couple months or so.

Mr Zabe
01-27-2006, 05:12 PM
My friend as IMO a rule of thumb, when a sales man told us what a style or design would sell (30 years of imprinted sportswear retail business); in general our long trusted sales man was accurate about %80 of the time.

If your being told 20 cans a machine per day in a good location, to me that means in general you will be lucky to sell 6 to 8 cans. You have to figure this salesman thinks that if he was very honest with you, you may not of done the deal.

I always think that if I'm being pitched a deal that I need to think about the worst case scenario. In your case you putting a good deal of money up front for a risk that at most will leave you with a few machines and product that is taking up space.

In this deal you have very little positive "edge", really it is a crap shoot with high stakes.

[ 01-28-2006, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
01-27-2006, 05:19 PM
well I guess it COULD be possible. You have to keep in mind that their average number comes from all the machines sales added together and divided by that number. This would include the 20 machines out in Ca that possibly sell 200 cans a day each and the 20 machines in Hogswallow Ar that do not sell (on average)a single can a day which by the formula I gave is 200x20=4000 cans divided by 40 Machines = 100 cans a day. The real questions here are , HOW big of energy drinkers are there in Madison ,WI? Are the placements you THINK you can get capable of selling 40 cans a day to offset the placements that do not average 1 can a day?

Dang I can't believe it took me 7 min to write this

[ 01-27-2006, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

pepsidew
01-28-2006, 09:17 AM
we run No Fear & MDX out of our pepsi vending machines - they do alright

Sunni
01-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I bought 5 machines from Creative Concepts. I received them about 3 weeks ago. So far I've placed 3 of them. Finding locations has proven to be much harder than I anticipated. I decided to find locations on my own instead of hiring a locate company. I'll keep you all informed on how my machines are doing. I'll be checking the 3 I have out within the week, so I can give you a starting daily avg. Oh yeah, the location are: a college text book store, a bicycle shop in the downtown area, and in the front of a super lube on a main street.

Any questions? I'd be happy to answer if I can.

xtreme distribution
01-30-2006, 01:16 PM
I thought of that point and since Madison is such a big college town and a town of highly educated and highly motivated individuals, it is plausible that the 20/day can average would hold. Seeing as I bought into 2 counties, I would expect that number to hold very well. I do expect some to do 2-3 a day but others could see achieving that average. We'll see how well it does once I get placements for them.

RedBullVendors
01-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Our machine's are on the way as well. Creative Concepts has really treated us well so far. Some may think they are pushy, but they are very helpful and try there best to help you make a sound desision. Our machines are going to be placed very soon.

Our web site is under construction and will be updated very soon. www.redbullvendors.com (http://www.redbullvendors.com)

mr 2005
02-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I am looking into CC also and they seem a bit shady. The guy on the phone reminds of the guys in the movie "Boiler Room."

Can I generic vending machine and stock with a variety of energey drinks?

How do I find out how the distributor is for Red Bull and other drink in my area?

Thanks

Potential Red Bull Vendor
02-04-2006, 04:44 AM
cant wait for someone to post actual results and cans/day/machine...thanks

just thinkin
02-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I think the big issue is if you have the right locations where you get enough traffic and young people it could be opossible to sell even 30 cans a day

02-04-2006, 01:00 PM
ya know, mr 2005, Sam's Club has Red Bull for 1.30/can so i wouldn't worry about finding the local vendor. you can buy the machines and the product at local warehouse stores...i'm only open to 25K for some machines for, as someone mentioned earlier, the flashy Red Bull machine and curb appeal it brings. i also agree it is mainly an impulse item, though there are loyal RB drinkers.

just thinkin
02-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I talked to cc and got an info packet, called them and did not find them to be pushy at all. They gave me references to call including redbull NA. Of course they probably talk to so many people daily with to many questions and are just trying to sort the serious people from the rest of them.

02-04-2006, 05:40 PM
i've actually been calling all over my city to the locations i would consider...most are not availible....have contracts with local venidng companies and/or coke/pepsi....

yeah, eddie is cool...just a funny message he left me. if i decide to go with cc...he'll be the one i talk to.

JBrien
02-05-2006, 07:41 AM
I am in the same "just thinking" boat as a few of you are. This CC deal is daunting in terms of the money and real value of the deal. To me it all rides on the location company. I can get machines on eBay from others who got them through CC. I can buy Red Bull in the warehouse clubs for a comparable price so I guess so I am looking at the VALUE of the location company to account for the rest of the money in the total amount of the deal. Agree??? Is that worth it? Do I really need them?

Mr Zabe
02-05-2006, 01:48 PM
I some what disagree.
Sam's Club at least the ones near by me have pallets of Red Bull on the sales floor. I'm guessing that if one spoke with the store manger he could take care of your needs. Sam's is geared for these special orders. They have an awesome distribution system, most orders make it to the store in a few days and or the next day.

