PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull is Pasteurized

SGMCC
11-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Red Bull is distinguished from many other US energy drinks because it is pasteurized rather than cold packed. Is this a sign of higher quality in the energy drink business? Is there any advantage in this to the manufacturer or more importantly to the end user?

Nicolee C.
11-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Red Bull is not a "functional beverage" like Via Viente is. When you pasturize anything, you cook it and kill any active enzymes there may possible be. Via is cold pressed, thus preserving the enzymes. It's great for the whole digestive tract.... www.idrinkvia.com (http://www.idrinkvia.com)

Coco Rico
11-02-2005, 07:05 PM
N.C.

Why are you actively attacking Red Bull to promote your drink? Not that I care, but it just doesn't make sense - it seems like you're trying to compare apples to oranges. It's kind of like Minute Maid OJ attacking Lipton Iced Tea to promote itself - what's the point? The two products are not even remotely similar.

By the way, your product sounds pretty interesting - like something I might find at Whole Foods - but you seriously need to re-design your website. Just my 2 cents...

CR

SGMCC
11-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Bevnet community--
My intention is to bring a European energy drink to the US for bottling. In Europe these drinks are pasteurized, but they are generally cold filled in the US. What does one gain or lose through each process. Is it worth the extra expense and effort for Pasteurization?--why? Thanks for your input--

boodoo
11-06-2005, 12:22 PM
As far as I know pasteurization is only needed for beverages that have all/some natural ingredients.

JP QuikServ Drinks
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
i have a drink called Rhino Energy Drink, that tastes just like red bull, if not better, but for about 40% less.

Ron Swedelson
11-10-2005, 12:51 AM
The one thing I love, is that Red Bull even says publicly that they did not design their drink for taste, but for the effectivness of it. And many companies come out and compare to Red Bull at the taste. If you got a drink that really works great, come strong with that. Dont try to compare tastes.
Thats not an attack on you JP Quick...just a little venting.

Mr Zabe
11-10-2005, 01:20 AM
My two cents.

Granted I'm not even remotely an energy drink drinker; I just can't get past that first foul taste of Red Bull. I wish there was a way to sort of prime my taste buds so I could shot gun there rest of the can. I think that's what most people are complaining about. :confused:

[ 11-10-2005, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ron Swedelson
11-10-2005, 08:27 PM
plug your nose, then you dont taste it. Before I ever worked at Red Bull (which I dont any longer) I did not like the taste at all. But after being "force-fed" Red Bull by my manager for a week, I actully love it now. Actually, kind of pissed because when I worked there I got it free, now its $2.00 out of my pocket all the time.

the saint
11-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Long time no see Ron.
I find it amusing that every (note fictional names, if one is actual I apoligize) red donkey, orange rooster, purple coyote, etc ALWAYS say "It taste just like" or " It taste better than Red Bull" to the managers of accounts while trying to get said product into account. If I were a store manager I would carry Red Bull, Amp, SoBe's A Rush and No Fear ( because Pepsi more than likely is there everyday) and Full Throttle (for the same reason as Pepsi)and that is more than likely it. I would bring in other drinks if I had numerous request for a certain edrink, but I wouldn't have every edrink that comes into being as there are about 19 million of them it seems. Back to what I was saying before I got to rambling, If it tastes like and/ or works like Red Bull why not just have Red Bull.

Ron Swedelson
11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Worded perfectly.

CaffeineBoy
11-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Coco Rico:
N.C.

Why are you actively attacking Red Bull to promote your drink? Not that I care, but it just doesn't make sense - it seems like you're trying to compare apples to oranges. It's kind of like Minute Maid OJ attacking Lipton Iced Tea to promote itself - what's the point? The two products are not even remotely similar.

By the way, your product sounds pretty interesting - like something I might find at Whole Foods - but you seriously need to re-design your website. Just my 2 cents...

CR so i was'nt the only one who saw that as a blatand advertising plug...

and i agree, the website is... odd. i dont like reading text in one long column in the center of the page. tongue.gif

Thomas
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Is Rockstar pasteurized as well? How about other energy drinks in the US? Know of any that are also pasteurized?

-Thomas

SumPoosieCat
02-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I think red bull has done a wonderful job at creating a new beverage category and for that I thank them. The fact that they continue to change nothing and not expand the brand makes me smile too. It has given us little guys a chance to catch up. The 16 ounce can is the present and future of the energy drink market. Americans like more and 8 ounces just doesn't seem to get it anymore. My friend owns 26 convenient stores and 2 years ago red bull was 90% of his energy drink sales. Today it is about 50%. The 16 ounce can is really coming on.

Mr. Elekt
02-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
plug your nose, then you dont taste it. Before I ever worked at Red Bull (which I dont any longer) I did not like the taste at all. But after being "force-fed" Red Bull by my manager for a week, I actully love it now. Actually, kind of pissed because when I worked there I got it free, now its $2.00 out of my pocket all the time. Why should you have to be "force fed" anything? You like it or you don't. Right?! Why should you have to develope a taste for it, shouldn't you drink it because you like it?!

Ron Swedelson
02-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I was "force fed" because they knew I worked sold other energy drinks. And each day durring training, my boss would grab 6 cold red bulls. 3 for him, 3 for me.
I do drink it now because I like it, but since 97, I had sold drinks that were against Red Bull and always sold against taste. I was trained to think a different way.
As far as devoloping a taste...I for 1 did not like beer at first taste...I had to develope my taste for it. You have to remember, in the 24 years of my life before I worked for Red Bull, I had only dranken RB maybe 4 times. So yeah, I had to develop a taste for it.