PDA

View Full Version : New Energy Drinks....Opinions Wanted

xslipknotx
10-15-2005, 02:38 AM
I am researching some newer energy drinks found on Bevnet, etc. for a business associate who may add them to their beer distro. biz, anybody have any comments, suggestions on potential commercial success of these:

NOS Energy
Diesel Energy
Kabbalah Energy
Boo-Koo Energy
Happy Bunny Spaz Juice Energy
Stewie's Family Guy Energy
WideOpen Energy Drink
Jones Soda Co. Energy Drink
Source Burn Energy
Steven Seagal's Energy Drink

Thanks!!!

boodoo
10-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Keep your eye on Kronik Energy. I would suggest he attend the NACS show in Vegas in November. He will get to taste, touch and feel a whole lot of drinks.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-18-2005, 09:40 AM
what about red jak? dpsu is selling that here in michigan

Energy G
10-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I would love to extend HER Energy to Philadelphia

Nicolee C.
10-24-2005, 12:28 PM
I did not see you mention the World's Newest Super Drink! It is the next generation in Tonics, as it is not a juice but rather a whole food, matrix - all natural energy tonic. It contains 9 fruits, 2 roots (skin, peel, pulp, pits, stems, juice - pulverized) then added to the cleanest mineral water in the world containing 13 naturally occuring minerals from the Andes. Mtns. It is extrmely high in anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories, vitamins and minerals. It is changing lives. It is cold processed, not high heat pasturized, thus preserving enzymes. It is Alive!! Since it is not a "juice", it helps keep the body in an Alkaline PH state vs. Acidic Ph caused by many juices. Diabetics like it also because of the high anti-inflammatories helping with inflammation in the pancreas. Yes, there are some wonderful juices on the market but nothing holds a candle to this one in my opinion. This drink lights up a light bulb. That is how you feel when you drink it. Sales are in multi millions, company is 2 years old. See website for details: www.viaishere.com (http://www.viaishere.com)

Fry
10-24-2005, 01:26 PM
You guys really need a webdesigner!

upinarms
10-25-2005, 07:14 PM
The thing the dissapoints me most about NOS is that it was released so far behind the wake of the Fast and Furious movie craze. That drink would have seriously taken off if it came out around the same time of the first film. What better way to get your drink going than to score like that?

I think that one might have a little potient to make some impact, but I see little staying power or growth. I do see it on more shelves than the previously mentioned ones. All energy drinks are gimmicky, thats how you sell you product, but some of those other ones are just silly. Steven Seagal energy drink? Pffft.

The energy drink market is like a big pond with a bunch of the same fish, sure there are some that stand out but most blend in with the others. More and more drinks pop up only to fall into obscurity.

Honestly, I think it would take an act of God for any drink to really start giving Red Bull a run for its money. Its a household name. The figures don't lie, it sells. In my three stores it totally murders any other drink in terms of sales. Sure, drinks like Monster, AMP and the Sobe ones do well, but I could never picture something ridiclous like a Steven Seagal or 'spaz juice' drink even getting to that plateau.

Nicolee C.
10-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Via Viente is good for you unlike Red Bull. smile.gif

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-09-2005, 04:51 PM
steven segal's energy drink? do i really need to address that one? stewie's and happy bunny are created by a company called Boston America, what turned me off to them was that they take the SAME EXACT DRINK, and just slap a different label on like 4 different lines. source was impressive, and has a higher caffeine content then most, but i found it to be expensive. bookoo and nos are prevelant here in nassau county. i tasted diesel, there's nothing special about it.

DMC
11-27-2005, 07:15 PM
i don't know how it is in all the areas, but here at the lake, coke distibutes NOS. it sells pretty well, though i don't much care for it. it's too tarty.

Super Jay
12-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Steven Seagal's Energy Drink might have the best can design I have ever seen. Just amazing!

JP QuikServ Drinks
12-02-2005, 09:08 PM
with that comment super jay, you not only give the beverage industry, but your name, jay, which is also my name, a bad name.

Nick Laugher
12-06-2005, 03:44 PM
that's harsh stuff.

Super Jay
12-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Ok, Ok, maybe Seagal's drink does not the best can design ever, but it sure is funny. Has anyone ever seen a can of this at a store, if so where.

[ 12-07-2005, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Super Jay ]

JP QuikServ Drinks
02-21-2006, 09:17 PM
i dont like segal's.

DudeMan
02-22-2006, 03:44 AM
I'd like to get some opinions on Source Burn. Is it as strong as they claim to be (8.4oz). Doing well?

ALLPRO
02-22-2006, 10:54 AM
We have been taking a serious look at Source Burn Energy Drink. It is a outstanding products, in terms of taste, effectiveness and formula. From what I gather Source's focus will be in their 16oz series. They also seem to be agressive in "grass roots" marketing. Which is a plus.

ichiro
02-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Jones has the best branding, best line of products, out of what you listed. Tke a look at where this co. is heading.Will leave the others in the dust.jmho.

The Truth
02-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Jones come and gone three times, look likes it getting ready to leave my area again.

Tons O' Fun
02-22-2006, 05:44 PM
BooKoo has been around for a couple of years.

MARSS VENDING
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Has any one heard of Nitro 2 Go

SumPoosieCat
02-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Well... I would suggest SumPoosie but you knew I would say that! It taste great and it sells, what more could you ask for! New 16 ounce can comes out March 15th all bevnet members are welcome to request a sample can. Please wait 7-10 days for delivery.

xslipknotx
02-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Nitro 2 Go is garbage, one very small step above XS Energy and that is not saying much!

DudeMan
02-28-2006, 05:31 PM
ALLPRO what do you mean by "grass roots" marketing??

POP
03-03-2006, 04:05 AM
LB

BuzzMonkey Energy
03-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Id like to introduce a Premium lightly carbonated energy drink beverage call Buzz Monkey, specially developed to increase endurance and energy, help concentration all while stimulating the metabolism. Buzz Monkey's flavorfull wild plum taste not only increases energy but also satisfies a thirst with no medicinal aftertaste.
For more info please contact Joseph Falco @jfalco69@aol.com or 1.718.984.9312

Joseph Falco
Buzz Monkey Energy USA Inc.
"ITS ALL ABOUT THE BUZZ"

CStoreCatMan
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Can I ask a question? How do you define a premium energy drink and a non-premium energy drink? What differentiates the two?

BuzzMonkey Energy
03-15-2006, 11:21 AM
taste, uniqueness, not immulating other energy drinks, made with natural raw materials.

greg
03-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Can I ask a question? How do you define a premium energy drink and a non-premium energy drink? What differentiates the two? By most parts pricing and Marketing. Nothing else. Sure you can have novel and exotic ingredients but it is how it is marketed.
Look at grey Goose as compared to Smirnoff Vodka. Smirnoff has won tatse awards year after year but Grey Goose has that all important image going with it.

Mr Zabe
03-15-2006, 12:47 PM
So true. It's amazing how much power marketing of a product has over the actual competitive catagory quality of a product. Us humans are a fickle as a pickle. LOL

ehinkes
03-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Based on my trials of those I think Jones probably has the best chance of success followed by Diesel. I wasn't impressed when trying the other ones. Email me if you want more detail

energy_guru@sbcglobal.net

David Brook
03-23-2006, 04:41 PM
The only energy sensation drink out there is XTREME SHOCK.Call me for more info and check out the website
www.xtremeshock.com (http://www.xtremeshock.com)
888-777-1223x224
Thanks
Dave Brook
RSM
NRG,Largo FL