My second point, my family has brought car batteries,tires, minor engine repairs and oil changes at Sam's. We have been very pleased with the quality and service. Sam's in general has great customer service on the floor and at the check outs.

Lastly used soda pop machines in good shape cost well below $3,500. Wanapete could give you more feed back as he collects all kinds of soda pop machines. As well if the product is fresh (Red Bull) and available in the quantities needed, why would one not buy it cheaper at a Sam's? From what has been said by other Red Bull vendors;it's not like you will be filling your machines with 6 or 7 cases of product once a week. Here again distributor has minimum price points. Also can you afford to store (pay the rent) for back stock?

Just some things to think about.

[ 02-05-2006, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

just thinkin
02-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I agree with you veruca cc offers the machines with a great warranty. I can do refrigeration but even when the warranties expire i would still probably pay for the monthly warranty plans to avoid having to fix the machines myself. I would however keep them clean and fully maintained. Maintenance is a very important issue. Also sams club and costco are offering the product here for approx. 10 cents extra so go sell 1800 cans however long it takes does not matter just do the 10 cents math and it adds up

just thinkin
02-05-2006, 02:51 PM
i think the messageboard would be a great idea

JBrien
02-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the insight...good points to consider on either side of this "cheaping out" issue. So...this Red Bull specific message board idea is a good one. Go for it. You know, I am really torn as to whether I am willing to risk the money going with CC and this idea. I have another investor so my deal would cost me half. Our hope is to build it as a part time venture - nothing more. Problem is I am a cheap-skate at heart and have a hard time believing that I will get 20 cans a day on average. Who is willing to tell me hard numbers (cans) and what locations are best? Who actually vends from Red Bull machines and went thru CC?

02-06-2006, 08:02 AM
JBrien....you stole the words right out of my mouth. I think the message board would be a great idea. I too am on the fence....i certainly think it can be profitable but 25K, just to start...and i haven't heard anything about obligation to buy more machines....eddie didn't mention that. i did see a post about having to buy more machines in six months or something???is that correct?

thanks everyone for your input and expertise (from you experienced vendors) i dont mind paying the money if i had some idea i would get a return. JBrien, keep me updated if you find some testimonials worth sharing.

02-06-2006, 08:05 AM
oh...the placement company... its third party...you can contract them with or without CC. I'm not sure its worth it....because, if the places i want are unavailible, placement companies cant help...they can only place them in the same locations as i can. and i have more time than money...so....anyway

just thinkin
02-06-2006, 10:05 AM
as far as what i think, if the machine does not do well in one place you always have to keep a look out for new places. Thats why if you would use a location co. and they place your machines they might not find the greatest location then your screwed. So what if they go out and find five locations and they all suck. Are you going to call them again? What can they do for you that you yourself cannot? besides time being a major issue.But i think anybody can set a day or two aside and find locations or make some kind of progress instead of paying some guy you dont know to find the BEST locations for YOUR BUISNESS

Mr Zabe
02-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Good point. I can see both sides to this point.
Just some food for thought. What it all boils down to is how knowledgeable one is about the demand and potential traffic of your customers.

Just me,I would rather hold the destiny of my investment in my own hands (follow my gut thought on good traffic locations) than rely on an outside party. In medium to large communities, if one has no clue for good sites, then maybe I (just me) would burn some gas and get to know it. Shelling out big bucks blind would drive me nuts and on psych meds. LOLOLOLOLOl

[ 02-06-2006, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

just thinkin
02-06-2006, 11:19 AM
AFTER ALL YOUR STILL GOING TO HAVE TO OR AT LEAST WANT TO BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE OWNERS OF THE LOCATIONS YOU ARE LOOKING AT SO WHY NOT MEET THEM YOURSELF. IF YOU HAVE A HARD TIME TALKING TO PEOPLE YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE

JBrien
02-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks again for the feedback. I have a few locations that I am confident would be pretty good so I am going to contact them and start learning from those conversations. I work in retail in my day job and have pretty much been in retail my whole life. I want to understand the importance of traffic vs. conversion.

I will take the mentioned advice and call the references that I can. I don't expect full disclosure on a message board - point taken.

The CC deal was stated that they offer up additional machines in time increments but I am not obligated to take over the whole county.

Veruca, do you vend Red Bull? I don't think I picked up on that in your postings.

Mr Zabe
02-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Just a point, for that very reason alone, hiring a good lawyer to read the CC contract is money well spent. Figuring out a contract after it gets signed is like eating a peanut butter and arsenic sandwich for lunch. It sure tastes good when one is hungry but it will kill you as it hits the stomach. smile.gif

[ 02-07-2006, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

02-07-2006, 03:59 AM
hhhmmm.....i just want to make some money. LOL (kidding)

Red Bull Vendor
02-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I have machines located close to the University of Iowa Campus and they are NOT gettting 20-30 vends a day. Creative Concepts tells you what you want to hear, I have one machine located in the pool area of a large hotel 400+ rooms it sells 5-8 cans A WEEK. Save your money or buy a lower priced machine. I just purchased a few of the older style machines for only $2199.00. They actually seem to be doing better than the newer style. They are easier to transport and look real nice in office breakrooms. I think that is what kind of traffic you want. Where people are pressed for time and want a RedBull. anywhere other locations they can just get it at a convenience store instead. My experience is that the sales are better in cafeterias, than my 3 hotels.

Red Bull Vendor
02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
I have 3 new machines and 6 of the old style machines. These have been in operation for 1 month, I have real facts about both machines. I personally would NOT give CC another dime of my money or time. Once they have your cash, they will rarely contact you again. Thier locator sucks, I went out and found my own locator who was alot more responsive than Target Marketing and Costal Locators. CC is there to make money off you and that is the bottom line. If you want to know more email me. Also if you are interested in a few of the older machines, I can get you hooked up for $2199 each. Both machines sell product, one just has a faster "return on investment" which is what my bottom line is. The quicker the machine is paid off, the quicker I am making a profit.

Breuvage .J
02-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Have you tried to install a machine in any high rise office building. Out of all the machines that you have in place, what is your avg. cans per day per machine ......

Seeing that you already have a territory with RB, and that you purchased your first machines with CC, I guess they will not bug you on any of the legal stuff .......

Well good luck, I am looking into this for my market, Montreal, but we do not have any access to the machines yet .....

Red Bull Vendor
02-07-2006, 04:10 PM
xtreme, you have to understand that it a college town, and college have limited income. They will go to a local convenience store and get a 4 pack for alot cheaper. the best locations for these machines is in cafeterias, Not around college towns on sidewalks. I have 3 machines located in the lobbies at hotels in IOWA CITY which is hoem of teh University of IOWA. They dont do jack. I have 3 machines located in cfeterias and one at a laundry-mat these do ALOT better, and they are the oldstyle machines. The new machines DO look nice, but they are OVERKILL on the price. $2100 compared to $3500. makes a big difference when it come to a RETURN ON INVESTMENT. They will buy the REDBULL from either machine, it not the machines looks that sell it. It is the red bull itself that sells. Save your money, get a cheaper machine, I have some of these available at $2199 each. let me know if you are interested.

Breuvage .J
02-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Did you have to pay for you locations , and or do you give the location owner a fixed amount per sale or a percentage of sales .....

just thinkin
02-07-2006, 04:35 PM
red bull vendor, are you just trying to get rid of your old machines to upgrade to the new version ive come across this already from another guy talking how much the machine doesnt matter yet they are trying to sell there old machines

CCE Girlie
02-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Sunni:
I bought 5 machines from Creative Concepts. I received them about 3 weeks ago. So far I've placed 3 of them. Finding locations has proven to be much harder than I anticipated. I decided to find locations on my own instead of hiring a locate company. I'll keep you all informed on how my machines are doing. I'll be checking the 3 I have out within the week, so I can give you a starting daily avg. Oh yeah, the location are: a college text book store, a bicycle shop in the downtown area, and in the front of a super lube on a main street.

Any questions? I'd be happy to answer if I can.

CCE Girlie
02-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I hate to be mean but---at a college---students don't have money!

Mr Zabe
02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Good point but they do shell out $3.50 for a Starbuck double mocha grandee. LOL When I was in college before designer coffee and bottled water, I was so poor I could barely scrape up the change for a soda pop at the student union. LOL The soda pops from the vending machine were $0.50 which for me was more than I could afford on a daily basis.

Today's college crowd uses credit cards for most everything. If you could find a vending machine that accepted a bank card than I could see some good sales counts. Just a thought.

[ 02-07-2006, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

golee1
02-07-2006, 10:29 PM
or better yet , a vending machine that could accept a college card. At most colleges around here, the schol issues a card similar to a credit card. Basically mommy and daddy put money onto the card, and then the student can use it to buy things. Originally, it was just for on campus, but when I was at Radford a few years ago it had gotten to the point where you could use your card at Krogers or McDonalds. The vending machines on campus were set up to accept the university cards.

Mr Zabe
02-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Outstanding point!!!!!

A few years back I took a night school course at a local college. They had a vending card program.
You put cash or a credit card in a machine and you got a vending card. The vending card was only good for the vending machines. I thought the vending card work rather well.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

[ 02-07-2006, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Red Bull Vendor
02-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I used a locator, he charges $250 per location, no payment up front, I checked the locations and approved them, installed the machines and then sent him the payment after I had the location secured. I vend at $2.50 and give the location 25 cents per vend if they ask for a commission, about 45% ask for the commission, a few ask to lower the price to $2.25 and waive the commission.

just thinkin
02-07-2006, 11:47 PM
just a thought,-college kids dont have money? but the majority of them get wasted on booze and all kinds of drugs, and there is absolutely no way they would go and buy a drink from a vending machine???? so i guess the population that made red bull so popular must have been the senior citizens of these years in progress. I myself can not agree with that statement being that i am of the age group of college kiddies that live off of allowance from mowing the lawn.

just thinkin
02-07-2006, 11:50 PM
I dont know how it is anywhere else but when people go to the bars here (college students) they spend on an average weekend 200-500 dollars on booze

Mr Zabe
02-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Not all colledge kids get high or drink.
Not all colledge kids have a free ride with getting support (money) from their parents.

A good deal of young people who still live at home get all the Red Bull and such as they want just by opening the kitchen fridge. They get spending money from their parents. Not all young people work or find ways to earn money.

My point is that young adults at colledge are always stressed out over money. In my case if I had a choice between spending my last $2 for a big slice of pizza or a 9oz energy drink, I would choose the pizza. I think most colledge kids would rather eat slice of pizza which would fill their stomachs than have a $2 energy drink.

I'm not knocking energy drinks,I'm just saying that the demand for them is not the same as the demand for substance especially at a colledge campus. At some point or another we all have to eat something. When we are thirsty enough tap water dose the trick.

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I agree that not all college kids get high and drunk but they also watch there weight as far as the piece of pizza goes. the whole point is that this and all vending is just a numbers game some will, some wont,some will next time, so what as long as they do - NEXT

JBrien
02-08-2006, 06:58 AM
I would think that a golf course, car wash or techies workplace cafeteria would be the place. Students may not be the answer but these other locations make marketing sense. If convenience stores are getting $2.63 each with tax in my area because it is convenient...then that is the whole point. I had to LOL on the Starbucks reference because I ahve used that comparison in conversations myself! The best locations should be where people are somewhat stranded and they are male 15-40 years old...so who is placing in these venues? Is it selling or what?

P.S. Red Bull Vendor a "large hotel 400+ rooms it sells 5-8 cans A WEEK."...that sucks! Good luck and keep posting, I am learning a lot!

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 08:52 AM
I think its pointless to to even keep a machine in a place like that , why wouldnt somebody find another location and get out of the hotel? then again if your not finding your own locations i guess it would be very costly to get new locations

Breuvage .J
02-08-2006, 09:09 AM
you mut look at locations with high traffic, with potential consumers ...office workers, truck drivers, athletes, college library ....
RB is a energy drink that helps give you energy when you need it during a certain function that has to be accomplished ....a office worker when he starts to get tired in the afternoon.....large office buildings ... a truck driver on a long haul.......truck stops , a student who is craming before his/her exam needs to find a way to stay alert and awake, college library ....... a athlete just before his/her game or practice, or workout .....high traffic sports complexe........ depending on your market, there has to be opportunities in these locations...and I think that they will give you a better return ( sales )

Breuvage .J
02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
JBrian , if regular convenience stores are selling for 2.63 $ tx in, what price would the market accept in a vending machine .....2.75 $ or 3 $ ......just wondering what the vending price should be vs the convenience store....

Mr Zabe
02-08-2006, 10:45 AM
OK. IMO (LOL)
Most (not all) vending decisions are based on availability and price of the product. There has to be a motivation for a vending energy drink purchase. If the average drug store (Walgreens,CVS,Right Aid ect) are selling Red Bull for $2.25 per can. Vending at $2.25 or $2.50 will not create steady customers. A perceived economic value will put the thought in their minds that they can get a good value at your machine and location. An increase in volume will far exceed charging above the average market cost.

Breuvage .J
02-08-2006, 11:26 AM
The Red Bull market retail price in Quebec is somewhat regulated by the people at RB, so the cost is 1.99 $ /can, and the suggested retail price is 2.99 $ / can, always + taxes .....

So we do not have the same competitive market as you folks have in the US .....all the retail stores are obligated to sell at the above mentionned price , or they will lose the priviledge of selling RB ....

So indeed I understand your statement of product supply and demand, as well as a motivated buyer ....seeing that the price that is established in Quebec is 2.99 $ + tx = 3.44 $
in order to eliminate small change in the vending machine, I would establish the price at 2.04 $ + tx, which comes out to 3.50 $ a can ....
FYI.....

fusion
02-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I just don't see energy drink-only machines as being all that viable. You're only serving one specific segment of the population (perhaps two, if you vend sugarfree as well).

At least with a traditional vending machine, you give the consumer at least six choices, maybe even more if you're using a glass front vendor.

That way, you can make the cola drinker, the lemon-lime drinker, the diet drinker, the citrus drinker, the water drinker, and so on happy.

In what location could you place an energy-only vendor that would generate a lot of sales?

I also doubt that there are many energy-only drinkers out there. Energy drinks are a secondary or tertiary drink. Maybe it would be smarter for RB/CC to get involved with a water company to vend some water out of their machines.. or something.

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 04:57 PM
you may be right fusion but either way most of the time energy drinks of any kind i think are an impulse buy if somebody wants it they will buy it. and as far as the prices go, how many times have we all spent money on something we thought was too much but we didnt care anyway, vending machines are only there for convenience. most of the people when buying snacks even out of a vending machine dont buy because they are starving. They just want to keep filling their fat a**es

the saint
02-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by just thinkin:
you may be right fusion but either way most of the time energy drinks of any kind i think are an impulse buy if somebody wants it they will buy it. and as far as the prices go, how many times have we all spent money on something we thought was too much but we didnt care anyway, vending machines are only there for convenience. most of the people when buying snacks even out of a vending machine dont buy because they are starving. They just want to keep filling their fat a**es I am not knocking you guy, but you seem awful disgusted with any type of constructive criticism that comes your way. You have posted on here as if you were wanting input from some people who might know a thing or two other than what the people trying to get you to buy their machines say.
You come across rudely with bashing anything negative towards your venture, as you did with your comment back in the thread a bit blah blah blah "NEXT". Then you are trying to convince fusion ( who happens to know a thing or two in this business, he like myself have probably forgotten more knowledge than you could ever hope to obtain in this business) that he "MAY" be right.
I think personally you are just mad at the world because you got suckered into buying some machines and suckered into paying someone to place said machines for you, and your business venture is not showing the ROI you were led to believe that it would. Alot of the people on here could have steered you in the other direction before you sent your money in as this is not the next "big thing" I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
Bash me all you want , BUT I do not offend easily especially from someone who doesn't have more than 20 posts. Furthermore I will not get mad about it, I am not the one with machines that are gathering dust and product that every day gets closer to the end date on the bottom.

Mr Zabe
02-08-2006, 06:39 PM
I think Fusion has made a very strong point based on more than a few years of experience working and dealing with people in the soft drink industry. I fail to understand how the experts with seasoned frount line experience can have their feedback so minimized.

The snack buying public weather obese or thin deserve a modicum of respect. How about the vending machines in blue and white collar offices. When I worked in these offices all sorts of fat and thin people were glad to get a snack when hunger got the best of them.

[ 02-08-2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I am sorry if i offended anybody and no i did not choose to go into the vending business. However i think that i am entitled to an opinion just as everybody on this board is. I did look into it and i do think its a great idea but i am only speaking from my own personal experience as far as when i come across vending machines. I think that when you have been in a vending business you look at things from a different angle than the consumer, well i am looking at it as a consumer and you being in a vending business are not. You are only looking at it from a business standpoint as far as im concerened. And for everybodys information i do like redbull and if i had a redbull machine in the automotive plant that i work at i and a lot of my co-workers would probably empty the machine weekly. A lot of the people i work with drink redbull, its just my outlook on this. oh, and the blah blah blah line was uncalled for because you know its true. If there is 2000 people working in a plant a certain percentage will buy from the machines daily and thats all that matters to guys like you in the vending business

Red Bull Vendor
02-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Just thinkin,
I have not moved the machine yet because I have not gotten a new location, I will cost me about $100.00 just to move it, You need a truck with a tommy lift and a heavy duty dolly cart. Locations are alot harder to get than you think. Most large companies like the one that you work at already have contracted vendors on premisis. The cant allow other vendors in teh door. So its really is not as easy as it seems. I have a vision of having 50 or so machines by the end of this year, but rome was not made in a day. I will take the slow pace and be sure taht all my ducks are in a row. Otherwise my machines will be forsale on ebay like the other 20 or so that have been listed this month. they are selling becaus they jumped in with no KNOWLEDGE, just teh pipe dreams that CREATIVE CONCEPTS filed them with. I also fell for it, but I will make it work in teh long run, it just takes a little time

the saint
02-08-2006, 08:42 PM
I am sorry if i offended anybody and no i did not choose to go into the vending business. However i think that i am entitled to an opinion just as everybody on this board is. I did look into it and i do think its a great idea but i am only speaking from my own personal experience as far as when i come across vending machines. I think that when you have been in a vending business you look at things from a different angle than the consumer, well i am looking at it as a consumer and you being in a vending business are not. You are only looking at it from a business standpoint as far as im concerened. And for everybodys information i do like redbull and if i had a redbull machine in the automotive plant that i work at i and a lot of my co-workers would probably empty the machine weekly. A lot of the people i work with drink redbull, its just my outlook on this. oh, and the blah blah blah line was uncalled for because you know its true. If there is 2000 people working in a plant a certain percentage will buy from the machines daily and thats all that matters to guys like you in the vending business yes you are entitled to your opinion, I am not saying anything to the contrary. Just to be clear though.. How exactly am I supposed to look at the vending BUSINESS? Isn't the idea of a BUSINESS to make money? I wasn't aware that I was supposed to look at in the " I think that machine is pretty" sort of way.
It is pretty much a proven fact that 90% of the population will not put more than $1 yes ONE DOLLAR in a vending machine, that is why vending machines have 75 cent bags of chips and 50 cent to $1 sodas. Heck even the vending machines at the car wash that vends armor all only charges..yes you guessed it $1.
as far as the blah blah blah "NEXT" line, well I did not want to scroll up the page and C&P the post and I could not recall word for word what you wrote but if it will make you feel better here you go

I agree that not all college kids get high and drunk but they also watch there weight as far as the piece of pizza goes. the whole point is that this and all vending is just a numbers game some will, some wont,some will next time, so what as long as they do - NEXT

[ 02-08-2006, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

the saint
02-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull Vendor:
Just thinkin,
I have not moved the machine yet because I have not gotten a new location, I will cost me about $100.00 just to move it, You need a truck with a tommy lift and a heavy duty dolly cart. Locations are alot harder to get than you think. Most large companies like the one that you work at already have contracted vendors on premisis. The cant allow other vendors in teh door. So its really is not as easy as it seems. I have a vision of having 50 or so machines by the end of this year, but rome was not made in a day. I will take the slow pace and be sure taht all my ducks are in a row. Otherwise my machines will be forsale on ebay like the other 20 or so that have been listed this month. they are selling becaus they jumped in with no KNOWLEDGE, just teh pipe dreams that CREATIVE CONCEPTS filed them with. I also fell for it, but I will make it work in teh long run, it just takes a little time the vending machine is not much heavier than a refrigerator, all you should need is a good 2 wheeler another person and a strong set of leg and back muscles to put in a truck. tommy lift isn't neccessary <sarcasm> unless creative concepts sells those also <sarcasm>. however you do need to unload the product first as that I believe would be about 400-500 more lbs to the weight.

Red Bull Vendor
02-08-2006, 08:51 PM
saint,
about the weight of 1 refridgerator???? NOT!!!!!I have these machines and I have delivered them, the weight is around 600 pounds. It takes 2 guys just to tip the appliance cart back on the helper wheels. I would love to see 2 guys lift one of these machines up into the back of a pick up truck. I would say it is next to impossible

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
redbull vendor, I understand what you are getting at, once again i am not experienced in vending so have little room to talk on that part of the subject but i do think in the long run redbull vending is a good choice, I did however also notice that there is a lot of negative thinkers on this subject. The hotel location i guess is not such a bad idea Im sure it just takes time for people to notice the machine. Also i dont know which state you are in but if its a cold one , even with an indoor pool area, people i would think just by nature would be more in the mood to swim in the summer time. maybe that was a dumb thought, but once again just a thought

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Saint, I am not trying to make enemies online, but I did notice there is a lot of people that have good things to say about cc. Of course there also is people with bad things to say. My question is this-Why do you think it is necessary to add YOUR sarcastic remarks about the company. I am sure the same way you are looking to sell product out of your vending machines because its your BUSINESS,they also are looking to sell the vending machines to you because thats their BUSINESS. how else are they supposed to look at it?

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Note: I am not affiliated with any vending company at present but will take a closer look into the redbull opportunity. maybe even into the old style machines that vend different energy drinks also.

the saint
02-08-2006, 09:42 PM
HHMMM I guess that they must be heavier than they used to be, since the first job in the soda industry I had was moving vending machines BY MYSELF with a tipback wheeler and a tommy lift.. whenever I had the luxury of help we would just take the regular pickup since it had a/c in it and one of us would stand in the bed while the other would lift from the bottom.
As far as needing 2 guys to tip them back well maybe you aren't leveraging your weight right with the tip back. I did it by myself for about 2 years and I only weighed about 170-180 lbs.

I guess a fridge wasn't a good reference for the weight but maybe you just have a small fridge.

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Veruca vending, I can totally agree with you , you brought some light to the subject. Even if there is other vending machines next to the redbull machine thats fine also. let the buyer make the choice on what they want to drink. Sometimes i will feel like a soda and sometimes a redbull will be needed.

the saint
02-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Saint, I am not trying to make enemies online, but I did notice there is a lot of people that have good things to say about cc. Of course there also is people with bad things to say. My question is this-Why do you think it is necessary to add YOUR sarcastic remarks about the company. I am sure the same way you are looking to sell product out of your vending machines because its your BUSINESS,they also are looking to sell the vending machines to you because thats their BUSINESS. how else are they supposed to look at it? I do not own any vending machines, Therefore I am not looking to sell product out of them, nor am I looking to buy any vending machines. YOU are the one that brought up the whole point of view aspect in the thread. YOU stated that you were looking at purchasing vendors and you had a consumers point of view, while you said I was looking at it from a business standpoint and that I seen it from a different view. I simply asked which point of view was a business supposed to be looked at.

I believe that you are upset with me because you are not getting the same answers on here as what you were fed from CC and you are mad at everyone about it. I am sure that the red bull vending is just like any other business, there will be commercials on late night with a bunch of people telling us how rich they became while selling redbull just as there are now with people selling realestate.just be sure to look for "results not typical or guaranteed" at the bottom of the screen. It ain't no skin off my back if you want to buy 10,000 vendors be my guest. Just don't get pi$$y with people if you don't hear the answer you want to hear from them.

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 10:26 PM
We can get along as long as saint will forgive me for nonsense that i may have written Already. But then again that is why there is forums like this to further educate people like myself, I truly am sorry Saint, without sarcasm smile.gif smile.gif

Mr Zabe
02-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Veruca Vending,
You sure are a breath of fresh air. smile.gif
Your insights make good sense.
Zabe

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Veruca, I did look into the redbull machines and called cc and you are totally right. When I talked to them they never claimed that you will vend 30 cans a day but said it is very possible, I was told however if you can vend 15-20 cans a day even that you would be doing good but it is also possible to get even more vends with better locations. Also,like you said, If a location does not work out try finding a better one. Do you think if i was to go into this venture it would be wise to keep my eyes wide open for new locations at all times?

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Mr. zabe, Also forgive me I am trying to learn from those with more experience. not to sound like an **s kisser lol.

Mr Zabe
02-08-2006, 10:50 PM
It all cool. There is plenty of room here for all of us and our opinions. smile.gif

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Yes I have noticed that on these boards it seems like everybody complains about locating services no matter what kind of machines they have.And then you might get the occasional locater himself saying that the company they used was great,and then refer you to there website. Not only that but as i wrote earlier wouldnt you yourself want to find these locations and build relationships with the location owners rather than a pushy salesman that made them feel like they just got taken.

just thinkin
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Sure not everybody has time to find locations but if your gonna go into a business venture like this one i think the money you would invest would only make it more worth finding your own locations

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-09-2006, 12:14 AM
has anyone considered a non red bull branded 8.4 oz vending machine? i have emailed a few places, claiming they customize the machine you would use. the prices i have gotten is as follows:

cc's RB vending machines: (new) $3400
old RB vending machines: $2100

is it unreasonable to ask for cheaper then this? i think theres a slight markup because of the red bull name, and what it means to consumers.

mlucas
02-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi all. Been reading the posts for a while and was interested in red bull vending machines
I read that pepsico was looking into buying Red Bull. I wonder what this would do to the red bull vending since you would surely be able to buy red bull out of pepsi machines then. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

the saint
02-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by mlucas:
Hi all. Been reading the posts for a while and was interested in red bull vending machines
I read that pepsico was looking into buying Red Bull. I wonder what this would do to the red bull vending since you would surely be able to buy red bull out of pepsi machines then. Has anyone else heard anything about this? That could be possible.. Word has it that Pepsico is gonna cut up and dump off most of Quaker, maybe use money from that plus sell off something else and pay for red bull. I really do not think that they would but who knows.

On to other topics,

Just thinkin, I ain't got no beef with you there is no need to forgive you or for you to apoligize, you have your opinions and I have mine. I am not going to ask for forgivness or apoligize for seeing things the way I see them. Well not unless I am shown without a shadow of a doubt conclusive evidence that I am dead wrong then I MIGHT agree that the other person was right, I still don't think I would apoligize for my opinion after all they are like, well you know, everyone has one and everyone else's smells like...hehe

[ 02-09-2006, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

the saint
02-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Veruca Vending:
The idea of using a Credit Card acceptor for my machines, as mentioned above, has my curiosity piqued. Does anyone know of a good source for these? I would definitely consider putting them in a couple machines if the time/effort were worth it. I am assuming such an acceptor would also require a dedicated phone line, so I'm not sure how reasonable it is. But, it's a great idea, worth looking into anyway. Any ideas are much appreciated. There are new pepsi machines that have wireless sattelite uplinks in them that bounce the info back to the depot that will tell the vending dept 1) I am being broken into 2)I am being moved 3) I am out of "XXXXX" brand of soda (unless you set it to tell you when you are 1/4 full or 1/2 full) 4) I am in need of service due to "XXXX" malfuntion 5) I am being stolen I am at "XXX" location. The machines have a backup battery in them that will run the computer and uplink for like 48 hours or something like that.They have wireless locks sort of like a Cadillac trunk lid ( no keys) and it latches closed then retracts the mechanism to acheive a weatherproof seal. They also have the new style CC acceptors like what you see in the commercial where you just hover your card over a spot and it bounces the info to the CC company for payment. I am not sure of who manufactures the CC acceptor but I could probably find out first of next week. I am sure they are NOT cheap by any means. Other wise you would probably neeed to tie into the store/ locations phone system.

[ 02-09-2006, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

CCE Girlie
02-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by mlucas:
I read that pepsico was looking into buying Red Bull. I wonder what this would do to the red bull vending since you would surely be able to buy red bull out of pepsi machines then. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I know you....I think....did you go to MIOA?

DudeMan
02-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Mateschitz's stake is 49% of Red Bull. This means that 51% of Red Bull would still belong to T.C. Pharmaceuticals (Red Bull Thailand).

JBrien
02-10-2006, 07:43 PM
ooof! Pepsi buying out RED BULL would really put a curve in the road. What are the likley events if that happened? Pepsi distributors might buy out your Red Bull machines for 1/2 price or less...of course they won't really need them at all I guess. They would certainly put your Red Bull machine in violation of the contract they may have with any location where Pepsi is already or they would just sell it cheaper and force you out of business. Sounds bad for me. YES that buyout would suck. How real is it again???

JBrien
02-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Also, accepting credit cards would be a HUGE edge for those vendors who can provide it. Credit is the way - with no end in sight.

Red Bull Vendor
02-10-2006, 10:17 PM
The odds of PEPSI buying out REDBULL are just as good as George W Bush finding weaopns od mass destruction in Iraq, AINT GONNA HAPPEN

the saint
02-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull Vendor:
The odds of PEPSI buying out REDBULL are just as good as George W Bush finding weaopns od mass destruction in Iraq, AINT GONNA HAPPEN you really should go elsewhere to babble about politics, this isn't the place.

As far as Pepsi buying out redbull it could happen, I doubt it but anything is possible. I am sure that the snapple vendors way back along with the sobe vendors thought that their companies wouldn't be bought out either.

the saint
02-11-2006, 07:05 AM
Honestly think about it, If you are sitting on top of a goldmine and someone is going to hand you almost 7 BILLION in cash for it, are you going to let the world ( i.e. all of the distributors etc that will have to close up shop because Pepsi bought out the source therefore they have nothing to distribute) know?? Or are you going to be sitting there like a big old grinning fat ass 'shire cat and say nothing. I for one would act as though I knew nothing until the my palm or in this case my bank account was full. Talking of it might discourage the common stockholders into a selling frenzy causing the stock to plummet, and Pepsi might pull away and then you got what you had not 7 Billion more.

As far as the people who own vending machines it wouldn't really affect you much. Look at all of the third party vendors that are around today that run Pepsi machines. All it would change is where you get your product from and how you place the order for it. Also Veruca I sent you those links I spoke about for the CC validators.

[ 02-11-2006, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]

Grapple
02-24-2006, 06:09 PM
I hope Pepsi buys out Red Bull. I can then place my Red Bell machines in places that have exclusive contracts with Pepsi. ;)

Also for those that are thinking about the CC Red Bull machines, think twice about the locator service. They have been looking for locations for me for over two months and have not made a single sale. Also in their default contract they want you to give 25c per can to the location. This is my first vending attempt so I do not know if that is normal or not.

the saint
02-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Grapple:
I hope Pepsi buys out Red Bull. I can then place my Red Bell machines in places that have exclusive contracts with Pepsi. ;)

Also for those that are thinking about the CC Red Bull machines, think twice about the locator service. They have been looking for locations for me for over two months and have not made a single sale. Also in their default contract they want you to give 25c per can to the location. This is my first vending attempt so I do not know if that is normal or not. Your first attempt shows well in the statement about Pepsi letting you place your machines where they have an exclusive contract

MARSS VENDING
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Well Guys nice postings, I have bought the machines also, they just arrived, most good locations are taken by Pepsi or Coke exclusive contracts (Malls, Gyms, Colleges) Iam trying different locations now. I emailed RED BULL and yes CC is the exclusive RB vendor and I did recieve my Supplies from the Local Red Bull distributor, they are also helping me find a good location since I buy supplies from them and they even gave me a rebate on the drinks. It is tough to find good locations. Now i just found that another Vendor with CC RB machines from 90 Miles away placed his machines in my area, so I emailed CC and waiting on their reply and if they dont answer I guess I will email RB themselves.

Mr Zabe
03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Could this be the Subway Sandwich Effect?
Early on the local Subway Sandwich owners were promised territorial boundaries so that new shops would not compete with their shops.

Guess what? In my area alone there are 4 shops within around 6 miles of each other. Go figure, there were some law suites but I do not recall the outcomes.

[ 03-03-2006, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Red Bull Vendor
03-02-2006, 10:53 PM
MARSS, good luck getting creative concepts to help, they contacted me the other day and wanted me to take a location that was 65 miles away and not even in my protected territory, I passed, CC is never there when you need something, espically after they got your money